• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Post-Pass, I see an advertisement character inevitable.

View attachment 255199View attachment 255200

Pick your poison.
Joke #1: "The anime swordfighter vs. the anime-loving swordfighter."

Joke #2: Man, I can't wait to see the new Three Houses poster they put in Travis' house for NMH3.

Seriously, though, I'd pick Travis any day. I do think his chances will be higher post Pass. It would be cool if we could get Shinobu or Henry as ATs with him, but that probably won't happen...

Speaking of: what hazard could Travis' stage bring? I see a lot of people suggesting a traveling Santa Destroy stage or just the NMH Motel, but what about stage hazards?

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
No he wields a beam katana. That is way different from a sword.

What if Suda is hiding him being Fighter 5 by lying about him not being fighter 5?
Bruh

If this is not a hard deconfirm, I don’t know what is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hermitonmic/status/1075873075328180225?lang=en

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...lls-us-what-to-expect-from-no-more-heroes-iii

He must have some real dedication to lying for literally apologizing on stream for Travis not being in the game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
However, given the way Ultimate has gone, I really do not see another Corrin situation happening anytime soon. (Hopefully)
*implying a Three Houses character would be a Corrin situation like the game didn't got almost universal praise and isn't already out worldwide for months*

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
three houses rep will defy expectations and be dimitri because this man is still absolutely killing it in official nintendo polls

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
*implying a Three Houses character would be a Corrin situation like the game didn't got almost universal praise and isn't already out worldwide for months*
Maybe it is just me, but I’d prefer if Smash continues the route of adding many new franchises (AKA the current direction of the pass atm) than adding yet another Fire Emblem rep.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe it is just me, but I’d prefer if Smash continues the route of adding many new franchises (AKA the current direction of the pass atm) than adding yet another Fire Emblem rep.
I like new franchises alright, but if people can ask for two other Mario characters I don't see a problem with being vocal about a Three Houses character.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm not too much of a first party fan rn but if there's one I want it's dimitri

gotta be post time skip dimitri though, I will accept nothing less

D

Deleted member

fire emblem? more like stupid emblem!

smash speculation was better when the grinch leaked the base roster and boomers sent death threats

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Travis would be insulted you said he isn't anime, he'd cut off your head for that
I never said that. Even then it's a compliment because then he won't be banned from Smash like Goku. At least that's how I think it works.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
I like new franchises alright, but if people can ask for two other Mario characters I don't see a problem with being vocal about a Three Houses character.
Difference is Mario is big enough of a franchise to justify getting more characters. FE has already crossed that line several times.

D

Deleted member

it’s likely next week for a direct
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I dunno why but I'm starting to see Travis Touchdown as a real possibility for FP5. I'd say he, KOS-MOS and Master Chief are currently the three most likely.
i must be the only sane person in the room when i speculate about travis

travis is most likely one of the first people who's gonna get in after the fighters pass but there's no way he's getting one as FP5.

D

Deleted member

fr y'all smash speculation has never been good, like, ever. it has always sucked. we have always sucked

we are all trapped here like that bill murray in that one movie where he's stuck in a time loop and has to relive the same period of time over and over

majora's mask or something

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
fr y'all smash speculation has never been good, like, ever. it has always sucked. we have always sucked

we are all trapped here like that bill murray in that one movie where he's stuck in a time loop and has to relive the same period of time over and over

majora's mask or something
Been doing that. Been playing Luigi's Mansion 3 and MediEvil (PS4). Gonna go play the latter soon.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Difference is Mario is big enough of a franchise to justify getting more characters. FE has already crossed that line several times.
maybe it's not mario big or anything, but three houses is a SENSATION, a character from there would definitely be justified. Not to mention that any of the potential candidates would be very interesting fighters. You gotta open your mind to the possibilities at play here

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
FE crossed the line once with Corrin.
But since Three Houses is a universally accepted masterpiece that won more awards at the Game Awards than Smash, I think people won't care. :secretkpop:

And then FE4 gets a remake just as good and here comes the wave of Seliph support threads

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
maybe it's not mario big or anything, but three houses is a SENSATION, a character from there would definitely be justified. Not to mention that any of the potential candidates would be very interesting fighters. You gotta open your mind to the possibilities at play here
First of all, I'm not going to deny that 3H is a success. But its success along the other FE games is extremely exaggerated. It's not even in the top 10 best selling switch games(is unlikely to stay in the top 20 by the time switch is done getting new games imo) and wasnt even the 4th or 5th best selling switch title this year. It even lost out to the Links Awakening remake despite that games controversies.

Along with that 3H characters dont come close to getting requested as a lot of other front runners for smash despite the recency bias. So I dont see any reason to add a 3H rep.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I don’t care for Geno or Waluigi either.

I just have a preference for new franchises atm, since a game like this will likely never happen again.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Neat! How long was it between that kinda discovery and the actual Direct happening last time, again?
In retail it can be like, one week up to a few weeks, from personal experience never more than a month.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is a game where Earthbound has two characters, two Assists, two items, and four stages. If franchise size actually meant anything we'd POTENTIALLY have Ness and Lucas as spirits. That's it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This is a game where Earthbound has two characters, two Assists, two items, and four stages. If franchise size actually meant anything we'd POTENTIALLY have Ness and Lucas as spirits. That's it.
And the FE complaints would be Animal Crossing ones instead.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
So it's a coincidence that Mario and Pokemon, the two biggest ips by far, have the most content by a mile?

Because its apparent that unless you're fire emblem, you have to be one of the biggest video game franchises ever to get 6+ characters. Which makes less sense than just giving the bigger ips more content.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So it's a coincidence that Mario and Pokemon, the two biggest ips by far, have the most content by a mile?

Because its apparent that unless you're fire emblem, you have to be one of the biggest video game franchises ever to get 6+ characters. Which makes less sense than just giving the bigger ips more content.
Correlation doesn't imply causation. Mario is literally Nintendo's flagship and both Mario and Pokémon have tons of potential characters. So does Fire Emblem. Three Houses was an incredibly successful game with a very popular cast of characters, none of which are in Smash already. Pretty cut and dry, imo.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Correlation doesn't imply causation. Mario is literally Nintendo's flagship and both Mario and Pokémon have tons of potential characters. So does Fire Emblem. Three Houses was an incredibly successful game with a very popular cast of characters, none of which are in Smash already. Pretty cut and dry, imo.
And why is Mario's nintendos flagship? I find it hard to believe that pokemon are added solely for moveset potential when we got 3 shill human like reps in a row.

And a game selling 2 million on a console with multiple 10+ million sellers isn't impressive and the demand for any 3h character doesnt come remotely close to the most requested characters.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
three houses rep will defy expectations and be dimitri because this man is still absolutely killing it in official nintendo polls
Felix is typing in the chat...

Honestly though, I'd love for this to happen. Not only would we get a Three Houses rep, but we'd essentially get medieval Doom Slayer in Smash. I still like the idea of Byleth a tiny bit more, but Dimitri would still make me ecstatic beyond words.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And why is Mario's nintendos flagship? I find it hard to believe that pokemon are added solely for moveset potential when we got 3 shill human like reps in a row.

And a game selling 2 million on a console with multiple 10+ million sellers isn't impressive and the demand for any 3h character doesnt come remotely close to the most requested characters.
I really hope you're pushing for a full Animal Crossing pass then, or else this would be entirely hypocritical. Because Animal Crossing would, objectively, be big enough to get six characters. And yet, lo and behold, a vocal segment of the fanbase complained when Isabelle got in.

So what, does franchise size only matter when it's a franchise you like? To me, it's clear that franchise size means nothing when compared to franchise activity. If F-Zero was the one with seven characters I could understand complaints.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you're allowed to say you just don't want a 3H character, it's a valid opinion

Last edited:

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
90s

11 unique slots

Zelda took 1

2000s

23 unique slots (wolf fans could make an argument for 24)

Zelda took 2

2010s

29 unique slots

Zelda took 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom