• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I just want a No More Heroes 3 trailer if I'm lucky, but I'm blinking back tears just imagining Travis finally making it in. He's been my dream since Brawl and the character I've fantasized about making it in most over the years. Even though I haven't been vocal about it due to his seeming deconfirmation early in the cycle, he's always been up there in my most-wanted list. To see him finally get in after SUDA51 helped out Sakurai during Brawl development and after Nintendo gave the NMH series such good treatment this generation, especially with NMH3 coming... I might just break down in tears if I'm not too busy laughing.

This is gonna be one heck of an evening no matter what gets confirmed, or who. Hoo boy.
I've never played NMH and I'd like to. Really hoping for a port of the 2 first games for Switch or something because NMH3 has my attention but I think it would be cooler if I play the previous games before jumping into 3.

That said I think Travis would be super cool and yeah, I see him like a worthy reveal for TGA. He isn't super mainstream but he feels like a Joker pick, most of the audience would recognize him in some way or another. I would be totally happy if he gets in.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
For the sake of entertain Fatman's ramblings: maaaaybe it has to do with the datamined Splatoon items that were found months ago in Fortnite.
Maybe he heard something like "Nintendo is going to do a collaboration of some kind with Fortnite" and since it wasn't specified he assumed that he could meant Jonesy in Smash (hence why the "if he's revealed tonight it's Smash related"?
Then again, he did say that he would upset a "particular fanbase" so idk.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speculating based on a couple of Discord messages I got. I explain it in this post:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2041#post-23729754
a lot of insiders have been messaging me, not only sharing stories of their own on how Sabi wronged them in the past but thanking me too for my posts.
It's cool that you're somehow the protagonist of your own underdog story or whatever the ****, but if all you're going to do if just publicly announce that you have information that you refuse to share then is there a point in declaring such? :nifty:

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/483029548/#483029548

Rumor dovahkiin is FP5

And geno is the first post pass character
>4chan textleaks

1576179590505.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For the sake of entertain Fatman's ramblings: maaaaybe it has to do with the datamined Splatoon items that were found months ago in Fortnite.
Maybe he heard something like "Nintendo is going to do a collaboration of some kind with Fortnite" and since it wasn't specified he assumed that he could meant Jonesy in Smash (hence why the "if he's revealed tonight it's Smash related"?
Then again, he did say that he would upset a "particular fanbase" so idk.
Yeah Fortnite and Nintendo being buddy buddy would certainly upset the "old game good new game bad" part of the Nintendo fanbase

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It's cool that you're somehow the protagonist of your own underdog story or whatever the ****,
damn i decided to check the post and what in ****'s name am i reading
With this whole Sabi business the past week, a lot of insiders have been messaging me, not only sharing stories of their own on how Sabi wronged them in the past but thanking me too for my posts

D

Deleted member

in a group chat with obama he gave me his email password

i ain't telling tho

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I swear, people handpick the most random and discreet 4chan archived textleak off the street and say that people have been spreading it around as a rumor. Sounds more like your friend Tyler is trying to see if his textpost is convicing enough to get passed around. It isn't.

damn i decided to check the post and what in ****'s name am i reading
ego masturbation

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
bro you wont believe it, all of sabi's sources thanked me for my hard work and said she's evil!

oh cool do you have the evidence to back that u-

and i got all the information for the next month and what's in store!

ok but the evide-

but i gotta keep a low profile on them and be vague, you gotta understand!

Oh my god who cares about this ****.
that's all we gotta say

D

Deleted member

So guys, this KOSMOS fanart's pretty lit

tumblr_p6uq5kaWOP1tuy4w7o1_540.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The real good thing about fighter 5 being reveal is that we can finally move on from this leaker crap.

Just freakin' say who it is if you know it, don't act like a bad show or anime with thousand of fillers between episodes.

And if you really can't say it, then don't say anything. Silence is sometime better.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I find it funny how Burb accused Fatman of lying about stuff yet the stuff he mentioned ended up being things Fatman always clarified as speculation based off the things in their discord and nothing more. There was the thing where Fatman thought Sabi made the Jonesy post, but he could've just had the wrong idea about that.

Then people bring up "he was wrong about the Grinch leak and Erdrick and stuff" when all that was before he had connections with Sabi. Not to mention Burb never said the things Fatman said the character names and such he heard from the discord was all lies.

But nah, let's ignore all this, and pretend y'all are somehow better for constantly crapping on him when he's brought up and acting high and mighty. No one gives a crap about Sabi blackmailing people and whatever the frick else. If y'all are mad because "Geno cult," blame the people who took what he said as 100% fact. Admittedly I'm guilty of taking some of what he said very seriously too, though it was only the thing where he saw most insiders giving Geno at least a 50% chance.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The real good thing about fighter 5 being reveal is that we can finally move on from this leaker crap.

Just freakin' say who it is if you know it, don't act like a bad show or anime with thousand of fillers between episodes.

And if you really can't say it, then don't say anything. Silence is sometime better.
Then the bull**** continues on into post-pass!

Yippee...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know right but reminder these are not always wrong
the ones that aren't wrong are either super-specific or have photographic evidence (i.e. Piranha Plant, ESRB leak, Ken leak)

this is just a near bare minimum of how to construct a text leak

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i actually went around sakurai's house and played smash against him

our matches were about 50/50

or i may have been winning

anyway buy my game, deltarune episode 2

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Any "leak" that claims to know of a Direct in Jan as well as who Fighters 5 and 6 are is a load of barnacles

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the calm is over and we're now in the first part of the storm where the wind picks up.

I'mma hunker down before the football sized hailstones rain down.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Then the bull**** continues on into post-pass!

Yippee...
ngl, this was the one thing I wasn't looking forward when more DLC were approved.

Still hope the next saga of leak will be less "drama" and more to the point, if you get what I'm sayin'.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
It's nice that fighter pack 5 still hasn't actually leaked and the only reason a lot of people suspect KOS-MOS is cause of that text leak predicting certain things I'm pretty sure most people knew anyways
It's gonna be someone no one expects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom