• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
What's the chance that this character is announced to be the final third party addition to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I, for one, would be extremely disappointed if this were the case.

SKX31

Smash Master
People gotta have their wifi on the game else they wouldn't be able to play online, or they would be forced to buy a lan adapter.

(sorry)
I bet those using wifi are pretty damn jealous at the Chinese Switch right around now.

One of the things Chinese commenters have commended the Chinese Switch on is its internet and download speed (probably due to the Tencent servers being everywhere there, but still). It's to the point where Chinese people using standard Switches reported a noticeable increase in internet quality - though that, AFAIK, remains unconfirmed.

There are also rumors of the Chinese Switch not having to deal with NSO or the smartphone app and thus can get by with free online play, though those remain unconfirmed too. Thing is though, Nintendo did advertise "Great Online Play" at the launch presentation there...

watching the lovely members of the smashboards community duke it out over fighter 5
And I've got popcorn! As well as plans in case things go real crazy in here:

tumblr_p3y1mhDggN1w49lylo1_500.jpg

:4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's the chance that this character is announced to be the final third party addition to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?
0%. Sakurai loves this third party ****, and it sells bank like you wouldn't believe.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

i personally doubt that Nintendo will reveal ANYTHING Smash related tn other than who FP5 is. I think finer details on future DLC will be discussed in a Direct.

Idk **** tho

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

Extremely low chance that this will be the last third party, but I would also feel disappointed. I feel that there are a lot of third parties that should really have been in by now like Hayabusa, so ending with a character like KOS-MOS who is really only kept alive by Namco shoving her into everything and not by the quality or legacy of the games she’s in wouldn’t feel too great.

Last edited:

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
Honestly, now that I think about it, I don't think there are many more "WTF HOW???" characters.

Sonic wasn't expected, and basically no one was expecting or even speculating about Cloud for the most part. Even now the closest thing we have is Master Chief, but even then he has a bit of a following unlike Sonic and Cloud so he doesn't even have the "out of nowhere" factor. Sure, Master Chief might be like that for more casual fans, but I don't think there are any other characters that could shake even the invested Smash community to its core.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I would be disappointed by that, but at the same time I would also be disappointed if Piranha Plant ended up being the final first party addition to Smash Ultimate.

I would really just want a mix.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Theres rumors of Nintendo taking down KOS-MOS vids on YouTube

thats all
You're kind of spreading misinformation there, man. They're not taking down KOS-MOS videos; they took down a video of a modded nintendo game that had KOS-MOS in it. Not the same thing.

D

Deleted member

Annnnnnnd seven sirens is delayed

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Annnnnnnd seven sirens is delayed
Wow, I sure didn't see this coming. -_-

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
You're kind of spreading misinformation there, man. They're not taking down KOS-MOS videos; they took down a video of a modded nintendo game that had KOS-MOS in it. Not the same thing.
I guess you forgot to put on your glasses and didnt notice the bolded and underlined "rumor" in my post.

Here check this out theres some good holiday deals:
https://www.lenscrafters.com/lc-us

D

Deleted member

I did notice, however your wording implied it was:
A) Multiple Videos
B) Specifically KOS-MOS videos

Both of which were wrong. Thereby spreading misinformation. The rumor would be "Nintendo took down a video of a modded game that had KOS-MOS in it"

Last edited by a moderator:

SkullKidWept

Smash Rookie
Honestly, now that I think about it, I don't think there are many more "WTF HOW???" characters.

Sonic wasn't expected, and basically no one was expecting or even speculating about Cloud for the most part. Even now the closest thing we have is Master Chief, but even then he has a bit of a following unlike Sonic and Cloud so he doesn't even have the "out of nowhere" factor. Sure, Master Chief might be like that for more casual fans, but I don't think there are any other characters that could shake even the invested Smash community to its core.
I don't at all agree. Sora, Minecraft Steve, Master Chief, Kratos, (and eventually) Goku would all "break the internet ".

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Trolling/flaming/baiting
Both of which were wrong. Thereby spreading misinformation. The rumor would be "Nintendo took down a video of a modded game that had KOS-MOS in it"
any comments on the new rumor about the giant stick stuck inside your ***?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The guy actually provided receipts to everything he was accused and off and proved it all to be lies and misinformation. He did a whole video about it.
'All' lies? There's no context that can save him from his own words but ok

Anyway I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Smash doesn't show up so y'all have to respect Terry

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
I don't at all agree. Sora, Minecraft Steve, Master Chief, Kratos, (and eventually) Goku would all "break the internet ".
Imo only Goku would do that. Sora, Steve, and Master Chief would definitely garner strong positive reactions, but all of those characters have followings, none are really out of left field. Kratos, however...

KatKit

Smash Lord

I don't see that being the case at all, so 1% chance at best. But I'll amuse the hypothetical.

My outlook: the glass is half full. More characters are coming and there are still a lot of really fantastic 1st party characters and series not present in the playable roster. Sooner or later, the focus is going to shift back to 1st party eventually.

I wouldn't consider KOS-MOS a low note though (and she's a character who probably isn't even in my top 75 lol). As far as what she's capable of, she can do pretty much anything with weapons. They can get hella crazy with her moveset because her source material was bonkers. She's also the inspiration for some of my favorite Xenoblade characters. She'd also add a new character archetype to the playable roster: gynoid. She's one of the prime examples of it in gaming. 2B (Nier Automata), Aigis (Persona), and The Guardian Legend are three 3rd party characters I'd love to have, and KOS-MOS would fill the void. If I include other characters that wield her weapons, she'd fill in quite a few more gaps as well. Smash also lacks her series' scifi aesthetic. It's possible that she'd also come with a T-elos Echo, so if KOS-MOS' personality isn't your thing, chances are, her polar opposite might be. T-elos also brings a different character archetype: cyborg. The music isn't too shabby and her games were very good. More exposure doesn't hurt. Everyone in this roster wasn't from world changing, groundbreaking games. Smash put quite a few series on the map.

With that being said, there'd still be a lot of great 3rd party additions that didn't make the cut. That always sucks. It would be a missed opportunity. But I'm grateful. This roster is ridiculous. I wouldn't take it out on KOS-MOS. She'd contribute her own thing to an already fantastic game.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'All' lies? There's no context that can save him from his own words but ok

Anyway I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Smash doesn't show up so y'all have to respect Terry
Not going too deep into this, since it's not the time or place to do that, but the one who posted this tweet said it was more a joke than anything, to quote him "hey, that would be funny".

Soooooo.....I got no clue what to make of Jared tbh, I'm not defending him, he did some stupid stuff for sure, and those should be point out, but I say just it's weird to use a joke tweet to prove a point.

In all cases, let's stay cool on this, and I'm totally not saying that because it's the season for ice joke.

Untouch

Smash Master
Real conspiracy theory hours rn
Yeah the SG discord was talking about this too, TSB isn't the only game though, NecroDancer was never nominated as well. (Cadence of Hyrule was though so that could be related.)

I'm guessing we're getting a NMH1+2 pack tonight though.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I have never played a Xeno Saga game and have been watching vids on it all day. KOS MOS looks like shed have an absolutely killer moveset.

also this slaps

This Banjo-head is keeping his fingers crossed for you guys
Yo no joke, this made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks for the support, legit. It makes me happy when people educate themselves on possible characters and come around to 'em.

you should know, being the main suspect
Wh-who, me? Haha...Impossible, I was at lunch the whole time!

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
oh my god what if we really do get that no more heroes 3 trailer and then at the end he slashes his katana in a cross and the smash cut out happens and his trailer begins oh my god oh my god

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom