• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Joker showed up at the tale end because Smash was broadcasted throughout like, "3 hours before Ultimate releases," "2 hours until Ultimate releases." Bring popcorn and something to distract yourself with.
I don’t have much time to watch the whole thing but I’ll try to catch the tail end part if I can. It’ll be around 11:30-12:30 pm/am my time I am thinking. It starts at 10:30 I think.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It is an okay game.
Gameplay is somewhat repetitive, but has plenty of fanservice for Capcom, Namco, and Sega.
2nd game has three guest Nintendo characters too: Chrom, Lucina, and Mecha-Fiora.

no shulk, surprisingly. Bayonetta ALMOST made it but Kamiya made the mistake of saying no

Kokiden

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS starts out as a simple robotic weapon but through her relationship with Shion and the events of the story learns to love and grows a heart and she's very sweet and caring, playing off of Shion's more energetic yet hotheaded personality and it's all quite good. Also she does the dishes in Xenosaga I once and it's very funny. There she is, a chill robot just scrubbing away.

View attachment 251676
I have zero idea who KOS-MOS is, nor have I played any of the Xenosaga games even though I've heard of them.

She sounds like a charming character from what you're saying. I still want 2B but if another robot girl gets in, then I'll be fine with that too.

I looked her up on Google and her design looks quite nice.

D

Deleted member

I don’t have much time to watch the whole thing but I’ll try to catch the tail end part if I can. It’ll be around 11:30-12:30 pm/am my time I am thinking. It starts at 10:30 I think.
Your best bet is to watch it at the tale end. Even if you don't catch it live, the fighter reveal would be reuploaded to other outlets to where you'll know if its there.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Lol. Didn't know that. Pretty cool.
Is Project X Zone good? I guess yes, but I never knew much about these games.
It's a tactics game with some spice thrown in for the combat since you have to do more than just choose "attack" and watch enemy health go down. But yeah the real draw is the crossover aspect and fanservice. In PXZ1 you got Frank West teaming up with Hsien-Ko, Ulala thrown in there, Megaman X talking with Kite. Chris and Jill, Chun-Li, yadda yadda.

D

Deleted member

I looked her up on Google and her design looks quite nice
Matter of fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't KOS-MOS the basis for Pyra/Mythra/MechaFiora's design? I mean, I might be wrong.

D

Deleted member

It's a tactics game with some spice thrown in for the combat since you have to do more than just choose "attack" and watch enemy health go down. But yeah the real draw is the crossover aspect and fanservice. In PXZ1 you got Frank West teaming up with Hsien-Ko, Ulala thrown in there, Megaman X talking with Kite. Chris and Jill, Chun-Li, yadda yadda.
I remember Alex Kidd being some sort of summonable partner too.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Ok so I was gonna make a big case and have a debate and she Ace attorney sprites and talk like I’m an attorney and it would’ve been great.
But then the laziness came in, and I don’t feel like having a debate so maybe some other time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random question: aside from the three Nintendo guests from 2 returning, and the obvious Shulk, which other Nintendo characters would you like to see in a hypothetical Project X Zone 3?

D

Deleted member

Random question: aside from the three Nintendo guests from 2 returning, and the obvious Shulk, which other Nintendo characters would you like to see in a hypothetical Project X Zone 3?
  • Rex/Pyra/Mythra
  • Any of the Three House leaders
  • Link
  • Samus
  • Corrin

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I'm a Star Fox sucker so any Star Fox (Literally any character) appearances in a hypothetical X Zone 3 would be pretty cool in my book.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If so, she kinda would have alts for all three of them.
Ehh I'd prefer not. Even though KOS-MOS appears in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 her main game series is still Xenosaga. Plus those alts would spell the death of seeing Rex & Pyra/Mythra as playable DLC and I don't want that lol

D

Deleted member

Ehh I'd prefer not. Even though KOS-MOS appears in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 her main game series is still Xenosaga. Plus those alts would spell the death of seeing Rex & Pyra/Mythra as playable DLC and I don't want that lol
Oh yeah...you're kinda right.

Then again Terry appears in KoF yet Fatal Fury is still the main represented franchise in Smash. Just that it's basically treated like it's an entire SNK pack.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm a Star Fox sucker so any Star Fox (Literally any character) appearances in a hypothetical X Zone 3 would be pretty cool in my book.
I doubt we’d see any excessively cartoony/anthropomorphic characters like Sonic, Inkling, Octoling, PAC MAN etc. just humanoids with realistic (or at least anime) proportions

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I doubt we’d see any excessively cartoony/anthropomorphic characters like Sonic, Inkling, Octoling, PAC MAN etc. just humanoids with realistic (or at least anime) proportions
Oh, I thought Alex Kidd and Opa Opa were summons on that game or something.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Then again Terry appears in KoF yet Fatal Fury is still the main represented franchise in Smash. Just that it's basically treated like it's an entire SNK pack.
Yeah, but all of SNK was new to Smash. It takes away from the overall appeal of adding new universes and series to Smash when you're just adding for Xenoblade content (and like, there was actually a really sizable amount added in base game compared to most other franchises already).

This is why KOS-MOS always made more sense to me post pass. She just doesn't fit the motif of this pass particularly well and could get away with less content than these characters (And I like KOS-MOS herself quite a bit, but the rest of the red carpet treatment like the rest of DLC for Xenosaga is.... ehhhhhhhhhhh).

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Since the aesthetic thing is... a thing.
  • Kevin Keene × Princess Lana
  • Alexandra Roivas | Pious Augustus
  • John Raimi
  • Ashley Mizuki Robbins × Ayumi Tachibana
  • Samus Aran | Ridley
  • Link | Ganondorf

Last edited:

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice

y'all out here making me lament PXZ3 isn't a thing yet smh

I digress. If you're after some pretty funny fanservice-y interactions in a serviceable SRPG, get them.

Different situation I feel. Every single Xeno- title is wildly different from each other with the only thing to bind them being thematics and such. I mean, they're not even under the same IP holder (Square for Xenogears, Namco for Xenosaga and Nintendo for Xenoblade). It'd be weird to label KOS-MOS as the rep for all of them when she first and foremost reps Xenosaga above all else.

Also, Shulk is literally standing right over there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think that was the prequel, Namco X Capcom. Klonoa was in that one too
Oh, ok then.

I digress. If you're after some pretty funny fanservice-y interactions in a serviceable SRPG, get them.

Different situation I feel. Every single Xeno- title is wildly different from each other with the only thing to bind them being thematics and such. I mean, they're not even under the same IP holder (Square for Xenogears, Namco for Xenosaga and Nintendo for Xenoblade). It'd be weird to label KOS-MOS as the rep for all of them when she first and foremost reps Xenosaga above all else.
I surely have wanted to play the Project X Zone duology for quite a while.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but all of SNK was new to Smash. It takes away from the overall appeal of adding new universes and series to Smash when you're just adding for Xenoblade content (and like, there was actually a really sizable amount added in base game compared to most other franchises already).

This is why KOS-MOS always made more sense to me post pass. She just doesn't fit the motif of this pass particularly well and could get away with less content than these characters (And I like KOS-MOS herself quite a bit, but the rest of the red carpet treatment like the rest of DLC for Xenosaga is.... ehhhhhhhhhhh).

Also, Shulk is literally standing right over there.
It all boils down to presentation though. Should elements of her design be from her traditional Xenosaga design AND be considered as a Xenosaga rep, they I honestly don't see the issue here. I mean, Xeno series as a whole has different storylines, etc. Kinda like how every Final Fantasy and most of the Fire Emblem games are their own standalone.

She still fits with the new worlds stuff.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
I do wanna say though that for anyone who wants to play a Project X Zone game, play the second. It basically corrects some of the issues peeps had with the first game, like a better player/enemy turn flow, faster gameplay, more well-known roster picks, cleaner presentation, etc. Funny enough, the first game isn't even a recommended playing experience to understand the second, since PXZ2 is - funny enough - a sequel plot-wise to Namco X Capcom.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It all boils down to presentation though. Should elements of her design be from her traditional Xenosaga design AND be considered as a Xenosaga rep, they I honestly don't see the issue here. I mean, Xeno series as a whole has different storylines, etc. Kinda like how every Final Fantasy and most of the Fire Emblem games are their own standalone.

She still fits with the new worlds stuff.
Oh yeah, Xenosaga fits, but not if you start throwing in extra Xenoblade stuff on top of her. It kind of messes with the presentation.

I just honestly care very little about the idea of a Xenosaga stage or additional elements beyond a couple of music tracks, so my personal preference is that she be a post pass character that isn't so focused on the red carpet treatment. Same with my love of Geno. It's the character I really want to see, but the rest is less exciting when a lot of the same stuff would sort of be represented by their appearance.

D

Deleted member

I do wanna say though that for anyone who wants to play a Project X Zone game, play the second. It basically corrects some of the issues peeps had with the first game, like a better player/enemy turn flow, faster gameplay, more well-known roster picks, cleaner presentation, etc. Funny enough, the first game isn't even a recommended playing experience to understand the second, since PXZ2 is - funny enough - a sequel plot-wise to Namco X Capcom.
I will try to start with the second game when I get the chance then.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Link
Star Fox
Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
Samus
Corrin

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, Xenosaga fits, but not if you start throwing in extra Xenoblade stuff on
Going by that, she should have her design and Smash content completely void of any correlation with the Xenoblade series. In other words, stay 100% loyal to Xenosaga content.

Think of like, Terry's content, but only have cameos for Fatal Fury characters. No Ryo, Athena, Ikari Warriors, etc.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I feel like Geoff's comment definitely dealt a bit of a blow towards KOS-MOS' chances, assuming that he's not just bull****ting to save face, that is.

Really not sure how to take this right now.
Again I have nothing against KOS-MOS, but I don't think she would gel well with the VGA's audience.
2nd game has three guest Nintendo characters too: Chrom, Lucina, and Mecha-Fiora.

no shulk, surprisingly. Bayonetta ALMOST made it but Kamiya made the mistake of saying no
I will never understand the rationale for excluding Shulk from PXZ2.
I remember Alex Kidd being some sort of summonable partner too.
Can't say anything regarding PXZ2, but Alex Kidd was most certainly NOT in PXZ1.
Samus Aran
Captain Falcon
Pit & Pittoo (Dark Pit)
Wit Fit Trainer (we have to add in the oddball character.)
Those are my Nintendo characters of choice if we got PXZ3.

D

Deleted member

If I remember correctly, Ulala was a summon and would then summon a bunch of Sega characters, and Opa Opa and Alex Kidd were among them
Again I have nothing against KOS-MOS, but I don't think she would gel well with the VGA's audience.

I will never understand the rationale for excluding Shulk from PXZ2.

Can't say anything regarding PXZ2, but Alex Kidd was most certainly NOT in PXZ1.

Samus Aran
Captain Falcon
Pit & Pittoo (Dark Pit)
Wit Fit Trainer (we have to add in the oddball character.)
Those are my Nintendo characters of choice if we got PXZ3.
Oh, ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom