• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Rush

Smash Rookie
I don't ever post on here but I just wanted to point out what Geoff Keighley said. When he's asked "Will Waluigi be there?" it's in response to Geoff talking about all the other guests like Reggie or Phil Spencer, not as a character reveal. Skip to around 6:15 to hear him talk about guests. He mentions Waluigi at 6:40. https://www.pscp.tv/w/1gqGvgVwdOeJB?q=Geoff+Keighley

Later on he also mentions how leakers on 4chan "have no basis or truth to any of this stuff." And he mentions seeing a fake "Banjo-Redooie" leak as well.

Not that I think Waluigi is fighter 5, just something to keep in mind.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I think that was the prequel, Namco X Capcom. Klonoa was in that one too
I hate how Klonoa and Guntz were cut from the sequels, I love those guys.

I do wanna say though that for anyone who wants to play a Project X Zone game, play the second. It basically corrects some of the issues peeps had with the first game, like a better player/enemy turn flow, faster gameplay, more well-known roster picks, cleaner presentation, etc. Funny enough, the first game isn't even a recommended playing experience to understand the second, since PXZ2 is - funny enough - a sequel plot-wise to Namco X Capcom.
Project X Zone 2 is honestly one if my favorite games of the decade, it was great. Some of my favorite quotes come from characters interacting in this game. Like like when Chrom and Lucina meet the party and Lucina looks at Morrigan and goes "people in other worlds have amazing garbs!" And Chrom goes "...I hope this adventure doesn't end up being a bad influence on her..."

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
any notable KOS-MOS and Fiora interactions with the others? I haven't touched the game in a while so I forgot

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I don't ever post on here but I just wanted to point out what Geoff Keighley said. When he's asked "Will Waluigi be there?" it's in response to Geoff talking about all the other guests like Reggie or Phil Spencer, not as a character reveal. Skip to around 6:15 to hear him talk about guests. He mentions Waluigi at 6:40. https://www.pscp.tv/w/1gqGvgVwdOeJB?q=Geoff+Keighley

Later on he also mentions how leakers on 4chan "have no basis or truth to any of this stuff." And he mentions seeing a fake "Banjo-Redooie" leak as well.

Not that I think Waluigi is fighter 5, just something to keep in mind.
Shame, Banjo Redooie would have been a top-quality pun.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
No matter who Fighter 5 is, it seems we're in for a surprise.
Sabi or Vergeben's source better start talking. It's too far in to be getting vague hints.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
any notable KOS-MOS and Fiora interactions with the others? I haven't touched the game in a while so I forgot
I remember Phoenix responding to Fiora like: "A blade that can see into the future? My life would be easier if I had that..." or something along those lines

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Sabi or Vergeben's source better start talking. It's too far in to be getting vague hints.
Maybe those 2 genuinely don't know who it is this time around, and are having too much fun circle jerking the internet to get their rocks off, for them to stop this charade.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If you ask me I prefer going blind to the Game Awards, assuming FP5 will be there. I mean, we're so close that I don't see the point in leaking the character a few hours before. I'd rather have the surprise, no matter who is FP5.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If you ask me I prefer going blind to the Game Awards, assuming FP5 will be there. I mean, we're so close that I don't see the point in leaking the character a few hours before. I'd rather have the surprise, no matter who is FP5.
This. I was blown away with Joker and I'd love to be blown away again.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Right now Verge and Sabi are trying too hard that they are now embarrassing themselves.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we'll have the State of Play and Nindies to occupy us tomorrow.
Wonder what insanity will descend tonight.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I predict both Verge and Sabi will go all in on a single character.

Or NOE accidentally leaks the character's copyright again.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Well I am going to bed now. Hope nothing big happens without me...
Oh who am I kidding. It might.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'll be paying attention to the forums for another hour. Tomorrow to Friday are sure to be interesting for me. State of Play, Nindies, favorite food spot reopening, the election of "my" country and a few things in that category. Most importantly TGAs!

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben’s going to announce that in order to find out who character 5 is, he’ll personally fist-fight Sakurai in a 5-round boxing match.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Just 3 days until we either find out who the FP5 will be or I get a treat in watching the Smash World will burn if there is no announcement. As Taryon darrington famously said....

D

Deleted member

Ah man, ****'s going to get real crazy if the next Smash trailer has Shulk in some capacity.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure this place will explode regardless if we get a reveal or not 3 days from now.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm pretty sure this place will explode regardless if we get a reveal or not 3 days from now.
Expect for the Nintendo Direct treatment with a Game Awards thread to be opened and certain threads to be closed during the event.

EDIT, I should say potentially as it's not been confirmed we're getting Smash info.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about going into the show blind on Thursday. So I'll be taking a break from here until after the Game Awards, in case the next character gets 100% leaked before the show.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Expect for the Nintendo Direct treatment with a Game Awards thread to be opened and certain threads to be closed during the event.
Out of curiosity, which threads would be affected? I'm guessing here and the Social Thread, maybe the Rate The Chances thread (although they got sniped by Joker).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Samus and Ridley.
I forgot baddies are a thing in PXZ too, 2 had Metal Face.

My choices for Nintendo villains in a hypothetical PXZ3 are:
  • Hades
  • Black Shadow
  • Ridley
  • Luxaar
  • Edelgard as the Flame Emperor

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom