• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
The Game Awards is gonna be E3 2015 2 confirmed:

Prepare for Muppet Geoff Kighley.
Finally a reason to tune in on TGA that isn't video game announcements.

Reminds me of when TI6 had a great skit involving puppets (and a sockpuppet).

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
So you think that a character who bring a gun, a knife and can even transform into another character doesn't bring something more unique than another mech to the game?
lol you're literally describing KOS-MOS

Anyway, Geoff's comment is interesting. Obviously he could be saving face, but it makes me wonder at what point is he saying it's dumb. Is it KOS-MOS, is it listening to the leakers in general, is it a previous character that was being speculated since we've been bouncing from character to character so quickly?

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot

>Mfw Geoff Keighley is bringing more life into the Muppets then Disney

Damn, but I honestly have no complaint, I love the Muppets so much, while the thing with Pepe and Ninja was kinda stupid last year, his puns did get me a smile on my face

I hope they get someone that actually can actually bounce back with people with Beaker and Bunsen

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Geoff comment's doesn't look good for that TGA leak from 4chan, I think. Not saying the leak is 100% debunked, but I found that post very fake since I saw "Horizon ZD is getting a PC port".
Of course, Geoff could be lying, maybe he saw that leak and he was "****, someone leaked half of my event" and of course he wouldn't admit that before TGA.

But I usually don't rely in that type of leaks. I talk about the ones with a lot of games or reveals, like:
- new Halo developed by my father
- Mother 3: Electric Boogaloo
- Knack 3 exclusive for Stadia, features Mario
- Street Fighter 6, now a puzzle game rather than a fighting game
- Donkey Kong Country: Cranky's Betrayal, where Cranky betrays the DK crew and kills K. Rool

These leaks usually have too much details to be believable. Also, the supposed hint from Twitter about SMT V isn't a ****ing hint, if you understand these words from the PR manager as a hint I don't know what to think.

BZocky

Smash Ace

“That KOS-MOS seems like she’ll be facing some fierce competition in Smash!”
“Who? Cosmos? That reveal was so boring I Spaced out before it even started!”
“Dohohohoho!”

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
If KOS-MOS is in then I expect Samus in her trailer because they both shoot aliens. Maybe it will be like banjo trailer where it parallels K rool and KOS-MOS saves the day so maybe parallel the ridley trailer.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If KOS-MOS is in then I expect Samus in her trailer because they both shoot aliens. Maybe it will be like banjo trailer where it parallels K rool and KOS-MOS saves the day so maybe parallel the ridley trailer.
Maybe Megaman could be in there as well.

D

Deleted member

Is this guy where the Zekenator drew inspiration from for his alternate color palette in the Land of Challenge?
Yeah. That's a dude in Xenogears, the first Xeno game. The joke is that he wears an eyepatch but probably isn't actually wounded. In fact, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 takes a lot from Xenogears surprisingly. On characters alone, we have

Elly - Mysterious love interest who plays a central role in the game's overall narrative. Pyra and Mythra borrow her role.

Bart - You already know. Zeke borrows the goofy dude-bro archetype from Bart. He's also a prince.

Maria - The genius child engineer who's dad is missing. Torra borrows this role.

Chu Chu - the cute animal mascot that Torra also borrows from. Technically, Xenoblade Chronicles 1 made the Nipon first, but Torra has about as much use as Chu Chu anyways.

Emerelda - The child scientific experiment who has an arc where she grows up. This is where Poppi originates from.

Citan - The guy who kind of knows everything but doesn't actually tell you until later in the story. This is pretty much Gramps, only Citan actually does fight and is a playable character.

Ricardo - Half-human who lived a peaceful life before having a fallout with the established organized law. His backstory is similar to Nia's, but he has less plot importance. Now that I think about it, you could probably write out Nia, couldn't you? Uh... ignore that.

And if you want to go into plot and how there are parallels

• There is a large tower in the middle of the Earth that has mysterious origins ever since Genesis
  • The organized religion is evil and wants to purge **** to establish dominance
  • Evil zombies exist, but they were originally humans that were corrupted by some inhumane way
  • Surprise surprise, Elly and Pyra are actually powerful weapons of destruction
  • Fei Fong Wong (the protag of Xenogears) and Rex both start out not knowing their parents.
Probably more.

Part of the fun of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was seeing how much it took from this game in particular since I read an LP about it. It was eye-opening how Monolith Soft could pay respects to its origins decades later.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Yeah they have been together in the opening for Project X Zone and Sakurai likely played that.

I can imagine megaman likening kosmos but from what I played of PXZ she doesn't seem to have a personality can someone better describe what she's actually like

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I can imagine megaman likening kosmos but from what I played of PXZ she doesn't seem to have a personality can someone better describe what she's actually like
-she's #teamdog and not a fan of cats
-she doesnt LOVE smoking but does it casually
-really in to hikes
-her favorite band is Tame Impala
-wants someone to surprise her with little romantic gestures
-IS NOT in to hookups, so dont DM her unless youre serious about maybe forming a relationship

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
If Reimu has her own trailer then what characters would you like Reiki interacting with?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet

IF THIS IS TRUE.... my bet is KOS-MOS
I'd throw Verge and Sabi into the trash tbh
Their words are meaningless at this point and hard to follow. The only insider I'm listening to now is Doritos Pope :4pacman:
I would BOTH celebrating and laughing my a** of if ir really ends up being one of the so-called, "deconfirmed" characters. Since, we're so close, I think both Sabi and Verge are just anything to save face.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah they have been together in the opening for Project X Zone and Sakurai likely played that.

I wish so many more people played that and PXZ2. One of the best and underplayed games on the system. As long as I have those games and Kid Icarus Uprising, I'm never getting rid of my 3DS. Real shame about the unlikelihood of a PXZ3.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Lol. Didn't know that. Pretty cool.
Is Project X Zone good? I guess yes, but I never knew much about these games.

-she's #teamdog and not a fan of cats
-she doesnt LOVE smoking but does it casually
-really in to hikes
-her favorite band is Tame Impala
-wants someone to surprise her with little romantic gestures
-IS NOT in to hookups, so dont DM her unless youre serious about maybe forming a relationship
If she likes Tame Impala then that's a good sign for me.

D

Deleted member

> Your Muppets posts got the most likes out of every post at page 1556

ACCBE11D-24AC-48E5-941B-F479F694D3B0.jpeg

Flyboy

Smash Hero
KOS-MOS starts out as a simple robotic weapon but through her relationship with Shion and the events of the story learns to love and grows a heart and she's very sweet and caring, playing off of Shion's more energetic yet hotheaded personality and it's all quite good. Also she does the dishes in Xenosaga I once and it's very funny. There she is, a chill robot just scrubbing away.

emoji.png

Ovaltine

Smash Master
We're getting Muppets AND Reggie at TGA?

Okay, Smash reveal or not, this one sounds so much more entertaining than last year's already. I'm game.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Lol. Didn't know that. Pretty cool.
Is Project X Zone good? I guess yes, but I never knew much about these games.
It is an okay game.
Gameplay is somewhat repetitive, but has plenty of fanservice for Capcom, Namco, and Sega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom