• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Maybe because Sakurai would see more moveset potential with her rather than Terry since she has that Eagle of hers.
It wouldn't be Sakurai's call, though.

It would be whoever Nintendo suggested for Sakurai to pick from.
Why would Nintendo specifically suggest Nakoruru?

D

Deleted member

Samurai Shodown 2019.
Yeah, and...?
King of Fighters XV is going to exist too.

Not only that, but we have no reason to assume Nintendo's suggesting DLC 3rd Parties solely based on promotion.

I mean, Velvet herself would go completely against that (why her instead of Yuri because of the recent port of Vesperia instead of some hypothetical port of Berseria?), yet she's who's been brought up by a number of people there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I wasn't sure where to post this but apparently a new leak popped up again on 5chan and people there are jumping on it. Nothing to take it as serious but people are dying for information so that's all the reason it's just got big.
The leaker made several posts which I'm too lazy to translate all so I just summerize the DLC part.

Dragon Quest hero is definitely happening but the leaker thinks he's not part of the season pass.
He heard Minecraft but not Steve's name.
No one knows details about the DLC. However some informations suggest certain characters.
DQ hero has concrete evidences but the others are nowhere near as him. The leaker himself said they are not believable enough so just take them as mere rumors.
8 different informations imply a Tales character. Some are straight up saying it's Velvet. Lloyd and Yuri are probably Mii costumes.
4 different sources are saying Nakoruru from SNK and a rep from Resident Evil.

The leak is from here.
http://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1552719097/
I decided to look for posts about this with the same ID (ID: MSBlsq9u0 ). They all look terrible because of they were translated through G!Translate, but I imagine they may have some use:
>> 270
>> 273
It is easy to answer if there is a concrete topic. Write down something that you do
not know and that it is still vague.

First of all, the details of the entire DLC are unknown and there
is almost no concrete information. So,
I can say that all the character names in the current stage are fakes, but I can say certainly from the peripheral information that Nintendo is trying to establish a brand as a crossover of
Sumabra DLC I don't know if it is another competitor, but at least with season pass, it
's about rumors after not coming from the titles already in the race, and
if there is no proof for sure but it's still ok, support without any
someone from Tales, maybe velvet, I've heard Lloyd and Yuri, might Mii cost because it was feeling followed
after, nakoruru from SNK Bio at Capcom, here is but credibility lower than Tales, but Well, Dokkoidokkoi Kana
because the popular vote is looking for at the time of the memo, they wait a minute
Oh, and I also had a story about Minecraft from the front, but I do not know whether Steve or not
Nintendo and Microsoft feel good that I already know that this story has been known for some time in the industry
Maybe I'm thinking of passing information without a hitch on purpose, including the meaning of check
Popular vote

first, this information, but it has been around for a while since the poll started, so it is not the final result, but
I think that some people have noticed that this is almost like the first move and the big move, but this The popularity vote is for the first and the next work, and the DLC for fork is not related at all
Sumabra switch has only talked from quite early stage, it is about just before the end of for DLC for which the plan started in earnest

In total, squid, snake, and aikura 3 strength and
other restructuring forces are continuing, and it is Sora, Kureu, Naruhodo-kun, Bomberman, Chrome, Bayonetta, Ridley and later
, Pokemon, FF, Dorakue that has bite there and strong, and summing the associated character,'m like stood out in about among the top team in the margin

was decided almost rankings in the initial Gras To have the leaders is fixed, and the rest have only vote is loose, like was the extent to which popular character is remarkable in that the net
that are in Atomemo, FE (combined), Tales ( Banwad, Monhan, Pepamari, How Forest, Demon Castle (summary), Dixie, Rockman (summary?), Mahoror, Leighton, Sonic (summary?), Tonante (summary?), Master Chief, Partena (summary) ), Ashley,
Clash Bandicoot, Fate Chara, Wariegi, SF (Summed?), Minecraft, Fiorne, Shovel Knight, Hone Kuppa, Yo-Kai Watch (Summed), Ryu Hayabusa, Rhythm Heaven, Banjo, Okami, Crystal, Impa, Bio (total), Reyman, Robin,
Chibi Robo, Daisy, Kitten, Mother series (summation), Puyo Puyo, Midona, Oliver, Gino, Shiranui dance, Takamaru, Sakuraba Teikoku, Wandered, Staffey, Metroid (summed), Bospakun, Tekken, Sthalkid, Custom Robo, Spiro, I

'm tired of Culdcept ...
I don't have notes, but
after hearing that the sum of Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Pokemon is great, and anime characters and American comic heroes are in large numbers , Darth Vader and Harry Potter are pretty good
Seems to have been total? It is as it is, that it is not attached as it is, but the order is still in the memo, but I do not know whether it is just the copy from the top and it is the order

but I saw it again, but the series After all works that have a lot of
By the way,
I do not know how much change there was from here where this began to go out before summer, but when you look at Simon's participation in battle, it
is divided by the number of characters even though Devil Castle may have gone up. And actually I do not know what kind of thing, among those listed on the unique name, I think that it was quite popular after all
Oh, it
is between Fiorun and Excavator Knight who was out of the Mega-Ten,
probably I think that Persona also entered here
After that, Shanti's gone
. It's between Sakuraba Onomato and Wandered.

>> 281 When
I first saw this, I remember immediately that it would be impossible to be only the top few bodies, but
Sora is having difficulty. I thought so, but it seems that as if you were surprised
Bomberman, it would have been nice to put in assists as well, though it wasn't the shadow or shape of Naruhodo-kun.
It's not
myself I do not know, but if it is
said, it seems that Chun-Li is more appropriate than Ken.
>> 289
I have never heard of it, there
is really no decent information in DLC, but
Velvet, Nakorul, and Bio are also only a bit more reliable than others, in
such a situation, only the brave The situation where it can be said that it will surely come because a part of the material has already passed to the outside.
However, this is also the previous story, so I think that it will be almost as soon as it is added

>> 290
, the game itself
If you're in the industry, if you're in the industry, if it's a level you don't normally know
, I 'd expect someone to tell you someday, but it's spread throughout the industry It's flowing, there's a timing I'm
not listening to anything about direct
>>
Information leaked in 292 Gehha is neither classified nor anything
A story that appears as a leak of such a character can not be passed through in the
true sense of anything that is only information that has passed the season, and is originally interested in leaks There are only a few hundreds of thousands of stories known to be of no problem.
Companies are not so stupid, and they do not keep in mind as long as the material has leaked from the development site.
>> 294
is only just because there is that from there to obtain the correct information for Smash Bros.
But, Nde always does not mean take the specific information to there, the importance is low
nakoruru and bio is there and the other three The information that hints at Tales is not so much
as eight other things,
but none is worthy of credit.
With regard to the contents of DLC of Sumabra, there is really only that level.
>> 297
spirit related is the main
character is pokemon, dash in chrome, just being
honest, it is the level which can be said even if it is dumb
>> 299 I
decided, or simply Velvet's name comes out first
, but after Tales, but it is not a sword character but also
After all, I think that only the hero is certain that I use
velvet as a sword , and it is not information from Tales to female characters.
>> The
story of Dorakue brave in the Koschen style like 303 alf
I think that there are costumes of the hero of the lot of Lotto
>> 305
>> 308
there until you do not know is
it certain information are several suggest XI hero
but, in the Smash Bros. basis I think III brave Deformation, there is also, of the remake of the Lotto series information of Tteyuu
after The slime is probably Mii Kos
As on my honest thoughts about it. I'm not in the mood to call things real or fake due to just how painfully boring it is to just wait for another Direct that will most likely only include Joker's real trailer, so not going to say anything about that.
As for the characters, I feel like some people here are sleeping on Nakoruru, like yes, we're not going to put her on the same level as guys like Snake, Ryu or even Bayo; but since we're talking about SamSho, she makes sense to the point of being the mascot and one of SNK's most beloved characters. And Nintendo sure as hell cares about the third-party support, and I'm sure they'd not sleep on situations that could benefit their relationships with other companies, so yes, I can see why'd they give Sakurai a list with Nakoruru.
With Velvet, well, I said this before, but I'm willing to take a censored version of her before another f*****g FE character. Boob window, bare belly, shorts and even the freaking edgy style can all be taken away so long as it means I don't have to see another one of those f******s in this pass.
As for a Resident Evil character. Fits. Not more to say on that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, we have no reason to believe the Fighter's Pass is going to be promotional picks. At best they're just interested characters that Nintendo suggested, or even Nintendo and Sakurai worked together to think of.

Plus, even if we do get some promotional picks, there's a crapload of options to go with. We barely have 2 out of over 80 characters that exist for that after all.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I don’t see any reason to believe this leak. I can’t imagine getting both a Tales Rep AND a SNK Rep.

I have to imagine one of the major factors Nintendo considered with the DLC, was how well a character would sell. I don’t see a Tales or SNK character selling as well as Joker or Smash 4’s Third party DLCs. These seem like characters that would be on the base roster.

As for the 15 character slots, I doubt they’ll all be used but if I was in control:

Joker
Erdrick
Banjo
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot

Rex
Ribbon Girl
Gen 8 Pokemon
Edelgard
Impa (Based on Hyrule Warriors)

Master Chief
Sora
Heihachi
Sans
2B

I could see two Fighter Passes & an Echo Pass however. Not sure what Echoes there’s be besides an Octoling though; maybe Tails as a pseudo Echo?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I have to imagine one of the major factors Nintendo considered with the DLC, was how well a character would sell. I don’t see a Tales or SNK character selling as well as Joker or Smash 4’s Third party DLCs. These seem like characters that would be on the base roster.
Namco would be able to know whether or not an SNK character can sell
This trailer has 2 million views. While Noctis and Negan's trailers have more and they come from much more popular franchises, the gap is less than a million.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I could see two Fighter Passes & an Echo Pass however. Not sure what Echoes there’s be besides an Octoling though; maybe Tails as a pseudo Echo?
Pseudo-Echoes don't exists. You're either an echo, a clone, a semi-clone, or more unique/fully unique. Tails can't work as an echo unless he has zero tail moves. It's about bodyshape and being able to move generally the same(they can still have somewhat different animations, but there has to be something else to work with. Like Chrom shared a similar enough body structure to Ike to basically use the a variant of the Up B. Tails is way too different to someone like Donkey Kong for that to work. They don't share a remote bodyshape as is). Shadow and Metal Sonic are the only two characters(well, other than Modern Sonic, as Classic Sonic is the one in Smash) that could echo Sonic right now. Tails has a very different body structure(kind of like Isabelle). Basically, he could be a clone or semi-clone easily instead. He can do some moves, but not all. His A attacks don't work well unless you replace all the kicks with tail strikes. He can't effectively do the aerials very well, especially the down air. He's super different, but definitely could use Sonic as a base to be rebuilt. A Wolf-style semi-clone, basically.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not all clones are echoes but all echoes are clones.

I got that in a fortune cookie once.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's interesting to me how often Velvet seems to come up in Japanese rumors and leaks between the Corrin image and now this. She's my favorite potential Tales rep, so I'd be down, though Lloyd would definitely be my second choice.

I have said it before and will say it again, an SNK Rep is a major dark horse pick. Nakoruru isn't someone I'd expect at all, though, but Terry or Marco/Fio would be fantastic. And a Resident Evil rep is also not impossible considering the size and relevance of the series as well as how important it has been to Nintendo in the past.

Joker, Erdrick, Velvet, SNK Rep, Steve, Leon Kennedy

Not a bad lineup.

Namco would be able to know whether or not an SNK character can sell
This trailer has 2 million views. While Noctis and Negan's trailers have more and they come from much more popular franchises, the gap is less than a million.
God, this announcement was one of the most hype things I've ever seen. It was such a big deal to get Geese vs. Heihachi. I still love this.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Maybe because Sakurai would see more moveset potential with her rather than Terry since she has that Eagle of hers.
In addition, her series Samurai Shodown is also coming to the Nintendo Switch which would give SNK the opportunity to promote her even though I would've preferred Terry, Kyo or Athena (although I have nothing against Nakoruru's inclusion.)

Anyways, SNK is gaining more and more recognition with Geese guest starring in Tekken 7 and Terry Bogard guest starring in Fighting Layer EX.

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
It's interesting to me how often Velvet seems to come up in Japanese rumors and leaks between the Corrin image and now this. She's my favorite potential Tales rep, so I'd be down, though Lloyd would definitely be my second choice.
Maybe this happens because differences in perception due to the localization? Symphonia also came to the PS2 in Japan, so perhaps it doesn't get perceived as being as related to Nintendo as it is in the west.

andree123

Smash Ace
Screw this, that 5ch Velvet/Nakoruru/RE rep leak is fake, there is no Sylux, who is missing a non-fighter spirit, and along with Lloyd and Banjo because of the :ultswordfighter: and :ultduckhunt: Century Smash save corruption glitch.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Screw this, that 5ch Velvet/Nakoruru/RE rep leak is fake, there is no Sylux, who is missing a non-fighter spirit, and along with Lloyd and Banjo because of the :ultswordfighter: and :ultduckhunt: Century Smash save corruption glitch.
This doesn't mean anything, really, although, I think that Lloyd Irving and Terry Bogard are the most likely Tales and SNK reps respectively.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The glitch has nothing to do with DLC characters lmao. Also Sylux, who would presumably be a promo pick for Prime 4, ain't happening for a few years if at all

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The glitch has nothing to do with DLC characters lmao. Also Sylux, who would presumably be a promo pick for Prime 4, ain't happening for a few years if at all
If Sylux was getting in, they wouldn't scrap him due to a game delay, but they would remove all Prime 4 content from his moveset to avoid spoilers.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If Sylux was getting in, they wouldn't scrap him due to a game delay, but they would remove all Prime 4 content from his moveset to avoid spoilers.
What if his stage is only relevant to the scrapped MP4?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Why would they pick ****ing Sylux, who wouldn't even be a promo pick at this point, over characters with relevant cultural impact AND new games in their series (SNK Rep/SamSho, Tales, and Resident Evil)?

Like I don't think it's real either but like, Spirits are not proven to confirm or deconfirm anything at this point and the save corruption theory was just that, a theory. And the Smash fandom sucks at guessing. None of that had to do with DLC.

Also for God's sake Duck Hunt makes no sense as Banjo anyway. Banjo is bipedal and the whole zapper "third" fighter doesn't work in any part of a BK moveset. C'mon son.

andree123

Smash Ace
Also for God's sake Duck Hunt makes no sense as Banjo anyway. Banjo is bipedal and the whole zapper "third" fighter doesn't work in any part of a BK moveset. C'mon son.
Dude, remember that in the files of version 1.0.6-1.1.3 in ssb4, Bayonetta is added but she has Zero Suit Samus's params before version 1.1.4 comes out for ssb4.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Dude, remember that in the files of version 1.0.6-1.1.3 in ssb4, Bayonetta is added but she has Zero Suit Samus's params before version 1.1.4 comes out for ssb4.
Dude, remember that that isn't relevant to this game.

Don't automatically assume something is true. It's a decent theory, but it's just that. There's no hard evidence to prove or disprove it. It's not fact. Therefore, that theory holds just as much water as the idea we are getting an SNK or Tales rep.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Still makes no sense.

Also Joker and Brave don't use anyone else's parameters

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
One thing to keep in mind was during Smash 4's DLC period, there was a glitch in the 3DS version where sometimes the game would load Battlefield as a failsafe whenever you where up against a Kirby character. This was because the game was trying to load Dreamland 64 which wasn't out yet at the time but was in development at that point.

Now wether the whole Mii Swordfighter/Duck Hunt save corruption glitch is a similar case, that remains to be seen for now. At least until we see the next fighter.

Just my two cent's on that.

D

Deleted member

(well, other than Modern Sonic, as Classic Sonic is the one in Smash)
....not even close.
Sonic's moveset may have been inspired mainly by the Classic era, but that isn't Classic Sonic by any means. The design is CLEARLY the Modern Sonic from post-Sonic Adventure.
This CANNOT be argued whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I highly doubt that Velvet and Nakoruru are getting in over Lloyd/Yuri and Terry Bogard respectively. I think that this is fake.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
1. Erdrick and/or the Builder
2. Captain America
3. Tien Shan from DBZ
4. Sushi Striker
5. Rocko’s Modern Life (the whole show as a character, like how Duck Hunt works)
6. The Prince of Persia
7. Boxboy/girl
8. Dudley Do-Right
9. Joker
10. Piranha Plant
11. Severus Snape
12. Devil May Cry (I guess just Dante would do)
13. Tetris
14. Spaghetti Fettuccine
15. Undertale (the kid, but they’ll just call him undertale)
16. Jetpack (the main character from the Rare Jetpack game)

This is not necessarily what I want, but this is probably what it ultimately will be.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I think this leak is fake as well since if there is a SNK rep it is most likely going to be Terry. If the Mii Swordfighter/Duck Hunt save corruption glitch was similar to the Dreamland stage regarding to DLC. It doesn't necessarily mean Banjo-Kazooie and Lloyd will be in as DLC.

andree123

Smash Ace
Cuphead is announced for the Switch, I think this was the game from that guy (I don't remember his name, sorry) who said Super Mario Maker 2 would be coming to the Switch.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Cuphead is announced for the Switch, I think this was the game from that guy (I don't remember his name, sorry) who said Super Mario Maker 2 would be coming to the Switch.
It's not. KingZell was referring to Master Chief Collection

zferolie

Smash Hero

Crypt of the necrodancer is getting a Legend of Zelda Crossover game... now that is surprising. Nintendo is letting an Indie company work with Zelda... Not since the CD-I has something like this happened.

I think this shows Nintendo really, REALLY, respects indies, and I can assume we will see more indie stuff with nintendo. This opens a door for an indie in smash big time

EDIT: Wanted to put in the offical nintendo trailer and not the gameexplain one

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Crypt of the necrodancer is getting a Legend of Zelda Crossover game... now that is surprising. Nintendo is letting an Indie company work with Zelda... Not since the CD-I has something like this happened.

I think this shows Nintendo really, REALLY, respects indies, and I can assume we will see more indie stuff with nintendo. This opens a door for an indie in smash big time
This is real cool! I'm in for more of these sort of cross overs! Zelda being playable for the first actual time since Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros. is also a huge thing!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR!

zferolie

Smash Hero
This is real cool! I'm in for more of these sort of cross overs! Zelda being playable for the first actual time since Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros. is also a huge thing!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR!
Zelda should be playable more.

So where is the Cadence for Smash thread?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
are we doin some good old fashioned wishlist? whats this? 2018? XD

i guess i will keep it a wishlist... but i guess i will put some dragon quest content, since its practically in, IMO.
Still, i won't go fully on my wishs (since every character i really relly relly want is already in)

so i will keep the list in 3 fighter pass, but i will do some themes on them.

the first pack: iconic third party series not currently on smash.

-Joker (persona)
-Dragon quest D00d (DQ)
-Steve (Minecraft)
-Doom Marine (Doom)
-Crash Bandicot (Crash)

second pack: fan favorites legacy nintendo characters.
-Isaac (Golden Sun)
-Rhythm Heaven char (rhythm heaven)
-DixieKong (DKC)/Bandana Dee (Kirby)
-Skull Kid (Zelda)
-Waluigi (waluigi's taco stand)

Third pack: Switch stars.
-Kass (Breath of the wild)
Why kass? well because kass rocks and would have integrated the four chamipons powers in his movest akin of how zelda uses the 3 magic spells link uses in OOT. still feel free to exchange for your favorite champion if needed.
-Min Min (ARMS)
because spring man is boriiiiiing
-8th gen pokemon
-Chosen undead (Dark Souls)
let's love the port together :v this is actually my biased pick
-future switch's third year best seller character, whichever that one is.

and since this is kinda fun, here, an extra.

fourth pack: big third party already in smash iconic characters.
-Knuckles (Sonic)
-Chun Li (Street Fighter)
-Alucard (Castlevania)
-Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
-Zero (Mega man X)

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Wanted to put in the offical nintendo trailer and not the gameexplain one
I never knew I wanted a character from Crypt of the NecroDancer in Smash until now.

I don't know the stats for Brave all that well, but imagine if Cadence happens to be the 2nd DLC fighter coming after Joker.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The theory was really just based on Duck Hunt dog's model being able to be modified to fit Banjo, with the duck being turned into Kazooie inside a backpack; the dog's default pose is a standard T-Pose so it's already nearly bipedal. Nothing regarding Duck Hunt's moveset was taken into consideration other than maybe some of the duck's peck moves. The theory was created because Piranha Plant had Bowser Jr. files.

It is, of course, just a theory, and while they could rip Duck Hunt dog's skeleton and modify it for Banjo, it would seem to make more sense to use a human character's skeleton and just rip the duck if they want to use it as a base for Kazooie. The part of the theory surrounding the corrupted saves may even be debunked since it seems the corruptions were caused by specific SD cards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom