• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On the topic of SNK, I did a really big write-up on the RTC thread not too long ago about the chances of us getting an SNK character. It took me over 2 days to write so I encourage you all to check it out.

In a nutshell, I think an SNK character in Smash is far from impossible considering:
  • The legacy of the NEO GEO.
  • SNK's main FG competition (Tekken & Mortal Kombat) seeming less likely to appear in Smash.
  • SNK being very open with their IPs (Geese in Tekken 7, Mai in DoA 5+6, and Terry in EX Fighting Layer to name a few).
  • Increasing relations with Nintendo recently (including a proposed offer to make SNK Heroines a Switch exclusive).
  • SNK being insanely popular in Latin America & China.
  • Other reasons described in the thread.
Terry is definitely the most likely SNK character but Kyo is still my most personal wanted.
Obligatory Kyo support thread post.
I'm actually quite surprised that a SNK character hasn't happened yet. I personally would like someone from Metal Slug but honestly they have such an expansive selection of characters, it's hard to go wrong with them.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I really feel like Marco from Metal Slug or Terry Bogard have been majorly slept-on choices for this fighters pass. I think Marco is my choice even though I love Terry because Metal Slug would be a very unique series to rep in Smash. The arsenal Marco or Fio could have would be insane, like Snake times a million.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
15 DLC characters all in all seems reasonable for a 3 year cycle honestly, if that 2 more Figgers Pass' rumor is true I wouldn't be surprised. The Switch has been out for only two years, and if Smash Ultimateis this consoles only Smash title, then I can see them wanting to profit off of it throughout the Switch's life cycle. By 2022 the Switch will only be 5 years old and consoles have recently been making it to the 6-8 year life cycle. Barring the Wii U, I mean.
Where is this rumor coming from??

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Where is this rumor coming from??
In a datamine 16 dummy slots were shown with Piranha Plant occupying one of them and Joker eventually going to occupy another
In the unlikely chance that Nintendo decides to put a DLC character into every single slot, then that would leave 14 future DLC characters, with 2 future fighters' passes.

Of course, it more than likely means nothing, but it's fun to speculate about.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In a datamine 16 dummy slots were shown with Piranha Plant occupying one of them and Joker eventually going to occupy another
In the unlikely chance that Nintendo decides to put a DLC character into every single slot, then that would leave 14 future DLC characters, with 2 future fighters' passes.

Of course, it more than likely means nothing, but it's fun to speculate about.
Doesn't PP take an overall of two slots? It has two types of alternate costumes. One is a potted plant, the other is a piped plant. So shouldn't that be 14 spots instead of 15? Or are there 15 dummy slots shown specifically?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Doesn't PP take an overall of two slots? It has two types of alternate costumes. One is a potted plant, the other is a piped plant. So shouldn't that be 14 spots instead of 15? Or are there 15 dummy slots shown specifically?
For World of Light, I'm lead to believe no.
There are 16 dummy slots and one is occupied by the plant.
It is a safe assumption that Joker will take another WoL slot leaving 14 slots left.
Source is here:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't think every single model-changing costume takes up 1 slot. Like I don't think :ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff: take up a grand total of 24 slots, just 3.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think every single model-changing costume takes up 1 slot. Like I don't think :ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff: take up a grand total of 24 slots, just 3.
Actually, the model changers do take up one slot if they're significant. Like Mario has 3 slots(plumber, wedding, construction). Pikachu has at least two, one for regular, the other for Pikachu Libre. Robin has two, one for male, one for female. Koopalings have 8 slots as well.

Though in this case, that's related to WoL, not regular costume slots, which is a different thing.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Harvest Moon and Inazuma Eleven have been featured each on 6 first pages of Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream. But they don't appear in Smash Bros, not even Spirit / Mii Costume. By comparison, Monster Hunter appears on 5 first pages of Nintendo Dream. So, would it be possible for there to be Harvest Moon content (37 different games with the spin-off Rune Factory) or Level 5 content in the DLC ?

ND Harvest Moon.jpg
ND Inazuma Eleven.jpg

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Harvest Moon and Inazuma Eleven have been featured each on 6 first pages of Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream. But they don't appear in Smash Bros, not even Spirit / Mii Costume. By comparison, Monster Hunter appears on 5 first pages of Nintendo Dream. So, would it be possible for there to be Harvest Moon content (37 different games with the spin-off Rune Factory) or Level 5 content in the DLC ?

Yes and yes, but thier appearance in this magazine isn't likely to have anything to do with Smash. A Harvest Moon character wouldn't surprise me (I mean it would, but it wouldn't not make sense), and a Level 5 character like Proffessor Layton or Jibanyan would also make sense.

EDIT: I was about to discredit Inazuma Eleven on account of being an anime series. Looks like my 2 seconds of research actually paid off this time. lol

Last edited:

Robdelia

Smash Apprentice
listen fellas what demonic entity do i gotta pray to to get paper mario in smash? i got the pig's blood all ready i just need to know who to worship

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
listen fellas what demonic entity do i gotta pray to to get paper mario in smash? i got the pig's blood all ready i just need to know who to worship
...No one. Cause it doesn't work that way. Best thing to do is wait for another ballot, or maybe hope a lot of people suggested Paper Mario in the ballot. It's possible he could be among the fighter's pass too. A lot of people really aren't expecting him, if it helps.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
...No one. Cause it doesn't work that way. Best thing to do is wait for another ballot, or maybe hope a lot of people suggested Paper Mario in the ballot. It's possible he could be among the fighter's pass too. A lot of people really aren't expecting him, if it helps.
IMG_20190319_023634.jpg

(Plus we all secretly suspect Sakurai takes blood sacrifices, that's what keeps him looking so young)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I'd say sure there could be a possibility that Natsume and/or Level-5 could get some content, I believe their one of the few remaining notable Japanese third party companies that don't have anything yet. There is also Koei Tecmo (Unless you count the Fatal Frame stuff) and I guess there is also the guy who does the Touhou series if you count indies. That's from the top of my head though, there is probably more I forgot.

However, I don't think a magazine scan would have much to do with it though. Putting my Layton bias aside, I do think Level-5 and Koei Tecmo in particular have a fairly good chance in getting a playable character in there since they've got some pretty popular and notable characters they could include. (if not Layton, then there is also Jibanyan from Yokai Watch for Level-5)

Playable Metabee from Natsume would be hype though, to me at least...

Last edited:

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
If the 16 dummy slots are filled, here's my wish list:-

PP & Joker,
Dixie Kong,
Rex & Pyra/Mythra,
Geno,
Porky,
Paper Mario,
Bandana Dee,
Banjo & Kazooie
Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield or Leon S. Kennedy,
Chun Li,
Ryu Hayabusa,
Scorpion
Erdrick,
Rayman,
Master Chief or DOOM Slayer

This would blow my mind.

viras

Smash Rookie
My guess for a microsoft rep would probably either be Master Chief or Banjo & Kazooie, hopefully both. I've been clammering for banjo. Especially since nintendo got 'grinched' lol but my wishlist is as follows
Banjo
Chief
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Scorpion
and Rayman especially, they keep doin em dirty.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

PP & Joker,
Dixie Kong,
Rex & Pyra/Mythra,
Geno,
Porky,
Paper Mario,
Bandana Dee,
Banjo & Kazooie
Chun Li,
Ryu Hayabusa,
Scorpion
Erdrick,
Rayman,

This would blow my mind.
My 16 slot wishlist:
Plant
Joker
Fawful
Sylux
Lora, Jin & Haze
Rokusho
Amaterasu
Grovyle
Skull Kid
Orcane
Doomslayer
Porky
Wonder Red
Hero (Drawn to Life)
2B
Rundas

CureParfait

Smash Ace
My wishlist for the 16 slots

Plant
Joker
Darkrai
Maple Story Adventurer Thief
Angelic Buster
Tanaka Gundham
Aino Heart
Kefka Palazzo
Shantotto
Weiss
Shinguuji Korekiyo
Vatista
Izanami
Ouma Kokichi
Male Slayer (Dungeon Fighter Online)
Arceus

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
16 slot wishlist? This is a thing?

Piranha Plant, Joker, Arle, Arle, Arle, Arle

Arle, Arle, Arle, Arle, Arle

Crash, Banjo, Paper Mario, Geno, Steve (all of them are also Arle in case she still hasn't made it)

Really, the second, nay, frame she sets foot on the battlefield I'm 100% satisfied. Everybody else is more or less a bonus. I'll stick around for Crash, Banjo and Paper Mario, and probably support a bunch of other characters, but seriously, as soon as Arle happens I'm speculating just to guess, not for hopes.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
could someone give me a quick rundown on who smashboards as a whole thinks will be the remaining DLC fighters are? Simply out of curiosity.

PP & Joker,
Dixie Kong,
Rex & Pyra/Mythra,
Geno,
Porky,
Paper Mario,
Bandana Dee,
Banjo & Kazooie
Chun Li,
Ryu Hayabusa,
Scorpion
Erdrick,
Rayman,

This would blow my mind.
oh man, this is going to be hard... uhhhhhhh...
>Louie (king of bugs form)
>Fawful
>Doom Slayer
>Ranger from Quake 1 (echo to doomguy)
>Deoxys
>Porky
>Skull Kid or Majora itself
>Galacta Knight (since marx is a boss)
>Zero or Zero 2 (kirby zeroes)
>Qbby
>Giygas
>Hades
>Amaterasu
>Banjo
>Funky Kong
>Andross

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
The 16 characters thing... (other that Plant and Joker of course)

> Micaiah
> Bandana Dee
> Ryu Hayabusa
> 2B
> Cranky Kong
> KOS-MOS
> Elma
> Celica
> Banjo/Kazooie
> Adeleine
> Crash
> Kyo Kusanagi
> Cranky Kong
> Saber

It's was hard to pick after the first two xD.

Ornl

Smash Ace
could someone give me a quick rundown on who smashboards as a whole thinks will be the remaining DLC fighters are? Simply out of curiosity.
Last average of the third-party characters predictions on the RTC thread
(decimals are rounded to 0.5) :

- Steve ≈ 57% - Banjo & Kazooie ≈ 21%
- Lloyd Irving ≈ 48% - Heihachi Mishima ≈ 11%
- Pr. Layton ≈ 35% - Jibanyan ≈ 13%
- Phoenix Wright ≈ 33% - Monster Hunter ≈ 30,5% - Leon S. Kennedy ≈ 29% - Amaterasu ≈ 9%
- Erdrick ≈ 29% - Geno ≈ 22,5% - 2B ≈ 21% - Sora ≈ 13% - Sephiroth ≈ 13% - Lara Croft ≈ 12%
- Crash ≈ 28% - Spyro ≈ 15% - Tracer is getting a relatively high average.
- SNK rep. ≈ 25%
- Rayman ≈ 24% - Ezio ≈ 23%
- Reimu Hakurei ≈ 16%
- Dovahkiin ≈ 14,5% - Doomguy ≈ 12%
- Ryu Hayabusa ≈ 10%
- Arle Nadja ≈ 10%

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I wasn't sure where to post this but apparently a new leak popped up again on 5chan and people there are jumping on it. Nothing to take it as serious but people are dying for information so that's all the reason it's just got big.
The leaker made several posts which I'm too lazy to translate all so I just summerize the DLC part.

Dragon Quest hero is definitely happening but the leaker thinks he's not part of the season pass.
He heard Minecraft but not Steve's name.
No one knows details about the DLC. However some informations suggest certain characters.
DQ hero has concrete evidences but the others are nowhere near as him. The leaker himself said they are not believable enough so just take them as mere rumors.
8 different informations imply a Tales character. Some are straight up saying it's Velvet. Lloyd and Yuri are probably Mii costumes.
4 different sources are saying Nakoruru from SNK and a rep from Resident Evil.

The leak is from here.
http://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1552719097/

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I wasn't sure where to post this but apparently a new leak popped up again on 5chan and people there are jumping on it. Nothing to take it as serious but people are dying for information so that's all the reason it's just got big.
The leaker made several posts which I'm too lazy to translate all so I just summarize the DLC part.

Dragon Quest hero is definitely happening but the leaker thinks he's not part of the season pass.
No one knows details about the DLC. However some informations suggest certain characters.
DQ hero has concrete evidences but the others are nowhere near as him. The leaker himself said they are not believable enough so just take them as mere rumors.
8 different informations imply a Tales character. Some are straight up saying it's Velvet. Lloyd and Yuri are probably Mii costumes.

The leak is from here.
Can you at least summarize the different points that the leaker makes? It could be important to add or take away credibility later.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The leaker made several posts which I'm too lazy to translate all so I just summerize the DLC part.

The leak is from here.
I don't think that Velvet would get in over Lloyd Irving.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

The leak is from here.
You mind translating what they said about Persona 5R?

D

Deleted member

So the only reason people are taking stock into this is because of several "sources" saying certain characters?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So the only reason people are taking stock into this is because of several "sources" saying certain characters?
I don't even know who has said these characters other than Vergeben with Steve and Erdrick so I'm sorta confused as well.

There was PolarPanda and Fatmanonice saying something about Tales Of but it was from some random guy and I think that even ended up being false (apologies if I'm wrong about anything).

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I don't even know who has said these characters other than Vergeben with Steve and Erdrick so I'm sorta confused as well.

There was PolarPanda and Fatmanonice saying something about Tales Of but it was from some random guy and I think that even ended up being false (apologies if I'm wrong about anything).
There was several insiders that heard Lloyd and Yuri's name.

That said though.

Joker
Erdrick
Velvet(or Lloyd/Yuri)
Nakoruru
Leon Kennedy(Or Chris/Jill)

I'd be fine with that. Although I vastly prefer the hunky Tam-Tam instead of Nakoruru though.

I just want Tales represented in Smash so Velvet, Lloyd, or Yuri is fine too. If Velvet gets in, I hope to see Velvet/Zelda art since the two are polar opposites of each other.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>SNK character

>Not Terry Bogard

That's a big "yikes" on credibility IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There was several insiders that heard Lloyd and Yuri's name.
From what I can find, it was just Hitagi and a group of people who aren't publicly known.

I know Polar said something about it on this site before but I'm just confused tbh, I don't know if it's still a thing or if it's outdated, old news...especially since I remember the info being said to be iffy or something like that.

Lloyd or Yuri could be cool, though, but this leak seems outlandish (claiming all 5 characters) and I'm even more confused as one post on there was translated with Steve or Minecraft thrown in alongside Sora and a few others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom