• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also I don't know why everyone is so intent on making rules that the next reveal HAS to shatter the earth and has to deliver on literally everyone's expectations, they don't, in fact we've seen several times that it's happened to both extremes.

Point is literally ANYONE is fair game for TGA

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Before Simon was revealed, Castlevania was regulated to pachinko machines. Metal Gear has fallen off a cliff after Kojima left and ended with Metal Gear Survive, and was also regulated to pachinko machines.

Smash is known to revive series, after all (see: Mega Man 11 and Kid Icarus: Uprising)
heck, even Fire Emblem Awakening and Pikmin 3.

meanwhile, in F-Zero... tumbleweeds roll

P.Kat

Smash Champion
In light of recent news, I just want to say that Phoenix Wright and Morrigan may be two of my most wanted Capcom characters, and just most wanted characters in general for Smash...

... but if they don't get in, I would also accept Nemesis.
If Nemesis gets in, he'll be a character that I'm happy other people got, but someone who I mostly likely wouldn't touch, because he looks like the type of character that plays like a heavyweight which clashes with my game style (fast speedy characters).
We never really reached a census on anything, the character could literally be from anyone.

But yeah I think some people here really underestimate the impact Sakura Wars made, especially considering it inspired games like Persona and Mass Effect and is a huge phenomenon in Japan, getting things like a cafe and most importantly the long-running stage show that kept the series alive during it's hiatus.

People REALLY need to start thinking outside of the box here, it's getting so annoying how hive-minded the thread can be.
Her game's release is on the same day as the awards. She's is a character one shouldn't sleep on as well Elma, and Ammy
I can't promise not to sob like a nostalgic little b**** if Simple and Clean got into Super Smash.
My crying will intensifiy if I also hear Simple and Clean Orchestral version. Sanctuary will add to the waterworks.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Also I don't know why everyone is so intent on making rules that the next reveal HAS to shatter the earth and has to deliver on literally everyone's expectations, they don't, in fact we've seen several times that it's happened to both extremes.

If I remember correctly, Cranky Kong was announced at the VGX Awards (the precursor to the Game Awards). An example of something that isn't earth-shattering.

But yeah, I agree, not everything has to be a huge reveal. We could have Frogger revealed at the Game Awards and there would still be hype.

D

Deleted member

If I remember correctly, Cranky Kong was announced at the VGX Awards (the precursor to the Game Awards). An example of something that isn't earth-shattering.

But yeah, I agree, not everything has to be a huge reveal. We could have Frogger revealed at the Game Awards and there would still be hype.
Actualy I think he was revealed in the 10.1.13 direct
EDIT: NVM YOUR RIGHT I CHECKED HE WAS REVEALED AT THE VGX

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

It's an unfortunate tradition: Any time Smash ends something (in this case, the Fighters Pass), some people think that it's gonna be a life changing event.

"Because :ultolimar: Smash always ends :ultshulk: on a high note. :ultken::ultincineroar:"

...Seriously though, over a decade since Brawl and people are still doing this. Honestly amazes me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still calling Waluigi. I don't really expect it but in the worst case scenario I don't get a character I had no hope for anyway
Best case scenario you will witness an Avengers level pop-off
It's an unfortunate tradition: Any time Smash ends something (in this case, the Fighters Pass), some people think that it's gonna be a life changing event.

Because :ultolimar: Smash always ends :ultshulk: on a high note. :ultken::ultincineroar:

...Seriously though, over a decade since Brawl and people are still doing this. Honestly amazes me.
>Olimar
>Not a high note
you-better-watch.jpg

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

"Because :ultolimar: Smash always ends :ultshulk: on a high note. :ultken::ultincineroar:"

Tbf Shulk was a high note for JRPG fans.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Oh I agree completely Olimar is dope, but unfortunately not many others see it that way. Especially if you look at how competitive people view the guy. :(
Smash fans treat Olimar like ****, and as a huge Pikmin fan this upsets me >~<

D

Deleted member

Maybe if he knew what his ship parts actually did he'd earn some respect. Just because the salesman said it was important doesn't mean it actually is important
Hey look. He's an underpaid worker who's constantly running errands to make ends meet. He doesn't have time to be a good engineer.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anyways in conclusion I think Sakurai's words "I think it matters if a character is more fun to play rather than how recognizable they are" holds true to this day, it doesn't matter if things end out on a "Bang" as much as it matters that there's an audience that loves and enjoys these characters and would love to get to know them otherwise.

It takes effort on your part, if you're upset over a character because you "Don't know them" google search bar is right there.

D

Deleted member

For his side special, he runs forward and if he grabs you during this, he smothers you with a pillow
His down taunt is him looking at a knife. Be careful though. If he looks at it more than 10 times, he will automatically die and lose a stock.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
His down taunt is him looking at a knife. Be careful though. If he looks at it more than 10 times, he will automatically die and lose a stock.
...i don't get the reference?

also no reference to when he stuck his hand in a toilet?? smh

D

Deleted member

...i don't get the reference?

also no reference to when he stuck his hand in a toilet?? smh
You get a knife in Silent Hill 2. You can't actually use it as a weapon, but you can examine it. If you continuously examine the knife enough times, you can actually get the suicide ending.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Bruh, look at this dood

Hohoho wait till you see the-

oh nononono

Yeah we are the hive-mind, not the group of people with anime avatars who are trying to push the narrative that Banjo-Kazooie is basically just as niche as a series whose most sold title over barely scratches 500k copies on the sega saturn.
Consider yourself part of my ignore list now!

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
You know, granted that if Capcom is still alive, I couldn’t be more happy with the possible options right now. I never really played Ace Attorney nor have I played Okami, but I’ve always loved the designs from those franchises. Heck, if Phoenix really is going to be playable I gooootta actually get up off my butt and play an AA game for once.

Really, I love Capcom’s library of characters in general, but I mostly prefer the cartoonier franchises like AA, Megaman, Viewtiful Joe, etc.

D

Deleted member

This may sound rude but do you think I can tell you why I doubt reimu as dlc?

blackghost

Smash Champion
.I see people saying that Nintendo wont end on a bang or at least a big character and i dont think they are paying attention to Nintendo these days. I dont know who they hired or what has changed at Nintendo but marketing has VASTLY improved. think about splatoon 2 marketing, fire emblem 3houses, smash ultimate, breathe of the wild, the switch itself, ARMs, and astral chain. Nintendo isnt tripping over itself anymore. People also vastly underestimate these companies, we already know that hero and banjo video demonstrations were recorded either the same day or back to back days so the characters were at similar stages. Honestly, i think they have already recorded the video demonstrating the newest character. also the trailers take a while to make.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey look. He's an underpaid worker who's constantly running errands to make ends meet. He doesn't have time to be a good engineer.
Wonder if Alpha filled him in any of it on the return trip at the end of Pikmin 3

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Correct me if I'm wrong BTW but I read or at least heard it was announced nothing Smash related would be revealed at the VGA? Is that true?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Correct me if I'm wrong BTW but I read or at least heard it was announced nothing Smash related would be revealed at the VGA? Is that true?
I haven't heard anything to that extent, so I dunno where you got that from.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We better get something next week. I don't want to sit down and until until January...
Even if we don't get something at the Game Awards, that doesn't suddenly mean the entire month of December is just tossed out the window. We could get something after the event.

D

Deleted member

While any character could be revealed at the VGAs, I feel that a character with presence on it is the most likely.

Its Cranky Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom