• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Would support if she had more than one move where her sword extends.
Her main gimmick is her whip sword, but her can reflect projectiles, throw fire birds or enhance her atacks with chi energy

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know if Sakura Shinguji ends up being FP5 then I could see her coming with an Alph/Koopalings style alt of Sakura Amamiya from Shin Sakura Wars.

Would help familiarize her with new players as well as promote the new game.
I'd like to hope that that becomes a reality. One thing though... who should be the default...

I mean, Sakura SHINGUJI is practically THE face of the series, and yet... Sakura AMAMIYA could just as easily pull a 'Luminary' on us, as SEGA would probably think that her game would most likely need all the available promotion it can scrounge up.

blackghost

Smash Champion
i'd like some sources from the people saying edelgard is controversial or even more controversial than Dimitri and his messed up self.

i look at 3 houses as being edelgard's game even if Claude is by far my favorite lord. She's the cause of basically everything. And I like controversial characters they make you think during and after the game. Also i thank Nintendo for giving me what game of thrones failed to do.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
@mods can you just yeet all these people spoiling Three Houses? It's clear to me we've got a lot of assholes here with no regard for others, and it's off-topic anyway.

Ngl that would be right up my alley.
If that sounds fun to you I highly recommend KH. Even the lesser praised titles are still solid, fun games, and KH2FM is considered one of the best ARPGs to exist.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I think most Level-5 fans would rather have Professor Layton and most outsiders see Jibanyan as a Pikachu rip-off so discussion of him got rather stifled.
Makes sense. I never played Yokai Watch or most Level-5 games myself, but I saw some of the Yokai Watch anime and enjoyed it. I thought it was cool how the series takes Japanese folklore and makes it fun and cartoony, as well as having some Pokemon-like elements.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
you do realize they supply the edelgaurd merch at a higher rate?
Since when did that happen?
Ooooon second thought, don’t cuz I don’t wanna turn this into some big 3H discussion oops.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Phoenix got deconfirmed, you say?
He's not actually deconfirmed yet.

though i still live in fear that his time is coming

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just harken back to the Erdrick times and remember your gambling spirit.
I haven't watched Kakegurui in months. I dunno if I have the gambling spirit anymore.

BlueKirbySquad

Smash Cadet
The top 12 most wanted newcomers:

Bandana Dee
Geno
Waluigi
Marx from Kirby
Decidueye
Isaac
Sora
Shadow the Hedgehog
Shantae
Mimikyu
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong.

Well Waluigi, Marx, Isaac and Shadow aren't coming because they're assist trophies or, in Marx's case, a boss. Sora's already been done with other characters and many people don't want another sword user. Shantae and Bandana Dee are spirits. Paper Mario's just a clone.

So I'mma say Decidueye, Dixie Kong or Geno, but preferably Decidueye.

Characters I personally want:

Bandana Dee
Marx
Magolor
Waluigi
Geno
Mimikyu
Chandelure
Decidueye
Dixie Kong
Octoling as Inkling's echo

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Makes sense. I never played Yokai Watch or most Level-5 games myself, but I saw some of the Yokai Watch anime and enjoyed it. I thought it was cool how the series takes Japanese folklore and makes it fun and cartoony, as well as having some Pokemon-like elements.
I think part of the issue with Jibanyan is that there isn't much to pull from in terms of moveset.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Phoenix may be deconfirmed, but there's another Ace Attorney character you're forgetting...

It's funny since if she gets into Smash in any role, she'd be the 2nd DLC character after Joker to have already lent her voice to Smash in a major way. (Her AA6 voice actress sang the English version of LifeLight).

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Never like Morrigan, would rather see Demetri, who is the actual main character AND needs zero censorship (as fr as I know).

Not that I think we'll get anything Darkstalkers anyway save for MAYBE event spirits.
Well, Demitri isn't the main character anymore. He began as the main character, but Morrigan's popularity eclipsed him so much that she more-or-less officially took that position, they even made a joke about it in Cross Edge.
Demitri's problem is that having him without Midnight Bliss would seem wrong and I'm uncertain if all of the companies included in Smash would allow their characters to be gender swapped or made cuter/sexier..along with other possible issues with that.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well, Demitri isn't the main character anymore. He began as the main character, but Morrigan's popularity eclipsed him so much that she more-or-less officially took that position, they even made a joke about it in Cross Edge.
Demitri's problem is that having him without Midnight Bliss would seem wrong and I'm uncertain if all of the companies included in Smash would allow their characters to be gender swapped or made cuter/sexier..along with other possible issues with that.
Can you imagine a midnight bliss Pikachu?

DUoubi1X0AEy3f0.jpg

The horror.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
And developing that move would be a pain in the a** on a level even more excruciating than Kirby's copy abilities. Which is the reason why he literally never appears in crossovers in the first place and why Morrigan is the poster girl now (which is fine, it makes Darkstalkers pretty much the only Capcom franchise to be definitively represented by a female character in most crossovers, similar to how Samus is the only 1st Party female non avatar character to be the head representative of her series in Smash Bros. I'd still like to see Chun-Li as well if Morrigan gets in though.)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
And developing that move would be a pain in the a** on a level even more excruciating than Kirby's copy abilities. Which is the reason why he literally never appears in crossovers in the first place and why Morrigan is the poster girl now.
Cross Edge, Namco X Capcom, both Project X Zones. Those are literally crossovers where he's playable, does not have his genderswapping Midnight Bliss as an attack and he even keeps his more vampiric form. So he has been in a crossover without genderswapping shenanigans, meaning that he doesn't need the genderswaps to be playable in a crossover.

This is why we need a new Darkstalkers game. If not one where Demitri doesn't need to have his genderswapping shenanigans. And yet somehow that's the real reason why we don't have a new Darkstalkers.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So, with all this Ace Attorney discussion that's been happening lately, I've been thinking, should I give the series a go? I know next to nothing about it beyond Objection! memes.

Does anyone mind giving me a rundown on the series and what it has to offer?

Edit: When I say "what it has to offer" I don't mean that in the context of smash but as its own series.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm sure hypothetically, most of the companies involved would approve of that as a joke attack if it were possible.

Ryu, Ken and Terry have fallen under the attack before and characters like Luigi, Cloud, Joker and Link have crossdressed before so it wouldn't be that different lol

But yeah realistically it would be too much work for a small few seconds of screentime.

So, with all this Ace Attorney discussion that's been happening lately, I've been thinking, should I give the series a go? I know next to nothing about it beyond Objection! memes.

It's a visual novel series so the story is the most important part, that said the original trilogy is one of my favorite stories in all of gaming.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

It's a crime drama at its core, with the main draw being investigating murders, and then going to court and using what you gathered from that investigation to prove your client's innocence.

It also has spirit channeling, your dead mentor helping you on more than one occasion via said channeling, a magic artifact that lets Phoenix see when people are lying via magic red locks appearing on their person, coffee-obsessed prosecutors, evil spirits testifying, and lots and lots of whipping.

D

Deleted member

Ace Attorney is a charming visual novel. You star as Phoenix Wright, a defense lawyer, and your goal is to defend your clients in court. To do this, you must cross-examine witness testimonies and make some intuitive guesses. A huge part of the gameplay is being able to spot contradictions and it's surprisingly satisfying.

That's all I can say without spoiling anything. Go play the first game and have fun.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Anyone ever get bored enough to just go browse old 4chan threads in regards to leak speculation to find guesses for FP5 that are not the characters that have been deconfirmed by leakers or are just the same names that have been repeated here?

D

Deleted member

This feels like the calm before the storm, unless there is another spirit event I feel we either will get a hard confirmation on who is fighter 5 or we'll go blind into the VGA.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Ace Attorney is a charming visual novel. You star as Phoenix Wright, a defense lawyer, and your goal is to defend your clients in court. To do this, you must cross-examine witness testimonies and make some intuitive guesses. A huge part of the gameplay is being able to spot contradictions and it's surprisingly satisfying.

That's all I can say without spoiling anything. Go play the first game and have fun.
I typically play more gameplay focused games than story ones, but what you said has intrigued me. Sounds like the kind of game that would leave me chuckling quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom