• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
>Apollo over Edgeworth

Still I'd love if Fighter #5 came with an echo no matter who it is, the more the merrier.
I'd love Edgeworth as an Echo, and I'm sure Sakurai could make it work... but after seeing some videos on how Phoenix Wright's Smash moveset could work, I think Apollo would generally work better.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The lack of info from leakers makes me think that fighter #5 might be from Square Enix. Those guys are good at keeping secrets - specially when firing employers who talk too much is a thing.
Not exactly sure how they are good at keeping secrets when FFXV and the entirety of Shadowbringers leaked.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Every time that I remember Microsoft owns B-K, it reminds me of how they just continue to hold onto the series, doing absolutely nothing with it. Like why did they even buy Rare anyway? It just feels like they did so they could say "look, we own these iconic characters!" and not much else.
Not sure if this is correct, but I seem to remember hearing that Microsoft thought they had acquired the rights to Donkey Kong Country, but didn't. It could be that they were going after that franchise and hadn't prepared for anything else.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
The lack of info from leakers makes me think that fighter #5 might be from Square Enix. Those guys are good at keeping secrets - specially when firing employers who talk too much is a thing.
Err I'm not so sure, I remember there being a whole leak thread about leaked possible Square character on Smashboards before the game even came out.

I think Nekoo Nekoo ran it. Other people would know more about it, I kind of checked out of speculation last December.

D

Deleted member

The lack of info from leakers makes me think that fighter #5 might be from Square Enix. Those guys are good at keeping secrets - especially when firing employers who talk too much is a thing.
Given Hero leaked months before DLC was announced, probably not.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm pretty sure saying no is also a violation of an NDA as well.
Funny thing. Depends from NDA to NDA but for most cases your Actually INVITED to say no,
Some allow to just keep silence
Other to say no
Other to say maybe
Sometimes the three at the same time.

As long as you don't say "yeah ofc bruh" it's fine

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Not sure if this is correct, but I seem to remember hearing that Microsoft thought they had acquired the rights to Donkey Kong Country, but didn't. It could be that they were going after that franchise and hadn't prepared for anything else.
The story behind that is still hilarious to me.

"We own Donkey Kong now!"

"...No You dont."

Not exactly sure how they are good at keeping secrets when FFXV and the entirety of Shadowbringers leaked.
Kingdom hearts 3's endgame area was leaked like 2 or 3 years before it was officially shown off too.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Y'know, perhaps the reason leakers are so hush-hush about FP5 is because they don't know who it is? And they won't ever find out either, because the real FP5 is

THE FRIENDS WE MADE ALONG THE WAY!!!

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I'd love Edgeworth as an Echo, and I'm sure Sakurai could make it work... but after seeing some videos on how Phoenix Wright's Smash moveset could work, I think Apollo would generally work better.
Yeah I suppose it might depend on how Phoenix's move set is designed. Still I think Edgeworth is definitely out ranks Apollo considering Edgeworth is in almost every game and has his own spin off series.

Plus having both a defense attorney vs a prosecutor is better thematically than two defense attorneys.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
It has been a while how are you Smashboards! What's the latest "leak" and should we believe it?

Plank08

Smash Lord
Welcome back to Rate Their Chances in the wrong thread, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

I want y'all to just humor me for a moment. Don't give me any generic "oh maybe a character from [x] company or [y] game".

Quote this post, and tell me who you, personally, believe the 5th Fighter's Pass character is gonna be.
My heart says sackboy but my brain says OBJECTION!!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Square-Enix is all or Nothing with leaks.
FFXIV is a weird cases as one leaker got straight up fired but another one showed up, but leaking expension and updates in MMO is almost a daily routine tbh.

KH3 was secret for 99% of it's Dev time and there wasn't any "big leak" of it. The only thing that Actually leaked was the Endgame area and (oh look) Hashimoto ****ing up by saying "Oh yeah frozen is in it" a year before it was announced and backpedalling hard.

FFVIIR is probably deafcon and no leaks happened/ will happen.

The Dragon Quest division also rarely to never leaks.

FFXV leaked on 4chan because one Devs couldn't take it anymore with how much of a ****show it became after Nomura left and it became the XV we all know.

As for Hero, he's a special case, where the company decided to throw names around to make sure no one guess who it is. The issue is that it didn't work (or almost worked as it was Hero Vs Sephiroth in the end as the "most heard")

Basically. If you're in the "core" Square-Enix dev teams Nothing will leaks.
But if you get **** outsourced whenever it's others western studio, translator and such, well stuff will always get out.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Even if they did snatch DKC, I can guarantee you it would be in the same place as B-K right now.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
It has been a while how are you Smashboards! What's the latest "leak" and should we believe it?
Well, we had a bunch of deconfirmations for FP #5. Not only were there characters deconfirmed, but there were even entire companies deconfirmed for the next character slot as well. Most recently, Bandai-Namco and Level-5 are out of the running.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, perhaps the reason leakers are so hush-hush about FP5 is because they don't know who it is? And they won't ever find out either, because the real FP5 is

THE FRIENDS WE MADE ALONG THE WAY!!!
10 characters

BlackInk

Smash Lord
They said that few people in the industry know the fifth character. How small can that few be?
E247670F-71A1-4CDA-A41B-8E06DE4ADE33.jpeg
It can’t be this ridiculous.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
And let's not forget that Hero got leaked on January 3rd (via datamine, if you count Milk Bosatu, then it was October 11th 2018), that was a good 5 or so months before being revealed at E3

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Well, we had a bunch of deconfirmations for FP #5. Not only were there characters deconfirmed, but there were even entire companies deconfirmed for the next character slot as well. Most recently, Bandai-Namco and Level-5 are out of the running.
One question: Is Doomguy still in the running?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Welcome back to Rate Their Chances in the wrong thread, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

I want y'all to just humor me for a moment. Don't give me any generic "oh maybe a character from [x] company or [y] game".

Quote this post, and tell me who you, personally, believe the 5th Fighter's Pass character is gonna be.
Phoenix Wright or Dovahkiin.

I should note that the last 2 times I guessed a character they got deconfirmed within minutes so sorry folks

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
not to start fire emblem disk horse in the speculation thread but it's probably due to the different ways the west and the east view the idea of conquering

i remember seeing this one tweet about why edie is so damn unpopular in korea and it mostly boils down to not liking her trying to unite fodlan by force, which, i mean. pretty obvious why they have a problem with it

ofc it's a lot more nuanced than that and not every asian country is korea but it's interesting to see how people can have such divided opinions on a fictional character simply due to where they grew up
wait

how are you here?

i thought you died.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I wish more people considered Jibanyan before Level-5 got deconfirmed. He was pretty much completely ignored, lol.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Phoenix Wright or Dovahkiin.

I should note that the last 2 times I guessed a character they got deconfirmed within minutes so sorry folks
DyG1v_VUYAAKTKZ.jpg

Don't you dare. Don't you dare put that curse on my boy.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Square-Enix is all or Nothing with leaks.
FFXIV is a weird cases as one leaker got straight up fired but another one showed up, but leaking expension and updates in MMO is almost a daily routine tbh.

KH3 was secret for 99% of it's Dev time and there wasn't any "big leak" of it. The only thing that Actually leaked was the Endgame area and (oh look) Hashimoto ****ing up by saying "Oh yeah frozen is in it" a year before it was announced and backpedalling hard.

FFVIIR is probably deafcon and no leaks happened/ will happen.

The Dragon Quest division also rarely to never leaks.

FFXV leaked on 4chan because one Devs couldn't take it anymore with how much of a ****show it became after Nomura left and it became the XV we all know.

As for Hero, he's a special case, where the company decided to throw names around to make sure no one guess who it is. The issue is that it didn't work (or almost worked as it was Hero Vs Sephiroth in the end as the "most heard")

Basically. If you're in the "core" Square-Enix dev teams Nothing will leaks.
But if you get **** outsourced whenever it's others western studio, translator and such, well stuff will always get out.
We also knew about Monsters Inc. and the Unversed well ahead of time because of some in development images found on a server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom