• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or is this thread moving at snail's pace? A bit strange considering how many users are online.
There hasn't been any updates since the Bandai-Namco massacre from Saturday. Only thing that's pretty much going on right now are more Fire Emblem arguments and discussion, but other than that there hasn't really been anything new right now, unless of course more things happen.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
There hasn't been any updates since the Bandai-Namco massacre from Saturday. Only thing that's pretty much going on right now are more Fire Emblem arguments and discussion, but other than that there hasn't really been anything new right now, unless of course more things happen.
Ah yes, the Bamco Massacre of 2019, the infamous historical event that kicked my most wanted out of the running.

Oh well, I guess this gives me more time to finish the playthrough and learn more about the character. Yes, my most wanted is from a game I haven't played/watched the entirety of. Don't question me lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is it just me, or is this thread moving at snail's pace? A bit strange considering how many users are online.
Just a matter of no disconfirmations today plus the Mario Maker 2 thing meaning that a General Direct is unlikley.

That said, it's only two hours until 9am in Japan so maybe we'll get something then.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
I'd choose Hades, Medusa, and/or... Bowsette
If SNK hadn't stopped adding new characters to SNK Heroines, I was half-convinced that game was going to make Bowsette a real thing.

They did character trades and genderswaps, so if we were getting an SNK character in Smash, it just made sense. :-(

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
The Geno thread is extremely fixated on Nightmare from Soul Calibur for some reason...even though it's a Bamco character....
Then again if Vergeben or Sabi deconfirm Capcom as a whole I'm gonna become a little bit more suspicious over this deconfirmation thingy lmao
They may be VERY WRONG after all lol and they either do or don't know it yet

EDIT : I was a huge advocate for Hades to appear in Smash Ultimate as the main antagonist....alas it didn't happen unfortunately :'(

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Alright how about some spirit board ideas? Inspired by the Resident Evil spirit board that shocked us all, I thought about making my own hypothetical 3rd party Spirit boards. I'm gonna make a few more and I Invite others to make Spirits of their favorite franchises as well, it's actually a lot of fun.

This time the series is Killer Instinct, Rareware and Nintendo's old fighting game franchise that got a very good revival a few years back on Xbox one.

Jago
Fighter: :ultryu: Blue Alt.
Spirit Battle Conditions:
1. The enemy starts the battle with a Killing Edge.
2. The enemy can heal by shielding attacks.
3. Stamina Battle
Stage: Wuhu Island (Bridge Section)
Music: Fei Long Stage Type B
Spirit Type: Attack

B. Orchid
Fighter: :ultzss:Green Alt.
1. The enemy starts the battle with a Beam Sword
2. The Enemies Kicks have Increased power
3. Stamina Battle
Stage: Fourside
Music: Super Sonic Racing
Spirit Type: Grab

Glacius
Fighter: :ultdarksamus: Grey alt.
1. The Floor is Frozen
2. The enemy starts with a Freezie
3. Stamina Battle
Stage: Frigate Orpheon (Omega Form)
Music: Brain Cleaner
Spirit Type: Support

Fulgore
Fighter: :ultrob: Gray Alt
1. Metal Enemy
2. The enemy turns invisible after a little while
3. Stamina battle
Stage: Shadow Moses Island
Music: Metal Man Stage
Spirit Type: Neutral
I'll give it a shot:

Neku_Sakuraba.png

Fighter: :ulthero:(Erdrick)
Stage: Safron City
Music: Reach out to the truth
Conditions:
Assist trophy spawn
Pokeball spawn

400969d1329dc454709c09fe24af0c97.png

Fighter::ultrosalina:
Stage: New pork city omega form
Music: ring a ding
Conditions:
Pokeball spawn (Bewear only)

Beat.png

Fighter: :ultbanjokazooie:
Stage: Onett
Music: Escape from the city
(I can't think of proper conditions for this one)

Joshua_SR.png

Fighter: :ultdarkpit:
Stage: Fourside omega form
Battle music: Mass destruction
Conditions:
Reaper scythe on
Assist trophy spawn (Rathalos)

I'm not good at this lol

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Eh. Let it be none of the usual suspects.

Go straight-up left-field and shoot for NCSoft or something on a smaller scale like Warp, Kadokawa games, or Idea Factory.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I'll give it a shot:

Conditions:
Assist trophy spawn
Pokeball spawn

Conditions:

Conditions:
Reaper scythe on

I'm not good at this lol
I'd love for some TWEWY spirits!

I do believe no DLC characters have been featured in spirit battles since some people might not have bought them. If you need help with the spirit battle conditions, the Smashwiki has a complete list of them https://www.ssbwiki.com/Conditions

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

This is actually an allegory of Darth Vader being at the level of Goku:

AC59A188-CB32-4DA5-8D05-3974EC4A4DF6.png

The lord of the Sith is in.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
The Geno thread is extremely fixated on Nightmare from Soul Calibur for some reason...even though it's a Bamco character....
Then again if Vergeben or Sabi deconfirm Capcom as a whole I'm gonna become a little bit more suspicious over this deconfirmation thingy lmao
They may be VERY WRONG after all lol and they either do or don't know it yet

EDIT : I was a huge advocate for Hades to appear in Smash Ultimate as the main antagonist....alas it didn't happen unfortunately :'(
Has to do with Fatman saying Verge isn’t reliable and Namco fits his theories to a tee. I’m not believing it since he wrote a huge post on how Doomslayer fits perfectly after the Mii leak, then another huge post on how Lloyd fits perfectly after that leak was reconfirmed not to be related to FP5, and then another huge post about why Nightmare is definitely it after Sabi disconfirmed Tales. Now he is sticking with that one and disregarding Verge until Sabi confirms it even though Fatman announced he is stepping out of the insider’s circle yesterday or something along those lines.

I enjoyed his speculation there for a bit but after seeing him latch onto a third character making so much sense, decided to hop off that wild ride lol.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Censor dodging/flaming/harassment
Has to do with Fatman saying Verge isn’t reliable
Fatman was also telling people he didnt think Banjo would be at E3.

-removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Of course. I loved it. But Uprising has Pit and Palutena which makes it automatically better :p
Uprising is a game made up entirely of Best girls and best boys.

It's honestly in my top 3 favorite games of all time

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'll give it a shot:

View attachment 249493
Conditions:
Assist trophy spawn
Pokeball spawn

View attachment 249494
Conditions:

View attachment 249495

View attachment 249496
Conditions:
Reaper scythe on

I'm not good at this lol
Naw, these are really clever actually!

Shame on you for Bewear, though. First Mr. Mew is a pig, then a cat, and now a bear? Shiki would smack you upside the head.

Also Banjo and Kazooie for Beat & Rhyme is so clever. Maybe have it so he spawns Alolan Raichu, since that surfs around like he does.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Uprising is a game made up entirely of Best girls and best boys.

It's honestly in my top 3 favorite games of all time
The first sentence is completely true. The game's cast is absolutely amazing.
I don't know if it's in my top 3. I always have difficults to make my own lists and all, but I definitely love that game. I expected a good game when I bought it for 12€ (13-14 dollars if I'm not mistaken) and then the game blow me away constantly. The music, the cast, the story and it's length, the gameplay, the art, the amount of content, all the weapons and unlockables, the multiplayer...

After the amount of work that was reviving Kid Icarus (it's a ****ing AAA game for handhelds) I honestly think that Nintendo would be extremely dumb for not continuing the series.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Naw, these are really clever actually!

Shame on you for Bewear, though. First Mr. Mew is a pig, then a cat, and now a bear? Shiki would smack you upside the head.

Also Banjo and Kazooie for Beat & Rhyme is so clever. Maybe have it so he spawns Alolan Raichu, since that surfs around like he does.
I just picked Bewear because he's a literal sentient stuffed animal, so I thought it fit.

I honestly forgot Alolan Raichu was even a thing. lol

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Hades

Dude was a riot in Uprising

would love him in smash just to relive his craziness
YEEEESSSS.

Hades was the absolute best part of Uprising, imo. Having the true main antagonist and king of all darkness be a snarky, nonchalant troll with some of the game's most hilarious quotes? Absolutely genius.

Shame he doesn't even cameo in the Palutena's guidance conversations in Ultimate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom