Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

WhIch company will take the coveted DLC Fighter #5?

• Nintendo

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • Capcom

Votes: 53 18.3%
  • Sega

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • SNK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bandai-Namco

Votes: 51 17.6%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Square-Enix

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Konami

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Koei Tecmo

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Arc System Works

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Level-5

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Bethesda

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Sony

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Marvelous

• Blizzard Activision

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Ubisoft

• Netherealm Studios

• FromSoftware

• Grasshopper

• Valve

• Indie company

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Other (Feel free to specify)

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Waluigi

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Again, if we don't get any news of an incoming Direct by the end of Tuesday, our next best bet is the Game Awards. I don't think we'll be getting any sort of Direct on Friday or Saturday, since also I don't think Directs usually happen on those days... though I certainly wouldn't mind if that actually ended up happening for once.
They could make an exception given Saturday is the games first year anniversary. Here's to hoping.

This reminds me of how much fun Darth Vader was in SCIV, his moves looked so cool in that game.
View attachment 249506

I understand it would be rather hard to design a fighting game around Lightsabers and keep their authentic lethality, but I wish there was a competent Star Wars fighting game, Jedi Outcast is the closest we've gotten to it.
How about a riveting game of Tera kasi?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A Nintendo Direct doesn't make much sense for December when they usually have one in January. If there's anything they absolutely have to announce this month, they can either do it in a separate video or at the VGAs.

To add to my point, SMM2 got a huge update when they could've easily waited until a Direct later this month.

SneakyLink

Smash Hero
NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW 6259 3694 6593
A Nintendo Direct doesn't make much sense for December when they usually have one in January. If there's anything they absolutely have to announce this month, they can either do it in a separate video or at the VGAs.

To add to my point, SMM2 got a huge update when they could've easily waited until a Direct later this month.
To be honest, I was expecting something more along the lines of the Final Smash presentation from last game, not a full scale direct.

Alternatively, they could pull a direct mini on us.

Switch FC
SW-0683-6948-9580
How about a riveting game of Tera kasi?
I know that game is terrible, but I enjoy the hell out of that game as a kid, if only just to see things like Boba Fett and Darth Vader fight.

Also I died when they referenced Tera Kasi in the Solo movie, made it worth the price of admission for me.

Fenriraga

Merry Christmas, Starforce 4 was cancelled hahahah
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm putting all my chips in on the VGAs. Considering how Joker literally set the world on fire and was the "main" reveal of the show (Being right before GOTY), I don't doubt Nintendo wants to light that fire again.

If nothing else, we WILL know who fighter 5 is by the end of December, I feel. They're still set on having them all out by February, after all.

punished faygo

cookies for the mods
Switch FC
SW-3724-1042-3339
But would Sidon ever step on you? Consider your priorities.
i've seen plenty of fanart that suggests yes

fr though, i love 3h, but it's got one too many writing hiccups for a story based game for me to consider it one of the best games of the 10s, much less the best nintendo game of the 10s when we had **** like smash, botw, odyssey, etc release this decade

my main issue being how i can't play through 3/4 routes without yearning for dimitri

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Welcome back to Rate Their Chances in the wrong thread, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

I want y'all to just humor me for a moment. Don't give me any generic "oh maybe a character from [x] company or [y] game".

Quote this post, and tell me who you, personally, believe the 5th Fighter's Pass character is gonna be.

JDCabrera

Smash Legend
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
Welcome back to Rate Their Chances in the wrong thread, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

I want y'all to just humor me for a moment. Don't give me any generic "oh maybe a character from [x] company or [y] game".

Quote this post, and tell me who you, personally, believe the 5th Fighter's Pass character is gonna be.
Darth Vader from Force Unleashed.

If it isn’t him, then...

To be honest, I was expecting something more along the lines of the Final Smash presentation from last game, not a full scale direct.

Alternatively, they could pull a direct mini on us.
So basically, it's either a mini-Direct (revealing Fighter 5, their gameplay, the content of Version 6.0, and any details on post-Pass DLC, and nothing else would only take so much time), or the reveal trailer just gets dropped on us out of the blue?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
3DS FC
0189-8502-2597
NNID
WitchofKnowledge
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Sakura Shinguji. I have a feeling it's her.

punished faygo

cookies for the mods
Switch FC
SW-3724-1042-3339

faygoshill from internet but if not him then jonesy fortnite

Putting my chips down on Phoenix Wright.

The character just has a lot going for him, especially since a good chunk of other characters who would take priority over him have been taken out of the running. Popular series and character, major Nintendo relevance, brand new to Smash, Sakurai is aware of the series to some extent...

Of course, I wanna make it clear that I don't think he's guaranteed, just very likely. It could be him... or it could be Amaterasu, Dante or Arthur despite being claimed deconfirmed, or even a Resident Evil character despite the Spirit Board massacre, or it could be someone else entirely. We won't know for sure until the reveal, but until then, my money's on Suit Man.

Last edited:

FP5 is Euden from Dragalia Lost, just to be a curveball pick and also to piss everyone off because their favorite 3rd party character didn't get in instead.

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Putting my chips down on Phoenix Wright.

The character just has a lot going for him, especially since a good chunk of other characters who would take priority over him have been taken out of the running. Popular series and character, major Nintendo relevance, brand new to Smash, Sakurai is aware of the series to some extent...

Of course, I wanna make it clear that I don't think he's guaranteed, just very likely. It could be him... or it could be Amaterasu, Dante or Arthur despite being claimed deconfirmed, or even a Resident Evil character despite the Spirit Board massacre, or it could be someone else entirely. We won't know for sure until the reveal, but until then, my money's on Suit Man.
How would you feel about Morrigan if they altered her design to be more PG? She is Capcom and the crossover queen. Seems like wherever Ryu goes, Morrigan is right behind him.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know who could be FP5. There are brief moments where I feel X character will be the one, and other moments where my intuition tells me another character.

So idk. But I'm more certain now that the reveal will take place at the Game Awards.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Personally expecting someone surprising.

I'm going to take the risk but Master Chief.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice

Googled "Linkle GIF" to respond to this with a GIF of her but ****ing first line of Google Images is her sucking on Ganondorf's colossal monster Cuccoo.

So please excuse me for a moment whilst I find the source material.

Last edited:

I'm thinking it's the PW man, but then again my objectivity on the matter is compromised. If not, I'm feeling someone like Dovahkiin, even though he wouldn't make too much sense as the last fighter.

Plot Twist: Smash Ultimate ends up getting Phoenix... but it's a much different Phoenix than what we expect...

INB4 she ruins the competitive scene with DARK PHOENIX RISES.

How would you feel about Morrigan if they altered her design to be more PG? She is Capcom and the crossover queen. Seems like wherever Ryu goes, Morrigan is right behind him.
I've already accepted that Morrigan would have to be censored for Smash. I'd be happy she's in the game at all in a playable state, though hopefully her censorship is handled as well as Bayonetta's.

Last edited:

- Zero Requiem -

Lightning Buster
Premium

I'm going to be shocked as hell if fighter #5 isn't Phoenix Wright.

I.D.

Smash Apprentice
FP5 is Euden from Dragalia Lost, just to be a curveball pick and also to piss everyone off because their favorite 3rd party character didn't get in instead.
If we absolutely had to get a Cygames' gambling simulator character I'd rather get someone from the much more successful Rage of Bahamut or Granblue instead of Dragalia Flop.

Switch FC
SW-0683-6948-9580

I just have this terrible sinking feeling that Sora is somehow going to get in at TGA, despite how much I don't want it to happen.

Sorry KH fans, more power to ya but I just really don't like Sora haha.

RoboFist

Smash Apprentice
I'll give it a shot:

View attachment 249493
Fighter: :ulthero:(Erdrick)
Stage: Safron City
Music: Reach out to the truth
Conditions:
Assist trophy spawn
Pokeball spawn

View attachment 249494
Fighter::ultrosalina:
Stage: New pork city omega form
Music: ring a ding
Conditions:
Pokeball spawn (Bewear only)

View attachment 249495
Fighter: :ultbanjokazooie:
Stage: Onett
Music: Escape from the city
(I can't think of proper conditions for this one)

View attachment 249496
Fighter: :ultdarkpit:
Stage: Fourside omega form
Battle music: Mass destruction
Conditions:
Reaper scythe on
Assist trophy spawn (Rathalos)

I'm not good at this lol
I really dig this. The Bewear condition for Shiki is clever, and using BK for Beat (/Rhythm) is kinda brilliant.

I'll be honest, I used to be in the same boat as a lot of people on here who really hated post-launch Spirit events due to them all but deconfirming some of my most-wanted characters. But after playing Leon Kennedy's Spirit fight and seeing how fun and clever it was...hey, it still sucks that they won't join the roster, but after that initial disappointment wears off, I'm having a LOT of fun with Spirit battles again.

(Still desperately holding out for at least one TWEWY Mii costume/music track though...)

Tougon

Implausible sword user
3DS FC
2492-4611-2801

It's time to default dance on some fools.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet

Frisk from Undertale. If not that, then Flowey, Papyrus, or Toriel.

Yes, I know about the implications of the Sans costume. They're still more likely than almost any other indie at the moment. Only one character is deconfirmed, and, while popular, he's not as central to the main story as some of the others. Hollow Knight's the only western indie I'd rate as having even slightly similar chances, and I'm not sure how to rate Japanese indies like Quote and Reimu.

While it's possible that I'm wrong about #5, if I'm wrong I'll still bet on it for post-pass.

Chucklehead Tom

Snicker-Snack
Premium
3DS FC
5043-2315-9128
NNID
ChuckleheadTom
Switch FC
SW-1091-3992-7423

**** it, Waluigi. I have no other ideas anyway, I lose nothing if it's not him, and it would be hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.