• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
One thing bugs me with PW is this.

If this was to be true, then I can't think of him for FP5.
Those tweets were made almost a year ago exactly. A lot can change in that span of time.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Those tweets were made almost a year ago exactly. A lot can change in that span of time.
This is true, but the Fighter's Pass would've been locked in by then, meaning negotiations on Phoenix Wright would've been concluded by this point.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Inappropriate content
The big thing with Saber (aside from her origins) is what would she even do in terms of moveset?
-removed for inappropriate sexual references-

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The debate over Spirits would change, but neither of those characters are ATs, so those would stay right where they are in the speculation scene.
Indeed. We need Zero, Jill and Goemon to shatter all the boundaries.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987

That was 1 year ago and Kamiya is talking about HIS characters. The Takumi bit is probably a joke and still. Kirkhope has teached us you can't trust random tweets anymore.

D

Deleted member

I wonder why he brought Shu Takumi then.
So you are saying that the Monster Hunter developers can change their mind from years ago in regards of the Hunter being playable, am I correct?

SNEKeater

Smash Master

It could be Kamiya trolling. Also, I don't know exactly how confidential things work but even if Takumi is friends with Kamiya he wouldn't be allowed to tell Kamiya, who as far as I know had nothing to do with Ace Attorney games when he was at Capcom.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So you are saying that the Monster Hunter developers can change their mind from years ago in regards of the Hunter being playable, am I correct?
Certainly possible, but the only reason I still believe that argument is because the Hunter still never appears in any crossovers.

D

Deleted member

Certainly possible, but the only reason I still believe that argument is because the Hunter still never appears in any crossovers.
Marvel vs Capcom Infinity would like to have a word with you, and if we are being honest PW is missing in a lot of the crossovers like Teppen.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I doubt Phoenix and Sora since they are pretty big in the industry. There can’t be a a small amount of people that don’t know their inclusion to smash.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
It could be Kamiya trolling. Also, I don't know exactly how confidential things work but even if Takumi is friends with Kamiya he wouldn't be allowed to tell Kamiya, who as far as I know had nothing to do with Ace Attorney games when he was at Capcom.
Actually... Kamiya voiced Godot and Apollo.

D

Deleted member

Marvel vs Capcom Infinity would like to have a word with you, and if we are being honest PW is missing in a lot of the crossovers like Teppen.
I did hear that the MvC thing was done against the will of the MH creators and that did piss them off a lot.

Doh that means Capcom could rebel against them and add the Hunter in Smash anyway.

Not the most ideal scenario, but a possible one nonetheless.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
As has been established, in the context of this argument, MvC:I is the exception, not the rule, and an exception that took considerable effort on the part of the MvC:I devs to make happen.

And yes, Phoenix is missing from a lot of crossovers. But that's not due to any resistance on Shu Takumi's part.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The Hunter actually did appear in crossovers. Besides the obvious Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, there was Puzzle & Dragons where different Monsters from the Monster Hunter series appeared as foes alongside different playable Hunters with different armors.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
How's the list coming along? Anyone new get deconfirmed?
I wish we could keep a running list in the Poll box.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
True. But I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't added at some point. So far they have included Jill and Nero as post launch characters.

Actually... Kamiya voiced Godot and Apollo.
In my defense I would say I have only played the two first AA games so I didn't knew that, haha. I'm planning to start the third game soon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True. But I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't added at some point. So far they have included Jill and Nero as post launch characters.

In my defense I would say I have only played the two first AA games so I didn't knew that, haha. I'm planning to start the third game soon.
Not to mention Kamiya was only in the Japanese version.

Though him voicing Apollo is news to me

D

Deleted member

Layton would be an awesome Game Awards reveal.

It is the only reveal that would make my father play Smash Bros, lol.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Just watch, FP5 is gonna be Sans. Sakurai put the Mii Costume in to bamboozle us all and the entire game awards audience is going to collectively **** themselves as soon as the screen goes black and a faint Megalovania that gets progressively louder is played in the distance. The entire thread will implode in on itself as they realize that nothing means anything anymore.

D

Deleted member

Just watch, FP5 is gonna be Sans. Sakurai put the Mii Costume in to bamboozle us all and the entire game awards audience is going to collectively **** themselves as soon as the screen goes black and a faint Megalovania that gets progressively louder is played in the distance. The entire thread will implode in on itself as they realize that nothing means anything anymore.
I would pay 500€ to Sakurai if he used the Sr.Pelo version:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987

To be fair. You wouldn't know that unless you made research or you were playing the original games on Japanese. Because we have the games dubbed here.
Also Apollo got a new japanese voice for DD and onwards. And Godot in the anime has the handsome voice of Sanji.
Kamiya's participation overall got canned after he left.

Edit: He didn't voiced Apollo according to the wiki. But he once claimed he did some lines for him. Weird.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I would pay 500€ to Sakurai if he used the Sr.Pelo version:

Nah, he's actually gonna use this version of Megalovania...

D

Deleted member

As has been established, in the context of this argument, MvC:I is the exception, not the rule, and an exception that took considerable effort on the part of the MvC:I devs to make happen.

And yes, Phoenix is missing from a lot of crossovers. But that's not due to any resistance on Shu Takumi's part.
Hero is pretty much an exception in the game already, its the first time the Hero has a crossover in a game not developed by SE. I could see MH being an exception like that.

I think MH is unlikely but I don't think by any means its impossible.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Were they expecting him to just flat out say "Yes, please look forward to Sora joining the battle in Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch"? This "disconfirmation" means nothing.

Also:

"I believe this same level of surprise should be expected for the other remaining DLC fighters, which would mean we can somewhat rule out the fighters sought after by community; Sora, Waluigi and Banjo-Kazooie."

This part didn't age well at all.

D

Deleted member

Hero is pretty much an exception in the game already, its the first time the Hero has a ceossover in a game not developed by SE..
It is also the first game where the DQ8 Hero meets Samus.

And that contreras is why Smash Ultimate will win GOTY.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The popularity or "hugeness" of a character makes no impact on if they're leaked or not.

Just be patient.

D

Deleted member

The popularity or "hugeness" of a character makes no impact on if they're leaked or not.

Just be patient.
Patience is my thing dear Scoliosis.

I have so many games to finish and so many stuff from my english and chinese classes to work on that time will pass very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom