• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
As my current avatar would attest, I love Ristar. I'd love him as a new Sega rep, though I know his kit could be a bit limited based upon his own gameplay but he could be an interesting psudo Dhalsim character with his arm mechanics. He's also one of those characters for Sega that strived to be the mascot before Sonic just rooted himself as such. And he's got loads of tunes I'd love to have brought in/remixed. I wanna head bonk the crap outa people.

Garuda

Smash Ace
I hate Sora and I hate Kingdom Hearts.

But DAMN would the music be great to have in Smash (if it weren't for Square Enix, who I assume own that at least).

SKX31

Smash Master
*First Visual Novel Character
You know, that reminds me. I read one thing in that Wall Street Journal article about Tencent wanting to create games using Nintendo characters (which I've commented on previously):

"Women are becoming a driving force behind the growth of the gaming market," analyst Daniel Ahmad told WSJ. "Chinese developers are not only shifting to create games aimed at female players, they are also tailoring existing games to better appeal to them."

Interestingly, this is backed up by reports Nintendo has asked external developers to focus on games designed to appeal to young women, "such as romance games, a genre with passionate fans including in China" according to the WSJ.
For a while I thought this was a "in a couple years" thing, until the same analyst tweeted this:

Rayman and Ezio. move over. Phoenix Wright, you got competition.

:4pacman:

Seriously though, Visual Novels could definetely be in the cards whether for FP5 or Post-Pass.

Last edited:

Garuda

Smash Ace
The only part of KH that square owns is the few Final Fantasy characters.
Music is Disney for the most part.
Imagine the irony that Disney is easier to work with than Square Enix. Screw it, put in Sora so I can laugh at Square Enix again. SNK's 50 tracks were a great start.

That and I can be happy for the fans as his trailer plays this:

EDIT: While I'm at it, I should correct what I said. I don't think I HATE Kingdom Hearts, but I do hate what it became after the first game.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Saw conversation about Verg’s credibility, and all I have to say is that people tearing him down are evidently desperate to do so for...whatever reason. Never understood the hostility.

Like, I’m not an “insider”, but I’ve been given info before. That information, typically, is widely known by many people considered “insiders”. It’s just that Verge says it out loud.

Now, whether he does that for attention or whatever is irrelevant. The mere concept that some dude would “guess” the characters accurately on a whim is complete nonsense that we all know is highly improbable. Verg just posts stuff that others know, because that’s usually how leaking happens.

This is, like, the 10th time I’ve posted this in this very thread. Should enlist Gentlepanda Gentlepanda to compile some copypastas so that I can just repost it.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Seriously though, Visual Novels could definetely be in the cards whether for FP5 or Post-Pass.
Saber........

What? I wasn't whispering a character from a series that is huge in Japan and started as a Visual Novel.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Verge’s deniers just seem like they’re mad because he’s saying characters they want in aren’t. Funny thing is that’s its just for the next character, those characters could still happen in the future.

He’s not some all seeing god, but he’s usually right when it comes to Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have you guys already brought up the leak regarding Gordon Freeman in Smash? The one where the leaker leaked Half Life: Alyx a month before it got revealed and said Gordon is in Smash too.
Who knows? I remember there was a DMC5 leak last year which was pretty spot on in pretty much each aspect of the game which said Dante was coming to Smash during the base roster speculation, which was pretty much the only fake part of it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Sabi is hosting a poll if the Gordon leak is fake.
Wasn't it like last week that Sabi was strongly indicating (but of course not actually confirming) that s/he knew who character five was?

D

Deleted member

Wasn't it like last week that Sabi was strongly indicating (but of course not actually confirming) that s/he knew who character five was?
Could have sworn she said her source knew but didn't tell Sabi as it risked exposing them, or some **** like that.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'd like that. It'd line up with what I want.

Big meh.

What about him?
it was somethijg I typed in while seeing it tagging Fatmanonice would work that I made like a week prior but the forum saved my reply and I didn’t realize it.

Nothing to do with him. Just my own mistake.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly I love how leak culture has gone from "You guys, Ridley is in" to basically any ****ing video game character ever. I think it not only shows how much people already have what they wanted the most, making them more more open to other suggestions, and it also shows how much more people talk about different games. All I know about Half Life is that people want a sequel and that the headcrab people speak backwards yet you see a lot of people who have something interesting to say about all sorts of games. I'd say it's a change for the better

D

Deleted member

Honestly I love how leak culture has gone from "You guys, Ridley is in" to basically any ****ing video game character ever. I think it not only shows how much people already have what they wanted the most, making them more more open to other suggestions, and it also shows how much more people talk about different games. All I know about Half Life is that people want a sequel and that the headcrab people speak backwards yet you see a lot of people who have something interesting to say about all sorts of games. I'd say it's a change for the better
The fanbase in the span of a year went from memeing ":ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie: will never be in Smash" to "LITERALLY ANYONE CAN BE IN SMASH!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
On the other hand, I dislike how the lesser known/less relevant Nintendo characters now have lost their chance to shine in favor of third parties. There is still plenty of cool Nintendo characters who can be unique and fun, yet they can't be in because a secondary obscure character from a minor Nintendo franchise is not as influent as the protagonist of a big third party franchise.

As a Nintendo fan for the most part, I miss the old days.

D

Deleted member

On the other hand, I dislike how the lesser known/less relevant Nintendo characters now have lost their chance to shine in favor of third parties. There is still plenty of cool Nintendo characters who can be unique and fun, yet they can't be in because a secondary obscure character from a minor Nintendo franchise is not as influent as the protagonist of a big third party franchise
It's most likely Nintendo's direction on their part. But there will come a time when they'll go back to adding new first-parties.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On the other hand, I dislike how the lesser known/less relevant Nintendo characters now have lost their chance to shine in favor of third parties. There is still plenty of cool Nintendo characters who can be unique and fun, yet they can't be in because a secondary obscure character from a minor Nintendo franchise is not as influent as the protagonist of a big third party franchise.

I get what you mean but I feel Nintendo themselves don't care. Not "They don't care about how those third parties are getting talked about more" but "Nintendo doesn't care about their more obscure **** considering how godawful they are with letting their older, obscure games be played legally"

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
It still feels odd but pleasing that we went from people thinking Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and Banjo-Kazooie are impossible to now serious discussion on characters like Gordon Freeman, Reimu, Kazuma Kiryu, and 2B.

Quite a jump in discussion that I'm pleased with and other characters are getting time to shine for discussion.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I am just waiting for an insider to disconfirm Gordon as FP5 so I can go back to speculating normally on Gordon.

D

Deleted member

The fanbase in the span of a year went from memeing ":ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie: will never be in Smash" to "LITERALLY ANYONE CAN BE IN SMASH!!!"
On the other hand I miss when people thought Geno had a chance during base game and the discussions about first parties otherwise yeah totally the evolution of Smash Speculation has been an interesting one. I wonder what will change for Smash 6 and if this place will even be around then.

D

Deleted member

On the other hand I miss when people thought Geno had a chance during base game and the discussions about first parties otherwise yeah totally the evolution of Smash Speculation has been an interesting one. I wonder what will change for Smash 6 and if this place will even be around then.
All I know about Smash 6 is it's Bomberman's chance to shine again.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Unplug your router and come back to us and then you'll find out.
Step 1. Put your device (Smartphone/PC/MAC) on airplane mode.
Step 2. Open Google Chrome, see the "no internet connection" window.
Step 3. Press the spacebar or tap within said window.
Step 4. Be amazed.
Alright but why the **** was that seriously suggested as a Smash possibility.

D

Deleted member

All I know about Smash 6 is it's Bomberman's chance to shine again.
If Konami is even involved with Smash 6 as I'm sure there will be a lot of cuts to the roster and a lot of those would be third party characters. If they are then hell yeah Bomberman gets a chance again.

It's kind of a reason why I want Geno in this game now cause we don't know if Square will even be involved with the next Smash game and if they are they'd much rather prefer keeping Cloud and Hero in the game than possibly getting Geno.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wait....I must of missed something big because this is news to me. Half-Life in Smash?

really?

How did this come about?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

Yet Geno, a side character of the one 20 year old Mario spin-off, is apparently fine to outright expect because he's actually another company's character, even over say, a "rhythmic" Nintendo franchise with multiple popular games to its name (that were actually initially released in Europe), but not a character from that franchise tho.

That would just be too small and obscure a name for anyone to care :4pacman:
It's most likely Nintendo's direction on their part. But there will come a time when they'll go back to adding new first-parties.
Pre-DLC finishing for Ultimate or

D

Deleted member

Wait....I must of missed something big because this is news to me. Half-Life in Smash?

really?

How did this come about?
A leak that correctly claimed some stuff for the new Half-Life also said Gordon would be in Smash
Take it as you may but it is cool to see people talking about the possibility in a semi-serious contex

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So it’s not actually like, legit. Ok, I’ll sit back down in my chair and proceed with my day then.

which is making 120 peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom