• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Raiden most certainly should not be Echoes.
Not only that, but Raiden is the WRONG echo for Snake.

Liquid or Big Boss.

Easy Echo pass is Dixie, Shadow, Octoling, Raiden (MGS), and Black Shadow.
Shadow
Bass
Black Knight
Black Shadow
Liquid Snake

Only person I can't see escaping the clone realm is Richter.
The only one that NEEDS to escape from the clone realm is Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of clones, I could go all day about how to declone :ultdarkpit:.

He's somehow the only person in my head who I can automatically make a detailed moveset change for him. Maybe it's because I've played too much Kid Icarus Uprising, but there's good weapons left unused and unrepresented.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
Ideal echo pass? Easy.
Hyrule Warriors Link, Ocarina of Time Adult Link, Cadence Link, Triforce Hero Link and Awakening Link.

D

Deleted member

Previously on Fatman (Now w/ Pictures!):

I wish I knew, Commissioner Jordan. But surely Fatman is a myth? There's enough trouble in our city, so I also avoid the leaker scene. Some call Fatman a hero, but I say he's a no good vigilante.

What's a kid like you reading the Brotham City Times for?! That sensational garbage. Anyway, you're a good kid, Rick Drayson, so a word of advice: that Fatman is bad news. He doesn't speak much, if he's even real at all, but his word is treated like gospel. There's a certain group that hang out over at old Geno's place downtown that formed a Fatman cult of some kind. Great, like we needed more vigilantes recklessly tearing up our city. It's all crazy I tell ya! Gone are the days of open and shut cases. When, if ever was Fatman right? Never, I say. Never. Don't listen to what the papers have to say, kid. This gal's been on the force almost as long as Commissioner Jordan himself.

Later that day...

And now for Part 3: I Am Fatman

Deuce?! Did you just refer to me as Deuce, Alfredo? In my own workout studio? The man they know as world renowned Fitness Instructor Deuce Payne is a charade. Deuce Payne ceased to exist the day his parents died in that drive-thru car crash. Survivors guilt caused that orphan boy to eat his weight in comfort food thrice over. He spent years developing an extreme workout regime to take all of it off. In doing so, that boy became a man who mastered the ultimate exercise routine. Unbeknownst to the rest of the world, when sped up, said exercise is also the deadliest martial art on the planet. That man may have shed the pounds, Alfredo, but the weight of his parent's death will never go away. That is why I don the Fatsuit and fight evil one calorie at a time. I am vengeance. I am chubby. I. Am. Fatman!

That's all for now, kids... Same fat time, same fat channel.

But yeah, basically, I started reading replies about some guy named Fatman, so I responded to them like a Batman parody. I'm as clueless you are, but it I got a laugh out of it at least. Part 2 was almost all actual quotes y'all said about Fatman; I can't make that stuff up.
Oh my god. That "For Geno" comic is hilarious.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I legitimately thought Dark Samus had a good chance of getting in as a cool rushdown offensive semiclone of Samus using weird animations and energy blasts and clones and stuff.

What a fool I was...
Honestly I’m still salty Isabelle became a semi clone but dark samus didn’t
View attachment 247481 View attachment 247482 View attachment 247483

Imagine if they gave Richter this kind of ****. If you hated the Belmonts now, you have no idea how much worse it could get.
It looks cool but oh god that would be a nightmare

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, the hypest reveal was Sonic. Probably won't ever be beat. Assuming hype corresponds to excitement and positivity.

Snake's reveal was huge for Smash, and a lot of people loved it, but let's not forget Snake was a divisive character until Cloud, Ryu, and Bayo showed up and then people were like "eh I guess Snake isn't that ill-fitting anymore".
Mine was:ultkrool:

I just love my boi because he's a crocodile and crocodiles are my favorite animals.

Followed by him was:ultridley:then:ultbanjokazooie:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For Echoes I'm still holding out hope for my girl Hilda. The one from Link between Worlds, not the Netflix cartoon.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Speaking of clones, I could go all day about how to declone :ultdarkpit:.

He's somehow the only person in my head who I can automatically make a detailed moveset change for him. Maybe it's because I've played too much Kid Icarus Uprising, but there's good weapons left unused and unrepresented.
Granted, the dudes a literal clone of Pit.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Doesn't mean he still couldn't have a unique moveset. Kid Icarus Uprising had a huge variety of weapons at Pit's disposal and Dark Pit could use them too. They could have had Dark Pit use whatever weapons regular Pit didn't.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If I'm limited to five, then my Echo pass would be Shadow the Hedgehog, Ms. Pac-Man, Proto Man, Zack Fair, and Jeanne.
Oh I would have definitely included Ms. Pac-Man and several of those others, this is just a First Party Echos Pass complementary to the pass you posted earlier. Interesting that your entire Echos Pass is 3rd Party.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
If I'm limited to five, then my Echo pass would be Shadow the Hedgehog, Ms. Pac-Man, Proto Man, Zack Fair, and Jeanne.
Malos (Shulk Chrom/Ken-like echo)
Shadow (Sonic Chrom/Ken-like echo)
Hilda (Zelda echo)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong Chrom/Ken-like echo)
Funky Kong (DK echo)

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I just posted this in another thread, but I guess it's relevant here too:
Would that be Dixie as a semiclone, Echo or semiclone echo ala Ken?
oh god if the three of them got in, i can see all the fanart of zelgius and shadow doing the fusion dance to become black shadow
Not to mention having a Batman lookalike to complete the trio with Robin and Joker.

Anyways, I have to wonder if it'd just be like, real big characters that could be echos (or "unique" clones) for Ultimate DLC going forward; Octolings, Dixie Kong, Tails if he didn't have that damn Mii costume, Ms. Pac-Man if she wasn't in legal hell rn, and maybe another option or two too. I really don't see why Gooigi would be anything more than a joke of a suggestion that's not particularly funny.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not gonna lie, the idea of Richter throwing literal bibles at his enemies would be great. He doesn't even read scriptures; he just throws it at unholy heathens instead.
I mean, it's either throw a bible or UNLEASH THE HOLY RAINBOW LASER OF DAVID

image.gif

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I would like you to be right. Also I've never seen this mentioned, but in the case of 2B I suppose A2 would make sense as an alt costume?
I want A2 in with 2B as the echo. That **** is not going to happen though but we shouldn't settle for a costume. A2 would be more fun to use and could easily work as an echo. Here's how she would fight:

A2 is exactly like 2B with the exception of her down special, dodge animation, taunts, and side special. The manner in which she fights is more powerful, arrogant, and aggressive than 2B. With the exception of her neutral special, A2 does not have Pod Program attacks, but she is technical in her own special ways~

Down special: Berserk Mode

Tapping it gives A2 a mighty damage boost to her strikes, in exchange for 15% of her health and making it easier to launch her off of the stage. The self-inflicted damage slowly accumulates over time.

When you hold down the button instead of tapping it, however, A2 explodes and it injures nearby opponents upon activation.

The downside is that holding it takes a while to activate and leaves you susceptible. As a visual indicator, A2's body glows red the total duration that Berserk Mode is triggered. Functionally, the move is like activating Arsene on command, at the cost of your health. Berserk Mode has a 25 second cooldown period when it deactivates before you can initiate it once more.

Side special: Evade Boost

Unlike 2B's dash, A2's is slower and deals damage. When used while Berserk Mode is activated, A2 is less visible, only leaving behind a red blur. The dash is also faster if A2 is in Beserk Mode.

Taunts: In addition to using her down special, you can interrupt any of A2's attacks with a taunt to initiate Berserk Mode. All of A2's taunts work online because they are integral to her move list and where her true strength lies. Precisely, this betch not only has attack into taunt true combos, but it is her blueprint - her very stratagem. A2 is all about getting inside of your opponent's head. She is mind games personified. Is she going to keep dishing out combos or stop in the middle of one to taunt and level up in the process? You never know.

When she dodges, she turns invisible like Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Granted, I could still do it. He has his own ****ing branded weapon and it's only used in his Final Smash. It's a shame, too, since Smash already uses the Club and Staff archetypes. That leaves Blades, Cannons, Palms, and if they care, offensive Orbitars that aren't like the Guardian Orbitars.

To fit Dark Pit's edgy angsty teen rebellion style in both looks and effects, we can choose the more "evil" weapons. Luckily, each archetype has a weapon that's literally designed and named after the bosses of the games, Dark Pit included.

1574347969365.png
The Dark Pit Staff has slow shots but is overall powerful, so similar to how the Silver Bow is portrayed in Smash.
1574347985834.png
The Great Reaper palm summons annoying Reapettes. It also has the ability to half enemy health but that's OP.
1574348139847.png
The Gaol blade is just a generic uber-powerful weapon, with homing shots that are powerful, but slow.
1574348165950.png
The Twinbellos Cannon shoots fire streams and has an explosion shot if you dash backwards with it.

1574348217245.png
The Pandora Claws can create an AoE blast similar to Joker's side special with Arsense that doubles as a barrier.

That's just my vision of what to use, though. I really like the idea because the design of those weapons are amazing, especially the Pandora Claws. If you want to make a bullet hell character before Reimu, you got potential in Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Don't let Agumon distract you from the fact that this mofo is an indisputable video game character.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Eh, any echoes I want to see would either come alongside new characters or be contingent on altering an existing one (Specifically, give us SA-X and de-echo Dark Samus, give us 'a new F-Zero rep' and start from scratch with Ganondorf, etc.)
There's zero chance of that happening within Ultimate, AFAIC, so that sucks.

If we were getting any non-Robotnik Sonic rep, I guess an echo would be alright there, and Alice would work for Terry if you stretch things a lot. Otherwise, not really interested. Would have been down with Princess Hilda had we gotten a different design for Zelda, but now it'd just feel lazy.

Ideal echo pass? Easy.
Hyrule Warriors Link, Ocarina of Time Adult Link, Cadence Link, Triforce Hero Link and Awakening Link.
This doesn't jive. None of those would be echoes.

Not to say they'd give any of them unique specials or make them notably or aesthetically different, granted. But they'd still avoid the elusive ε.

Don't let Agumon distract you from the fact that this mofo is an indisputable video game character.
Sure. Bring on Medabots.
Give us an all-Robo pass. Elenor Camuel, 2B, KOS-MOS, Brass (Or Metabee if we must), and Fei-Yen.
(Lisa as an echo for Elenor, at that. Everyone's favourite murderbot would be entertaining to see)

I might have a type.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Granted, I could still do it. He has his own ****ing branded weapon and it's only used in his Final Smash. It's a shame, too, since Smash already uses the Club and Staff archetypes. That leaves Blades, Cannons, Palms, and if they care, offensive Orbitars that aren't like the Guardian Orbitars.

To fit Dark Pit's edgy angsty teen rebellion style in both looks and effects, we can choose the more "evil" weapons. Luckily, each archetype has a weapon that's literally designed and named after the bosses of the games, Dark Pit included.

View attachment 247503 The Dark Pit Staff has slow shots but is overall powerful, so similar to how the Silver Bow is portrayed in Smash.
View attachment 247504 The Great Reaper palm summons annoying Reapettes. It also has the ability to half enemy health but that's OP.
View attachment 247506 The Gaol blade is just a generic uber-powerful weapon, with homing shots that are powerful, but slow.
View attachment 247507 The Twinbellos Cannon shoots fire streams and has an explosion shot if you dash backwards with it.

View attachment 247508 The Pandora Claws can create an AoE blast similar to Joker's side special with Arsense that doubles as a barrier.

That's just my vision of what to use, though. I really like the idea because the design of those weapons are amazing, especially the Pandora Claws. If you want to make a bullet hell character before Reimu, you got potential in Kid Icarus.
As someone who loves Kid Icarus Uprising, I'm kind of disappointed none of them play like the actual game. A dodgy zoner with quick-striking capabilities would be incredibly fun when given the Uprising aesthetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get an "Echo Fighters Pass". The Echo Fighter concept was introduced as a way to squeeze in a few extra characters into the base roster, but considering how well-received it was, I could see the developers thinking they could squeeze in even more with DLC.

How an Echo Fighters Pass would be handled is anyone's guess, but here's how I think it should be handled...
  • The Pass itself and individual characters are all cheaper than a regular Fighters Pass with unique characters.
  • None of the characters in the Pass come with stages, just extra spirits and music tracks.
  • The characters all have at least some sort of noticeable gameplay difference to separate them from their base character. Basically, they're more Chrom and Ken, less Daisy and Richter.
  • No alternate versions of a character. Dry Bowser, Gooigi, OOT/TP Link and Zelda, female Hero... none of those types of characters. It would be like Mario Kart constantly adding metal and baby versions of characters. Certainly not the path I'd want Smash to go down.
As for who would be in the Pass... again, anyone's guess, but I can offer my personal picks...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As someone who loves Kid Icarus Uprising, I'm kind of disappointed none of them play like the actual game. A dodgy zoner with quick-striking capabilities would be incredibly fun when given the Uprising aesthetic.
Palutena had nothing so Sakurai just gave her leftovers from what he couldn't port from Uprising in Smash Run as a power. :nifty: Prove me wrong.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get an "Echo Fighters Pass". The Echo Fighter concept was introduced as a way to squeeze in a few extra characters into the base roster, but considering how well-received it was, I could see the developers thinking they could squeeze in even more with DLC.

How an Echo Fighters Pass would be handled is anyone's guess, but here's how I think it should be handled...
  • The Pass itself and individual characters are all cheaper than a regular Fighters Pass with unique characters.
  • None of the characters in the Pass come with stages, just extra spirits and music tracks.
  • The characters all have at least some sort of noticeable gameplay difference to separate them from their base character. Basically, they're more Chrom and Ken, less Daisy and Richter.
  • No alternate versions of a character. Dry Bowser, Gooigi, OOT/TP Link and Zelda, female Hero... none of those types of characters. It would be like Mario Kart constantly adding metal and baby versions of characters. Certainly not the path I'd want Smash to go down.
As for who would be in the Pass... again, anyone's guess, but I can offer my personal picks...
Erik doesn't make any sense since he's a thief and wouldn't play anything like the hero

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Erik doesn't make any sense since he's a thief and wouldn't play anything like the hero
Both the Hero and Erik in Dragon Quest XI can use swords. Erik admittedly can't use shields, but I could see him holding a knife for his forward tilt (with the downside of not being able to block projectiles like Hero and the Links can). As for the Command Selection spells, Hero already has some spells he canonically can't use in the Dragon Quest games (Kaswoosh, Oomph, Bounce, and Kacrackle Slash), so I've no problem with Erik using the same spells, with the exception of Magic Burt being replaced by Divide.

Again, I think the hypothetical DLC Echo Fighters should have some sort of gameplay difference. I imagine Erik playing not identically to Hero, but close enough to be considered an Echo like Ken.

Yeah, imagine choosing Erik over the chad Sylvando

I'd prefer Erik, but Sylvando would certainly be my second choice for a Hero echo.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sure. Bring on Medabots.
Give us an all-Robo pass. Elenor Camuel, 2B, KOS-MOS, Brass (Or Metabee if we must), and Fei-Yen.
(Lisa as an echo for Elenor, at that. Everyone's favourite murderbot would be entertaining to see)

I might have a type.
Elenor
Lisa
Not Kireek

It's not wrong to have a type, but if we're going to have a murderbot in Smash, give us the scythe-wielding robot assassin and part-time bounty hunter.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I would say Dixie as a Diddy Kong Echo would be greatly welcomed as well, buuuuut I don't know how others would feel about that. Might end up with another Dark Samus scenario where people are more annoyed than pleased.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Both the Hero and Erik in Dragon Quest XI can use swords. Erik admittedly can't use shields, but I could see him holding a knife for his forward tilt (with the downside of not being able to block projectiles like Hero and the Links can). As for the Command Selection spells, Hero already has some spells he canonically can't use in the Dragon Quest games (Kaswoosh, Oomph, Bounce, and Kacrackle Slash), so I've no problem with Erik using the same spells, with the exception of Magic Burt being replaced by Divide.

Again, I think the hypothetical DLC Echo Fighters should have some sort of gameplay difference. I imagine Erik playing not identically to Hero, but close enough to be considered an Echo like Ken.

I'd prefer Erik, but Sylvando would certainly be my second choice for a Hero echo.
It honestly be a better idea to get more heroes into the game such as getting 3,4,6,1 especially getting the fem versions for 3 and 4 I didn't care but a lot of people did and would want those plus getting different DQ heroes in there too would be a great way to get more music

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Elenor
Lisa
Not Kireek

It's not wrong to have a type, but if we're going to have a murderbot in Smash, give us the scythe-wielding robot assassin and part-time bounty hunter.
Of the archetypes, I'd say Kireek is probably one of the most fleshed-out, but I specifically want to avoid Hunters since Rangers and Forces are just plain better. >_>Or, at least they'd be more interesting in terms of Smash.

And I will continue to contend that Elenor's design is the one that most overtly calls back to PSO at a glance.
If it were going to be a hunter, Kireek is up against Rico and Flowen... And loathe as I am to admit it (since he's lame) Ash...

Lisa provides a PSO2 rep (and as of Ep.6 is actually important enough to justify consideration), which SEGA is probably going to want since the game is finally coming West.

As far as murderbot qualifications go... We see Kireek slowly become corrupted whereas the entire time we know Lisa, 95% of her dialogue is about shooting things, finding new things to shoot, why shooting things is the optimal way to murder things, how annoyed she is she isn't allowed to just shoot people, and the like. The remaining 5% are moments of odd lucidity (and recently an implication she may actually just be nihilistic rather than a vapid maniac) or non-gun-centric crazy-talk.

While I'd be down for Kireek (and seeing the Soul Eater in Smash would be fun), he's probably about 5 characters down for me (excluding echoes).
Elenor Camuel > Rupika > Rico Tyrell > Heathcliff Flowen > Kireek > Matoi > Bernie > Sue = Alicia Baz > Elly Person > Dr. Montague > Persona > everyone else > PSO1 Ash >>>>>>>> PSO2 Ash.

Edit: And just for the Hell of it, Lisa's character song (Murderwaifu intensifies)...

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

I can just imagine the reveal. Samus, Cloud, and Snake are fighting each other, when Twin rockets attack them out of nowhere, from a nearby plateau . Managing to escape, they look up to see Ikki Tenryo, and his Medabot Metabee. Then Mr. Referee makes an appearance and says "Medabot, Robattle!" Then Ikki says Metabee's intro character phase, just as it appears: ATTACK MODE METABEE!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So... nothing happened today. Today which is supposed to be a “big day” for Nintendo in the past years.

welp, the waiting game continues I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom