• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I can entertain the idea of Arthur in Smash, though. He's just Simon but Capcom in terms of implementation.
If would be pretty dope tbh. I'm still a Crash or Doomguy man myself but if it was actually someone like Arthur that'd be pretty sick. I'm open minded

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Though the lack of a Heihachi costume being included in 6.0's batch of Mii Fighters has me suspicious, I wouldn't expect him to get in so soon. Maybe it's because we just got a fighting game character, and I think they're gonna want a little more variety in the Pass.
:ultjoker::ulthero:

Do people keep forgetting?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can entertain the idea of Arthur in Smash, though. He's just Simon but Capcom in terms of implementation.
Just like how:ultbanjokazooie:is British Duck Hunt, Heihachi is Old Man Ryu, Master Chief is Green Samus, Crash is Aussie Sonic,:ult_terry:is Trucker Ken,:ulthero:is Shonen Link, Hayabusa is Sword Sheik, etc.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember when I kept shilling Amingo as the Capcom rep and then some madman proceeding to make a decent photoshop leak of him.

I like to say that I was responsible even though I probably wasn't.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Arthur is a Capcom character. Capcom characters are amazing and we need Super Capcom Siblings or whatever to satiate my desire for all of the good Capcom characters, which is like 90% of them
How would you feel about Phoenix Wright? He's probably who I'd feel most hyped for. Amaterasu and Monster Hunter are pretty high up there for me too. Chun-Li would also be hype as all get go.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just like how:ultbanjokazooie:is British Duck Hunt, Heihachi is Old Man Ryu, Master Chief is Green Samus, Crash is Aussie Sonic,:ult_terry:is Trucker Ken,:ulthero:is Shonen Link, Hayabusa is Sword Sheik, etc.
Michael you know that's not what I meant if I put the words "implementation" in there for a reason.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I mean, people did that constantly for Pokemon and still do with a First Party support thread. Who do they want, doesn't matter as long as it's first party! Unless it's FE, a major Nintendo IP
Don't get me wrong, wanting some rando first-party character on the basis that they're first-party or Pokemon is almost as bad. But "Fire Emblem Switch Lord" was particularly egregious because we knew NOTHING about FE16 at the time that would warrant any reason to want a character in it to be in Smash.

Say what you will about those contributing to the First-Party support thread, they at least usually use it as a springboard for underappreciated characters/franchises they adore that just have inactive support threads.
Does your dislike of Edelgard in Smash also stem from the Edelgard-Dimitri rivalry present both in game and in the fandom?
Nah, I just dislike her as a character and her moveset potential (axe) is already represented through King Dedede.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How would you feel about Phoenix Wright? He's probably who I'd feel most hyped for. Amaterasu and Monster Hunter are pretty high up there for me too. Chun-Li would also be hype as all get go.
Amazing, godlike, I want to pat his head like the good boy he is
Don't get me wrong, wanting some rando first-party character on the basis that they're first-party or Pokemon is almost as bad. But "Fire Emblem Switch Lord" was particularly egregious because we knew NOTHING about FE16 at the time that would warrant any reason to want a character in it to be in Smash.

Say what you will about those contributing to the First-Party support thread, they at least usually use it as a springboard for underappreciated characters/franchises they adore that just have inactive support threads.

Nah, I just dislike her as a character and her moveset potential (axe) is already represented through King Dedede.
I really don't see the difference either way. And yeah I agree on that, when the Edelgard thread was made I thought "We know nothing about her why are you like this". Then the game came out and next time I saw it I went "NOW you guys can do this without being judged by me"
SEGA's Star-Studded Slugfest first.
SEGA needs to fix my Steam copy of Jet Set Radio first

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Disagree about Dedede, but Ike and Ganondorf wield their swords like axes (more so Ganondorf). If you swapped them out for axes, it would be barely noticeable and I've seen this with a Minerva skin for Ike in sm4sh.

Not to say Edelgard's B moves couldn't be cool, but I think it's disingenuous to say that having an axe would suddenly make a character's moveset be unique except on a cosmetic level.
This video also reeeeally makes me wish more XC2 music was in Smash uugggh

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'd personally be fine with Arthur, though considering how divisive he is to Marvel vs. Capcom fans, it'll be... interesting to see how Smash fans react to him.

Regardless, if it means getting another awesome remix of the Ghosts 'n Goblins theme, it'll be totally worth it.

Ahh yes, the mighty axe wielder King Dedede
"I NEED AN AXE TO CHOP UP DAT DERE KIRBEH!"

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Arthur eh? Would certainly be a dark horse pick, but even then it’s a little too out of left field to be believable

still on the FP5-is-a-Namco-character train anyway

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Arthur would be such a left-field pick that I personally would find him super exciting. He's certainly a dark horse pick but Ghost and Goblins is a well made game and the franchise has some really good games in it so I wouldn't complain at all.

Do I think the rumor is real though? nah I don't but I would so be down for Arthur getting in if it was real. Him or Phoenix are my preferred Capcom characters tbh so I'd love it if he did get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins would be the weirdest ******* choice for a new Capcom rep and to wrap up the Fighter Pass.

Not saying that I have beef against Arthur or his series, mind you, but there are so many other Capcom characters that make much more sense to be chosen over him.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Arthur would be a left field pick compared to other Capcom characters. Could definitely be fun though, especially if they incorporated him losing or gaining the armor as a passive ability. Maybe have him change his neutral special to different projectiles?

I know there's a good chance the screenshot is doctored, but I wanted to talk about it anyway.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Arthur isn't even close to my most-wanted Capcom character but who am I to deny another NES classic from joining the roster?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
No, no, you're right.

Name a single person who supports Corrin's inclusion. Point proven. :mybodyisreggie:
I do, in fact before they we're revealed, I honestly, actually hoped they'd make it into Smash.

And distract you from my supposed blasphemy, I just found out that Sakura Wars releases in Japan on Dec 12, the same day as the VGA. It's not for certain, but Sakura is looking just a tiny bit more likely as our 5th character to me.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Arthur is cool. If he is Fighter 5, He'd probably function similarly to Simon and Richter where he throws different weapons with his specials that are from the Ghouls n' Ghosts series.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Yes, that screenshot is confusing as he** and I'm glad that people aren't taking that whole Arthur thing seriously and is nothing but a good troll by someone pretending to be Sabi.

Though, for speculation sake, Arthur would be such a weird and out of left field for a Capcom character. If were looking at "patterns" it would still fit the whole, "Smash always seem to end on a low note" for character reveals thing that people like to bring up. I would like for that to be broken and proven wrong. Get someone that would at least be hype and make sense to book end this first round of DLC, to get us excited and look forward to the next round. At least Leon/Jill would be hype choices to have in the roster. Arthur would work more as a Sword mii fighter costume if anything, if they wanted some more Capcom Mii costumes, thats not MegaMan. As much as I also hate say this, if we REALLY are going to get another Capcom character, I also think that Phoenix Wright would proabably get the Mii costume treatment, probably a brawler. The Monster Hunter miis from Smash 4 still hasn't been bought back yet neither.

I know and get why everybody is screaming Bandai, but just know Capcom don't have their Mii costumes back neither. I'm more or less leaning on a Capcom rep being the final DLC than Bandai.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, but actually yes, but actually no.

The village getting destroyed wasn't their intention. IIRC, they attempted to get into the shrine where the Stars were and either got into a fight with the Guardian there and their battle ended up causing the storm that affected the village or regardless, something bad happened when they attempted to enter and caused the storm. Either way, the storm that happened wasn't intentionally their fault, but it's still indirectly their fault for it happening.

Them beating up young Isaac and Garet was intentional though. Most likely because they were afraid of the kids misunderstanding of them being the destroyers intentionally and telling the other villagers, which in turn would make it even harder for them to return to the shrine, and were hoping that knocking them out would make them forget about them.
I would imagine beating up young children would make them more likely to remember you. Yeah it's kind of confusing and it doesn't help that they're not constantly showing up throughout the game. I think one let's player I remember said Golden Sun's narrative would have been better if they cut out the filler or tied Satrios and M. Dude to them, and just make them straight up bad guys. It's been a while so I need to refresh on it. All I really remember is that the soundtrack is actually cool and that Isaac's final Smash needs to be the eye of God beaming his enemies into a mountain for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom