• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I mean...What else would it be? Saying you're happy for someone means that they're happy that you're happy even if the thing that makes you happy doesn't directly make them happy. In the end everyone's happy so I'd call that a win.
If that is what you say, then I'm sure...it'll work out.

Sigh...I think I've had my fill of venting. Might as well try to think positively for tomorrow then...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
From all the press and discussions I've seen, it's an experience more than it is a game.
Everyone that seems to express enjoyment seems to frame it as, "Well, it's not fun and it's kind of tedious and aggravating to actually play... but everyone should experience this!"

Or people just say, "LOL Walking Simulator" and move on. >_>
Sounds intriguing. Not overly fond of watching a guy pee though. Or weird fetus stuff...

These are the only two things I've seen of the game. Didn't even know it was out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm going to be honest, the fact that we keep getting Spirits for a lot of new releases its making me think they are quite more telling in regards of disconfirmations. I kinda think its pretty much a they disconfirm until not, just like Assist Trophies.
Ehhhh I think that only really applies to patched in/DLC spirits. Base game spirits are safe imo

since also, I highly doubt we’re getting DLC/patched in Assist Trophies

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
I'm going to be honest, the fact that we keep getting Spirits for a lot of new releases its making me think they are quite more telling in regards of disconfirmations. I kinda think its pretty much a they disconfirm until not, just like Assist Trophies.
i'm leaning towards that as well

so far each DLC character brought their own spirit board. If spirits from a game debut without a character then that franchise possibly wont have a playable character. Its possible for spirits to be released before a character but IIRC that has yet to happen.

Galar may join Hoenn and Unova as regions without a playable pokemon in smash. Smash 6 would probably get a starter from Gen IX.

again im only speculating

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Astral Chain and Three Houses still don't have spirits. Hmmmm. (And Luigi's Mansion 3 as well.)

Plank08

Smash Lord
Astral Chain is a third party I think so whatever, but 3 houses with no spirits yet is definitely hmmmmm, now, I’ve never played 3 houses but I’ve been spoiled already so I’m gonna ask, who would you guys prefer? Edelgard is Byleth?

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Astral Chain is a third party I think so whatever, but 3 houses with no spirits yet is definitely hmmmmm, now, I’ve never played 3 houses but I’ve been spoiled already so I’m gonna ask, who would you guys prefer? Edelgard is Byleth?
Moveset potential Byleth. Who I want for his personality and role in the hisotry of the game Edelgard. Although Dimitri will be in a middle of moveset potential and interesting character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Astral Chain is first-party. Nintendo co-owns the IP with Platinum.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Claude.
If there's something Smash needs more than women, it's PoC.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I'm not very funny.
A few things I want to say.
1. I see people saying that we won't get more 1st Party DLC and that the rest will be 3rd Party and/or coming with a new stage. Did they erase Piranha Plant from their memory or something? Whatever they're smoking, I want some.
2. I'm delusional enough to narrow my expectations for CP #5 to the following: Sora, Travis, Arle, or Phoenix.
3. I think Reimu is possible, but not likely.
4. I know I said I wanted PaRappa somewhere, but I don't think that PlayStation joining a Smash tourney means there'll be a Sony rep. However, I think it's likely now.
5. Your most wanted will never get in.
6. I'm playing 2016 DOOM right now, in case you were wondering. (Let's be honest: we've got better things to do though.)
To put it simply, the Fighters Pass does not feel right without a female character. If Smash 4 gave us Bayonetta, why not now? Why act later when you can act now? Why set your hopes for the future when you can have easy hopes at the present time?

It feels incomplete to me.
In my honest opinion, while my favorite character in the pass is Terry, it felt complete to me once Hero and Banjo made it in. At that moment, we had...
-a Sakurai pick
-a character from a HUGE franchise who happens to be an anime swordie
-a character that was highly requested FOR YEARS
While I disagree with why you want a character ("there's not enough females"), I'm not gonna stop you from wanting what you want to want. (Still rooting for Dante and Doomguy, and Arle seems pretty cool.)
John Dylan Smith and his "anime sword fighter" complaints.
Did he like cereal mascots?
What’s your stance on companies reappearing for different characters after the pass? As in, do you think it’s possible for us to get another Sega/Square/Microsoft rep after the pass? I personally believe that we’ll only be getting one rep per company only based on what we’ve seen so far, but I’d love to be proven wrong.
I think it's certain that at least ONE of those will get another fighter.
Soon it’ll be 10 days since that hidden video was uploaded. Think a direct may be announced tomorrow?
Mfw Edelgard blames the spirits for societies problems and declares war on Galeem.
That certainly sounds familiar.
Of course since it will be Steve as FP5.
1540226728896.gif

AW MAN.gif

In all seriousness though, I'd say he's still got decent chances.
Speaking of reveals that fit the TGA. What if we get a reveal of Gordon Freeman?
I'd just shrug, thinking to myself: "Yep. That's what I paid for." (I'd still buy him anyways just so I have all characters, at least.)
SwSh's getting spirits in Smash

and we still haven't gotten 3 Houses and Astral Chain spirits think emoji
Astral Chain and Three Houses still don't have spirits. Hmmmm. (And Luigi's Mansion 3 as well.)
I'm thinking Green Eggs and Ham.
Forgive Me God.JPG
And what if the final character breaks the game?
Hey! Don't get my hopes up. I know for a fact that Dante will never get in.
Here’s the Kamiya tweet I was talking about earlier, roughly translates to “I was drinking with Takumi the other day, and he asked, “Why no Phoenix Wright?”” The context was for smash, as the same day he tweeted this he also released the poll. Seeing as this came about AFTER Sakurai’s tweet relating to the pass being decided, this could be seen as a deconfirmation, but Takumi literally denied Phoenix being in UMvC3 even after he was leaked, so...make of this what you will. Takumi hasn’t been directly involved with the series or Capcom for a long time, so it’s possible he wouldn’t know anything about negotiations amongst Capcom and Nintendo.
Lucina refuses to acknowledge any option other than the Doomslayer
Yikes!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
For a Smash inclusion I'd prefer Edelgard > Dimitri > Byleth though I'm completely down for any of them getting in. Haven't played GD yet so I can't really comment on Claude.

Also how does Dimitri not have his own support thread yet?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Hmm...

You know, as far as future DLC goes, I'm on the belief that if Geno appears as a playable character, he's not going to be part of a new set of rules for speculation, but rather an exception to what we've already seen.

But then again, no Astral Chain or Three Houses spirits. I want to think they're just odd coincidences and not an omen to what's coming down the line.

D

Deleted member

Claude.
If there's something Smash needs more than women, it's PoC.
Double down on that...

In my honest opinion, while my favorite character in the pass is Terry, it felt complete to me once Hero and Banjo made it in. At that moment, we had...
-a Sakurai pick
-a character from a HUGE franchise who happens to be an anime swordie
-a character that was highly requested FOR YEARS
While I disagree with why you want a character ("there's not enough females"), I'm not gonna stop you from wanting what you want to want. (Still rooting for Dante and Doomguy, and Arle seems pretty cool.)
Did he like cereal mascots
Smash 4 had a female, why not Ultimate's?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You know, for how ridiculously popular he's become, I'm surprised there isn't a Dimitri support thread yet.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Can we please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go one game without Fire Emblem getting special treatment?

Any possible argument you can make for their inclusion can be made for tons of other franchises -AND- with the advantage of adding a whole new universe to Smash Bros, instead of one we have become irritatingly familiar with for several games in a row.

I don't hate FE. I've played most of the series and it has some of my favorite characters in it. But I would really rather let new franchises take the stage and shine, instead of just giving more to a franchise that already has a lot. It's not just FE I take this stance with - I'd rather see new franchises than revisit an old franchise, and within a revisited franchise I'd rather see different games represented than the same one several times over.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know, for how ridiculously popular he's become, I'm surprised there isn't a Dimitri support thread yet.
"I will tear that head of your shoulders, and hang it from the gates of embar!"
-his reaction when everyone from tree houses gets in except him.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
SwSh's getting spirits in Smash

and we still haven't gotten 3 Houses and Astral Chain spirits think emoji
That's another one for the graveyard, even though a Gen 8 Pokemon didnt feel that likely for DLC 5

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
And then there's me, never having played a Fire Emblem game. I say: let's get ____ from Fire Emblem ___!

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
For me Edelgard for sure. Byleth might have a more interesting moveset potential but Edelgard is by far the more interesting character from the game itself.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was firmly against another Fire emblem rep but I think three houses did such a good job creating a Lord with a diverse moveset that I wouldn't really mind Byleth in smash, sbe would be a cool character to add.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Edelgard without a doubt. Much more of a personality, a full on axe moveset which we still don't have yet, and much more aesthetically diverse.

Also helps that she's my third favorite Fire Emblem character in general. :p

osby

Smash Obsessed
Claude

I want Byleth more but Edelgard would create much less salt, so her, I guess.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Claude

I want Byleth more but Edelgard would create much less salt, so her, I guess.
Edelgard would create less salt amongst Smash fans, though for FE fans I could actually see them specifically being more salty. She is the most divisive of the major characters in FE from what I can tell.

WarriorWho85

Smash Rookie
Can we please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go one game without Fire Emblem getting special treatment?

Any possible argument you can make for their inclusion can be made for tons of other franchises -AND- with the advantage of adding a whole new universe to Smash Bros, instead of one we have become irritatingly familiar with for several games in a row.

I don't hate FE. I've played most of the series and it has some of my favorite characters in it. But I would really rather let new franchises take the stage and shine, instead of just giving more to a franchise that already has a lot. It's not just FE I take this stance with - I'd rather see new franchises than revisit an old franchise, and within a revisited franchise I'd rather see different games represented than the same one several times over.
I wholeheartedly agree. I've never played an FE game, but really enjoy some of their fighters, particularly Ike. That said, there are so many "more worlds", as Sakurai said, to explore.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Smash 4 had a female, why not Ultimate's?
I never said it couldn't happen, I just said that I disagree with the notion that we should have WOOMAN for the sake of MOAR WOOMAN. (I know I've said it before, but I said it again.) If there are more characters that get in that happen to be women, then okay. If not, then oh well.

Hey wait a second...
Edelgard is Byleth?
How did you know?
1572813471563.png

(I'd prefer Byleth BTW.)
Also how does Dimitri not have his own support thread yet?
WHat are you talking about?
I agree with that. That is crazy. I forgot the source, but I remember seeing on some poll that Dimitri was the most popular of the three lords despite Edelgard (who was the least popular lord on that poll) supposedly being deployed more often. In any case, make sure to remember D.A.B.:
Dimitri
Alexandre
Blaiddyd
1572121568489.png
"I will tear that head of your shoulders, and hang it from the gates of embar!"
-his reaction when everyone from tree houses gets in except him.
Can't wait for that sweet Hanneman DLC.
Hmm...

You know, as far as future DLC goes, I'm on the belief that if Geno appears as a playable character, he's not going to be part of a new set of rules for speculation, but rather an exception to what we've already seen.

But then again, no Astral Chain or Three Houses spirits. I want to think they're just odd coincidences and not an omen to what's coming down the line.
I think Three Houses especially is likely, but I agree. They aren't locks just because "OOOOOOO they have no SpIIRiTs".
And then there's me, never having played a Fire Emblem game. I say: let's get ____ from Fire Emblem ___!
Alm from Fire Emblem Gaiden

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I'm leaning more towards Byleth cuz I think there's a lot to work with for a unique moveset, but Edelgard does have the advantage of being more aesthetically unique and bringing a new weapon into the mix. Tbh you can't really go wrong with either one and they both have their merits, so I'd be happy with any Three Houses rep we get.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Well, now that the word destiny has been mentioned how p*ssed off would ya'll be if a DESTINY REP was added to the game?
IconDestiny Soldiers.png
IconDestiny Soldiers (3).png
IconDestiny Soldiers (2).png

if you want one that's cool too, i just know that a lot of people say eww

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's hope for first party content !!

Also I definitely see Byleth getting in. We didn't have a proper Fire Emblem newcomer this time and Three Houses did amazingly well, and is probably the new direction of the franchise. Byleth also enjoys popularity from what I've seen, unlike Corrin who was shoehorned in.

Make it happen.
I prefer Dimitri honestly, but out of those two? Byleth, easily. They're the main character after all.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

I would be happy with FE 3H getting a rep, although it would feel weird for it to get one and not Pokemon SwSh... Maybe Sakurai just has a much bigger attachment to Fire Emblem, and perhaps he might not want to negotiate with The Pokemon Company for another character right after Incineroar since they can be stingy with how their IP is represented (i.e. the Smash 4 Pokemon amiibos in Super Mario Maker not having their own sounds).

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Well, now that the word destiny has been mentioned how p*ssed off would ya'll be if a DESTINY REP was added to the game?
View attachment 247323View attachment 247324View attachment 247325

if you want one that's cool too, i just know that a lot of people say eww
Depends on how I'm feeling at the time and who's already in. But I think I wouldn't be as butthurt as I would be if it were someone from Overwatch. (I'd even take Fortnite over that dumpster fire.)

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
CAN WE GET SOME LOOGI'S MANSION 3 SPIRITS BOOOOOOOOOOOY

Depends on how I'm feeling at the time and who's already in. But I think I wouldn't be as butthurt as I would be if it were someone from Overwatch. (I'd even take Fortnite over that dumpster fire.)
Let's be real. Nobody wants this.
IconJonesy.png

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fire Emblem owns it's continued existence and popularity thanks to Smash. Let them get special treatment. It actually makes sense here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom