• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

SwSh's getting spirits in Smash

and we still haven't gotten 3 Houses and Astral Chain spirits think emoji
Does this mean, Pikachu disconfirmed?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wonder why these spirits are using Ken Sugimori's art when they couldn't get that for base game Pokemon?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It isn't desires. It's all guesses.
Even if that were the case. You're still yelling at people for having a difference of opinion and warping the conversation to what your opinions are. I just wish you could see why someone would hate that.

Does this mean, Pikachu disconfirmed?
Aw darn. Pikachu with a modeled in mouth was my one true DLC dream! lol

KillerCage

Smash Master
I don’t know if this topic has died down yet and if it has please ignore this
Lesley Look, I have to be brutally honest right now, saying that your going to attack this thread if 5 isn’t female is not only toxic, but suffocating and selfish.
This is like if I threw a hissy fit every time Sackboy didn’t get in, it just doesn’t work. Many of us have things we want to see but can get, but you just can’t bring the rest of us down with you, now our first reactions if 5 is Lloyd is something is “Uh oh” because your forcing your beliefs and opinions on us and making people feel guilty for having wish lists that don’t include females, you just can’t do that
Again, if this argument passed already then ignore this
This argument is still going I'm afraid.

Well, gotta tell the moderators that. If FP5 is indeed male, prepare your block buttons for a couple days because this woman's is gonna bust. But other than that, I am perfectly fine with it.

I've already told @Plank08 about it and I'm fine. Y'all can block me for the next couple of days up until I've settled down. Should FP5 be male, then I'm more than worthy of this temporary suspension.

What’s your stance on companies reappearing for different characters after the pass? As in, do you think it’s possible for us to get another Sega/Square/Microsoft rep after the pass? I personally believe that we’ll only be getting one rep per company only based on what we’ve seen so far, but I’d love to be proven wrong.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Don't forget the most important maxim of Smash speculation.

Nothing means anything.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Alright. Here's an interesting thought (since there is little in the way of news or leaks). I was thinking about what the future of DLC could look like and realized something about my "most wanted" list, namely that there are two categories of desire for me.

The first category is a general want. This want extends beyond personal experience and preference, absorbing part of the fan base's desires. These are those characters that I want in the game not necessarily because I personally like the character or have played their game, but because of what they'll bring to Smash (like Simon and Sonic were). In some cases, I actually don't like their franchise! However, I can't deny the impact or importance of the addition. These include: Crash, Doomguy, Tracer, Travis, and Rayman.

The second category is hype. It's those characters that, if added, I can see myself jumping off of my couch for (like Banjo and Kazooie, Shulk, and Mega Man). These are the characters I have actually been requesting and/or campaigning for. Their franchises are ones I indulge in because they are incredible, making their addition to Smash the stuff of dreams for me. These are those characters I main because of their inherent value, regardless of their moveset. These include: Scorpion, Isaac, Geno, Dovahkiin, Steve, and the impossible Master Chief.

The cool thing is I'll be happy if either of these lists have anyone get in, but the hype list brings more overall joy. Looking at your wants, who fits into which category for you?
We're in similar limbos for general wants and hype. Crash is my general want, but he's the most expected so I won't be as hyped for the dude as I would be..

My hype is literally MK content. Scorpion is my last hype third party and has incredible obstacles. Once Scorpion is playable in Smash, I will be completely board of Smash third party speculation.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Hmm...looks up older Game Awards winners...
The list of Game of the Year winners:
2014 - Dragon Age: Inquisition
2015 - The Witcher 3
2016 - Overwatch
2017 - Breath of the Wild
2018 - God of War

Some real interesting potential picks there. We've talked Kratos and Tracer before but I never really thought about the Witcher or Dragon Age for Smash. Other series who were nominated but didn't win in the last 3 years, excluding Nintendo games,series that already have a rep, or series that would be 4th party

2016:
Uncharted 4 (Please give me this Sakurai)
Doom
Inside
Titanfall 2

2017:
Horizon Zero Dawn
PubG

2018:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Celeste
Monster Hunter World
Red Dead Redemption 2

So I think a lot of these series could be contenders for a VGA awards reveal.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
We're in similar limbos for general wants and hype. Crash is my general want, but he's the most expected so I won't be as hyped for the dude as I would be..

My hype is literally MK content. Scorpion is my last hype third party and has incredible obstacles. Once Scorpion is playable in Smash, I will be completely board of Smash third party speculation.
Well, if Scorpion does come (which I doubt given that MK is banned in Japan) he won't be FP5

D

Deleted member

Even if that were the case. You're still yelling at people for having a difference of opinion and warping the conversation to what your opinions are. I just wish you could see why someone would hate that
Then show me the feeling if we do get a female fighter.

Don't forget the most important maxim of Smash speculation.

Nothing means anything.
Yet everyone is jumping over conclusions left and right

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman

Scorpion is my favorite video game character of all time. If he makes it in, I will completely forgive Nintendo and the Smash team of their unfair treatment of the Golden Sun franchise.

Jokes aside, he would be so cool. And his moveset could be so amazing! Sure, he's a fighting game character, but instead of pulling a Terry/Ryu/Ken, his "gimmick" would be based around his spear and amplifying his moves (like in MKX and MK11).

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys, just wanted to come buy and announce that I got an awesome/potential tool in the works for use in Smash Ultimate speculation. Currently getting it checked by several people, and hope to have the final draft out this weekend. It may or not stick due to future game updates, but I think it could be an interesting guide. :shades:

By the way, it's 8 pages long. So, it's definitely a hefty guidebook.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's still pretty suspicious that out of Nintendo's 2019 hits in Astral Chain (so glad it got a nomination for best Action Game, even if it's standing up against the likes of Devil May Cry V) and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, they don't have any sort of spirit representation at all. Games like Tetris 99 and Daemon X Machina and now Sword and Shield got spirits yet Astral Chain and Three Houses have still managed to avoid Galeem's wrath for now.

It certainly feels like they've been set up for a possible newcomer addition post-pass. Which would be great since both games have characters that would bring something fresh to Smash. Akira Howard tag-teaming with various Legions with a fast-paced combat style, Byleth being able to manipulate time, wield the Sword of the Creator or call upon Battalions, Edelgard for being an axe-fighter and armoured knight archetype fighter, Dimitri with a no-holds-barred fighting style with a lance or Claude using archery, deception or wyvern riding... (SoulCalibur Team, ArcSystem Works, get to making a Three Houses fighting game)

As for which SwSh Pokémon I'd want, I can't say I have found a preference that I would like to see in Smash. Cinderace would be redundant since we've got two Fire types already, Intelleon isn't all that different from Greninja in terms of stealth archetypes and admittedly not a big fan of Baboom. It'd be interesting if it were a Pokémon outside the Starter or Legendary branches, which we haven't seen since Lucario.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, just wanted to come buy and announce that I got an awesome/potential tool in the works for use in Smash Ultimate speculation. Currently getting it checked by several people, and hope to have the final draft out this weekend. It may or not stick due to future game updates, but I think it could be an interesting guide. :shades:

By the way, it's 8 pages long. So, it's definitely a hefty guidebook.
Possibly.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
...Isn't there someone with that tag?

EDIT: Yup, it's N3ON N3ON . Knew my short-term memory was not betraying me.
Yup. That was my joke. I'll be here all week.

(Procrastinating as usual.)

Then show me the feeling if we do get a female fighter.
You'll likely get a bunch of "I'm happy for you"'s from me and a bunch of other people on the boards if/when your wish comes true. In the meantime, think about what we've been saying. A lot of it is simply griping but just as much of it is meant to help you, and I believe that it can if you take it to heart.

Or maybe you just need time like I did in the previous game's DLC cycle. Oh boy. If you want a cringe fest look up my older posts about the veterans.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

Well this sucks. If they're releasing spirits for SwSh now, then that greatly reduces the odds of a Gen 8 rep.

What are some new gen Pokémon you would pick?

I would personally still love a lot of prior gen Pokémon in the game. Lycanroc could be interesting or maybe Lunala. I'm a little tired of starters being the Pokémon of choice to add.
I would replace Incineroar with Tsareena and add Rillaboom. I love Grass types.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I still think it's possible we could see other characters from those companies later down the line. It would be pretty lame if every single character had to be from a different company.
Well for fighter pass 2, Sakurai said they were bringing more game worlds together. So technically characters can be from the same company just different games, and new worlds that have yet to be added to Smash. That also mean characters from game worlds already added into Smash probably won't be featured, so I wouldn't expect Pokémon or Fire Emblem in this pass, or have a high chance of them being featured.
...Huh.

Glad to see that speculation is well and no major arguments have occurred in here while I was busy.
Yep thank goodness no one started any argue- *yell while running away*Down with Britannia! Down with Britannia!
Soon it’ll be 10 days since that hidden video was uploaded. Think a direct may be announced tomorrow?
I hope so, I much rather they just reveal the 5th character already, and just start fresh, and reveal the 1st character of the new fighter pass at the VGA.

Makes me wonder which Gen starter is the most popular? Masuda likes the Scorbunny line and I do too. And who's the most popular Gen 8 Pokémon outside of that?

And if I hear Wooloo I'm taking it's wool and making a blanket out of it.

D

Deleted member

You'll likely get a bunch of "I'm happy for you"'s from me and a bunch of other people on the boards if/when your wish comes true. In the meantime, think about what we've been saying. A lot of it is simply griping but just as much of it is meant to help you, and I believe that it can if you take it to heart
And should I take it as a compliment? Man, I hate this...

I mean there's nothing else really to do. We're all guilty of jumping to conclusions when there's no evidence that points to anything concrete.
I can't beliee I always eat my own words.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Possibly.
Yeah, you do make a good point. Not every tool or "theory" in Smash speculation has turned out well in the end. It's certainly possible this one ends up via the same fate.

However, the issue with almost every theory that has come about in Smash speculation is the "theory" moniker itself. A theory is something concrete, or is at least backed up with a lot of data. The aim I'm trying to curb is using the "theory" moniker outright, because it does require more data. But, I'm getting it out there now because the implications of it could be significant.

Another way "theories" I feel don't work out well in Smash is due to them trying to predict the content itself. Which I feel skews the perspective. My aim is to provide a framework and tool for the users to use it as they see fit. Think of something like Einstein's General Theory of Relativity (obviously mine doesn't come even close to Einstein's importance, but this is the closest example I can think of), which allowed other scientists to finish his equations and fine extraneous solutions.

The closest failed theory I have really seen have a lot of effort put into it was Blog Theory. I applaud the people who worked on it just because of how much dedication they had toward it. And there was legit numbers involved. But I think it fell short by the second point I mentioned earlier. It tried to predict a finite amount. With my tool, I hope to provide a parameter for the end user to take advantage of and find their own potential solutions.

Anyways, that's all about what I have to say. As stated, things can change in an instant, and what I'm working on could be obselete in several months. So we'll just have to wait and see lol.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Huh, RE2 got quite a few nominations this year. Smash also got a few nominations as well. Not saying we're definitely getting an RE character announced for Smash, but... let's just say the S.T.A.R.S. are starting to align. :p

D

Deleted member

YO DID RILLABOOM JUST ****ING LOSE WHILE I WAS AWAY? IT CAN'T BE! @ShotoStar: Endgame Gentlepanda Gentlepanda @punished faygo Hinata Hinata Can we say a prayer for our boy?

Sword and Shield getting spirits but not Three Houses is definitely a hmmmmm moment.

Here's hoping for Edelgard.
Mfw Edelgard blames the spirits for societies problems and declares war on Galeem.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to be honest, the fact that we keep getting Spirits for a lot of new releases its making me think they are quite more telling in regards of disconfirmations. I kinda think its pretty much a they disconfirm until not, just like Assist Trophies.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Huh, RE2 got quite a few nominations this year. Smash also got a few nominations as well. Not saying we're definitely getting an RE character announced for Smash, but... let's just say the S.T.A.R.S. are starting to align. :p
Eh. If one were to take the number of nominations as anything, then we're getting Death Stranding and Control content before anything else.. >_>

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Do we even know what the heck that game is now?
From all the press and discussions I've seen, it's an experience more than it is a game.
Everyone that seems to express enjoyment seems to frame it as, "Well, it's not fun and it's kind of tedious and aggravating to actually play... but everyone should experience this!"

Or people just say, "LOL Walking Simulator" and move on. >_>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom