• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If it's Capcom, it needs to be the only franchise to remain loyal to Nintendo from the Capcom 5.

Vanessa Schneider - pretends to be relevant!
Literally who?

seriously I googled her and all I see are real women with that name

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
2B would be a pretty nice surprise since I'm currently playing through NieR Automata and enjoying it so far. I'd kill for some of the music from that game to make it in Smash, too.
If 2B were to make it to Smash I'd almost be hyped as much for the music as for the character herself. Also, keep playing, you're in for a ride lol.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Literally who?

seriously I googled her and all I see are real women with that name
Vanessa Z. Schneider from P.N.03.

One of the "Capcom Five" games for GameCube that were created as a show of support for the system.
Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 went to PS2.
Resident Evil 4 went to every electronic device in existence.
Dead Phoenix died and never rose.

So P.N.03 was the last remaining exclusive of the bunch.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
It's better if everyone just...sympathized with my caused.
I’m gonna be honest, it’s hard to sympathize with you and your cause when you act with hostility towards others’ wants and suggestions of a male character. Someone wanting a male fighter is equally as valid as your wanting of a female fighter, yet that doesn’t give either party the justification to talk down on the other.

D

Deleted member

I’m gonna be honest, it’s hard to sympathize with you and your cause when you act with hostility towards others’ wants and suggestions of a male character. Someone wanting a male fighter is equally as valid as your wanting of a female fighter, yet that doesn’t give either party the justification to talk down on the other.
It's because my situation is critical. You all know I have no expectations for Season 2, so this is why I act now. Fighter#5 is going to be a critical spot for me because this may be the last chance I'll get a female fighter. If any of you says that I should wait for next season, then damn it again.

You're all complaining I'm problematic? Let me be problematic.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Speaking of reveals that fit the TGA. What if we get a reveal of Gordon Freeman?
Eh, I feel like the final Fighter Pass will be less climactic and more in line with the relative lows of Ken + Incineroar, Corrin etc. Gordon wouldn't fit.

But a Valve character DOES have potential... for immense disappointment.

Presenting.. Artifact: The Valve Smash Bros Character!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I just got back from work but how the hell did Jump Force get on this category?
NSFW Language:

Then you can just go with the others then. You never cared for my cause, so why don't you join them, huh? I was not an attention craver anyway, I'm just here to send a message.
If you ACTUALLY cared about your cause, you'd realize that making a perpetual nuisance of yourself about it actually turns people AGAINST your cause, not generates support for it.

You're all complaining I'm problematic? Let me be problematic.
I mean, I'm pretty sure that's straight up against the forum rules. So...

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Vanessa Z. Schneider from P.N.03.

So P.N.03 was the last remaining exclusive of the bunch.
>smokes a cigar and leans on a rocking chair.
That's a name I haven't heard in a loooong time.

If I'm being honest here, it just comes across as toxic feminism.

D

Deleted member

SwSh's getting spirits in Smash

and we still haven't gotten 3 Houses and Astral Chain spirits think emoji

Last edited by a moderator:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

Oh man, this I did NOT expect. I’m really not expecting any first party reps any time soon outside of the pass, as a SwSh rep would’ve been one of the front runners.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Well then, that puts my ocd to bed.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
It's because my situation is critical. You all know I have no expectations for Season 2, so this is why I act now. Fighter#5 is going to be a critical spot for me because this may be the last chance I'll get a female fighter. If any of you says that I should wait for next season, then damn it again.
You really need to prepare yourself mentally for a worst case scenario though. Also some distraction from the whole female representation issue would be nice. Do you play all the female characters in Smash? If not, I suggest trying to pick a new one up. Get lost in their moveset and trying to learn them. Anything that allows you to cope better with potential disappointment in the future.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's better if everyone just...sympathized with my caused.
People can understand you and sympathize with you while also having wants and goals separate from your own as they should. But you also have to in turn understand and sympathize with the wants and goals of others. When all you've done is yell at people and put down their desires because they're not yours it's no wonder why people are upset with you.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
His trailer starts with a mii of Gordon before the actual Gordon walks up and kicks his ass out of the kitchen.
You made me want Gordon Freeman to have the voice of Gordon Ramsay in-game.

I LOVE IT.

Hmm, and it's the starters' initial forms. So does this mean Gen VIII is dead for playable characters?

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Here's an interesting thought (since there is little in the way of news or leaks). I was thinking about what the future of DLC could look like and realized something about my "most wanted" list, namely that there are two categories of desire for me.

The first category is a general want. This want extends beyond personal experience and preference, absorbing part of the fan base's desires. These are those characters that I want in the game not necessarily because I personally like the character or have played their game, but because of what they'll bring to Smash (like Simon and Sonic were). In some cases, I actually don't like their franchise! However, I can't deny the impact or importance of the addition. These include: Crash, Doomguy, Tracer, Travis, and Rayman.

The second category is hype. It's those characters that, if added, I can see myself jumping off of my couch for (like Banjo and Kazooie, Shulk, and Mega Man). These are the characters I have actually been requesting and/or campaigning for. Their franchises are ones I indulge in because they are incredible, making their addition to Smash the stuff of dreams for me. These are those characters I main because of their inherent value, regardless of their moveset. These include: Scorpion, Isaac, Geno, Dovahkiin, Steve, and the impossible Master Chief.

The cool thing is I'll be happy if either of these lists have anyone get in, but the hype list brings more overall joy. Looking at your wants, who fits into which category for you?

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

While this doesn't 100% deconfirm a SwSh rep post-pass, a rep from there seems unlikely now (can't guarantee anything as anything can happen). I'm surprised they went with the official art compared to the other Pokemon spirits having their Dream World art used. After all, this is promotion for Sword and Shield.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
As much as I want either Morrigan or Amaterasu, if we're getting a Capcom character at TGA it'll probably be a heavy hitter like Dante, Leon/Jill, or Phoenix Wright
But the question is would Sakurai really care about heavy hitters? He clearly states the he places more importance on a character being fun to play, than if they're new, old or recognizable. Not that your choices wouldn't be fun to play, but that it kinda evens the playing field for most Capcom fighter and other characters, and if he did care about heavy hitters, he has a fresh fighters pass ripe for the picking that he can easily tease, which is all types of hype in and of itself

Plank08

Smash Lord

Oh thank god

D

Deleted member

You really need to prepare yourself mentally for a worst case scenario though. Also some distraction from the whole female representation issue would be nice. Do you play all the female characters in Smash? If not, I suggest trying to pick a new one up. Get lost in their moveset and trying to learn them. Anything that allows you to cope better with potential disappointment in the future
You do say my disappointment is inevitable. You already jumped to the conclusion that FP5 is indeed male.

People can understand you and sympathize with you while also having wants and goals separate from your own as they should. But you also have to in turn understand and sympathize with the wants and goals of others. When all you've done is yell at people and put down their desires because they're not yours it's no wonder why people are upset with you.
It isn't desires. It's all guesses.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
To put it simply, the Fighters Pass does not feel right without a female character. If Smash 4 gave us Bayonetta, why not now? Why act later when you can act now? Why set your hopes for the future when you can have easy hopes at the present time?

It feels incomplete to me.
You don't get to say hopes are "easy" when you're constantly acting pessimistic about FP5.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
While this doesn't 100% deconfirm a SwSh rep post-pass, a rep from there seems unlikely now (can't guarantee anything as anything can happen). I'm surprised they went with the official art compared to the other Pokemon spirits having their Dream World art used. After all, this is promotion for Sword and Shield.
I'm honestly a little glad that gen 8 might not get a rep. I was pretty disappointed with how the starter designs turned out and there were only a handful of gen 8 designs that I actually liked.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Soon it’ll be 10 days since that hidden video was uploaded. Think a direct may be announced tomorrow?
Thanks for bringing that up, amiga! I legit forgot that was a thing. Seriously, what was up with that? How long do they take to reveal the secret uploads?

I bet it looks like this. Probably.
Yeah, but ya should've posted the Zero Suit Samus vs. Captain Marvel clip with that long wall combo into the "This is Sparta" ringout kick. I get why you didn't (because that was curbstomp battle in my favor), but those are their best costumes, IMO. I mean... it took me 25 minutes to perfectly recreate Samus' bangs out of stickers. There's so much detail in both of those outfits. D: Underneath Captain Marvel's clothes is her oldschool Miss Marvel costume. The awesome looking beatdown was just a bonus.

Fun fact: It's hard to see in that video, but Cassandra has little stars on the upper blue portion of her boots, red and white stripes on her gloves, and an eagle on the back. It was my take on her version of Captain America. I was striving for cuteness over accuracy.

Sophitia has on a mishmash of both of siblings' style; it's Cassandra's clothing and hair, but with Sophitia's accessories and color scheme. The makeup she has on makes her look more youthful. My sister made that one. I did one for Cassandra but in reverse. It's suppose to confuse online opponents, but when they fight each other, we call it the "Bish stole my look" matchup, and it's no joke. What you saw was all fun and games, but the next match led up to one of those because of how that one ended.

Even when that **** is preventable she goes for the anime ending.
But those are the most memorable ones. :052:

If it's Capcom, it needs to be the only franchise to remain loyal to Nintendo from the Capcom 5.

Vanessa Schneider - pretends to be relevant!
And for the first time in Smash history, we'd have an original character demoted to Echo status. :ultbayonetta:

Last edited:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
You do say my disappointment is inevitable. You already jumped to the conclusion that FP5 is indeed male.
I said no such thing. I think there's a good chance it's another guy, but a female character is certainly not out of the question. However, you already almost completely lost it the few times a leak seemed credible and was hinting towards a male character. This is why I don't want to imagine what happens when the actual character is announced and he turns out to be a guy. This is why I can't stress enough to prepare yourself mentally, for your own well-being.

I'm just trying to give advice here, but other than that I can't do much to help. Please do consider my suggestion to pick up some more female characters that are already in Smash too. I'm hoping it might help, but there's only so much I can suggest that may possibly make you feel better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I said no such thing. I think there's a good chance it's another guy, but a female character is certainly not out of the question. However, you already almost completely lost it the few times a leak seemed credible and was hinting towards a male character. This is why I don't want to imagine what happens when the actual character is announced and he turns out to be a guy. This is why I can't stress enough to prepare yourself mentally, for your own well-being.

I'm just trying to give advice here, but other than that I can't do much to help. Please do consider my suggestion to pick up some more female characters that are already in Smash too. I'm hoping it might help, but there's only so much I can suggest that may possible make you feel better.
I've already had my fill of base roster content but it would not hurt if it were DLC. Then again, I want to get excited about DLC, but sometimes base roster stuff can be boring. And what if the final character breaks the game?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Baboom... Lose

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
I've already had my fill of base roster content but it would not hurt if it were DLC. Then again, I want to get excited about DLC, but sometimes base roster stuff can be boring. And what if the final character breaks the game?
There's more than 70 characters, base roster stuff is never boring to me. Whenever I feel slightly bored of my main characters it's very easy to pick up a new one and have a lot of fun again. I recently started playing Corrin and it's been great learning new stuff with her, and it makes me more motivated to play in general.

D

Deleted member

People want to move from the same **** as always but continue with the old **** as always ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Here’s the Kamiya tweet I was talking about earlier, roughly translates to “I was drinking with Takumi the other day, and he asked, “Why no Phoenix Wright?”” The context was for smash, as the same day he tweeted this he also released the poll. Seeing as this came about AFTER Sakurai’s tweet relating to the pass being decided, this could be seen as a deconfirmation, but Takumi literally denied Phoenix being in UMvC3 even after he was leaked, so...make of this what you will. Takumi hasn’t been directly involved with the mainline series for a long time, so it’s possible he wouldn’t know anything about negotiations amongst Capcom and Nintendo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's more than 70 characters, base roster stuff is never boring to me. Whenever I feel slightly bored of my main characters it's very easy to pick up a new one and have a lot of fun again. I recently started playing Corrin and it's been great learning new stuff with her, and it makes me more motivated to play in general.
But for me, it does sometimes.

I don't feel comfortable talking about base roster stuff right now. All my attention is for the DLC. That is where my desires lie.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
What are some new gen Pokémon you would pick?

I would personally still love a lot of prior gen Pokémon in the game. Lycanroc could be interesting or maybe Lunala. I'm a little tired of starters being the Pokémon of choice to add.
Darkrai, Tapu Lele, and Tsareena for me

Garuda

Smash Ace
Here’s the Kamiya tweet I was talking about earlier, roughly translates to “I was drinking with Takumi the other day, and he asked, “Why no Phoenix Wright?”” The context was for smash, as the same day he tweeted this he also released the poll. Seeing as this came about AFTER Sakurai’s tweet relating to the pass being decided, this could be seen as a deconfirmation, but Takumi literally denied Phoenix being in UMvC3 even after he was leaked, so...
I can accept no playable Nick... as long as we get the Steel Samurai theme.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sword and Shield getting spirits but not Three Houses is definitely a hmmmmm moment.

Here's hoping for Edelgard.

D

Deleted member

Baboom.....lose? no... NO he was supposed to win! but.. he.. he.. he... lost... : (

KatKit

Smash Lord
Oh man, this I did NOT expect. I’m really not expecting any first party reps any time soon outside of the pass, as a SwSh rep would’ve been one of the front runners.
Astral Chain, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, etc. Plus franchises with zero playable reps yet. Pokemon was pretty far down on my expected 1st party list TBH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom