• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We may not get a Western third-party character, but it may be more to do with circumstances.

It's not like Western franchises haven't ever been considered (Banjo-Kazooie, Golden Eye...let's just say Rare games), and Minecraft is a big hit everywhere darn Fortnite.

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Anyone think there's a good chance an FF15 character might be a thing so square can push their FF15 agenda?

Zillagod88

Smash Rookie
(OUTDATED)

Alright so one character has been revealed...
Let me keep this brief

!THIS IS NOT A LEAK!
1. A new fire emblem rep.
2. Rex.
3. Indie Rep
4.???

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm 80% certain that all 5 of the first DLC packs (I say first, because I believe we will get more down the line.) will be 3rd party characters.
And if that's true, I'm 80% certain one will be Crash Bandicoot.
So 80% of 80% means that I give Crash Bandicoot a 64% chance of being a DLC newcomer.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Here's My Speculation of who the rest of the DLC Fighters are[Note: Not in any Order whatsoever]:
1. Geno(Stage: Forest Maze; Music: Beware the Mushrooms)
2. Banjo & Kazooie(Stage: Spiral Mountain; Music: Either the starting theme, or Grunt's Lair's theme
3. Linkle[Stage: Linkle's Farm; Music: Linkle's Theme(Hyrule Warriors)]
4. Bandana Waddle Dee[Stage: Megaton Punch Arena; Music: Megaton Punch theme; Why? Because that was his first appearence in Kirby Superstar]

Last edited:

FinalSmash

Smash Rookie
My Dlc prediction
#2 Erdrick Dragon quest Vl (square enix)
#3 Sans Undertale (Tony Fox)
#4 Banjo Banjo and kazzoie (Microsoft)
#5 Nintendo Character like Fire emblem 3 houses

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
My DLC Prediction/(mostly) Wishlist (order is entirely arbitrary)
1: Joker (Confirmed)
2: Geno
3: Banjo
4: Rayman/Lloyd Irving
5: One last Nintendo character in the wings like (but not necessarily) Sylux/Pokry/Edelgard

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
My DLC Prediction
#1 Joker - Persona 5 (Atlus) (Confirmed)
#2 Erdrick - Dragon Quest III (Square Enix)
#3 Lloyd - Tales of Symphonia (Namco)
#4 Crash - Crash Bandicoot (Activision)
#5 Rayman - Rayman Series (Ubisoft)
IMG_20181218_025049.jpg

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
Joker (Confirmed)
Erdrick
Monster Hunter
2B
Minecraft Steve
(unrealistic, but dream characters: Geno, Sora, Banjo, Crash, Kratos, Paper Mario)
(pls no Sans)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Doubt it will amount to anything, but any of these characters would be amazing for Smash.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
If anything these characters are disconfirmed. Wouldn’t this violate an NDA?
Idk its not like he is asking, "which of these characters do you think we selected for DLC?" I'm not very well versed in NDAs but I would guess its not, "you can literally never use this character name and Smash in the same sentence."

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Idk its not like he is asking, "which of these characters do you think we selected for DLC?" I'm not very well versed in NDAs but I would guess its not, "you can literally never use this character name and Smash in the same sentence."
Yeah, but it still doesn’t bode well.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Yeah, but it still doesn’t bode well.
Oh I agree lol if they had someone on that list in as DLC and they didn't win that would be a pretty big disappointment lol "Oh hey you guys actually wanted this guy? Well good news, we picked the guy in last right now!"

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
My thoughts are:
  1. Unless Nintendo is asking for one Platinum character and the winner gets in, this means nothing.
  2. I hope Amaterasu wins.
  3. Dante will win because he is the only character that isn't from a dead franchise, commercial flop, or a dead commercial flop. Also he's getting a new game soon.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Keep in mind that Sakurai stopped posting on Twitter so often because every time that he liked/was playing a game, people assumed that it had to tie into Smash somehow. Maybe he's just a fan of video games, and not every game that he likes is necessarily going to be included in Smash Bros.
I agree with you, but there may be some truth to it nonetheless.

It did seem weird that the first character chosen was from a game that Sakurai liked to the point where he designed the menu's after the game. I wouldn't doubt this was in the works for some time as it was less than a month from Sakurai saying "We picked them" to the character being shown off. It could be nothing and I'm over thinking it, yet I think we should wait and see what the rest are. I think we could be reading too much into one character and they end up showing something like Captain Toad or something.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Assist Trophies don't deconfirm and it is a stupid fanrule which only exists because 'Didn't happen in Smash 4 so it can't happen'.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Assist Trophies don't deconfirm and it is a stupid fanrule which only exists because 'Didn't happen in Smash 4 so it can't happen'.
It has been heavily implied that Assist Trophies will not become playable in the same game in one of the Miiverse Pics of the Day (while discussing Waluigi no less). Opinions could have changed since then, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
May as well join the fray with my predictions.

Banjo-Kazooie; Spiral Mountain
Dante; Broken Bridge
Erdrick; Alefgard
Lloyd Irving; Tower of Salvation
Poochy; Yoshi's Crafted World stage (Secret reveal)

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Alright so one character has been revealed...
Let me keep this brief

!THIS IS NOT A LEAK!
1. A new fire emblem rep.
2. Rex.
3. Hat kid or Celeste. (Indie rep.)
4.???
The girl from Celeste is not called Celeste. That's the name of the mountain where the game takes place...

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
It has been heavily implied that Assist Trophies will not become playable in the same game in one of the Miiverse Pics of the Day (while discussing Waluigi no less). Opinions could have changed since then, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Pretty sure that was for Smash 4's base game.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
As I said, opinions could have changed (and I can see the logic in adding Waluigi if the outcry of his assist trophy status was big enough), but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Yea, I don't think its likely but it isn't impossible. Only Isaac and Waluigi stand a chance really.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
So... we have Robin, we're getting Joker, but when is my man Batman going to get announced!?
ZZfEcQyRTz-2.png

... I'm not sorry for this.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Terry Bogard
Hm...That's someone I don't see considered very often. I wonder how unique he would be though considering he's a fighting game character.

I wonder what she would play like? (Watches some footage of Nier Automata & 2B's inclusion in Soul Caliber)...So like, Bayonetta, but with twice the range...This scares me.

Also, do Platinum Games actually own the games they made as Clover Studios? I assumed they didn't but the article shocktarts17 posted says otherwise.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hm...That's someone I don't see considered very often. I wonder how unique he would be though considering he's a fighting game character.

I wonder what she would play like? (Watches some footage of Nier Automata & 2B's inclusion in Soul Caliber)...So like, Bayonetta, but with twice the range...This scares me.

Also, do Platinum Games actually own the games they made as Clover Studios? I assumed they didn't but the article shocktarts17 posted says otherwise.
Platinum Games doesn’t own the Clover IP, Capcom does. Hell, most of the time Platinum doesn’t even own the IP of games Platinum makes.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The lane system from Fatal Fury, or meter charging/MAX Mode from King of Fighters.
Having even more FG input-exclusive moves
His neutral B could be the Power Wave, which travels among the ground, while his input variant could be the Round Wave, which doesn't.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If we were getting a SNK rep, I'd personally rather they go for the Metal Slug guy. That'd be awesome!

sneakycrown

Smash Cadet
Considering Reggie said that they're not from a series already represented and supposed to surprise us, my guesses are

Joker (Confirmed)
Steve (Even though I don't want him)
Rayman
Crash
Banjo & Kazooie

I think Steve has a legitimate shot, as many do, since minecraft was extremely popular when the dlc was decided on

Rayman I think will get in purely on the fake leak from last smash. If Sakurai saw how excited people were, he may just pull him off.

Crash for smash probably would never happen in any other game, but in the Ultimate version? I have a hunch Sakurai and Nintendo would try, especially with the N. Sane trilogy coming out for switch.

And Banjo and Kazooie have been wanted since melee. If it can be done this game, it will. And they will be the last one revealed, I bet. Note, this is not a leak, just pure speculation.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Y'know that's kinda redundant for Reggie to say; as all veterans are in Ultimate, there can only be newcomers that are thus entirely new to the series. Maybe he just meant what we (tho maybe not the general public) already knew.

...Maybe unless he said it so it meant new series here??? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom