• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Come the 17th there's gonna be a mad dash to set up Pokemon support threads.
Anyone have any nicknames ready?

Grass: Cosplay DK
Water: Bondinja?
Fire would likely get something based on some famous football/soccer player. Bunndham? Doesn't really work.

On to another topic.
2B and seeing under the skirt: Emil's face pops in to block "creative photography".

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Fire would likely get something based on some famous football/soccer player. Bunndham? Doesn't really work.

On to another topic.
2B and seeing under the skirt: Emil's face pops in to block "creative photography".
Uh, starter evos ain't officially out yet. Might wanna spoiler that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

On to another topic.
The Fire one can be Flame Rooney

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
We talk about what went down in the Geno thread yet? Someone in there was claiming that DLC 5 was a thank you character to someone

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
We talk about what went down in the Geno thread yet? Someone in there was claiming that DLC 5 was a thank you character to someone
Elma as a thank you for Monolith Soft helping out with the development of BotW.

Nah but seriously what's this about now?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
We talk about what might have gone down in the Geno thread yet? Someone in there was claiming that DLC 5 was a thank you character to someone
Fatmanonice was speculating that, due to the personal nature of at least three of the DLC characters so far (Joker, Hero, and Terry are all from games and companies that have affected Sakurai on a personal level, and their inclusions can be considered "Thank You letters" to the company that owns them), the fifth Fighters Pass character will be someone that can also be considered a similar "Thank You letter" to their company.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Elma as a thank you for Monolith Soft helping out with the development of BotW.

Nah but seriously what's this about now?
what if it's a thank you to the company who helped develop Ultimate and still doesn't have a new character yet?

ergo

Bandai Namco?

seriously the stars are aligning - No returning Namco costumes from 4, Sakurai said PAC-MAN is "Namco's only character so far" or something to that effect...

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Fatmanonice was speculating that, due to the personal nature of at least three of the DLC characters so far (Joker, Hero, and Terry are all from games and companies that have affected Sakurai on a personal level, and their inclusions can be considered "Thank You letters" to the company that owns them), the fifth Fighters Pass character will be someone that can also be considered a similar "Thank You letter" to their company.
Can we please stop listening to Fatmanonice and thinking everything he says is some sort of leak?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Ah here we go. Thank you.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, I mean, considering Namco helped develop Smash Bros., I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Thank you to Namco for helping make the game. That aside, if it's a Thank you to another company, I wouldn't know which other one they'd thank.
Interesting. I mean, there can be an exception, if Banjo means anything. But are people going to now start looking at Sakurai interviews and which games he mentions?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
what if it's a thank you to the company who helped develop Ultimate and still doesn't have a new character yet?

ergo

Bandai Namco?

seriously the stars are aligning - No returning Namco costumes from 4, Sakurai said PAC-MAN is "Namco's only character so far" or something to that effect...
If that’s the case I’m hoping for Lloyd.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Ah, so it's just speculation, then. Remember, Fatmanonice is not an insider or leaker, he just speculates based on things he hears in Sabi's Discord. Interesting nonetheless, but Fatmanonice himself has said to not take his words as gospel several times.

Regardless, that could be taken in a lot of ways, not just "Namco is helping with Ultimate", but also "a series that Sakurai really likes", "a series that influenced Smash", "a thank you to one of Nintendo's business partners"...

In other words, it means very little on its own.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
i really hope we get someone from Falcom i feel Ys would be the perfect rep for them too it's got history and legacy and Adol Vs Link would be dope

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm still drunk on Color Theory, so I'm just thinking of orange characters, or characters commonly portrayed on an orange background (like Doom Slayer, but he's not it).
Amaterasu, anyone?
Would definitely be unique.

D

Deleted member

Whether or not it leaks, it ain't gonna be long before we know who FP5 is anyway. They're supposed to be out in February sometime, leaks kinda don't matter IMO when the window's that small.
Most likely either mid to late December or early January.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I'm still drunk on Color Theory, so I'm just thinking of orange characters, or characters commonly portrayed on an orange background (like Doom Slayer, but he's not it).
Amaterasu, anyone?
There's one character I can think of in relation to the color orange.
halflife.jpg

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So Check this Post out

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/484867694

So I know this could easily be a good guess. We've already had scenarios like this one, but like all the others it's something to keep in mind
Pretty skeptical of someone knowing the entire fighters pass in March, not gonna lie

Jon from Gamexplain wants to add fuel to Arle in Smash. I am personally not sure if it means anything, but people think he has sources, so I don't know.
He admitted he was joking in the next tweet

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Amaterasu, anyone?
I honestly wouldn't put any stock into colour theory at this point. With more post-pass DLC coming, you just really can't convince me that they won't ever repeat a colour on there. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Plant's colour were to be used for #5.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Not to piss off Lesley by speaking out against a female character, but Arle would be about as close to a "wasted slot" of a character that I can imagine.
I'd literally rather have this:
O-Tetrimino Head
T- Tetrimino Shoulders
I-Tetrimino Torso
S and Z-Tetrimino Arms
J and L-Tetrimino Legs
Call it "Tetris Man".

Last edited:

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
https://www.dexerto.com/smash/multi...mors-deconfirmed-prominent-leaker-1234475/amp

So I’m only here right now because I just read on dexerto that a lot of the popular speculations for FP5 got deconfirmed by this holy Vergeben guy. Which is interesting, I didn’t like any of those speculated characters anyway so it makes it more possible for someone I actually like getting in. But I also think it makes a Bandai Namco character a lot more likely. As much as I hate to admit it, I kinda see Heihachi as inevitable, it’s mostly just a matter of when. Harada and Sakurai are both hella aware of the demand for that character, especially after that Twitter fiasco, but whether they planned him during Ultimate’s development or not will be the factor of he’s FP5 or possibly a post-pass character. I would love to see KOS-MOS get in though, I’d come back to Smash for her and my trust in Sakurai would be restored. Or for any of my other desired characters really.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I honestly wouldn't put any stock into colour theory at this point. With more post-pass DLC coming, you just really can't convince me that they won't ever repeat a colour on there. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Plant's colour were to be used for #5.
The reason I give Color Theory the time of day is simple marketing.
It COULD be green, because Piranha Plant isn't in the Fighter's Pass.
But since the Fighter's Pass is marketed as a whole package, five different rainbow colors really makes the whole imagery of the Fighter's Pass look "pretty", which is more important than you'd think in marketing.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
A few opinions on things.

First, I think the chances of a Sony-owned character are a fat 0%. If the characters are just a response to your "dream picks. ", then ok, that's fine. Zeratul is like that for me. He would be so awesome, however I'm never ever counting on it. But even he has showed up on a Nintendo console, which is why I think those seriously wishing for Sony characters as of its a possibility should abandon those wishes as soon as possible. And as much as I want Master Chief, my fellow spartans should let go of that dreamz too.

Second, after Vergeben the Seer's statement this morning, I am also in the Bamco camp or the new company camo. However, I'm am not in the Capcom camp...the Campcom. In fact, I wouldn't even consider going near that camp during the fighter pass. They've got a ton of great characters and worlds, this is true. But I think Sakurai and Co. are trying to give all of their third-party partners more characters. Capcom was one of 2 third-party companies to get new fighters in the base roster. If they have anything coming, I think it's post-pass.

Yhurd (autocorrect didn't correct me, so...), I think Heihachi is going to be a Mii costume; Nightmare would awesome, but I don't see it happening; and KOS-MOS...I mean, maybe? But I think Lloyd is our guy. He's got the most going for him IMO (Sakurai interview comment about him, Mii costume in 4, popular in online polls, Tales Of series represented, unique design). At least for Bamco...

Calamitas

Smash Champion
But since the Fighter's Pass is marketed as a whole package, five different rainbow colors really makes the whole imagery of the Fighter's Pass look "pretty", which is more important than you'd think in marketing.
Except that those colours really aren't featured all that prominently in the marketing. And honestly, I'm having a hard time thinking of what shade of orange they'd use that'd even be all that distinct from BK's yellow.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

ergo

Bandai Namco?

The stars aren't just aligning, the one they're aligning for is also MAKING the stars! :dr^_^:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So if we go off of games that have touched Sakurai we just need to look at games Sakurai has played.

So effectively, that narrows it down to... oh, every video game.

It's definitely Waluigi.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I need to ask, didn't Sakurai mention playing Dark Souls at some point? Heck, didn't he show his game collection once and he had Bloodborne? I mean, thinking about that speculation that the last character is a "Thank You", wouldn't a Dark Souls character fit that well, not just with thanking Namco for helping with Smash, but to From Software for the series that would influence alot of games after it and help define the genre of difficult games?

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Colour Theory is just... weird... to me.

Everyone settled on orange, and then it was, "Which characters are orange?"

Which is... OK... Given the characters/colours we already have, it's reaching a bit, but I guess I can... kind of see how it makes for an argument of sorts.

Then it was, "Which characters have appeared on an orange background?", which is... yeah... It's more of a stretch, but at least there's something to hold onto.

But then I've seen people contending, "Well, X would fit colour theory because they feature colour Y and that looks rather fetching on an orange background."
And at that point, things are so subjective that literally anything fits.

It seems like it's kind of devolved into a loose concept that can be used to justify anyone at this point. >_>

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If you can explain why Roy is Green you can go ahead and think Color Theory means something, but as it stands, color means nothing to the character it's related to outside of aesthetic choices.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't listen to GX much, but if Jon raises a strange/unlikely choice that he isn't joking about or calling a pipe dream, and none of them challenge him on it too much, pay attention to that character.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If you can explain why Roy is Green you can go ahead and think Color Theory means something, but as it stands, color means nothing to the character it's related to outside of aesthetic choices.
True enough. But it's still fun to play detective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom