• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*sees your join date*

Oh.... this was before your time. I used to have a motto. "All leaks are bull**** until proven otherwise" :yoshi:
That's a good motto. Really there can be a lot of evidence for it or against it but since it can suddenly go one way or the other it's really not that good to invest much on it.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't think Shirou would be likely in the slightest, as he's a bland character with weak moveset potential and, as you observe, in literal sex scenes. Plus, ew, he just sucks. Mash is the only Fate character I can possibly see getting in, as FGO is huge, but even then I don't think it's ever going to happen.
Even though I have great disdain for the Fate series, I don't think Shirou would be too bland. I think a good idea for him (with a Rin echo) would be playing a Pokemon Trainer-esque role with the player controlling Saber, Gilgamesh, or Emiya, the series three most iconic servants.

Still holding hopes for Dragonborn VGA reveal and Prince of All Cosmos as our Namco rep (and again, before anyone mentions Pac Man's taunt as a hard decomfirmation, remember that Heihachi was added to it, too. It's not stopping Heihachi, so it's not stopping The Prince). It honestly makes me sad that he almost never appears in peoples' lists of possible Namco reps.

Last edited:

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Japan disagrees with you, especially with the more recent popularity polls. Just because Saber and Archer are much more popular doesn't make Shirou any less popular.

But that said, if putting in a character being used to represent Fate as a whole, that role definitely belongs to Saber, as the Servants are one of the main selling points and highlights of the series.

I agree. Shirou is the protagonist of Fate/Stay Night, but Saber is the face of the Fate franchise as a whole. I mean, look at how many versions of her there are. The more I think about it, the more nauseating it gets actually.

EDIT: There could actually be a lot potential for alt colors based on her different versions.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Has this been posted yet? Supposedly in the Mii hat video a camera angle was achieved that can't normally be achieved unless you're in a dev build or something?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
That was debunked already. It's possible to change camera angles in a modded version of Ultimate. Apparently it was one of the first things done for Ultimate mods.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That was debunked already. It's possible to change camera angles in a modded version of Ultimate. Apparently it was one of the first things done for Ultimate mods.
It can also be done in replays and given the generic Mii Fighter names, it's also a high possibility it was a replay.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So pretty much Yoshipost and that's it? Sounds like the only winning side, can I shamelessly join?
It's called Yo****posting and it's a sacred tradition that bothers me to this day.

:yoshi:

*sees your join date*

Oh.... this was before your time. I used to have a motto. "All leaks are bull**** until proven otherwise" :yoshi:
And I don't so much adhere to this principle as much I just recognize that it's the team that, by far, gives the least ****s either which way.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I agree. Shirou is the protagonist of Fate/Stay Night, but Saber is the face of the Fate franchise as a whole. I mean, look at how many versions of her there are. The more I think about it, the more nauseating it gets actually.
So many versions of her even if you don't count the ones who look like her, but aren't her, like Nero, Jeanne and Okita. Then there's Mordred who's both Saber and not Saber.
Combined with there being many Sakura faces and Rin faces(especially after the latest Grand Order event), you'd think even the actual in-game universe was biased for them.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
This was copied from the Geno thread but I wanted you guys to see it too
#67,112

Guys, I have this TGA thing some thought, and I have an idea:
So what if, since the mallow and Cacodemon mii costumes both look complete, which is definitely odd, what if, we get 2 back to back announcements, what do I mean? A mini direct in Dec 7 for Geno being #5 and a Gamer Awards announcement for Doomslayer, it makes so much sense!
Geno would make perfect since for a smash bros mini direct because all of his popularity comes from the smash community, and I think Sakurai will do something for our 1 year anniversary.
Doomslayer makes sense for a game awards announcement because he would make the perfect interruption reveal, like Joker and the Phantom thieves, The Host could be talking to the audience, and the the Huge monitor could start staticing and a computer lady could say “WARNING: THE SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY”and start the trailer from there, it makes so much sense!

So basically me right now:
BD3C08A0-A523-4006-878E-A30531CE51E2.gif

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
I couldn't find it, but I swear I saw it yesterday. I may just have been tripping, though.

Also the last Mii costume on the initial list that I forgot was Chocobo.

In my opinion, the most likely post-pass characters right now are (assuming Bethesda is FP #5):

- Square-Enix Rep (Geno/Neku/Another FF rep)
- Namco Bandai Rep (Yuri/Lloyd/Heihachi/KOS-MOS/Nightmare/Agumon)
- Xeno Rep (Rex & Pyra/Elma/KOS-MOS)
- Capcom (Leon/Jill/Phoenix Wright/Dante/Amaterasu)
- Ubisoft Rep (Rayman)
- Activision Rep (Crash)
- Koei Tecmo (Ryu)

Then we get to the lesser known (but still important) companies that have no representation in Smash:
- Falcom (Adol/Estelle/Rean)
- Cygames (Gran/Djeeta/Katalina/Euden)
Why is 2B not among the square enix?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Japan disagrees with you, especially with the more recent popularity polls. Just because Saber and Archer are much more popular doesn't make Shirou any less popular.

But that said, if putting in a character being used to represent Fate as a whole, that role definitely belongs to Saber, as the Servants are one of the main selling points and highlights of the series.
If we're talking about recent popularity poll, that's what I was alluding to by saying he's only good when his identity is destroyed. Hevean's Feel Shirou is a ****ing amazing character. It's just that Fate and UBW Shirou suck that makes him a character people start off not particularly liking.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
I couldn't find it, but I swear I saw it yesterday. I may just have been tripping, though.

Also the last Mii costume on the initial list that I forgot was Chocobo.

In my opinion, the most likely post-pass characters right now are (assuming Bethesda is FP #5):

- Square-Enix Rep (Geno/Neku/Another FF rep)
- Namco Bandai Rep (Yuri/Lloyd/Heihachi/KOS-MOS/Nightmare/Agumon)
- Xeno Rep (Rex & Pyra/Elma/KOS-MOS)
- Capcom (Leon/Jill/Phoenix Wright/Dante/Amaterasu)
- Ubisoft Rep (Rayman)
- Activision Rep (Crash)
- Koei Tecmo (Ryu)

Then we get to the lesser known (but still important) companies that have no representation in Smash:
- Falcom (Adol/Estelle/Rean)
- Cygames (Gran/Djeeta/Katalina/Euden)
Why is 2B not among the square enix characters?

Mr.Boo

Smash Cadet
Lol been playing so much Terry that I bought some clothing to emulate his style. Gonna pull off the American trucker look with swag. Great character!

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
This whole talk on Fate and by extension, Visual Novels is making me think about potential Visual Novels that may even have a slight chance of getting into Smash. Fate is one of them, albeit unlikely. The other two I can think of as a slight possibility are Ace Attorney and Danganronpa.

All three do run in their own problems, though and makes me think we may not get a VN rep at all unless another one pops up.

Fate is a bit risque, even excluding its original release with some of the Servant designs, even if they can choose more modest Servants and if Saber is modest herself.

Danganronpa is a bit gruesome, due to the nature of it and the only rep I can think that'd make sense is Monokuma, who I am not sure how they can make him work as a fighter unless they use all the Monokuma units from Ultra Despair Girls as a model for his moveset.

Ace Attorney simply has competition from other Capcom franchises(Resident Evil, Devil may Cry, even Okami) and you have to think about how Phoenix Wright would work in Smash. Though I imagine he'd be like his UMVC3 moveset, but smashified with evidence being a thing.

I'd like a VN rep but they all don't seem too likely or have their own hurdles. It'd be interesting to see a Visual Novel rep at least.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Time for some stinky opinions!
I think I'm starting to go off the deep end. Anyways...
Okay, so forgive me if someone already brought this up (if so, call me an idiot), but...
Remember the Milk-BOSATU rumor?
So long story short: some guy claims that there will be a female fighter in the FP.
Some time passes, and the guy states that it isn't Reimu.
Some more time passes, and the guy also states that it likely isn't Nakoruru either, but the character looks like Nakoruru.
And here we are now in the present time. Terry, a ****ton of music tracks, a spirit train, Halloween costumes, and the KOF Stadium are released with version 6.0.
However, on the KOF Stage, it was mentioned that Athena cameos on the stage occasionally. Looking at the costume she has on, while she isn't 100% like Nakoruru, Athena looks somewhat similar to Nakoruru.
Anything is possible, but I think that in regards to the rumor, I was deluded enough to think of four likelihoods.
1. The leak is fake, and the milkman is bull****ting us.
2. The leak is real, but he mistook Athena as a fighter.
3. The leak is real, and Arle is in.
4. The leak is real, and KOS-MOS is in.
Onto another topic....
I, as with several other people, cannot say that it's real or fake. On one hand, we've got the REAL second Grinch leak. Someone could've easily modded the game to have such models, and the same goes for the camera angle. On the other hand, it should be noted that the Terry presentation was recorded a month in advance so they could've been testing out Mii costumes at the time. On a THIRD hand, why would they need that much testing for Mii costumes?

P.S. - The Jiggle physics, let alone on Mii costumes, have been around as late as since the Rex Mii costume was available.
Anyways, I think that it's likely, although not certain, that the next fighter is either Arle or Doomguy.

There’s a very disturbing scene in MGSV involving a bomb being placed inside someone, and Sakurai ****ing referenced that scene by making that specific character have bomb in their spirit battle.
That's awesome.

#67,112
So what if, since the mallow and Cacodemon mii costumes both look complete, which is definitely odd, what if, we get 2 back to back announcements, what do I mean? A mini direct in Dec 7 for Geno being #5 and a Gamer Awards announcement for Doomslayer, it makes so much sense!
Geno would make perfect since for a smash bros mini direct because all of his popularity comes from the smash community, and I think Sakurai will do something for our 1 year anniversary.
Doomslayer makes sense for a game awards announcement because he would make the perfect interruption reveal, like Joker and the Phantom thieves, The Host could be talking to the audience, and the the Huge monitor could start staticing and a computer lady could say “WARNING: THE SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY”and start the trailer from there, it makes so much sense!

View attachment 245737
I feel like Doomguy would make more sense for the 5th challenger pack, as, unlike Geno, he's from a currently unrepresented series yet. Also, Doomguy getting his invite ON-STAGE (live action) would be great.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm om team Don'tGiveA****WhateverHappensHappens

I'm good either way. This is the best team to play for tbh.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Doom is to first person shooters as Dragon Quest is to JRPGs. Though I am not a big FPS fan, I won't deny Doom's immense legacy in shaping the western gaming industry. I am in on the Doom Slayer.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

There is a better team of "All my absolutely more wanted characters are in, and even if there are still characters i want to see i'm appy and open to anything"

I would love Edelgard, Morrigan, Doom, Sol Badguy, Dark souls content,Atelier content, more undertale stuff and more castlevania stuff.. but i'm happy.. still to quote certain DLC character "Come on, Come on"

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There is a better team of "All my absolutely more wanted characters are in, and even if there are still characters i want to see i'm appy and open to anything"

I would love Edelgard, Morrigan, Doom, Sol Badguy, Dark souls content,Atelier content, more undertale stuff and more castlevania stuff.. but i'm happy.. still to quote certain DLC character "Come on, Come on"
Oh I'm with you. I would adore it if Isaac, Doom Slayer, Geno, and Hayabusa got in. It'd probably bump it's way up to my favorite game if all time but, what can I say? I got Snake back, Simon, Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, and a lot of other characters like Terry and Hero that I didn't know I wanted. Even if I never got any of those above characters, I'm still DAMN satisfied with this game.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

I'm definitely in that boat too, it's a great feeling seeing all of my most wanted characters since the days of Melee/Brawl finally getting in the game. Sure there are some characters in the speculation cycle that I'd love to see get in, but for the most part I'm beyond satisfied.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Alright yeah your right, but it just really feels like this is his time, he’s not a lock but he is VERY likely.
I don't see him as any more likely than any other popular request, to be honest.
Remember when everyone thought Shovel Knight was a lock for playable because of Fan Polls based on who they picked in the Ballot?
With CERO specifically paying attention to upskirts, I do find it interesting Mythra was censored in a way that prevents exactly that. Just for the spirit a slightly longer skirt would've been more than enough, but instead they decided to cover up her legs entirely. It's kinda odd since they were far more generous with other spirits regarding the amount of skin being shown.

Not saying this definitely means she will appear as a fighter in one way or another, but I find it quite interesting and noteworthy regardless.
Well, she was definitely not censored because they planned on including her as a playable character, Sakurai said it was too late for Rex even as DLC (though now that we're getting more, its possible he still may end up in the game), it was probably some weird thing about her artwork that CERO found too sexual.
Or he is just a likely as Banjo & Kazooie where the same points towards Isaac also applied for those two.

I'm gonna hype for Doom Guy and if he doesn't come, I don't have much to lose for it since I already got Banjo & Kazooie. Doom Guy would be a nice bonus.
Doomguy is as likely as both Banjo-Kazooie and Isaac were to be playable..in that he's currently in an unknown state. I mean, was Doomguy requested a lot during the time of the Ballot? I just think that the Ballot likely played a role in who was being picked for the initial DLC. Big support for Doomguy came after DLC was announced for Ultimate..though they could also have just randomly picked him, like with Joker & Terry.
I just got really excited, yeah I’ll temper myself a little bit, it’s just hard to with all this evidence, it just seems like a Banjo/Ken situation here rather than a Isaac one
I don't think there's any evidence for any characters as DLC in Ultimate so far, just fan speculation.

D

Deleted member

*whistling*

Any news yet? Heard that there was a thing with the Mii costume leak. Pretty suspicious as always.

Doomguy is as likely as both Banjo-Kazooie and Isaac were to be playable..in that he's currently in an unknown state. I mean, was Doomguy requested a lot during the time of the Ballot? I just think that the Ballot likely played a role in who was being picked for the initial DLC. Big support for Doomguy came after DLC was announced for Ultimate..though they could also have just randomly picked him, like with Joker & Terry.
That was literally my biggest "What?" when rumors of Ultimate DLC inbound. Same with Hayabusa, everyone latched onto them during leak seasons. Even if they were deconfirmed, they were potential locks due to the entire thing, but they never showed up in some people's radars before. That's pretty strange for a simple 4chan leaker to raise the hopes of the characters.

#67,112

View attachment 245737
Every time I see those two I just clench my fist and punch a wall. I'm sorry if my reaction seemed offensive but...everyone's jumping to conclusions left and right. That isn't what a good fan should believe in honestly. If the leak were more reliable, say, Verge, then you go celebrate.

If you want a counterargument to my stance, what if Verge leaked Morrigan or something? Would I believe it right away? Not exactly. I would be surprised that the most credible leaker on the Smash community leaked my (former) most wanted (but still want nonetheless). But will believe it? I would not jump into 90% confirmations instantly. I would simply wait for the reveal, while I speculate.

I have faith in the higher-ups, and they have the word. So if Geno or Doomguy don't make it, don't blame me.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I'd just really like one more character I really want. Don't really have a preference but I'd love one last holy **** moment before we go Smashless for likely a long time. Joker's reveal shot me through the roof

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd just really like one more character I really want. Don't really have a preference but I'd love one last holy **** moment before we go Smashless for likely a long time.
Depending on how they handle future DLC, perhaps.

As you all know, my desire for a woman in the Smash DLC encompasses any of my other picks. If the two seasons pass and we still don't have female DLC, I'm gonna sell my Switch.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I wouldn't be that surprised if Saber got in, but I wouldn't be that interested in her (unless they really play up the wind properties of Excalibur). I'd be more interested in Saber Alter, especially if she got recolors that included her whip sword.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be that surprised if Saber got in, but I wouldn't be that interested in her (unless they really play up the wind properties of Excalibur). I'd be more interested in Saber Alter, especially if she got recolors that included her whip sword.
If Saber got in, I'd cry rivers of joy as my wallet dries up of money. I gambled this character with my friends.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

Nintendo should cancel the rest of the pass since theyve already added Banjo-Kazooie.

Thats it. Shut down this thread. Pack it up.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Imma be real. The only character I actually cared about before they got in was Terry Bogard. His inclusion kind of makes me a little happy, actually. Anyways, the other 3-4 FP characters seem cool too.

Also, could someone please give me a quick rundown of Saber? IDK who she is.
Geno might have some problems.

Kek
*whistling*

Any news yet? Heard that there was a thing with the Mii costume leak. Pretty suspicious as always.

That was literally my biggest "What?" when rumors of Ultimate DLC inbound. Same with Hayabusa, everyone latched onto them during leak seasons. Even if they were deconfirmed, they were potential locks due to the entire thing, but they never showed up in some people's radars before. That's pretty strange for a simple 4chan leaker to raise the hopes of the characters.

Every time I see those two I just clench my fist and punch a wall. I'm sorry if my reaction seemed offensive but...everyone's jumping to conclusions left and right. That isn't what a good fan should believe in honestly. If the leak were more reliable, say, Verge, then you go celebrate.

If you want a counterargument to my stance, what if Verge leaked Morrigan or something? Would I believe it right away? Not exactly. I would be surprised that the most credible leaker on the Smash community leaked my (former) most wanted (but still want nonetheless). But will believe it? I would not jump into 90% confirmations instantly. I would simply wait for the reveal, while I speculate.

I have faith in the higher-ups, and they have the word. So if Geno or Doomguy don't make it, don't blame me.
I don't think he's jumping to conclusions, but yeah. Jumping to conclusions is pretty dumb.
If Morrigan got revealed, I'd probably just shrug my shoulders. As far as Smash goes, The Big Verg has only gotten info wrong once, so I'd be willing to believe him more than any other Smash leaker. I don't really care for Morrigan but at the same time I understand that a lot of people do and I don't really hate her. (My opinions towards the other DLC challengers except Terry.) If at all, I'd probably get butthurt over another fighting game rep from CRAPCOM. (I want Dante though.)

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
No real reason I'm saying this right now, but I feel like Soul Calibur is pretty underrated for a potential Smash rep. Bandi-Namco series, feels like it's popular enough, and Link was in one of the games not long ago so there's some past history of a cross over there. Not sure who would be the rep because I don't have enough experience with the franchise but I'm surprised it's not getting more play

Droodle

Smash Lord
Imma be real. The only character I actually cared about before they got in was Terry Bogard. His inclusion kind of makes me a little happy, actually. Anyways, the other 3-4 FP characters seem cool too.

Also, could someone please give me a quick rundown of Saber? IDK who she is.

Kek

I don't think he's jumping to conclusions, but yeah. Jumping to conclusions is pretty dumb.

If Morrigan got revealed, I'd probably just shrug my shoulders. As far as Smash goes, The Big Verg has only gotten info wrong once, so I'd be willing to believe him more than any other Smash leaker. I don't really care for Morrigan but at the same time I understand that a lot of people do and I don't really hate her. (My opinions towards the other DLC challengers except Terry.) If at all, I'd probably get butthurt over another fighting game rep from CRAPCOM. (I want Dante though.)
SaberArtGoStage2.png

Saber is from the Fate series, she's pretty iconic in the anime scene but she actually originated as a game character, so she should be eligible for Smash.

Fate is definitely the biggest series in Japan that doesn't have a character yet, but I personally think it is unlikely that Fate will get a character due to the issues surrounding the larger series. It is possible though, and Fate is HUGE in Japan.

Ivander

Smash Legend
No real reason I'm saying this right now, but I feel like Soul Calibur is pretty underrated for a potential Smash rep. Bandi-Namco series, feels like it's popular enough, and Link was in one of the games not long ago so there's some past history of a cross over there. Not sure who would be the rep because I don't have enough experience with the franchise but I'm surprised it's not getting more play
It would be Nightmare. Nightmare is practically the series' mascot, he wields Soul Edge which is incredibly important throughout the series and he was even part of Project Soul's logo.

That said, if Namco gets a fighting game rep, it will definitely be from Tekken than Soul Calibur. Namco does not give love to Soul Calibur the way they do Tekken. Especially after they chose to rush Soul Calibur 5 before Street Fighter X Tekken came out. At least Soul Calibur 6 is being treated much better though.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Inb4 our promotion character is from The Stretchers:
Then again, considering how new it is, a spirit event is more likely.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I wanna be on that team, but when my most wanted character for the past decade is one of the potential characters...

I can't help but be biased. Cautious, for my own sake, but biased.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
> Sakurai leaves out Mai
> Specifically states its to keep E for Everyone status
> ESRB
> ESRB is a big part of gaming history
> Which game got the ESRB created?

Guys I cracked the code

1573192790113.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom