• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 8 | Game Over! Town Wins!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
*relying on the comfort he gives off from his experience to deter potential voters

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I haven't said much because there's so much to read through and I have been lacking time lately between Harvest Moon and this new Brood stuff. ^^;
That said, I suppose my plan does seem a bit bad. Too many people lost too early.

Seems kind of strange that Steel is trying to pressure me along with Draco, even though I've said more than Annet (Frio now).

I strongly believe that Steel and Draco are the Mafia people. Draco has already proven to be a suspicious individual and Steel has more experience in the game and chooses to align his vote with Draco's. It's quite likely that he WOULD make up an excuse like that while relying on the comfort he gives off from his experience (I REALLY don't know how to phrase that XD), but we should probably vote him off first to isolate Draco.
I was going to wait, and I will on everything else, but this post just demands attention from me.

First, Draco aligned his vote with Steel's joke vote, so when I read that part of your post I'm just guessing that you haven't had a chance to read the thread in full (like you mentioned).

However, you then begin to say that we should vote off Steel because he is more experienced - wait, what?

If they're both mafia and we know that, it wouldn't matter who we vote off first. Instead, that sounds like mafia trying to get rid of a good player early on to me.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
@clover

Do you think my choice of pressuring you and Draco is scummy? I didn't choose to call out Frio because he just replaced in and needs time to catch up, whereas you were not in this situation and all you really said was "my plan isn't going to work now" so I felt it necessary you get your thoughts on the recent discussion in play.

I don't really understand what you're saying in your second paragraph. I'm not choosing to have my vote aligned with Draco, he followed mine and I haven't had a reason to remove my vote yet.

Also, Xiivi and Draco had a pretty big posts there do you have any input on them? What do you think of DanGR?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh my, I'm terribly sorry. I should REALLY read before I go accusing people. It's no excuse, but insert temporary dyslexia johns.

Unvote: Steel

I'll reread again tonight before making another stupid comment. ^^;

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

Alright, I'll start by addressing your accusations of me, then move forward from there.

The reason I initially disregarded Xiivi's vote was because at the time I believed he was just randomly voting. Since I didn't think he was serious, I decided to make a post to elicit a response out of him.
Let me get this straight.

Since Vocal didn't think Xiivi was serious about his own vote... Vocal decided to make a post to get a response from him?

Vocal, why did you make a joke post to elicit a serious response? That's how I'm interpreting your statement.
That's the only reason I kept (lightly) pushing things on Xiivi - pressure = response and that's all we need in the beginning :) Plus he didn't respond the first time so I tried again. Oh, and I didn't randomly choose to vote for Xiivi in the first place, but it wasn't a real reason either - I equate fedoras with mafiates in old movies so it seemed like a fun place to begin joke voting ^_^

Also, you're insinuating that I'm mafia along with Draco? Then why would I have chosen to agree with Xiivi's suspicion of him? For this, the fact that I was wrong about Xiivi's reasoning doesn't matter - actually, no, that's wrong. Xiivi provided no reasoning whatsoever, so if I was mafia along with Draco I would've just ignored it or tried to discredit it.
Perhaps only one of you and Draconoa is mafia, or neither. I'm not certain about anything yet. I'm just stating possibilities and you keep giving me interesting reactions to them, like restating what has already been said about Draconoa, below.

People have mentioned this before, but it's really evident when looked at in this manner. We all know that Draco was anxious to start voting, yet his first post was nothing more than a "first post (h)". Then I post some instigative nonsense, not very important. Then both Steel and I joke voted, and THEN Draco voted, aligning his vote with Steels.

Possible excuses he could give for this.

-"I didn't think it was a good idea to vote yet!" The only thing that would have changed this is seeing Steel and I vote - if he had seen our votes, he would have noticed Steel's, yet he still aligned his vote with Steel's against Clover.
-"I didn't see that vote!" Then you would have posted a vote from the beginning without prodding from Steel's vote and mine.

Your move, Draco. Like I said before,
IGMEOY :lick:
Btw, fixing your colors when I multiquote is becoming a chore. <_<

Steel, would you mind pointing out what parts of post #72 you consider WIFOM, and what you don't like about my apparent use of it? My goal was to point what I thought was an odd sense of aggressiveness and give possible explanations why Vocal would act that way as mafia.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

Also, a question for Dan:

-With Steel's analysis of your post, it almost looks like your just trying to muddy the waters and confuse everyone - as in you're trying to throw them off the track and keep them from making progress. What would you say to this?
"Keep them from making progress"? What? Right now I would consider progress to be working towards learning a lot about each of us before lynching the first player. What should we be working towards, day 1, in your opinion?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Let me get this straight.

Since Vocal didn't think Xiivi was serious about his own vote... Vocal decided to make a post to get a response from him?

Vocal, why did you make a joke post to elicit a serious response? That's how I'm interpreting your statement.
In this game, EVERY response is a serious response :) (/enlightened statement) Each post a person makes can contain clues as to a person's alignment, and all it takes is a small slip to let loose a floodgate.

Perhaps only one of you and Draconoa is mafia, or neither. I'm not certain about anything yet. I'm just stating possibilities and you keep giving me interesting reactions to them, like restating what has already been said about Draconoa, below.
You know, if I didn't know any better, I would say that your posts are beginning to look like an effort to take focus off of Draco.

You also didn't answer the question I gave you.

And colors are easy: just copy the very beginning of my post (including the post bit AND the color tag) and paste where ever you want to break it up. Same with the /QUOTE and /COLOR at the end. I've got a new color now too :)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Nvm, looks like you did answer it. And I agree that Day 1 should be mainly about gathering information; however, the way you chose to allegedly do this struck me as odd.

No matter, it's not something I feel a need to push for the time being.

Frio

Smash Champion
I failed, I meant to click advanced post >_>

Anyways, from what I've read so far in this thread I agree with fence that Draco is mafia. If it turns out he isn't then I'd be left to assume fence is =/

VOTE: Draco

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I failed, I meant to click advanced post >_>

Anyways, from what I've read so far in this thread I agree with fence that Draco is mafia. If it turns out he isn't then I'd be left to assume fence is =/

VOTE: Draco
Fence? Is that Xiivi? Also

-Do you have any feelings on anyone else?
-Do you have any pets? Why or why not? (This one isn't exactly Mafia related, but I'd just like to better know who you are :))

You ignored my questions, aside from a slight mention of "fence" :(

Nice to see another Olimar :)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
In this game, EVERY response is a serious response :) (/enlightened statement) Each post a person makes can contain clues as to a person's alignment, and all it takes is a small slip to let loose a floodgate.
If all your posts are serious what do you call that .jpg you posted earlier in this thread?

How about this post you told me you "decided to make to elicit a response out of [Xiivi]"?, yet you didn't follow up on when Xiivi hadn't said a word about it? One page later you even sided with him- again, without him saying a word about your previous "serious" post.

What about this post about Brock and Nurse Joy? Did you have a serious reason in mind for posting it? You never followed up.

How about this question to Frio you said twice wasn't related to this mafia game? (<- link) Was that... serious?

How about the single smiley you place in most of your paragraphs? Are those serious too?

You know, if I didn't know any better, I would say that your posts are beginning to look like an effort to take focus off of Draco.
This is the 2nd time Vocal has accused me of trying to bring everyone off track by bringing his posts to the spotlight. The first being the end of post #79.

As consistently as Vocal has responded like I'd expect a mafia member to- to my pressure on him, I will continue to say that I want to learn as much as I can about all of you guys before we lynch anyone. We've got about 8 or 9 [real life] days of discussion ahead of us before our first lynch. There's no reason to hurry right now.

While Draconoa does seem suspicious right now, I'm definitely not letting up on anyone else, including you Vocal.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Jokes and smileys :)
You misunderstand by what I meant Dan :) What I mean is that every post is potentially incriminating evidence, and I believe that responses in particular are a gold mine when trying to discover whether someone is mafia or not.

And yes, those posts like those could potentially be serious and important. Perhaps my light-hearted demeanor would be suspicious behavior or my specific wording hints at something I may be hiding. You never know what will turn out to be important.

This is also part of the reason I asked Frio about his (her? sorry ^_^) pets - just to see how he acts. (I still want an answer btw!)

And yes smileys can be important. In the game of Newbie Mafia I read, a person came under suspicion simply because of a poorly thought out winking smiley face ;)
This is the 2nd time Vocal has accused me of trying to bring everyone off track by bringing his posts to the spotlight. The first being the end of post #79.

As consistently as Vocal has responded like I'd expect a mafia member to- to my pressure on him, I will continue to say that I want to learn as much as I can about all of you guys before we lynch anyone. We've got about 8 or 9 [real life] days of discussion ahead of us before our first lynch. There's no reason to hurry right now.

While Draconoa does seem suspicious right now, I'm definitely not letting up on anyone else, including you Vocal.
The reason I mention it is because while the majority of heat is on Draco, you practically brush it off and instead choose to turn focus to me - this just seems a bit odd and I thought I would point it out to see if anyone else was getting the same vibe or had any thoughts on it. If you're trying to figure out more about players then, by all means, continue - I was just taking note :)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I read through this just now. I will respond with more substance tomorrow, been very busy. For now some things of note:

Not enough people are voting the person they find most suspicious. Votes are good, they let others know who your top suspect is [aka gives me something to look back on in your posting history]. If you're town you have no reason to be afraid to show your top suspect, as scum you are because it forces you to be held accountable for your train of thought and any lynches that occur. Your words mean very little when they aren't back up with a vote.

FYI: Draco's vote's still on Clover, despite the fact we're clearly into serious discussion. Note Vocal dropped his vote when he found I was serious, which is understandable when there was little content for most to build a serious case on. Draco has since left his vote parked, despite taking a few jabs at both myself and Vocal within his posts, Vocal moreso. Killing scum isn't in his mindset from what I saw in his long post, more of throwing deflection elsewhere without committing to it.

Steel went ahead and established his vote on Clover for a boring, easy-to-do reason. He's pretty much playing all null-tells this game which is lame, but good for being an IC role. @Steel, these are good newbies, they've caught on really well [mainly because they're actually playing instead of flopping around like Newbie 4/5 guys lol]. You can go out of IC mod now please and into playing the game mode. If you don't I will make sure you die.

Dan you just clothes-lined Vocal for a bad reason. "Everything is serious." "You weren't serious here, here, here, here and here." It doesn't actually go anywhere and mostly harps on the fact Vocal's playstyle is pretty consistently careless/carefree at times. The next section of your post does, use more points like that.

Frio the user you're thinking of is "IxxI" who goes by the nickname "fence". I am not IxxI. Argue with someone, it's fun and will let others get a read on you. Keep your vote on Draco though so he can die. Also if you really think Draco is scum and want him dead you should do everything in your power to make sure it happens.

Like this:

More Draco lynching is fine by me. The Draco lynch-wagon is a really good wagon. It has padded seats, a surround-sound stereo system, and chilled drinks. That's right, I'm living the good life and killing scum who want to end our good lives. And you can live the good life too for the low, low price of one vote. Shipping and handling not included, but if you order now we will throw in another dead scumbag tomorrow! That's right, kill one scum, kill the next one absolutely free!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Vote Count

[2] CloverLeaf: Steel, Draconoa
[2] Draconoa: Xiivi, Frio
[1] Vocal: DanGR

[2] Note Voting: Vocal, CloverLeaf

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for August 20th at 12:59 PM EST.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
As of the moment, Xiivi is the only one voting for Draco. It takes four to lynch. Even if Xiivi was mafia, there'd only be one more mafia to seal the deal so I'm fine with saying

VOTE: DRACO

Now. I don't want a rushed lynch - I've seen what can happen with those, and it aint good. Worst case scenario is that we learn a few more things from our dear friend Draco and then we kill him >=)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Oh wait, I forgot Frio voted for Draco. Well that changes things to be even more important. I'm still keeping my vote on Draco but

DON'T DROP THE HAMMER VOTE WITHOUT FAIR WARNING.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Steel went ahead and established his vote on Clover for a boring, easy-to-do reason. He's pretty much playing all null-tells this game which is lame, but good for being an IC role. @Steel, these are good newbies, they've caught on really well [mainly because they're actually playing instead of flopping around like Newbie 4/5 guys lol]. You can go out of IC mod now please and into playing the game mode. If you don't I will make sure you die.
Okay, fine

unvote vote draco. pretty sure we found scum

DON'T DROP THE HAMMER VOTE WITHOUT FAIR WARNING.
oh, okay

unvote: vote: Draco

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Day 1 has ended!

Draconoa the Mafia Goon has been lynched!

Night 1 has begun!
The deadline has been set for August 15th at 11:59 PM EST. Send in your night actions before then!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Day 2 has begun!

Xiivi the Townie has died!

The deadline has been set for Monday, August 30th, at 11:59 PM EST!
With five alive it takes three to lynch!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm gonna have to make time to go through and make a long, convincing post, but I'm fairly certain the other mafia is Dan.

<3 Dan though, you made my picture the Xat background :)

Still serious about thinking you're mafia though.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So far we know the following:

DanGR: ?
CloverLeaf: ?
Vocal: ?
Draconoa44: Mafia
Frio: ?
Xiivi: Townie
Steel: ?

This leaves 2 Townies, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, and 1 Mafia.

-------

Vocal, when you get to your post, pay attention to your wording.

I'm not going to care to respond with anything other than jabs at your poor wording if you keep up with all the "that's not what I meant, even though I clearly stated it" garbage. It looks infinitely more scummy for you to basically reword your posts when I call you out on your lies and contradictory statements than anything Draconoa did "yesterday".

I find it odd that you're either careless (as Xiivi put it) or bad at wording things, despite your grammar being in the 90th percentile on this website.

------

I didn't like the decision to lynch Draconoa so quickly. I thought it'd benefit us more if we got more discussion in. Also, there could have been another reason he said a lot of the things he did. For example, he could have been too cautious, as some of you put it, because he was cop or something. Why didn't you give him/us a notice, Steel? I have a feeling you thought about the following:

------

Vocal, twice you've told me I was throwing us off track when I continually accused you of being Mafia for your poor wording. Your response to this earlier in the thread was the following:
The reason I mention it is because while the majority of heat is on Draco, you practically brush it off and instead choose to turn focus to me - this just seems a bit odd and I thought I would point it out to see if anyone else was getting the same vibe or had any thoughts on it. If you're trying to figure out more about players then, by all means, continue - I was just taking note :)
Then just a bit later in post #96 and #97 you vote for Draco, and then make it very clear that you don't want to rush things.

So what this tells me... is that you don't want to rush things, but also think it's suspicious that I'd target someone other than Draconoa? How does that work, Vocal?

Not only this, but IMMEDIATELY after saying "DON'T DROP THE HAMMER VOTE WITHOUT FAIR WARNING" Steel places the final vote on Draconoa.

The next day begins and you don't say anything about it! You accuse me of being Mafia. I waited a bit after you posted to see if you'd follow up with a double post about Steel's vote on Draconoa. Nothing happened, and I doubt you would have said anything if I didn't bring this up either.

What gives?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Vocal, when you get to your post, pay attention to your wording.

I'm not going to care to respond with anything other than jabs at your poor wording if you keep up with all the "that's not what I meant, even though I clearly stated it" garbage. It looks infinitely more scummy for you to basically reword your posts when I call you out on your lies and contradictory statements than anything Draconoa did "yesterday".

I find it odd that you're either careless (as Xiivi put it) or bad at wording things, despite your grammar being in the 90th percentile on this website.
I'm lost, could you point these instances out to me? I don't ever recall saying something I didn't mean; I think I remember a few times that what I said was misconstrued, but that's simply because words and phrasings can be taken many different ways. English's interpretive nature doesn't make me scummy :)

I didn't like the decision to lynch Draconoa so quickly. I thought it'd benefit us more if we got more discussion in. Also, there could have been another reason he said a lot of the things he did. For example, he could have been too cautious, as some of you put it, because he was cop or something. Why didn't you give him/us a notice, Steel? I have a feeling you thought about the following:
I'll get to this a little later

Vocal, twice you've told me I was throwing us off track when I continually accused you of being Mafia for your poor wording. Your response to this earlier in the thread was the following:

Then just a bit later in post #96 and #97 you vote for Draco, and then make it very clear that you don't want to rush things.

So what this tells me... is that you don't want to rush things, but also think it's suspicious that I'd target someone other than Draconoa? How does that work, Vocal?
I wanted to see

A) What Draco said. If he tried to accuse someone else, it could have been a clue for who isn't mafia.

B) Who would stick up for Draco. At that point, I highly doubted that anyone besides mafia would have Draco's back.

Not only this, but IMMEDIATELY after saying "DON'T DROP THE HAMMER VOTE WITHOUT FAIR WARNING" Steel places the final vote on Draconoa.

The next day begins and you don't say anything about it! You accuse me of being Mafia. I waited a bit after you posted to see if you'd follow up with a double post about Steel's vote on Draconoa. Nothing happened, and I doubt you would have said anything if I didn't bring this up either.

What gives?
Steel's experienced, plus she (he? I feel like I asked this before...) was right. Steel didn't know that I just wanted to scope out who else was mafia, or perhaps just thought it wasn't necessary. At any rate, Steel's vote wasn't scummy in the least.

I also have a defense for why I'm not mafia, but I'll only bother typing it if someone else accuses me ;)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I cannot BELIEVE how FREAKING RIGHT I always am.
Steel's mafia, I'm a cop, that's a lamp, Tin Man is communist.
If I was mafia lying about this, you could still lynch me next turn and still win.

VOTE: STEEL

GG, sir. My plan worked perfectly. (Though I ALMOST gave up on it near the end. X3)
I'll explain it on a cooler day when I'm not too lazy to type out a page. It's quite elaborate and I'm actually a little proud of it. ^_^

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I cannot BELIEVE how FREAKING RIGHT I always am.
Steel's mafia, I'm a cop, that's a lamp, Tin Man is communist.
If I was mafia lying about this, you could still lynch me next turn and still win.

GG, sir. My plan worked perfectly. (Though I ALMOST gave up on it near the end. X3)
I'll explain it on a cooler day when I'm not too lazy to type out a page. It's quite elaborate and I'm actually a little proud of it. ^_^
lolWUT?

Did Clover actually have this in the bag for town?

*shrug*

He's right - if he was mafia and lying we could just get him tomorrow.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I hate cop.

Also, I don't plan on doing an endgame summary because well...

Enjoyed watching it play out though guys :)

Now that you all have finished your first game, you should take a look at our signup thread! We have two games running at all times, a small and a large game! You're welcome to join as many games as you'd like, but don't try to carry too heavy of a load, haha.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Tell us how you knuuuuuuew~
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was fast. >.>
I'll say, though you certainly helped with that ;)
I hate cop.

Also, I don't plan on doing an endgame summary because well...

Enjoyed watching it play out though guys :)

Now that you all have finished your first game, you should take a look at our signup thread! We have two games running at all times, a small and a large game! You're welcome to join as many games as you'd like, but don't try to carry too heavy of a load, haha.
Should've made him insane :D

And I'm definitely signing up for a game ^_^ this game may have been short, but I love Mafia already lol

COUD, SHARE YOUR SECRETS NOW!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yeah, I was SO hoping that Hilt didn't make me insane or something and just told me that my "sanity was guaranteed" as part of the entire insanity thing.

And Dan's poking out parts of my plan on Xat and I'm starting to think that you guys might think that I'm crazy or weird if I actually came out and explained it. ^^;
And I want to play again, but I'm gonna lay low for a while until you mafia guys forget about me.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I will say, I legitimately say that I actually did not read Steel's vote for Clover on the first day lol.
WOW. This is the best ****-up I have EVER SEEN.
You're my new favorite person, Draco. XD

Top Bottom