• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 6 - OVER! Who lived happily ever after in Newbie Land?!

D

Deleted member

Fine, I'll post.
there is something called picking priorities.
who do we want to get rid of most? scum obviously.
but who do we lynch if there aren't scum candidates? useless players ofc.

Right now still rereading (did you expect me to do that in under 10 hours or something? there are a lot of posts).
It's a bit annoying to keep track of everything with all these replacements.

Give me another 5 or so hours and you have my case.

tPK out

D

Deleted member

I think have about everything read now, minus D4 but I don't think that warrants a precise reread.

so you have something to chew on until I'm done polishing my case:

Vote: Vanderzant, FoS: SSBF

D

Deleted member

Ok one last thing before I post.

SSBF, your opinion on Vanderzant?
Vanderzant, your opinion on SSBF?

pick your words carefully.

Swiss

Smash Lord
wtf.

Vanz has made his opinion on SSBF more than clear.

The risk of you being scum stalling us is getting to be ridiculous. FoS Vi/Pap

SSBF, answer the question, please, NOW.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ugh

Gheb - I just don't want to risk it....yet

Vi, just get your case out, I don't think SSBF saying his opinion when it changes so much will make much difference to it, and Vanz has already made his clear.

D

Deleted member

Ok first off, I mostly focussed on the living players during my reread, and Vanderzant and SSBF (when he replaced in) quickly got my attention.
Therefore this post will only contain posts about them, in chronological order. I thought about sorting them by each player, but the relation between them is interesting to see.

Analysis starts at D2, since most stuff from D1 gets quoted anyway.

#290, SwordDancer/SSBF:
notes Vanderzant is reluctant to vote FroHawk until it becomes clear FroHawk was going to be lynch of D1.

#296 Vanderzant:
Reluctant is probably a bad word to describe it. It was more so that I wasn't confident that Frohawk would flip scum.
Riiight

Did I want him lynched? If the majority of the town thought so too, and there were no bigger fish to fry.
First off all, there was no majority at the point you placed your vote. And why did you just go brainlessly along as you imply here.

#298, vanderzant:
I legitimately thought that this was a quick lynch orchestrated by the Mafia, in order to get a town player lynched.
And you voted along with that?

#310, vanderzant:
I consider myself one of the most active players of the game. This whole argument against me (well the frohawk part) is based off of one post where I was expressing my concern as an overly cautious townie (never thought I'd play cautiously, but I admit, I have).
Whoo, the activity argument. invalid as hell. also, first game so I don't get you saying "I never expected to" like you always play aggressive.

#316, Vanderzant:
responds to Ryker/V by saying his words got twisted by TheGuide, only to quote the "twisted" post by the_guide. instead of actually quoting his post to show it got twisted.

*SSBF replaces SwordDancer*

#339, vanderzant:
Additionally, SSBF I know you've just jumped into the game,
but I'd like you to give your thoughts on myself as soon as possible.
Very hasty about knowing SSBF's opinion on him. Interesting to say the least.

#364, SSBF:
******, my massive post went down the drain when I lost the tab.
Looks like I need to use Wordpad for massive-posts for now on.

Sorry about that, just want you to know that I have not forgotten about the game.

I did manage to reach to Post #97, thought. From what I read, Ryker is currently my top suspect in the game. He has been rude towards other people, made an unecessary bandwagon on Swiss, contradicts himself, and calls RQS an horrible thing that should not exist. At least McFox took the time to explain why he didn't like RVS.

I haven't read all the posts yet, so I won't post a vote. However, I will place an FoS: Ryker.
okay losing such a post can happen but the rest is just BS.
1) at #97 the game barely started, and you were building a case on that?
2) starting a bondwagon is a good thing, it means he tried to get out of RVS.
3) I can only agree that RQS is a horrible thing. RREAD xiivi's post about it in Dgames social
4) big pussyfooting by only placing an FoS.

#404, vanderzant:
Since others have done it, I think scum is some combination of rPSI, The_guide, Kat, SSBF.

Unvote
Vote: Super Smash Bros. Fan

Until he posts something constructive. Plus I don't want rPSI getting quick lynched by The_Guide
Bit of pressure is fine, but calling out the other 2 scum here out of 4 is... interesting, especially because 2 of them are now dead and turned out town.

#405, SSBF:
Not going to quote it, kind of big post.
COULD YOU POST ANY MORE FILLER?
1) you devote an entire paragraph to agreeing with Vanz post on you, like wtf.
Ryker has been playing extremely scummy in my eyes. Most of his posts has been filled with scumminess
and regarding the tunnelling situation, I believe he deserved each and every one of them.
2) wow, just wow, could you post any more filler on someone?
"I'm willing to spare him the vote, thought, as he has gotten slightly better since the incident."
3) still pussyfooting
4) does EXACTLY the same with rPSI, calling him scummy "because he acts scummy" (not quote) and then only
FoS him.

Actually explains he refuses to vote until his analysis is done. THEN DON'T FoS EITHER.

#406, vanderzant:
makes a post almost entirely consisting of quotes, barely his own comment, and then vote The_Guide. That's not really helping.

#408, SSBF:
I read Vanderzant's post today and I will be looking harshly at The Guide now. Espeically when my posts comes up.
Read: "I'll now be prejudiced on the_Guide throughout my analysis"

#420, SSBF:
I got done with responding to people. Now I need to see what's similarities that xxFrohawkxx had connection with and my general thought on all living players. And after all that, I will make a vote.
Still stalling, this better be good.

#425, SSBF (the big post):
Okay I'm not going to do a reread of a reread, that's just silly. therefore I will stick to the partwhere he states his opinion on everyone.

Gheb_01, The_guide, Clownbot, Swiss, SRB, rPSI, kat, McFox, Ryker: no comment on these opinions
HOWEVER, you keep stating activity as scum/town thing. STOP IT
Vanderzant: Oh god this is funny:
He is an very strong town player here. Posts usually have a lot of contents, he is very active, and defends himself well against others who opposed him at the beginning of Day 2. So far, only one scummy post has come out of him.
the activity argument (yay), and I don't think he defends himself that well.

This is where the link between the two is getting kind of obvious.

Also funny to note is that he notes with mcFox "gogo, keep it up!" and puts vanderzant at "strong town player" which would imply McFox being the towniest. but in the actual rankings he lists Vand as nr.1 town.

Votes the_Guide.
Plz learn to make you posts smaller.

*The_guide lynched, SRB NK'd*

#563, vanderzant:
on rPSI
What you say may be a valid point, but unless you can strengthen your case with evidence or greater reasoning, no one is going to support it, as you are just being hypocritical
Hypocrisy is not an argument. rPSI was still right

#565, SSBF:
On top of that, both players have brought a lot to the table, especially McFox.
Guess who died in the night after.

#566, 567, Vanderzant:
actually votes McFox while only saying he doesn't know how to handle the kind of play McFox uses.
Seems like a bad attempt at distancing here.

#568, vanderzant:
opens with voting SSBF (yes this is the posts right after the McFox vote)
and he actually brings solid points to the table on him, like lack of committal, constantly stating who is scum AND town, skimming.

the above things are typical things I've seen from SSBF so far (in this case and in other games), so I'm kind of split what to think of it since before, SSBF agreed with vanderzant and he was town (keep this in mind)

*I join in*

#585, SSBF:
response to Vand's post (#568).

response to not commitment:
During Day 2 and 3, I was suspicious of five people. Kataefi, Ryker, The Guide (Day 2 Lynch), rPSI, and Ryker. That is not a majority. Even in Day 3, it wouldn't be a majority because The Guide is dead.
what does this have to do with anything?

posting reads scum and town:
The only time I can remember doing that is during my analysis and giving my opinion on McFox. Yes, I read up just for that.
I could swear there were other instances, and Vand debunks him in the next post.

on skimming:
Umm, you only voted me once to grab my attention. You voted me the first time because you wanted more out of me.
haha so funny. you even managed to skim that quote, it was about you skimming, not vand voting you to get your attention (which in itself is a bad thing too).

#586, vanderzant:
response to SSBF's response
Debukns SSBF saying he only did the town and scum reads once.
there is more but it is onetwo pages back and you all prob still remember it.

Interesting to note is that everybody else seems to completely ignore these 2 guys at this point.

*rPSI lynched, McFox NK'd*

funny to see that right away (#620, #621)SSBF and vanderzant say "will make a serious post later" what is the point in doing this?

----

I could search their D4 posts for intention but this is pretty much it.

SSBF, you should threat that FoS as heavy as a vote

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 4 Vote Count 2:

Clownbot: (0)
Gheb_01: Clownbot (
)
Kataefi: (0)
The Paprika Killer: Super Smash Bros. Fan, Gheb_01 (
)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: vanderzant (
)
Swiss: (0)
vanderzant: The Paprika Killer (
)
Not Voting: Kataefi, Swiss (
)

Deadline for Day 4 has been set for May 16th, 2010 11:59PM EST.

4/7 to lynch.

D

Deleted member

not really anything, as noted I find them both weight as heavy, and I feel Vanz is bussing SSBF

Swiss

Smash Lord
Interesting.

Vote: SSBF

I prefer the SSBF lynch.

Not sure on your case on Vanz at all, it will get more credit only if SSBF flips scum.

I'm happy to lynch SSBF.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also - SSBF/Vanz, what do you make of all this?

Kat/Clown - Opinions?

At the least Vi got the ball rolling...

Pap and SSBF now have two votes on them each.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well Gheb's not going toDay :rolleyes:

So Unvote Vote SSBF

V shouldn't go toDay imo. Vand hasn't struck me at scummy... Ever, really.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Day 4 Vote Count 3:

Clownbot: (0)
Gheb_01: (0)
Kataefi: (0)
The Paprika Killer: Super Smash Bros. Fan, Gheb_01 (
)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: vanderzant, Swiss, Clownbot (
)
Swiss: (0)
vanderzant: The Paprika Killer (
)
Not Voting: Kataefi (
)

Deadline for Day 4 has been set for May 16th, 2010 11:59PM EST.

4/7 to lynch.

D

Deleted member

Vi Veri said:
SSBF, your opinion on Vanderzant?
He still has a strong town read on me. All other points I've mentioned in my analysis against him remains. However, I have noticed him tunneling me a bit, which is a bit suspicious.

@Swiss: Question answered.

I might as well claim now. I am a Town Doctor. Night 2, I protected McFox and in Night 3, I protected Vanderzant. He had fears of being Night Killed on Night 3, so that's why I protected him. Depending if Vanderzant remains as my strongest town read, I do plan on protecting him on Night 4.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
also vanz

you never elaborated as to why I would be the scum buddy

elaborate on your thoughts because I'm very interested - you've been suspecting me for quite some time now.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Kat, Gheb didn't even mention you in his latest post (which I find kind of odd because he FoSes me for L-1ing but not you)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
unvote - also I thought you meant PK being at L-1, which is exactly what I did

I need to review a few things, one moment

D

Deleted member

ssbf why did you claim? also I believe you
Yes because I was at L-1. But this was also because this is my last resort as a defense. If I had waited until later, I probably would get lynched.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
First off all, there was no majority at the point you placed your vote. And why did you just go brainlessly along as you imply here.
What? I put him at L-1. How is that not a "majority"

And you voted along with that?
At that stage there was like 10 seconds (exaggeration) till the deadline. No other lynch was going through. Fro was useless anyway, and better than a no lynch.

Whoo, the activity argument. invalid as hell. also, first game so I don't get you saying "I never expected to" like you always play aggressive.
1) I was p***** because I was getting tunnelled for 1 post while half the town weren't even doing anything.

2) Rykers first post asked us "what do you think your playstyle will be like" where I said I'd thought I'd be agressive, but turns out I played differently. How is this even relevant lol?

responds to Ryker/V by saying his words got twisted by TheGuide, only to quote the "twisted" post by the_guide. instead of actually quoting his post to show it got twisted.
Well my words WERE twisted. I never said I was trying to make Ryker slip, The_Guide said that, and Ryker tried to hold that against me. Prove me wrong, please.

Very hasty about knowing SSBF's opinion on him. Interesting to say the least.
Nah I was just annoyed because everyone kept getting subbed out of the game. I wanted to put a case on Dancer, but he subbed out. So I wanted to see if SSBF shared the same views as dancer.

Bit of pressure is fine, but calling out the other 2 scum here out of 4 is... interesting, especially because 2 of them are now dead and turned out town.
Lol you/Ryker did the same thing.

makes a post almost entirely consisting of quotes, barely his own comment, and then vote The_Guide. That's not really helping.
I showed how he made a MASSIVE contradiction, in case you skimmed that part. It was his words, not mine that were important.

on rPSI
Hypocrisy is not an argument. rPSI was still right
Nah man. He said swiss/mcfox are scum. So he's wrong so far.

actually votes McFox while only saying he doesn't know how to handle the kind of play McFox uses.
Seems like a bad attempt at distancing here.
LOL I must be really bad if I'm trying to distance myself from townies...

opens with voting SSBF (yes this is the posts right after the McFox vote)
and he actually brings solid points to the table on him, like lack of committal, constantly stating who is scum AND town, skimming.
Why thank you.

Interesting to note is that everybody else seems to completely ignore these 2 guys at this point.
Well I surely haven't been ignoring SSBF. As for the rest of town, we've been pretty lazy in general since the start of Day 3.

funny to see that right away (#620, #621)SSBF and vanderzant say "will make a serious post later" what is the point in doing this?
Because I had **** I wanted to write but I wanted to think about it first, plus I had Assignment johns.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
also vanz

you never elaborated as to why I would be the scum buddy

elaborate on your thoughts because I'm very interested - you've been suspecting me for quite some time now.
Remember when I called out Dancer for putting a weak case on me, and I threw your name in there? Well I've been suspicious since then. That was probably the main reason.

More recently, I thought you were #1 suspect to be SSBF's buddy because you never said you thought he was scummy, while pretty much everyone else did.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Lastly, how the **** did you swing from this:

V said:
Those are some interesting point you bring up on SSBF, however it seems that is just how he plays, given the games that I've been (and still) are in with him.
To

"SSBF, you should threat that FoS as heavy as a vote"

Everything you said about SSBF is basically a massive parrot of what I already said. You might use different evidence, but really it's just the same **** in the end. That SSBF has done some scummy things. But as you said, that's "just how he plays".

D

Deleted member

ssbf crucial information is missing from your claim...
Is it from my Night 1 action as Doctor? If so, why do you need it? I'm not sure why I need to bring it up, especially since Sworddancer was in my seat at the time.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
sorry ssbf =( I thought you would have sworddancer's results, but you replaced in so I guess not. Is this true then?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Thing is SSBF, fake claims happen a lot.

Guys, lets think about this:

If SSBF as a scum were about to be lynched, he could claim doc, giving him a free townie pass 'till end game where scum win (it's happened before I believe). The beautiful thing about claiming at this stage in the game is that town literally cannot afford to lose another townie, especially with NK's. This means that the real doc is forced into claiming and being killed (with the scum still able to claim pro town move of directing attention away from the real doc AND misdirecting the NK) OR the doc lies low, and hopes to be lynched. I mean, it sucks.

Imagine I was the doc, I wouldn't have any way of knowing if SSBF were town helping us, or scum screwing us.

I should imagine we'll know tomorrow as I doubt scum will leave a doc alive.

V - you have made cases against two players. Assuming SSBF's claim is real, you have made two cases which are now null...

Unvote

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Swiss, if SSBF isn't the doc, he's almost definitely scum. The thought of a townie false claiming doc is pretty ridiculous.

If the doc is someone other than SSBF, that player should counter claim IMMEDIATELY (which no one has, so I'm assuming SSBF's claim is for real).

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, if SSBF isn't the doc, he's almost definitely scum. The thought of a townie false claiming doc is pretty ridiculous.

If the doc is someone other than SSBF, that player should counter claim IMMEDIATELY (which no one has, so I'm assuming SSBF's claim is for real).
Agreed, as soon as SSBF answers Kat's final question, we can pretty much work on the assumption he's the doc.

I'm not entirely sure who I want to look at now, and we are really starting to run out of time.

Vi - what do you think of me (worded to 'people in general' probably) just not buying the cases you've just made? Do you agree this could look like scum trying to cast suspicion as it were?

@ People- who do you want to look at now?

I favour Vi for the lynch, though I'm not exactly happy with that.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
nah it's cool - we can pretty much let ssbf go if he doesn't have dancer's results N1 because he was a replacement - I just want ssbf to clarify if this is the case so we can move on to questioning others. Ssbf if you could clear this up quickly... deadline's not far off.

D

Deleted member

@Kataefi: I do not have the result for Sworddancer's Night 1 protection. I'm sorry to say that.

Top Bottom