• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 6 - OVER! Who lived happily ever after in Newbie Land?!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
replacements receive all information from their predessecors - as such ssbf saying he does not have dancer's results is a lie. This leads me to think his claim is fake.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh..oh dear.

SSBF has denied having knowledge of something he should have knowledge about? One of the benefits of playing this game more I suppose.

Sneaky Kat, sneaky.

Swiss, if SSBF isn't the doc, he's almost definitely scum. The thought of a townie false claiming doc is pretty ridiculous.

Vote: SSBF

SSBF, what do you say about this? If you're doc, why did you lie?

Swiss

Smash Lord
unvote

You know what, I'd prefer to FoS SSBF

But a vote is almost certainly landing on him from me, before the deadline.

If he gets two more votes, I WILL hammer.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Let's look at this in perspective:

ssbf does not have dancer's results - generally replacements receive all information from the player they take over. This is the first contradiction.

The no-kill N1 suggests that the doc used an ability or the mafia no-killed. The latter is unlikely. It's very likely the doc protected successfully. This is why I found it odd ssbf would start from N2 onwards... surely he would mention his most successful result? but he doesn't have this...

Ssbf if you do end up town I'll be very surprised - you as town have nothing to withhold and nothing to lie about. However, you as scum would not be too surprising =p

The only thing making me overthink this situation is why there is no counter claim - however, let's lynch ssbf and find out.

D

Deleted member

Hm, kind of agree with kat here. I myself recieved previous results when I replaced in.
The reason there is no counterclaim is simple. Doc doesn't want to die.

I'll read back some more (ignoring SSBF and vand a bit ofc.) to see if I can find something.

Yes Swiss my cases weren't that strong, nor did I expect a vand quicklynch as result or something like that. I was requested to make a serious contribution so I did.

D

Deleted member

problem is that we lose doc in both cases by either NK or we lynch him now.
We also still have to find the other scum member.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
V said:
problem is that we lose doc in both cases by either NK or we lynch him now.
Completely aware of that. Imho it'd be worth it to get a confirmed scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I said he was lieing (spelling?), it doesn;t ALWAYS equate to being scum.

However, you raise a fair point

Vote SSBF

To be fair though, Clown, I could have easily said the same about you (even though you seem to be less suspicious of him than me). Why aren't YOU voting him? Also how do you proposewe get a 'confirmed' scum? By lynching?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
But you said there was "no reason" for him to lie. From that wouldn't it be fair to interpret that you thought he was scum?

You seem to realize already that I don't find him as suspicious as you do which is the very reason I'm not yet voting him. I think that...

-his claim could still be true and there was a mistake on the GM's part
-SSBF is lying while still being Doc (this is probably the least likely)
-or maybe he didn't even read his replacement PM well enough.

Unless someone counterclaims I think we should have a different lynch. We get a confirmed (okay, maybe not confirmed, but MOST LIKELY) scum by having real Doc claim (if SSBF's claim is false) because one has to be lying. I'd propose we go with SSBF first because with the information he's withheld he's more likely imo.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Points two and three there are so unlikely your avatar might as well be flying.

No reason for lying doesn't equate to scum, maybe he was/is a misguided townie. No point in trying to make me look like I said something I didn't now, is there?

Bah, SSBF for scum imo.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
So... He HAS to be lying, he's PROBABLY scum, he MIGHT be town, and you didn't vote him until I pointed out that you only FoS'd even though you SEEMED at the time to find him pretty **** scummy.

Interesting.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yes, since when does thinking someone scummy and not voting IMMEDIATELY without discussing with the majority (town play) equal scum play?

I fail to see your point.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Unless you found someone else more suspicious (in which case you should have voted said person) I don't see any reason for you to simply FoS him. Remember, before Unvoting/FoSing, you had your vote on him and immediately, for some reason, you unvoted.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yes, I unvoted for the fear that the vote could be on a townie, or for reasons that had glaring holes in them which I didn't see. After some more people posted and saw no obvious problems, my suspicion 'levels' of SSBF rose again, as the probability of mis info from Kat decreased. You then questioned why I hadn't re-voted, I considered and re-voted.

You are questioning me as to why my opinion of players changes over time? You are surprised that I had reservations voting someone and wasn't certain?

FoS Clownbot

Would you prefer I turned every FoS into a vote?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You're completely misunderstanding what I'm saying. Or maybe you're just twisting my words.

Of course you can think and change your opinions over time, that's a huge part of the game. I just think it's kind of... Weird that you happened to "change your opinions" right after I pointed out that you merely FoS'd.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh, I see, well not really when you consider that it was you saying that which made me re-read and re-consider my opinion. You asking me "Swiss what is your opinion of SSBF now?" would have had the same effect.

It was precisely because you posted that I re-considered and 'changed my opinion'.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Kat you better not be screwing with us >.<. I wanna here from Xiivi first.

@Mod: Do replacements receive results/information regarding who they targeted from previous nights?

I still think that without a counter-claim we're f'd in the a if SSBF is the doc.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
@Mod: Do replacements receive results/information regarding who they targeted from previous nights?
Replacements are always given all mechanical information the player they replaced had knowledge of. This includes night actions taken and results of night actions if there is a result to report.

Day 4 Vote Count 3:

Clownbot: (0)
Gheb_01: (0)
Kataefi: (0)
The Paprika Killer: Super Smash Bros. Fan, Gheb_01, (
)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: vanderzant, Kataefi, Swiss (
)
Swiss: (0)
vanderzant: (0)
Not Voting: Clownbot, The Paprika Killer (
)

Deadline for Day 4 has been set for May 16th, 2010 11:59PM EST.

4/7 to lynch.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
so with that said:

why would ssbf lie about N1 results? What benefit from a town perspective is there for doing this? This is either a grave error on his part or he is scum, and it's the best lynch target for me toDay.

let's get'im!!!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Xiivi said:
Replacements are always given all mechanical information the player they replaced had knowledge of. This includes night actions taken and results of night actions if there is a result to report.
In that case... Vote SSBF

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 4 Ends & Night 4 Begins!

Day 4 Vote Count 4:

The Paprika Killer: Super Smash Bros. Fan, Gheb_01, (
)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: vanderzant, Kataefi, Swiss, Clownbot (
)
vanderzant: (0)
Not Voting: The Paprika Killer (
)
Super Smash Bros. Fan (Town Doctor) has been lynched!

It is now Night 4, please send in all Night Actions to me by 05.17.10 11:59PM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 5 Begins & Night 4 Ends!

Day 5 Vote Count 0:

The Paprika Killer: (0)
Not Voting: Clownbot, Gheb_01, Kataefi, The Paprika Killer, Swiss (
)

vanderzant (Vanilla Townie) has been murdered!

Deadline for Day 5 has been set for May 26th, 2010 11:59PM EST.

3/5 to lynch.

Top Bottom