• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 24 - SMT: Devil Survivor LAW IS VICTORIOUS #1 CHAOS LOSES AHAHAHAH

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Metatron was having a smoke with Jesus up in heaven until they were interrupted by some chaosfags causing trouble

Metatron ain't letting that **** happen in his neighborhood so he came down to earth to smight another poor ****** who dare get in his way

unlucky for Potassium, Vanilla Townie he was that poor ******.

3rd Day begins.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Pawn and FF scum likely.

Badwulf was around and posting all yesterday in the sign ups thread, if he had sent in the kill, the day would have begun faster.

Highly doubt any other PR's but me/Raz/Gaga's was in play, he was essentially a weak cop.

Can't remember exactly how voyeur works right now.

/wifom

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Voyeur usually sees any actions that target a player. Not the players that do them. They're like a watcher that learns what happened, but not who did it.

Which is a weird role in this setup from what I can see.

Badwolf, you and I need to talk calmly and rationally about this after my exam this evening, because us being pissed at each other could very well lose us the game at this point.

Nothing more for now, need to continue studying.

and for christ's sake, nobody vote yet. I know Rake won't, but FF, Pawn, Badwolf, hold your ***** for at least a few hours.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
On the bright side, you've made this an easy Town win as long as we convince either FF or Badwolf (whichever is Town) to vote for you today, Pawn.

You're then forced to kill either Rake or I, which clears the other.

Either you win toDay, or you lose the game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
And FF's alignment was.....? Town, I presume, but you're leaving it out assumedly because you didn't catch scum. (So you claim)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Alright, cool. You've made the rest of the day easy, then.

By coming out with this nonsense cop-claim and an instant vote in LyLo, you've made a noobscum mistake in trying to end the game as quickly as possible. We're in LyLo, and quickvoting loses games in LyLo. I can understand why you did so, because I'm going to be able to deconstruct the pushes and motivations (especially FF's play) now that you've put things on the table.

My job is easy now, because I don't have to figure out which one of the remaining 3 is Town. I know it CAN'T be you, because I'm Rake's neighbor and we're confirmed Town.

I don't have to figure out who the 2nd scum is, because once we lynch you, the game is functionally over. Rake and I are Neighbors, so killing one of us clears the other, and the remaining Townie votes with either Rake or myself to lynch your partner on the final day.

If you instead kill the remaining Townie, Rake and I vote together and you lose.

All I have to do is prove the following scenario:

Which scumteam is more likely?

Raz/Rake or FF/Pawn?

You've made things quite easy for me thanks to claiming FF is clear, because it means I don't have to guess his alignment. All I have to do is convince Badwolf that you're scum.

ON THAT NOTE:

Badwolf. I'm not going to type the full case right now. I KNOW you're not happy with my pushes and ****ty gut reads on you on D1 and 2. I understand your position. But what I want you to do for me, is simply.... wait. The game rides on this lynch, and the two of us will need to talk things over.

I desperately need to get back to studying, but I wanted to make the state of the game clear.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The main thing FF did was play on my GaGa suspicion. His post at the end of D1 was leading in that direction, and he was pushing a GaGa/Kantrip scumteam (both Town). I regret jumping on the wagon on GaGa, because I said to myself "I've got a bad feeling about this, scoob", but they couldn't have seen the neighbor claim coming when they made that push.

Rake, don't do anything stupid to get Badwolf to fly off the handle. Rational heads will win the day.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Well I was wrong.

Turns out that Pawn wagon was legit.

Why i never stay focused on baseless D1 reads I'll never know.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Badwulf, go read pawn's 409, then his subsequent 457, he goes from chainsawing down the Xiroey lynch, to almost straight suspicion on FF from one post.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
From who? We're Town Neighbors, we already claimed that. I can paraphrase the flavor if you really want, but we don't have special names, or at least I don't. Nobody in the game has thus far.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So we have a cop claim vs. a neighbors claim eh? Considering pwn already put his vote out, that means its gotta be either Rake/Raz scum or Wulf/Pwn scum.

Let's break this down.

We've got a setup consisting of Town Cop & Voyeur vs. whatever scum PR's are out there or Town Neighbors & Voyeur vs possible scum PRs.

No one has claimed getting RB'd or messed with by a scum pr in any way this game thus far, so it seems to me like we're either dealing with a passive role like godfather or a roleblocker with some bad luck.

Just based on the strength of the claims alone, I'm really leaning toward pwn being legit here. Here's why.

His investigations make sense to me. Investigating a late replacement on D1 is a pretty smart play, regardless of who the slot was being played by and being taken up by. Xiroey from what I recall was pretty quiet D1 anyway, so that's a question mark that needed clearing up.

Investigating one of the claimed "neighbors" also makes completely perfect sense. If you confirm the claimer as town, you effectively get two clears. If you catch them lying, you get two scummies outted. No question about that decision.

Beyond the decisions, we can look at the game setup as a whole. We're in a newbie game firstly. Just on that alone, cop seems like the more reasonable claim. Also, considering what else we know is in the setup (Voyeur), it makes WAY more sense than neighbors, who don't have any targetting abilities at all. If neighbors were the only other town PR in the game (which Rake and Raz contend), then the voyeur power is a red herring, which would be ******** in a newbie game. The game needs to have some kind of targetting role other than the voyeur for the setup to make sense, so a town cop fits in quite nicely. This could be coupled very well with a mafia godfather, RBer. and/or framer/lawyer/tailor. Just in terms of game balance and what a good noobie game should look like, Cop/Voyeur/one of the above listed scum PRs as the setup just makes wayyyyyyyyyy more sense. I mean think about it. What kind of PR can the scum have that works against neighbors? ****ing nothing. A setup of Voyeur and Neighbors would be ********. Voyeur literally cant gather ANY USEFUL INFO AT ALL. Zero. There wouldn't be a single targetting role in the game that would yield useful info (they could see the person who's about to die get targetted by the kill, but that's useless).

Then we can look at the claim coming out of Rake/Raz. We have a rush claimed coming out in twilight, with no real time for explanation. On top of that, I personally just have a really hard time seeing them as legit neighbors. Just from my reading of this game, I never would have guessed those two to be confirmed to each other as town. They just didn't carry themselves in that manner. Not that they said they were crumbing it, but even so, I don't see their interactions as indicative of being confirmed town to one another.

There are also a couple other interesting tidbits we can look at:

Feel like a cop / tracker should out their results tomorrow regardless of flip.

Agree / Disagree ?
Expecting a cop claim and now you're freaking out about it because you got copped and outted? Classy as **** scum move bro

I'm going to say this now, in the event that we're wrong. The benefits outweigh the cons.

Rake and I are confirmed Town to each other as Town Neighbors. This is the main reason I came in defending him.

I am saying this now so it isn't misconstrued as a gambit tomorrow.
lol dat WIFOM

"Hey guys I'm making a claim that is unconfirmable and would be a perfect claim for a scum team trying to win on the next day as a gambit. BUT DON'T WORRY IM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW ITS NOT A GAMBIT SO ITS TOTALLY NOT A GAMBIT CUZ I SAID SO!"

Did you actually think that that was a seriously good argument? Like actually?

But yeah, I don't think there's too much else to say. Other than that fact that just at face value, it seems WAYYYYYYYY more likely to me that Raz/Rake would have the confidence as scum to pull a fake claim gambit compared to pwn, who's been giving me classic noobtown tells all game. Are you guys seriously contending that pwn just made up a fake cop claim on the spot in a ****ing newbie game? I really don't see how anyone can look at this claim off and legitimately think that your neighbors claim looks legit at all.

Need to wait for badwolf though on this and hear what he has to say. Gotta make sure we've got all our info on the table here.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lmao I also just realized that your claim actually doesn't even make sense to what power you actually say you have.

You claim that you are confirmed to each other as town. That's a classic town MASONRY.

A town "friendly" neighbor usually gets to pick one person in the game to send a message to confirming that he, the friendly neighbor, is town. Once that request is sent, it's a one way transaction and though the receiver is informed that the sender is town, the sender does not get confirmation of the receivers alignment.

Another version, called the "neighborizer" can usually add one or two people into a "neighborhood" in which the members can chat privately about the game out of the main thread, but DO NOT have their alignments confirmed to one another.

yeah wow, don't know how I didn't catch that earlier. Your claim is ****ing bogus hahaha

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You can yell at Soup later about it. We're called Neighbors, despite functioning as masons.

I'll blow that post up later.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm Town Neighbor (literal name). I'm apparently pretty introverted, but when **** hit the fan, I happened to be with one of my very close friends and will do whatever we can to survive. I'm given a QT link, and told that my neighbor is confirmed to be of the same alignment.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Rake, be careful not to ad-hom, you'll only provide fuel for the fire to cause distractions.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

wait wait wait.

FF puts out a list, where everyone is scum but him, and Pawn

And then says he needs to wait on BW's input.

WAT

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, also, can I get full claims from everyone please. Flavor on your Cop claim, FF's claim, Badwolf's claim.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Holy **** everything.

Right now I'm kinda stuck in the middle of a huge ****storm that I wasn't planning on, tbh I was expecting to have been quicklynched. Ok whatever. Working with the circumstances.

WRT: Rake/Raz claim: It's really bad, nothing had provoked it and it just looks really off. Also I'm almost positive that Soup wouldn't have put Neighbors in a newbie game. Really right now I'm not sure tho.

WRT: Pwn claim: Really bad as well, I don't put a false claim past any of them, but I'm not entirely sure that he's faking it. He is really confusing right now and I'm really not sure, again.

I don't have a care about FF right now, he's secondary to my concerns.

Right now, as I'm kinda the one who has the most control over what's going to happen, I want everyone to lay out their reads sans myself. Once that's done I'll post again, after rereading with Rake/Raz/Pwn scum in mind.

:applejack:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm not able to post at extremely length at the moment. There's not a ton in the QT, but I'll get it for you later.

Just wait, and don't vote. That's all that has to be done right this second, is nobody votes.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

So we have a cop claim vs. a neighbors claim eh? Considering pwn already put his vote out, that means its gotta be either Rake/Raz scum or Wulf/Pwn scum.

Let's break this down.

We've got a setup consisting of Town Cop & Voyeur vs. whatever scum PR's are out there or Town Neighbors & Voyeur vs possible scum PRs.

No one has claimed getting RB'd or messed with by a scum pr in any way this game thus far, so it seems to me like we're either dealing with a passive role like godfather or a roleblocker with some bad luck.

Just based on the strength of the claims alone, I'm really leaning toward pwn being legit here. Here's why.

His investigations make sense to me. Investigating a late replacement on D1 is a pretty smart play, regardless of who the slot was being played by and being taken up by. Xiroey from what I recall was pretty quiet D1 anyway, so that's a question mark that needed clearing up.

Investigating one of the claimed "neighbors" also makes completely perfect sense. If you confirm the claimer as town, you effectively get two clears. If you catch them lying, you get two scummies outted. No question about that decision.
So your saying in one breath that me and Raz are scum, but that in another Wulf is too.

So everyone is scum but you & Pawn.

Huh.

Beyond the decisions, we can look at the game setup as a whole. We're in a newbie game firstly. Just on that alone, cop seems like the more reasonable claim. Also, considering what else we know is in the setup (Voyeur), it makes WAY more sense than neighbors, who don't have any targetting abilities at all. If neighbors were the only other town PR in the game (which Rake and Raz contend), then the voyeur power is a red herring, which would be ******** in a newbie game. The game needs to have some kind of targetting role other than the voyeur for the setup to make sense, so a town cop fits in quite nicely. This could be coupled very well with a mafia godfather, RBer. and/or framer/lawyer/tailor. Just in terms of game balance and what a good noobie game should look like, Cop/Voyeur/one of the above listed scum PRs as the setup just makes wayyyyyyyyyy more sense. I mean think about it. What kind of PR can the scum have that works against neighbors? ****ing nothing. A setup of Voyeur and Neighbors would be ********. Voyeur literally cant gather ANY USEFUL INFO AT ALL. Zero. There wouldn't be a single targetting role in the game that would yield useful info (they could see the person who's about to die get targetted by the kill, but that's useless).
Okay , just no on this set up analysis crap. Just because a cop would seem reasonable, does not make it so by any stretch. What exactly does targeting have to do with anything ? Neighbours are arguably just as good, providing they play right, it's two town clears , Voyuer works just as well. The voyeur being a possible "red herring" or "********" does not equate us to scum. Just because something fits nicely, does not make it so, you and I have no idea how soup set this game up, all we have is our roles to go by and since me and Raz are town here, your arguing using set up analysis to try and fool people into thinking : well that makes a little sense so...

Then we can look at the claim coming out of Rake/Raz. We have a rush claimed coming out in twilight, with no real time for explanation. On top of that, I personally just have a really hard time seeing them as legit neighbors. Just from my reading of this game, I never would have guessed those two to be confirmed to each other as town. They just didn't carry themselves in that manner. Not that they said they were crumbing it, but even so, I don't see their interactions as indicative of being confirmed town to one another.
Yeah, we rushed it, why ? Because town NEEDED that information, regardless of Gaga's flip. Also, your personal opinion of how me and Raz interacted does not make it so, in fact, I don't see how you get to scum buddying vs two townies who know each other's alignment. Raz's interactions were much more heavy towards knowing my alignment then mine were tbh, but I still made sure to never let Raz waver from being town because I knew it to be so.

There are also a couple other interesting tidbits we can look at:

Expecting a cop claim and now you're freaking out about it because you got copped and outted? Classy as **** scum move bro

lol dat WIFOM
Voyuer subverts my expectation of cop entirely.

We're freaking out because this cop claim is an obvious scum tactic

"Hey guys I'm making a claim that is unconfirmable and would be a perfect claim for a scum team trying to win on the next day as a gambit. BUT DON'T WORRY IM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW ITS NOT A GAMBIT SO ITS TOTALLY NOT A GAMBIT CUZ I SAID SO!"
More like, this info is important to town right now.

And what your doing right now is a classic scum move, your trying to swing me and Raz's early claim in a scummy manner by arguing that because we are both alive, we must be scum. Of course we are both alive, by claiming yesterday we ran the risk of being wrong on Gaga and having this exact situation happen, where the real scum tries some half baked gambit to lynch us neighbours.

. Are you guys seriously contending that pwn just made up a fake cop claim on the spot in a ****ing newbie game? I really don't see how anyone can look at this claim off and legitimately think that your neighbors claim looks legit at all.

Need to wait for badwolf though on this and hear what he has to say. Gotta make sure we've got all our info on the table here.
Wouldn't be hard with you telling him how to do it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Badwulf, cmon man, he starts that entire wall by stating that Pawn could be scum with you.

and then wants your input after he ONLY lays out why Pawn AND ONLY Pawn, is more legit than us.

Why would he even bother, if he's going to then explain why he believes Pawn is legit.

He's arguing me and Raz as a scum team and can't even call you town in the same breath. Faked claim is fake

Top Bottom