• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 24 - SMT: Devil Survivor LAW IS VICTORIOUS #1 CHAOS LOSES AHAHAHAH

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Not surprised Ran went first, his towniness was obvious.

Howso paranoid , young Wulf ?

As an aside, I'd like to remind you that if your a cop/tracker or something a got a guilty / mafia result, that now would probably be a great time to share it. with 6 alive it's 4 v 2 and a mislynch toDay means mylo tommorow

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

*EBWOP:

counted wrong, 7 alive, 5 v 2 , mislynch today is 3v2 tomorrow, but would still be mylo

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Everything else will be addressed after I get off work.

Meanwhile i want people's directions toDay after TurazTown, and who they think on his wagon was scum and why.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Tuz's flip was unexpected, was pretty sure he was scum, then again it's a newbie game so bad play probably should have been the hardest tell of all.

Don't remember Tuz pushing anyone but you for being lurk scum and Pwan for being defesive or something along those lines, Pawn I might take another look at for the sake of solidyfying him one way or another. You i kinda felt were fitting into your terrible town play meta later yesterday , but i've yet to see anything making me go : yeah me and Wuf are town bro's this go round.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Pawn, as to why Gaga, felt like as I read the game last night like I never got a solid read on him despite him being here and being vocal, I felt like some of his posts were hollow-er or kinda lacked any real initiative. In a newbie game there is no way I should have trouble feeling one way or another , so with Gaga I kinda felt like he was actively inactive, like he was here and posting but maybe not actually in a way that contributed.

Xiroey's slot falls into the category of : Balrgh, wat do, newb town of scared scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The Ranmaru kill is very interesting.

@Badwolf: Why do you think Ran was the target?

Other people can feel free to answer this question as well.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

C'mon Kantrip, tell me how that helps you at all, we both know why an people are just going to echo me anyhow :/

Kantrip

Kantplay
Aww did you spoil the answer already?

I want a newbie or someone to come in here with some helpful insight on why anyone would shoot Ran, followed by some pressure on a slot that is obvscum right now.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Yeah i kinda did.

W/e we can still see what happens.

How do you feel about pushing Gaga with me ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Scum needs to kill people who are telling hard and keep questionable people around to keep suspicion off themselves.

Think of it like taking outliers out of linear data that would throw the curve unfavorably to one side and force people to doubt the data. They want the data to appear linear so people don't question it.

In the case of mafia, scum kills people who are clearly town to muddle themselves in with the inactives and people who are arguably scummy, thereby keeping the pressure off themselves like I said above.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Please expatiate on this as well. Why is obviousness a factor?
What do you think of Rake proclaiming that Ran was obviously town and some of the other things Rake is saying?

Ran was pushing pretty hard for Xiroey and Badwolf, if I recall correctly. Do you think we should be looking more heavily at these players?

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
Scum needs to kill people who are telling hard and keep questionable people around to keep suspicion off themselves.

Think of it like taking outliers out of linear data that would throw the curve unfavorably to one side and force people to doubt the data. They want the data to appear linear so people don't question it.

In the case of mafia, scum kills people who are clearly town to muddle themselves in with the inactives and people who are arguably scummy, thereby keeping the pressure off themselves like I said above.
I see.

What do you think of Rake proclaiming that Ran was obviously town and some of the other things Rake is saying?
It's a bit early to say for Rake, but he seems to be a little impatient. He just jumped in saying "Hm Ran's dead let's push GaGa." Again, a bit early to say. More on this later.

Ran was pushing pretty hard for Xiroey and Badwolf, if I recall correctly. Do you think we should be looking more heavily at these players?
We can keep an eye on them, but this feels like a better case to me:
Yeah. I feel you had more reason to want to go towards Tuz, than Raz. I just didn't like that you were jumping to conclusions, but I feel Raz/Rake are scummier and I don't like Raz trying to shoot down the rake wagon by going after GaGa/Badwolf for no reason, and saying that Rake has been creating 'content'.

Raz/Rake are deff better options.
This makes me consider having Raz/Rake being investigated instead upon Tuz town flip.
I'm thinking we should push Raz/Rake.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm def on board with a gaga push. As I said D1, I got scummy vibes on my initial read through from him.

As for Ran's death, I'm more sympathetic to the idea that he was killed for seeming townie. On my initial read through he didn't exactly scream obvtown, but I had a town leaning read on him and I wouldn't be suprised if that sentiment was well shared.

Ran did a lot of talking early on in the game but I really have a hard time seeing a kill on him being motivated by any specific accusations he made. tbqh I didn't see any particularly strong lines of argument coming from him

But yeah, looking at Gaga and Kant today would make me a happy camper

GaGa

Smash Journeyman
I've had a lot of things going on, I haven't been as active as I wanted to be.
That being said, my lack of presence does not make me scum.

I did not agree with the last lynch.
The last lynch turned out to be a waste.
#thatisall.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I've had a lot of things going on, I haven't been as active as I wanted to be.
That being said, my lack of presence does not make me scum.

I did not agree with the last lynch.
The last lynch turned out to be a waste.
#thatisall.
There's always the chance that we lynch town. It's not a sure thing ever.

:applejack:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Please expatiate on this as well. Why is obviousness a factor?
Obvious Townies are less likely to be lynched. Makes them more likely to be nightkilled, as Mafia cannot remove them by other means.

I'm thinking we should push Raz/Rake.
Out of curiosity.... are both of us scum? If so, are we scum together? If we're not both scum, which one of us is Town and why?

Frozenflame: You have a penchant for being killed Night 1. This game, you weren't. Does this tell you anything about who might be scum? Is it possible the scumteam consists of players who are not aware of your reputation?

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
Sorry it took me so long, my internet's been out.

Out of curiosity.... are both of us scum? If so, are we scum together? If we're not both scum, which one of us is Town and why?
Ran was accusing you of being a pair, and now he's dead. Him being a good player and obvtown made him a danger to scum, and if he'd lived and continued this push and one of you was lynched and flipped scum, it wouldn't've taken much for the other to get lynched. I'm going with you both being scum. It explains the most based off the current evidence.

Frozenflame: You have a penchant for being killed Night 1. This game, you weren't. Does this tell you anything about who might be scum? Is it possible the scumteam consists of players who are not aware of your reputation?
Why is this relevant?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Eh Pawn, as much as I appreciate you bringing something new , but the idea of Me or Raz killing Ran, due to the fact he was obviously town, is a bit short sighted tbh.

Now for some other matter's:

@FF: The next time you post I want your direction and reads.
@Gaga: Could you address the question's I had in my response to you

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
POst #507 seriously just strikes me as odd, almost forced.

I can't tell though if Gaga legit thinks that what he's saying sounds super genuine when it just comes off as calculating and detached.

Like maybe he thinks he actually sounds townie with that type of diction but lol it realllly comes off too distant to be genuine.

blah reading new people so hard >_<

lol, if I worried about the implications of not being killed N1 every game, I'd drive myself crazy. It's like huge personal WIFOM. I see what you're trying to touch on here with this question, but really there isn't a lot I can really draw from my being alive. I'd say I'm somewhat sympathetic to the notion that we could have a pair of scummies that have little to no experience playing against me and thus, didn't have a particularly strong inclination toward killing me early. However, what I really think is more likely, is that regardless of the experience the scummies have playing against me, they likely didn't really even consider me as a target in a really normal sense considering I just barely replaced in before the hammer vote was cast. I really wouldn't even be suprised if one or both scum didn't even realize I was the replacement, especially if they were skimming after they saw the hammer ya know?

So yeah, newbies not knowing my reputation, though plausible, I think is a somewhat unlikely cause for my survival. I'd more attribute that to my late entrance if I had to guess.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Eh Pawn, as much as I appreciate you bringing something new , but the idea of Me or Raz killing Ran, due to the fact he was obviously town, is a bit short sighted tbh.

How is it short-sighted?

You recognized Ran as the biggest threat and killed him. The way you felt obligated to make a comment on Ran's death making sense because he was "obvious town" is suspicious to me. Now, I'm not saying you and Raz are both scum, but I'm definitely looking at you. I don't think you really believe your GaGa push, and I'm not buying it myself either. You are gonna have to say a lot more to sell me on GaGa.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Don't like FF's #515. I like Raz's question to FF that he answers in that post.

Raz town, Rake scum, FF leaning scum.

@FF: Full reads please?

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman

Dismissive and not really addressing the problem. How is it shortsighted?

Top Bottom