• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 23 // MGS3 Villains Mafia - Game Over

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is really not what I was expecting, to be honest, but after seeing it I'm not sure I really could have expected you to say anything else. It almost feels like you are only reading into badwolf, and aren't paying attention to anyone else in the game...
Evaluate your saying. Quote my sayings on how it feels like I'm reading into Badwolf despite the vote and pressure.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok then, Ttar.

Vinyl, how am I reaching?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
There's monstrama for one.

This one doesn't have suspicion, but look at soup. He's a tough cookie in here if you look at his playstyle and being a strong town read. Best not to forget about him, but at least keep it for low priority for now.

So, is this it.
I don't see any reason for Soup to be looked at if he is your strongest town read. :glare:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want everyone to make sure they have read this Post, and keep it in mind for the future. Ask questions now/during twilight if you have any!

Doc, on me/soup.
Cop, do what you think is best. Soup you can give a suggestion if you'd like.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ttar, if Vinyl flips scum, who will you look at next and why?

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
Evaluate your saying. Quote my sayings on how it feels like I'm reading into Badwolf despite the vote and pressure.
You're pressuring badwolf with your vote, and not talking about any other suspicions. Hence: It feels like you are only interested in badwolf.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Ragnarok asking me to explain my reads and then pressing for a hammer makes me inclined to think that his question posed to me was more or less primarily empty. This juxtaposed with his whole, "omg I hope you are town!!" just really doesn't peel off on me well, at all. I mean if he was really interested in me being town he should be interested in giving me time to provide the rationale behind my two stated scum picks. I put in an indirect assertion that I would be busy by requesting a deadline extension. The best that I could give him to explain his behavior is that my foses aren't really on priority for him which made his stated interest in my slot forced, faux. This ignoring the fact that the entire statement seems forced.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well i think he is town. He had his doubts on me from D1 so I can understand his statements now.

Now then, you should have said that you would have been busy. You waited three days to post and say that it was implied? What have you done all that time if i may ask.

:phone:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Vinyl was trolling because he didn't know how to emulate town scumhunting. When he is town he would naturally be asking people questions and being obvtown. I don't see how your point of how he'd play RVS along with a scummate would make sense. Loli (your predecessor) never posted so there would be no cohesion there anyways. Also keep in mind after his 'troll' votes he also voted your slot.
I'm stating that Vinyl. and Monstr. are likely not scum mates together and was forming reads along with a base town read on Tyr. to try to work out who the remaining mafia were before you and your chuckle buddy Ragnarok decided to push for an end to the day when we had an extra twenty four hours for me to entertain a q&a with you two. An instance that seems to have negligible value to both of you.

Your justification that Vinyl. trolling is indicative of a scum tell is an incredible reach. I don't really follow see any justification for why someone would act like an idiot during RVS as either alignment. However that also holds true that I don't see why trolling would be interpreted intrinsically as being town or scum without looking at context, something that your response is missing in every sense of the word.

This is not to say that it is interesting that you ignore me bringing up Monstr. as also taking on some form of trolling as he self-admits during RVS. An instance that is glossed over since what, Vinyl.'s trolling led to someone being held at L-1? Boo hoo, hoo. Not to mention I fail to see the point in you bringing up my slot being voted by a troll vote. How does this bear any significance, at all. Unless this is some pathetic attempt for you to lead a Vinyl. scum flip connection case against me which would be incredibly bunk.

There is a huge distinction between pro-town play which you mentioned which consists of asking incredibly mundane and trivial questions and actually town telling or given indications of town, tells which come about through non-intentional play.

I don't care how many questions or cases are asked or made in a given game. What is far more important is relative importance that these actions have for the player in question. For instance, I ignored most of the garbage you threw at me when I replaced in and you didn't care about following up since the questions I presume had relatively zero value to you. Something incredibly indicative in J's play in FF IX mafia and Kantrip's play in Link mafia.

I still need to go over both your justification for lynching either STEM or Vinyl. However if my conjecture is not incorrect, they are being targeted because their current reads don't match up with their old reads. Something that seems indicative of insincere argument analysis or rather the presumption that mafia are less dedicated to the process of scumhunting and therefore fabricate their reads, therefore not having actual rationale behind these reads resulting in them slipping.

This criteria combined with your use of questioning unsettles me, primarily because spray questioning is used as a tactic by mafia to give off a false sense of appearance that they are actually interested in the game through filler, but to people who are semi-decent they have the dual purpose of being "sprayed" to trap less than careful townies into generating discrepancies in their q&a giving them false justification to lynch someone based on discrepancy in and of itself without bothering to see whether the person's intent could have either town or scum motivations.

Vote: Ranmaru

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Well i think he is town. He had his doubts on me from D1 so I can understand his statements now.

Now then, you should have said that you would have been busy. You waited three days to post and say that it was implied? What have you done all that time if i may ask.

:phone:
I was preparing for an LSAT diagnostic which I just took today and am taking the exam October 6th, I'll likely waive it and forgo Law School another year seeing how dismal the entire profession is, but the only one that seems like a plausible and lucrative option for me to pursue given my past experience with it. Not that any of this actually matters to the game since I still am generally loathe to play since I often get agitated, more so when I am invested.

X1-12

Smash Champion
/ VOTECOUNT 2-7

Acrostic (0);
TyranitarPhantom (0);
BadWolf28738 (0);
Monstmrna (0);
Vinyl. (4); Monstmrna, Ragnarock, Ranmaru, TyranitarPhantom
Ranmaru (0);
Ragnarock (0);

Not Voting (3); Acrostic, Badwolf28738, Vinyl.
A lynch has been reached!

It is now Twilight; you may still post, but votes no longer count. You may also send in night actions. (Send them to Kary, not myself)
Twilight will end at approximately 7AM EST, when Vinyl. will be lynched!

Mod: Can we shorten Twilight?
No

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
#452 by itself isn't enough to sell me on Ranscum. I need to ISO and gauge it on intent. However, the lack on his part for trying to decipher intent and largely going off what I feel to be play discrepancies and empty questions is a large basis on my tentative fos. Then again the re-read is for me to mete out whether this is the reason why I dislike Ran's general play style or whether I legitimately believe that his play this game is scummy.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Acrostic reading your posts will always be a headache because of your word. I'll try and get to your post about Ranmaru but putting it in Layman's term next time.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: Wording. I don't have anything to provide or present until a flip occurs.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm stating that Vinyl. and Monstr. are likely not scum mates together and was forming reads along with a base town read on Tyr. to try to work out who the remaining mafia were before you and your chuckle buddy Ragnarok decided to push for an end to the day when we had an extra twenty four hours for me to entertain a q&a with you two. An instance that seems to have negligible value to both of you.

Your justification that Vinyl. trolling is indicative of a scum tell is an incredible reach. I don't really follow see any justification for why someone would act like an idiot during RVS as either alignment. However that also holds true that I don't see why trolling would be interpreted intrinsically as being town or scum without looking at context, something that your response is missing in every sense of the word.

This is not to say that it is interesting that you ignore me bringing up Monstr. as also taking on some form of trolling as he self-admits during RVS. An instance that is glossed over since what, Vinyl.'s trolling led to someone being held at L-1? Boo hoo, hoo. Not to mention I fail to see the point in you bringing up my slot being voted by a troll vote. How does this bear any significance, at all. Unless this is some pathetic attempt for you to lead a Vinyl. scum flip connection case against me which would be incredibly bunk.

There is a huge distinction between pro-town play which you mentioned which consists of asking incredibly mundane and trivial questions and actually town telling or given indications of town, tells which come about through non-intentional play.

I don't care how many questions or cases are asked or made in a given game. What is far more important is relative importance that these actions have for the player in question. For instance, I ignored most of the garbage you threw at me when I replaced in and you didn't care about following up since the questions I presume had relatively zero value to you. Something incredibly indicative in J's play in FF IX mafia and Kantrip's play in Link mafia.

I still need to go over both your justification for lynching either STEM or Vinyl. However if my conjecture is not incorrect, they are being targeted because their current reads don't match up with their old reads. Something that seems indicative of insincere argument analysis or rather the presumption that mafia are less dedicated to the process of scumhunting and therefore fabricate their reads, therefore not having actual rationale behind these reads resulting in them slipping.

This criteria combined with your use of questioning unsettles me, primarily because spray questioning is used as a tactic by mafia to give off a false sense of appearance that they are actually interested in the game through filler, but to people who are semi-decent they have the dual purpose of being "sprayed" to trap less than careful townies into generating discrepancies in their q&a giving them false justification to lynch someone based on discrepancy in and of itself without bothering to see whether the person's intent could have either town or scum motivations.

Vote: Ranmaru
Yeah sorry your replace in 'content' was crap and it didn't help us understand who you really thought was scum until the very last moment, oh hey when you mention me and Monstrmna. You instead of scumhunting, focused on Vinyl's wagon. I didn't see this as helpful and your thoughts weren't as transparent.

I didn't think Vinyl was scummy simply for trolling, to read people you have to understand how they tick and I have already covered Monstrmna's troll post and he said that he usually opened like that. So, Vinyl trolls because he doesn't know how to act town, and Monstrmna acted trolly in his opening post because he most likely thinks it's fun, since he does it most of the times.

I honestly don't remember what I questioned you about because my focus wasn't on you at the time, and I would have to look back to talk about why I didn't follow up. I'm going to assume you ignored my questions relating to you not having much reads etc, and I think you can still answer them because I still think they are important in reading you.

You also are trying to use my playstyle against me when I usually question due to curiosity. I feel you are adding it to your reasons to feel more justified when fake voting me. I don't see it as indicative of alignment.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was preparing for an LSAT diagnostic which I just took today and am taking the exam October 6th, I'll likely waive it and forgo Law School another year seeing how dismal the entire profession is, but the only one that seems like a plausible and lucrative option for me to pursue given my past experience with it. Not that any of this actually matters to the game since I still am generally loathe to play since I often get agitated, more so when I am invested.
Ok thank you.

#452 by itself isn't enough to sell me on Ranscum. I need to ISO and gauge it on intent. However, the lack on his part for trying to decipher intent and largely going off what I feel to be play discrepancies and empty questions is a large basis on my tentative fos. Then again the re-read is for me to mete out whether this is the reason why I dislike Ran's general play style or whether I legitimately believe that his play this game is scummy.
Underlined, why don't you read my explanations first before jumping to conclusions? Also you have stated a problem with my playstyle before yet you never found me scummy for it in Ryker's Ryker Mafia. (In fact you said it aligned with your Mafia Theory even though it got on your nerves)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
My mafia theory was that people should leave paper trails as much as possible, as early on in the game as possible. And that is true, except for this game we're already at end-game of D-2 and there are not many trails to follow due to the newbies being hugely restrictive in their reasoning making it difficult to gleam tells and move into PoE. But really, boo hoo hoo. I haven't moved into an ISO on all slots and might not get the chance. But w/e.

Also regarding Ryker mafia, I ignored you for a large part of that game hoping you were generating content. Then I was upset with your playstyle and got aggravated when I had to ISO you. When you and John2K started trolling in the middle of the game I put you on my ignore list in order to tolerate the game. And then I just gave up altogether and replaced out. Refusing to replace in for awhile because I didn't have it within me to make myself play with people I didn't entirely like and also I was more interested in the motive analysis side of the game. Not so much the rallying votes / slandering / forcing arbitrary town tells as town. Which meant that I really didn't like the game as a whole, I just like one aspect of the game and decided that I didn't want to expend effort in feigning interest in improving the other areas of my "mafia game." So I gave it up, give or take cases where I felt I could be of need as a replace in.

I also didn't want to bring it up because I didn't want to start drama over a mafia game and largely feel that my intolerance is just a personality flaw that I have to deal with.

As for what I remember of you, I remember that your game play annoyed me in a large part due to the fact that it likely contradicted or insulted my own style of play. So no, I don't attribute asking worthless questions to being part of your regular game play and find it humorous if that is a personal admission. As for looking at contradictions that is standard scumhunting except it isn't when it isn't contextualized. Also something that July would do in FF IX mafia when she wrote her walls, even though her play style that game struck me more primarily as pushing J's wagons.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
My mafia theory was that people should leave paper trails as much as possible, as early on in the game as possible. And that is true, except for this game we're already at end-game of D-2 and there are not many trails to follow due to the newbies being hugely restrictive in their reasoning making it difficult to gleam tells and move into PoE. But really, boo hoo hoo. I haven't moved into an ISO on all slots and might not get the chance. But w/e.
Caveat with respect to leaving paper trails. The biggest reason why I'm foregoing Badwolf's slot is due to him trying to provide some depth to a Vinyl. lynch (which I would like to discuss with him as I countered a couple of points he raised). People are outing foses this game, they are just not committing to them by providing rationale which equates to the entire process of being littering i.e. majority of cases on Vinyl. are bunk let's no lie here, I don't understand most of Vinyl.'s posts, I don't see how anyone else can. I'm fine with Vinyl. being lynched. But the only reason I'm partial to it is because he will be a liability in lylo. And if we're going to go off of liability alone, I'd have personally gone with Monstr., Vinyl., Badwolf/Tyr.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, I see. I just give reasoning for my scumpicks, and I do try to gain information so I can garner reads myself. The reason my playstyle may conflict with yours is because I like to go on gut/feeling alot as well. I do question things but only to further my scumhunting or read developing. Usually when out of mafia I still question alot and it's just in my general nature to do so. Also I am sorry you thought I was trolling the game, I was just having fun I can't just keep a serious face the whole time without 'mentally' taking a break. But that's just a personal justification :troll: and it's cool I'm not going to make drama out of personal 'irritations' etc. But you think I'm being inconsistent here (in comparison to my Ryker Mafia play)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Caveat with respect to leaving paper trails. The biggest reason why I'm foregoing Badwolf's slot is due to him trying to provide some depth to a Vinyl. lynch (which I would like to discuss with him as I countered a couple of points he raised). People are outing foses this game, they are just not committing to them by providing rationale which equates to the entire process of being littering i.e. majority of cases on Vinyl. are bunk let's no lie here, I don't understand most of Vinyl.'s posts, I don't see how anyone else can. I'm fine with Vinyl. being lynched. But the only reason I'm partial to it is because he will be a liability in lylo. And if we're going to go off of liability alone, I'd have personally gone with Monstr., Vinyl., Badwolf/Tyr.
Bold + Underlined, does this irritate you for some reason? Who are you exactly talking about, and what FOS's? (If you think I don't have a reason for asking these questions, you are wrong :cool:)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
EBWOP: Wording. I don't have anything to provide or present until a flip occurs.
I'll help you out. What you need is to buy some index cards, tape them together lengthwise to fit the length of your screen and the width to fit the general size of the icon width. Now you want to temporarily affix this to the screen so that name and avatar section are blocked off and the only thing you can see are forum posts. Now close your eyes, go take a shower, work out, do homework, and come back in five to ten minutes.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Vinyl!! Most Hated Mafia! Was dangled from a tree!

Night 2 begins after Ragnarok post's his thoughts on this flip!!!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
After you post your analysis, you should scroll your screen until the very top of you screen contains this post at the very top. Once you do that, don't touch your computer at all and make sure the previous fixture is still attached to the left side of your screen. You're going to want to TRY TO FORGET THE PREVIOUS POST. IT NEVER HAPPENED. THE POST. IT DOESN'T EXIST. WHAT POST?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Vinyl!! Most Hated Townie! Is seen dangling from a tree!

Night 2 begins after Ragnarok posts his thoughts on this flip!!!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Monstr's reaction to Tyranitar's fos is over the top. Don't like it.
Tyr addresses that she won't read into Monstr's reaction, despite acknowledging that on the surface level it is anti-town. Don't see the point of bringing this up. Dumb.
Monstr. explains it was a joke.
Tyr gets defensive when BSP foses him and claims that he's scum for jumping on him. Gets defensive and then begins to patronize BSP with meta and explains how such behavior led to a mafia win in another game. I like this, "Anyone could have swopped in and hammered me. that would not be good for the villains (town)."
Vinyl. admits to just be messing around during RVS. Both Monstr|Vinyl. trolling RVS. Hmm.
Tyr blatantly tries to initiate scumhunting by asking other people to scumhunt for him. lol.
Rag posts his reads: BW town, BSP town, Vinyl. town lean. Don't understand where these reads are coming from or why he feels obligated to out them.
Tyr asks everyone to unvote to prepare for the ceremonious ending of RVS.
Ran explains that Rag should have kept on pushing Bad. I don't really know how much you further you could delve into a misunderstanding.
Monstr foses Vinyl. for L-1 vote and therefore mafia. Bad play notice.
Rag says Bad isn't trying to force town tells and therefore town. Meta notice.
Monstr has Ranmaru Rag Soup Ttar BSP town. Activity notice.
Ranmaru makes statement about scum reads being explicitly important.
Ranmaru caters to BSP being town.
Monstr carefully notes that STEM is being careful.
Ranmaru catches a discrepancy from STEM and revs up the bandwagon mobile.
Vinyl. says Ran Soup BSP are town. Loli Tyr Stem Monstr are null. Badwolf is scum.
Monstr says that he has no suspicion of STEM or Vinyl. but is just voting them because his stomach told him to do it.
Tyr pops in and says that he hopes the night is eventful.
Tyr has Ran Soup BSP Stem town. Vinyl Monstr Stem mafia.
Vinyl. is irritated. Ranmaru irritated him. No way.
Bad is going to start playing mafia.
Vinyl. asks for Ran to make a case.
Vinyl. has Soup as town. Ran Tyr as null. Bad monstr loli as mafia.
Tyr. has Bad town. Vinyl mafia.
Badwolf says Soup is mafia. Meta.
Monstr now wants to lynch Vinyl. because he actually thinks he is mafia.
I replaced in.

#HBC | ѕoup

Firstly, calm the **** down. I asked you nicely to summarize things instead of fluffing up your posts with unneeded grammar. Secondly, I don't have anything to discuss on this matter, I lynched vinyl. and I'm awaiting the flip. Everything else is irrelevant until further notice.

#HBC | ѕoup

You could say I lynched Vinyl. because I found myself between a rock and a hard place, the game was stagnating and it's not my responsibility to cater to everyone or force players to post. I tried being nice about it and giving a bunch of wordy examples praying that players would hear me out, but instead I'm insulted with this ridiculous amount of inactivity and lack of player initiative. I threw my hands up, and then quietly sat down.

#HBC | ѕoup

But no, please make another snarky statement about my play this game detracting the thought of what's happened until then and getting upset that I called you out on unnecessary fluff.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
1. I'm not mad. I don't know why you think that.
2. I don't remember you asking for a summary.
3. I find it amusing that you need to wait for the flip. I don't think it is that difficult to attribute a town or scum alignment to Vinyl. right now and using that as basis for lynch choices tomorrow. I'm assuming that you don't have solid reads on anyone else which is why you're waiting for the Vinyl. flip to spend time and look at possible interaction/connections to him on a scum flip and on a town flip start looking at other slots interacting, but relying more on individual tells. However you make it seem as if you have tentative reads that are dependent on a flip, however if this were true then I don't understand the point in not outing them as his flip would end the night.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
#470 was my reposted summary as he essentially asked me to summarize the entire thread on all the foses that I felt were insubstantial. It wasn't directed at you.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm sorry if I lashed out, I'm frustrated with this game as much as you are.

I need to wait for a flip because you're absolutely right. I don't really have a strong feeling as to where to go to, because as I said this activity and willingness to play is so bare minimum that I find myself looking at it and going "What are we doing again? Where's that promise from Badwolf to do something? He made a case? Oh, that's great. Where's Ttar? He still suspects Vinyl.? Okay. What about Monstrmrna? Appealing to emotion again and getting upset that he gets called out while still not doing anything? Fantastic. What's ranmaru up to? Buddying me and going with my every action without any second guessing? Seems pretty normal. Acrostic seems to be putting effort in this game unlike everyone else, I hope people jump on his recent posting and give thoughts.. 24 hours to deadline? Nothing? Vinyl. asking me to look at connections on his own flip instead of fighting off his wagon? Lovely. Absolutely Lovely."

#HBC | ѕoup

Monstrmrna is going to look at that post, respond, and then get upset that I called him out. Badwolf will continue to be useless regardless of the flip. Ttar will stay unconfident despite everything I said and end up in lylo. Ranmaru will follow me until I die, will continue bickering with Acrostic and appealing to me. Acrostic will make informative posts that are perhaps a bit wordy and could use something definite summarization; will continue to question Ranmaru's motives and ranmaru will refute and try appealing to me.

#HBC | ѕoup

If Vinyl. flips scum I would say floor pressure onto Badwolf like a train with no brakes. He scumread Badwolf this whole time yet didn't even put an effort to convince people besides saying "Guys i think badwolf is scum im not gonna show you why but he just is MAKE SURE YOU KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR HIM HES ****ING CREEPY AND KILLS PEOPLE."

If Vinyl. flips town then I'm going to floor pressure on Monstrmrna and make him squirm.

Top Bottom