• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
But you could have answered it, and then we would have moved on.

We both know it doesn't serve much purpose- it doesn't prove anything one way or the other, even if it might suggest something.

So why are you telling me this, when you could have just answered the question?

Right now, which are you more suspicious of (which do you think is more likely to be scum), Rake or Hipster Sister?

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
Sorry for being inactive, my summer has started out wayyy busier than I thought it would. ):

As far as I can see, your reasons don't have any merit to them. This is even more evident when you look at the fact that no one else has agreed with you or expanded on your case. I suppose you're doing this for pressure or information, but I really can't understand where this "case" you've made proves I'm scum.
Why are you only stating your reasons for voting Badwolf now? It makes it seem like you were voting for the sake of having your vote on someone if it "wasn't entirely RVS". I understand not wanting to cause a mislynch, but coupled with your lack of support for the vote, this makes me suspicious. Also, just because no one expands on what I've posted doesn't necessarily mean that I'm incorrect.

@all

Which player would you agree on one's case the most?

Ran? Rake? Etc?
Right now the player I find myself agreeing with the most is Kary. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had a null-scum read on Rake and his recent posts about editing his confirmation and the claiming have definitely strengthened this read. On top of that, it appears that he's now OMGUSing Kary by analyzing his posts wrt Clover.

Now, because Benji stayed on Badwulf, it makes me wonder were Benji's alliances lie . Because there are of course , three logistical options to look at:

1) Benji red-scum and he stayed on Badwulf on badwulf advice (possibly believing he could work out of his lynch). That way benji gets town points for being there.(And technically double town points for being in on his lynch.)
2) Benji yellow scum : Following J's lead he gets on the Badwulf train. And can attribute his lack of reasoning as liking my issues with one of Wulf's posts and put the rest down as newbie whatever.
3) Benji is town and his reasoning was ACTUALLY newbie whatever + flat out love of my post wrt to Badwulf.
Yes, these are all possible. This seems like a pointless statement though because everyone in the game right now could fit into one of these catagories. Which of these points do you agree with?

I am Darkly, Vanilla Townie. Fact
This was really unnecessary. You weren't asked what your role was, and your entire post seems overly defensive. Why did you claim?

This was really unnecessary. You weren't asked what your role was, and your entire post seems overly defensive. Why did you claim?

@Hipster Sister: I believe you're purposefully fence-sitting and not taking hard stances. I also believe you're trying to push suspicion onto VitaminC. Please show me where you've taken a hard stance this game, and give me your opinion on both Rake and Vinyl.
I'm not trying to push suspicion onto VitaminC, I actually am suspicious of his vote/unvote on Badwolf. I haven't really taken a hard stance this game so I can't point one out to you; I have trouble making extensive cases against people until they drop huge, glaringly obvious scumtells. At this point there are usually cases against the player already so using the same quotes in a case of my own would be redundant. Rake seems increasingly scummy to me because of his recent play, and I'm okay with Vinyl. I understand his suspicion of your buddying/questions towards him.

Since you are here:

It's possible. Yet, keep in mind VitaminC doesn't do well with reasoning. Last newb game, he voted me 'as a reaction test', and didn't have a reason to keep his vote on me. Yet, he was town. So I'd take this as a null. It does merit him attention from the cops.

Now, on Benji. From that statement, you wouldn't look into Benji, because Wolfy could have just setting him up by asking that, since Wolf knew he was going down.

Yet, I still feel it's possible Benji can be scum, yet I'd take Wolfies statement as null.

I'd like your thoughts on Clover, and for you to expand on your Rake Scum read.
I can understand not doing well with reasoning, but having no apparent reasoning whatsoever worries me.

What else makes you think that Ben might be scum?

I'm fine with Clover at this point. He's defended himself a lot this game and I can't find anything scummy about his replies. I especially like this contradiction he pointed out:
@Rake - Alright, just one other question about this whole matter. If you weren't sure of what post you had read your PM at, why not just say that originally instead of choosing a specific post? In #726, you told me that "townies should be open in EVERY scenario," and that seems like an omission of a detail that you were aware of. Why the disparity between your words and actions?
It shows that he's paying attention to the game and looking for scum.

At first I noticed that Rake was asking a lot of questions aimed at everyone. From what I've read, he tends to do this when he's scum to divert attention from himself and make it appear as if he is scumhunting. After I mentioned this, Rake stopped doing it. His posts toDay have been extremely over defensive, especially since he claimed without reason to "discredit" Kary's case against him, and now he seems to be reaching for some form of opposition by posting posting against him. I would definitely be willing to lynch him today since no one else seems to want to push VitaminC with me at the moment.

Also Hipster, how would you feel about being Copped tonite?
I'm fine with being copped. If you asked anyone this question though, they would say the same thing unless they wanted to confess to being red mafia. I don't understand what you're trying to achieve.

OH OH OH, please talk to me about Loli.

You have played with her before, right? What do you think of her scumhunting method of going by 'feeling'? Is this the usual for her?
(Assuming this is also directed at me)
I've never played with Loli before, and I don't know her IRL so I can't say if this is normal for her. I don't put much merit into "feelings" in this game, but I don't think that the fact that Loli does makes her scummy. I think her playstyle is similar to Homeslice's in that she tends to rely less on hard evidence.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not trying to push suspicion onto VitaminC, I actually am suspicious of his vote/unvote on Badwolf. I haven't really taken a hard stance this game so I can't point one out to you; I have trouble making extensive cases against people until they drop huge, glaringly obvious scumtells. At this point there are usually cases against the player already so using the same quotes in a case of my own would be redundant. Rake seems increasingly scummy to me because of his recent play, and I'm okay with Vinyl. I understand his suspicion of your buddying/questions towards him.
I like this response, I feel you're not scrambling to defend yourself, and you don't try to appeal to me or discredit me; it feels like you're genuinely trying to explain your play.
The rest of your post/play still feels a bit weird to me; I feel like you are being careful not to stick your neck out, but I am prepared to put that down as difference in playstyle for now.

I would definitely be willing to lynch him today since no one else seems to want to push VitaminC with me at the moment.
What did you think of the exchange between myself and VitaminC towards the start of this Day? Does VitaminC come across as more townie or scummy in those posts, and why?

Are you willing to vote Rake?

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
sweet jeepers i missed a lot of posting. sorry for the lack there of, i have been on vacation and completely forgot about it. trying to stay in the game.
ok since i admit to reading 9 pages of posts in the last 30 mins im not going to be able to do one of my lists like i usually do with my reads on everybody so heres what i have.
1. Clover voting for me - under the assumption that i was a scum with badwolf, attacking him would not have been the best ideas. when i voted for him, there was still a good chance that he was not going to get lynched that day and he had a good chance of saving himself. if i was scum with him, voting for him would have just been shooting myself in the foot. true, i did not explain my reasons for it well and i will keep that in mind for future reference.
Also your vote for me confuses me. during day one, i was one of the least suspected players. im not saying my reputation was flawless because there was some suspicion on me. but for some reason you posted a wall and then voted for me. it was kinda of sudden, and i dont really know how to read that. also, you voted for me and then just left it out there for others to notice. you havent pushed it hardly at all since then and that means that either you are a townie who has been building up for this, which i can totally understand, or you are a scum who is trying to add to the pool of moderatly suspected players so that it distracts other from yourself. you are trying to make everybody a little more suspicious to the group so that your suspicion seems average. right now i dont really know but right now, im leaning more towards option 2.
will post more later in regards to other players.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sorry guys been playing LoL. : D

This is Ran`s reply.
It`s why I ask about the Ran path, the response actually isn`t a problem for me , at least on first glance.

But I am nothing if not studious with my reads.

IGMEOY: Ran

I will now be re-reading Ran.
So what exactly is the reason for that? Can you go a little further?

Benji to me is actaully pretty good at reading people's posts.. What he's saying makes sense, and quite honestly I kinda think that Ran may be yellow scum. I think this only because in retrospect he was pretty quick to accuse Clover of being scummy, and others followed (kinda quickly). I know I was one of them, but I've retracted thinking Clover is scum. If anything, I just don't like his play-style. I may diddle-daddle in his posts later on. It's worth it, I guess.
@IC: Do yellow and red scum know who the others are?

@Loli: How much experiance do you have in regards of playing this game outside of the internet?

@Vinyl: Is it bothering you that Kary is almost trying to get all the answers on you? Do you find this scummy (I say this becasue it seems like he's trying to be towny by asking somone else who he believes to be town who he thinks is scum)

@Rake: I think you asked this (can't remember), but I'm answering anyways-
This is how J played IRL: If he was scum he would buddy someone he knew was town and ask them who they thought was scum, agree, and support. Then lynch the person in question- even if it was another scum-buddy.

Well, I guess I'll be turing in for today.
Underlined, I wasn't actually 'quick' to accuse him at all. I had him as a scumread since I started questioning him, I just didn't vote until after D1 started, because a vote wouldn't count before then.

And no, they generally wouldn't, because they are on different sides. If they did that would be broken.

@Rake, where was Orbo's case on Badwolf? Do you think it's a scum tell for people to vote without making a case?

Just look for scum, don't bother looking for specific partners etc, it gives you more room to go wrong. The odds of the cop getting a guilty are pretty low anyways.

@Ran, are you still of this opinion? How do you feel about Loli right now?

Neither. I think Ran may be wrong about Clover, and I flat out don't trust Rake.
I put her to null, because I (1. Felt it was playstyle and (2. Am using PoE because of my other scumreads that are stronger than her. I only had a problem with her not really commenting on my Clover case. It seems she just didn't 'feel' like voting him even though my points were solid, I can't really tell if that is genuine or her trying to use an excuse but she should still be looked at in the future.

Right, we need to get this Day moving.
Right now I think we need to lynch one of these people today:

Rake, Hipster Sister, Vinyl, Clover, Orbo.
Everyone else I'm ok with right now.

Rake, can go ASAP based on his play, as far as I'm concerned.
Clover is still a bit suspicious but I want to give them some space for now.
Vinyl i'm not getting a strong town feel for, so I'd like to see him scumhunting.
Orbo needs to get in here and make himself useful
Hipster Sister I am very suspicious of, and I feel may be scum being cautious.

I'd like for everyone to vote either Hipster Sister or Rake right now, whichever you think is most scummy; there is almost no harm in voting people in order to see how they react.

@Hipster Sister: I believe you're purposefully fence-sitting and not taking hard stances. I also believe you're trying to push suspicion onto VitaminC. Please show me where you've taken a hard stance this game, and give me your opinion on both Rake and Vinyl.

@Ran: One of you or Rake is scum, Y/N? Rake is appealing to you in order to avoid suspicion Y/N? Rake is scum Y/N? I will happily push Clover later if you help me in this regard now.

That'll probably do. Here's a :pika:
Yes, Yes, Yes. Really? I might consider this. But here's the thing. I want you to lynch Clover if I'm gone. Deal? Btw, Rake has avoided commenting on my case during D1, and hasn't commented on it at all. He kept saying "Getting to it" yet he focused on other things. Sure 'blame the walls' yet he had plenty of time. His 'case' on clover seemed like he was trying to justify his vote on Clover.

Another thing that was scummy from Rake was that he asked Clover if it was possible my case was just pressure, when I have had given thorough reasons for him being scum. I'm for real pushing for his lynch.

I'm also really content with your scumlist there.

I think you mentioned this, but I am scumhunting both yellow and red scum, (my scumlist covers this) but I'm priorirtizing lynching yellow scum today. Sure the odds are small for a cop to find red scum but the less yellow scum the smaller the odds, and the easier it will be for cop to find red scum. This is win win. Now, I consider Hipster to be redscum, and I do think she should be copped tonite, but Benji can also be an option. Those two, were my picks for red scum.

So, this means it's between Rake and Clover today. Sure Clover may be a calm headed person but try to keep in mind his intentions regardless of his playstyle. Nice does not = town. But I can help you take down Rake today because it may be harder for you guys to take him on if I'm gone. Just don't you dare forget Clover. :mad:

Vote: Rake

@HipsterSister:

I can understand not doing well with reasoning, but having no apparent reasoning whatsoever worries me.
Ok, gotcha.

What else makes you think that Ben might be scum?
His early game intro. And this:

through all of the posts, whenever people put up a list of who they want to lynch, i've noticed that i keep popping up in third place a lot. any particular reason for this?

also, Rake, i did read a lot of your post. i follow your opinion on badwolf. the evidence you showed has really increased my suspicions on him. i am going to vote him for the first day because im sure that he is, and then i want to see who dies. a few thing i dont agree with tho. homeslice has changed opinions a good bit, but to tell you the truth, based on how well i know her, thats just the way she is.

<snip>

i do suspect hipster still.

i am aslo considering lolilovesrain her playstyle so far has been to say her opinion, good or bad of a person and then to back off. she never alignes herself with a person totally, and she is keeping a low profile. this way, she can put others into the spotlight so that they get attacked and then she can back off by quoting herself to say that she never was really for/against them. its a pretty good defense if you ask me...

Vote: BadWolf28738
I think he is red scum because of this. It seems Badwolf is sheeping off of Rake, to be in good standing with him. Essentially, trying to appeal to him. Also consider this is quite early, so I can see it being a bus. In fact, I'd father the cop go to Benji tonite.

Also consider the last paragraph. He mentions that Loli would be someone who'd stay in the shadows letting others in the spotlight attack each other. I asked him to go further into this but he didn't. So this is a bit scummy as well, seemed like he was trying to set her up for something. (He hasn't followed up on her)

Also what do you think of the underlined? I don't know if he has followed up with that either.

I'm fine with Clover at this point. He's defended himself a lot this game and I can't find anything scummy about his replies. I especially like this contradiction he pointed out:
What do you think of his vote on Benji?

I'm fine with being copped. If you asked anyone this question though, they would say the same thing unless they wanted to confess to being red mafia. I don't understand what you're trying to achieve.
Ok then. Cop, please cop Hipster.

Actually I'd like for the cop to target Benji.

But he can just cop one of Benji/Hipster just to wifom it.

(Assuming this is also directed at me)
I've never played with Loli before, and I don't know her IRL so I can't say if this is normal for her. I don't put much merit into "feelings" in this game, but I don't think that the fact that Loli does makes her scummy. I think her playstyle is similar to Homeslice's in that she tends to rely less on hard evidence.
Oh alright. And yes I see that too, thank you.

sweet jeepers i missed a lot of posting. sorry for the lack there of, i have been on vacation and completely forgot about it. trying to stay in the game.
ok since i admit to reading 9 pages of posts in the last 30 mins im not going to be able to do one of my lists like i usually do with my reads on everybody so heres what i have.
1. Clover voting for me - under the assumption that i was a scum with badwolf, attacking him would not have been the best ideas. when i voted for him, there was still a good chance that he was not going to get lynched that day and he had a good chance of saving himself. if i was scum with him, voting for him would have just been shooting myself in the foot. true, i did not explain my reasons for it well and i will keep that in mind for future reference.
Also your vote for me confuses me. during day one, i was one of the least suspected players. im not saying my reputation was flawless because there was some suspicion on me. but for some reason you posted a wall and then voted for me. it was kinda of sudden, and i dont really know how to read that. also, you voted for me and then just left it out there for others to notice. you havent pushed it hardly at all since then and that means that either you are a townie who has been building up for this, which i can totally understand, or you are a scum who is trying to add to the pool of moderatly suspected players so that it distracts other from yourself. you are trying to make everybody a little more suspicious to the group so that your suspicion seems average. right now i dont really know but right now, im leaning more towards option 2.
will post more later in regards to other players.
How has your opinion on Rake progressed?

If you are suspicious of Clover will you vote him today?

Unvote Vote: Rake

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw I want to go into Lylo / Mass Claiming / etc before today ends so just remind me k?

Gonna play some LoL

Btw I voted Rake twice so the mod can spot my vote :troll:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
(w.r.t. Loli) It seems she just didn't 'feel' like voting him even though my points were solid, I can't really tell if that is genuine or her trying to use an excuse but she should still be looked at in the future.
It feels genuine to me, but I agree it is something that should be made note of.

Yes, Yes, Yes. Really? I might consider this. But here's the thing. I want you to lynch Clover if I'm gone. Deal?
I'm not going to lynch Clover just because you died, because that might play straight into scum's hands. But I'm happy to lynch Clover unless we have a better lead. I would like to hear your scumpicks again before the end of the Day if they change at all :)

I think you mentioned this, but I am scumhunting both yellow and red scum, (my scumlist covers this) but I'm priorirtizing lynching yellow scum today. Sure the odds are small for a cop to find red scum but the less yellow scum the smaller the odds, and the easier it will be for cop to find red scum.
Except if we get the last red scum, no more night kills, which is also great. I think we should just lynch people in order of scumminess :D

But he can just cop one of Benji/Hipster just to wifom it.
You can't WIFOM a cop investigation :smirk:
The cop should probably be on one of these two people, though; pick whichever you think is most likely, alright?

People need to get in here and VOTE: RAKE!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No I don't mean to push Clover if I die. I mean to push on him FOR me because I won't be there to push on him anymore. If I die there will be wifom but you still have his actions during the day which I still find very scummy and I don't want you to overlook this. But I trust you got this.

Yeah if my picks change I'll let you know but right now I'm good with the one you set up.

Yeah, but either way it will be harder work finding the yellow scum. (Since we don't have a role that can find them) Might as well waste the lynches on them, and if the cop is found then opt to lynching red scum. Although I think Rake/Clover both fall in as yellow scum so if we lynch yellow scum today I think it would be optimal to lynch red scum the next day.

Ok then. Cop Benji tonite. :smirk:

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
for whoever wanted more details for my suspicion on loliloves rain, heres my read right now.

loli has admitted to being busy for most of the day with a job/school, so this is the most likely reason for her hanging back. honestly, i understand this because i have one too. when we began to target her for doing this, she seemed somewhat flustered an quickly managed to post a wall on her feelings at that time. as of now, i think she is just making whatever observations she can glean from having to read a lot at a time, which is how i have been playing so far. since she is acting like me, im pretty sure she is a townie. at the moment im not really worried about her.

my read on ranmaru? out of all of the frequent posters here, i am having the most dificult time reading him and im not sure why. his push to cop me tonight is a move im not very familiar with in real life mafia, so im not sure what to read of it. it could be that he is just a good player and a valuable ally when they find out im town, but it could be that he will kill me tonight as mafia and waste the cops ability for a night. if i am killed and a cop reads me, thats a net zero for the cop and the villagers since everybody finds out who you are when you die. thats points against you right now from me. also, out of all the people who like to post huge walls of info, he and Rake do this the most. they can sometimes take up nearly an entire page of just them going back and forth about who could be evil. i think that if both of them were villagers, they would end up agreeing much more. as of now, i cannot even give a good guess as to which one could be.

would i vote for clover today? im not sure. yes, i do feel that his push to have me killed is quite fishy, but there is still a possibility that he is completely innocent. he has been under suspicion before and i believe that this is not a coincidence. im getting a yellow scum reading from him now, but if a huge push is going on a red scum who we are sure of, i will hold off on a campaign against him for now.

also, i would like to end this with a quote i found quite...enlightening. when J was killed by the red scum, his last post was "good luck newbies! bah go scum!" (#613). the implication given here is that the nexbies and the scum are divided. basically, i feel like there is at least one very experienced player on the yellow scum team. as i stated before, i suspect either rake or ranmaru of being one of these, but since they are among the most experienced (yes i know they are not the only ones.) i feel that this reinforces my belief. can i get some more opinions on this idea?

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
o and just to be clear, i dont mind getting copped tonight because that just gives me an ally during the day. i do feel that if i die, you really need to push ranmaru because he is either going to leeroy jenkins it at this point or get epic framed.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
read up, gonna get to some stuff later today or tomorrow. Kary's questioning seems weird, and he's tunneling rake here. his vinyl buddying is odd in his insistence o do it.

Rake/ran town leans, skimmed up to thi point

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Okay, KARY! You need to calm down. It's not exactly nice to say to somone that they're a bad player. Just saying. Also here are amy town reads:
Mightbebenjamin
Rake
Loli
Hipster
Vinyl.
YELLOW SCUM:
Clover
Ranmaru (?)
Orbo
RED SCUM:
Ranmaru (?)
Kary
________ I don't know about VitaminC

Okay guys, here's the dealzies, these are just my thoughts on who's who at this point. Benji is trying his best to give his thoughts after being gone so long. I understand Rake and his whole 'I become cold and analytic' playstyle, so that's jus him being him I guess. Loli is also trying her best to give her thoughts in this game (but Rake and Ranmaru are Kinda running the show it seems). And then Vinyl IS scumhunting- from what I think- he's just not posting it all yet. But I trust that he is soon.
In regards to Kary, this may be his playing style, it may not. However, how he keeps pushing himself upon Vinyl seems strange to me, and I think that Vinyl thinks it's strange also- that'a why he's avoiding the question. Anyways, asking that question gets you NO WHERE FAST. Also, he seems hardset on Rake being scum, when to me he's being town.
Wrt Ranmaru, I think he's more yellow scum than red. My thoughts aren't really clear right now cuz I just woke up, but I think that I'll have more reasons later.
Here's something else I think: If Kary is killed at night, Vinyl might be framed. If Hipster is killed, VitC is framed. If Benji is killed Clover is framed. If Rake is killed Kary is framed. If I am killed, Ranmaru is framed. Everyone can be framed, but I think it's who's not gonna be framed are the people we gotta look at. Honestly, I don't know- but I think that makes sense.

By the way, my question was more asking do red scum know red scum, and do yellow scum know yellow scum.

I don't know what you guys will make of this, but I thought it a good idea to post my ideas.

V/La for the rest of the day- gotta entertain some visiting family! :D

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Whew, I get a break! :D
Listen Kary, I'm not gonna vote for somone I don't think is scum. Unless you're the cop or something, the only reason that you have against Rake being scum is that he made a mistake in posting without reading his pm, or whatever went down. Unless you give some real evidence as to why you think Rake is scum and stop just telling people who to vote for, I'm not going to vote.
I think Rake is town because he's playing pro-town. He pressured me to see if I was scum or not, and even if that could be taken a scummy way, I think that was just a play-style, or an idea he had because in all honesty, I did seem scummy. He's a townie, and I'm pretty sure about that. If that's not enough for you, tell me. K?
HOMELSICE OFFLINE! :D

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think Rake is town because he's playing pro-town. He pressured me to see if I was scum or not, and even if that could be taken a scummy way, I think that was just a play-style, or an idea he had because in all honesty, I did seem scummy. He's a townie, and I'm pretty sure about that. If that's not enough for you, tell me. K?
HOMELSICE OFFLINE! :D
Regardless of his playstyle, I did not like the way Rake pressured you, nor the conclusion he seemed to draw from it. I felt like he might be trying to make you look scummy and then backed down when you defended yourself, so I don't think him pressuring you makes him town.
If there's anything else that strikes you as townie about Rake, I'd like to hear it so I can re-evaluate my read, but right now my thoughts remain much the same.

I should also point you to this post:
Rake said:
My questionable play has not raised so many questions as you would hope. Fact

I am Darkly, Vanilla Townie. Fact
I'm actually ok with lynching you based just on this.

-No need to claim
-Trying to discredit my suspicion of you
-Making assumptions about my thought process and passing them off as 'Fact'
-Reeks of scum

Might as well

Vote: Anomandaris_Rake
Which gives further reasons as to why you might want to vote for Rake.
At some point I might draw up a big case, but right now I can't be bothered.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

2. Vinyl.
3. VitaminC (1) - Hipster Sister
4. Orboknown
5. Rake (2) - Kary, Ranmaru
6. mightbebenjamin (1) - Clover
7. Clover (1) - Lolilovesrain
8.Lolilovesrain
9. Kary (1) - Homeslice
10. Hipster Sister
12. Ranmaru
13. Homeslice

Not voting: Orboknown, mightbebenjamin, VitaminC, Vinyl., Rake

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vinyl., VitaminC, Rake, Clover, Lolilovesrain and HipsterSister have all been prodded!

This is VitaminC's and HipsterSister's second prod of the game. If they receive another prod toDay/another two prods all together, then they will be forced replaced from the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Homeslice: You still need to convey your reasons for why you think I'm yellow scum.

for whoever wanted more details for my suspicion on loliloves rain, heres my read right now.

loli has admitted to being busy for most of the day with a job/school, so this is the most likely reason for her hanging back. honestly, i understand this because i have one too. when we began to target her for doing this, she seemed somewhat flustered an quickly managed to post a wall on her feelings at that time. as of now, i think she is just making whatever observations she can glean from having to read a lot at a time, which is how i have been playing so far. since she is acting like me, im pretty sure she is a townie. at the moment im not really worried about her.

my read on ranmaru? out of all of the frequent posters here, i am having the most dificult time reading him and im not sure why. his push to cop me tonight is a move im not very familiar with in real life mafia, so im not sure what to read of it. it could be that he is just a good player and a valuable ally when they find out im town, but it could be that he will kill me tonight as mafia and waste the cops ability for a night. if i am killed and a cop reads me, thats a net zero for the cop and the villagers since everybody finds out who you are when you die. thats points against you right now from me. also, out of all the people who like to post huge walls of info, he and Rake do this the most. they can sometimes take up nearly an entire page of just them going back and forth about who could be evil. i think that if both of them were villagers, they would end up agreeing much more. as of now, i cannot even give a good guess as to which one could be.

would i vote for clover today? im not sure. yes, i do feel that his push to have me killed is quite fishy, but there is still a possibility that he is completely innocent. he has been under suspicion before and i believe that this is not a coincidence. im getting a yellow scum reading from him now, but if a huge push is going on a red scum who we are sure of, i will hold off on a campaign against him for now.

also, i would like to end this with a quote i found quite...enlightening. when J was killed by the red scum, his last post was "good luck newbies! bah go scum!" (#613). the implication given here is that the nexbies and the scum are divided. basically, i feel like there is at least one very experienced player on the yellow scum team. as i stated before, i suspect either rake or ranmaru of being one of these, but since they are among the most experienced (yes i know they are not the only ones.) i feel that this reinforces my belief. can i get some more opinions on this idea?
Underlined, I purposely singled you and Hipster out when asking you to be copped (or just stating it) to see what you both would say to it. I think one of you two would fit being red scum, therefore if you weren't red scum you'd most likely be ok with it and would welcome it since it'd semi-clear you.

Anyways, what you say can happen, if a target is suggested, that target can be killed under the pr.

So the best option is for the cop to wifom between you and Hipster like I said before. Basically, it's up to the cop to decide between the two of you. The mafia won't know who the cop would choose, so it would be a risky move for them to choose a target, while the cop can possibly cop the other.

Generally, walling doesn't really attribute to alignment. This is just a playstyle, and you wall if you have more things to reply too. This was a big game, so there was plenty to address. Also, when you find someone scummy, you'd most likely bring up quotes of that person to illustrate what you found scummy about them. This was mostly what I have done. Also when it comes to me saying alot, I generally say alot as a person. I always have alot to say.

Bolded, this implication would be false. For one, the roles are randomized, not chosen. Even so, it would be unfair for the newbies to be all by themselves, no? So generally, you shouldn't be looking at 'is the newbs and IC/SE's seperate?" and instead looking at every person's actions, because regardless of their experience, they can be scum or town. Just based on the randomness of the mod randomizing the roles.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok guys. If you are busy, and can't post as much, please replace out.

Guys, if you find it hard to deal with people who are lurking hard or just are super busy, ask the mod to replace them. You can't always waste lynches/vig's on lurkers, so the best option before that, is asking them to get replaced.

Now, you guys might have harder times reading the SLOT (basically once the person leaves the 'place' they had is called a slot) after a person replaces because they might play townier or in a very different way and might make you like them. I don't have any advice towards this but to keep an eye on that slot.

I have had a scumread on scum and he replaced out, and thus my read on that slot became muddled, and therefore it was null. That person also was busy due to school so my read didn't progress as much, but then when that person made their pushes I could tell they were scum. : P You just gotta be careful with the slots that get replaced in. Replacees can be the tipping points for newbie games, on either side (scum/town).

Please get a little bit more active guys! An active town is better than a lurker town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok guys, I want to start talking about Lylo. I want you guys to discuss it today.

Lylo is the gamestate called "Lynch or Lose". It is named as such because on that day, there is one more townie than there is scum, meaning they have to lynch scum that day, or LOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Basically, this is end-game.

So let's think numbers.

1. Scum
2. Town
3. Town

See there is two town, therefore meaning there are two VOTERS (besides the scum). Meaning, the two town have to correctly identify each other and lynch the scum to win.

Like this:

[Scum]: Town, Townguy
and not like this:

[Town]: Town, Scummymcscummafiaguy
This could also be lylo:

1. Town
2. Scum
3. Town
4. Scum
5. Town

See the pattern? One more townie then there are scum.

So the first example was 2:1, and the second was 3:2.

As you know, scum win by being the majority of town. WHY IS THIS YOU ASK? Because once they are the majority, there isn't enough TOWN POWAH to lynch them.

Example:

[Scum]: Town
^ Not enough votes to lynch scum because there isn't majority for town. ;-;

Now then. Here is a warning for you guys. Don't vote in lylo, and instead FOS.

like:

I FOS: Clover. It's weaker than a vote, but it shows what direction you want to go and would most likely have been voting there if you could. This also shows the others your thought process and will help others in reading you.

If you do let a vote happen, this will most likely happen:

Page 17

Just read that page from #675, and on from there. And the next page. THIS IS WHAT YOU DON'T WANT.

WHY??? Because all the work that has been done, would be for naught. IN A INSTANT. Play Lylo carefully, and Mylo as well. This I wanted to get out of the way in case I die at night.

And of course. If you make the wrong decision. Just move on man. Just. Move. On.

You got salt? Pass it around. Because I have been there. Man it sucks to lose the game for everyone. It's a big burden, but don't carry it by yourself. :cool:

========================================================

TL;DR

LYLo is a gamestate where you have to lynch the last scum (or a scum if more than one left) or lose due to the scum out numbering town.

Mylo is Mislynch or lose. Basically either No lynch, or Lynch and most likely lose.

DON'T VOTE IN LYLO. IF YOU VOTE, SCUM CAN ALPHA STRYKE. FOS INSTEAD AND THEN DECIDE TOGETHER WHEN TO VOTE. DISCUSS MORE IN LYLO, LESS VOTING.

If you choose wrong in Lylo, don't stress. It happens. Just learn from your mistakes, and improve. Move on from that game. Crumple it into a paper ball. And throw it in the basket. And play another game. The salt will come. So be prepared to make some paper balls. Heck make some paper planes for variety. :cool:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Considering our numbers:

If we don't lynch right, and mafia nk's town (this is worst case scenario)

Total: 11 - 3 (scum) = 8

Since there are two factions, each faction have to survive against each other. So Yellow scum are at a numbers advantage. YET, the red scum has the nk. So that can tip the red scum's odds in it's favor, if he nk's the correct yellow scum.

So that means

8:2:1
Lynch + NK
6:2:1
Lynch + NK
4:2:1
LYNCH OR LOSE

Generally, (4:2:1) would be lylo for town, and I guess for the 1 scum.

4 = town 2 = Yellow scum 1 = Red Scum

So worst case scenario, we have three lynches left.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm sorry if this may be complicated. If you are confused, please please PLEASE PLEASSEEE read my #822, try to understand it. Ask me questions about it. This is very important. If you skim it, please at least read the TL;DR part.

Again, feel free to ask questions about it.

Also later I'll go into mass claiming. Of course, you won't need it here, since this is an open setup.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sup Vinyl. Any comments on the recent events?

Opinion on Rake? Would you vote him today?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Orbo, benji, and etc being late.
Kary being odd.
Rake.....I'll check on to conclude my decision to vote him.

And mostly orbo, if he doesn't get his stuff out today as he said, I'll be onto him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright then.

Also can you go further into how Kary is being 'odd'?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
HEY LOLI. I saw you too! (I'm not a stalker lolz)

But yeah. Any comments as well?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
By looking at his posts, Kary sounds demanding and asks a lot of questions towards me.
He even wants to ask me if I'm town and is still possibly willing to ask me that same question so that's not something I want to answer just yet.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
And by his agressive feel too, he most likely seems to be pushing others to vote him.
So if rake flips town when He does get lynched, I'll be onto Kary as well.

That's all I can give out.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You make it sound like Rake is definitely going to be lynched, Vinyl.
And then you make it sound like you'll be coming for me.
If anything this adds to my suspicion of you.

Do I have to be right about Rake in order to survive?
I'd also really like to hear your read on Rake.

I'm putting you down as a scum lean, and terminating our buddyhood.
:(

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Do I have to be right about Rake in order to survive?
Why did you ask such a question when you should know that yourself if you're confident enough?

I'd also really like to hear your read on Rake.
I'd like to see your current or new read on rake, because I feel like he's, shall you say, not that scummy enough.
everything in green.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You can tell I'm not very serious in my vote on you thanks to the HUGE number of smileys in there.
Or maybe you can't tell. But it wasn't serious, it was to get a reaction.

Why do you need my read on Rake before you get your read on Rake? Say what?
Rake's scum, look at #817

Also me telling people to vote Rake does not mean it will happen, necessarily. It's just what I want to happen.
So if rake flips town when He does get lynched, I'll be onto Kary as well.

That's all I can give out.
This sounds like Rake you're sure Rake will be lynched, though. To me, anyways.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't get it. The post you quoted in #834 is me trying to convince Homeslice to vote Rake, and asking for people to vote for Rake. I want Homeslice to explain why they have a town read on Rake so I can explain why I think they're wrong.
I can't be arsed going through all the scummy stuff Rake's done. He seems fake and defensive to me, and the whatnot with reading his role PM plus his claim coming out for no reason basically seals it for me.
As I said, I want him dead today.

Top Bottom