• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Okay guys, now I know this isn't much, but do you guys see where I'm coming from when I say this?:
Rake may possibly be scum. I only say this because at first his posts seemed mellow/bro-ster like, but then he gets very analytical and cold. Now, that may be just because the game has started at a quick pace, but it almost feels like he's trying to find the littlest bit of dirt on me (like how I said he kept bringing up the same fact about me changing my opinions, even though that's just one accusation, he kept saying it), like he's Idk, nervous? That's a little bit of an extreme word. I'm still set on Clover and Rake being scum. NO FLIP-FLOPPIN' THIS TIME.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The prob here for me is that idk how to go in the fray, lol.
I find it hard to mak a good case, all I'm doing is Phoenix writing (questions and answering) by the way I see it, which is probably helping most of the time on who I find scummy. :/

Since you all have the time on clover, Badwolf and etc, I suppose I have to not only focus them, but one other person I haven't looked into yet.

And that is orboknown.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
it almost feels like he's trying to find the littlest bit of dirt on me (like how I said he kept bringing up the same fact about me changing my opinions, even though that's just one accusation, he kept saying it), like he's Idk, nervous? That's a little bit of an extreme word.
Can you point it out on where you feel he showing a nervous expression?

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
I wanted to comment on this. This isn't really a "You need to do this" and more of a playstyle difference. To me, Homeslice seems like a gut player (I think), and I think it's harder for people like that to show to others, what exactly they see. Although, they should be able to quote posts (along with underlines to be specific) where they 'get' the vibes. It's as simple as pointing out a quote and saying "I find this scummy". This is why I have been asking Homeslice to quote where she may have seen some 'scumminess' from Hipster, yet she couldn't deliver, and I find it odd that she can't.

I as a player, I always feel the need to get solid evidence. This is why I tend to ask questions so I can develop my reads, and I then push.

I think you stated back in the thread that you felt that this seemed like the player was trying to reach to make up their own stances. I have been accused of reaching, plenty of times. I just always state what comes to mind, without thinking at first. I can understand why you may feel this way, but I think it can also be the other person trying to show others what they see.

This all comes down to communication. You have to be able to clearly show what you mean, and let others understand your meaning. If they don't understand, it'll only come down to small quibbles, that can be distracting. At times, it is necessary to question and ask for clarification, to come to an understanding.

Something Xonar has taught me, is to underline what I find scummy. If I can't fully explain what I mean, at least others can see what part of the quote I find scummy, and i think this would help players who go by gut as well, to show what they see to others that would rather lynch/vote by looking at solid evidence
Okay, thanks for touching on this. I tend to be very logical when proving things so I guess I have trouble understanding votes based purely on intuition. It helps me if I can pinpoint specific statements that are scummy to me.

@Everyone: What is your opinion on ATE? Do you use it? How would you apply it as a tell?
I try not to use AtE, because it shows that you have no evidence as a defense and have to rely on emotions to respond to something. When someone grasps for substance like that, it tells me that they don't know how to defend themselves because they are probably lying.

@Everyone: I also want everyone's opinion on Connections and connection cases. How would you handle them? When would you carry out a lynch due to a connection?
I'd be very cautious in lynching someone based purely on connections. I think that they allow players to get reads on each other more easily, but connections happen between the different alignments. I think more than providing a lynch target, connections provide options of who should be pressured/looked into.

I never said J was scum either.

He was on your scum list that you based on vibes.

@Hipster: Can't say one way/other about Vinyl yet. Important to look at people that aren't in the spotlight.
Alright, just wondering if you'd gotten anywhere with it yet. I agree with the second part of this.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Activity status (from my perspective):

1. BadWolf Fair/Good
2. Vinyl. Double Rainbow
3. VitaminC Unfair
4. Orboknown Unfair
5. Rake Good
6. mightbebenjamin Average/ Fair?
7. Clover Average/Fair
8.Lolilovesrain Average
9. Kary Average
10. Hipster Sister Average
11. J (IC) [COLOR=""]Fair/Good[/COLOR]
12. Ran (IC) Fair
13. Homeslice Good

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
@Vinyl.
Here's what I believe, if someone wasn't nervous, they'd be able to find a whole lot more evidence that just spitting out the same thing in different words. I feel like a scapegoat to him because what i've done is only post my opinions- even though I did not support them. That was a mistake on my part, but that's not scummy. Rake keeps bringing other people into the spotlight (except if I rmember correclty, Orbo) so I think that we should look into Rake more closely and also look into Orbo.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

1. BadWolf (3) - J, VitaminC, mightbebenjamin
2. Vinyl.
3. VitaminC
4. Orboknown
5. Rake (1) - Kary
6. mightbebenjamin
7. Clover (3) - Ranmaru, Homeslice, BadWolf
8.Lolilovesrain
9. Kary
10. Hipster Sister
11. J
12. Ranmaru
13. Homeslice (1) - Rake

Not voting: Orboknown, Clover, Lolilovesrain, Hipster Sister, Vinyl.

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
@Hipster
Did you read my wall? That may or may not clear some stuff up. I'll restate: What I was saying were merely suspicions (as in, they weren't strong ideas). Now of course, I'm gettin' serious.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
@Vinyl.
Here's what I believe, if someone wasn't nervous, they'd be able to find a whole lot more evidence that just spitting out the same thing in different words. I feel like a scapegoat to him because what i've done is only post my opinions- even though I did not support them. That was a mistake on my part, but that's not scummy. Rake keeps bringing other people into the spotlight (except if I rmember correclty, Orbo) so I think that we should look into Rake more closely and also look into Orbo.
I was not expecting this, I was expecting for you to quote rake's post where he shows nervousness. But still, your bring a small case, so I guess that's fine.

I'd go look into him myself, but I don't want to work on so many things, lol.
I still need give out my thoughts on ran, since j asked me to do so.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
*cracks knuckles*

First off, while I'm writing up a wall response, I'd like to point out something about my Townie play-style which Orbo, Ran(who i think followed Breaking Bad Newbie) , J and Vinyl can attest to, which is when I have a town role, I am very aggressive with my reads and opinions.

I take a cold detachment mentality and look solely on what I believe are scum tells.

I'm not trying to scapegoat people and I'm certainly not going to stay on someone unless I have a very strong Scum read on them.

And while this style isn't perfect, I'd like to point out in Breaking Bad newbie I pegged the 3 inactive slots as the scum slots.

I'll even link mt posts from that thread for you all:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14433421&postcount=1089

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14437350&postcount=1112

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14437582&postcount=1117

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14437709&postcount=1121

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14437799&postcount=1126

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14438053&postcount=1137

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14438095&postcount=1139

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14441440&postcount=1158

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14441555&postcount=1161

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14441590&postcount=1164

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14441619&postcount=1166

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14441686&postcount=1169

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14441705&postcount=1171

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14441828&postcount=1173

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14451088&postcount=1280

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14451879&postcount=1284

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14457998&postcount=1353

That's Rake town, all hard nosed ignorance abounding version.

Clover

Smash Rookie
Good morning, everybody~

@Rake - In terms of Homeslice, I've debated whether her actions are scummy in general or the result of her personality, etc. I always felt like she was more decisive in offline games, but I'm not as close to her as someone like Benji. Her accusations are weak and with little to be based upon besides gut feelings. I don't like how she votes along with Ran right after saying that she'd "seen the possibility" that I'm "just contributing." However, I feel that part is fairly expected. If someone, especially an experienced player, posts a case that thorough, it's difficult to see anything else but that. Definitely some valid points in this Homeslice case.

@Benji - You keep popping up because there's not much substantial enough to work with with you, so you're low priority. I appreciate some of your latest reads, but, aside from out-of-game relations, why do you feel the need to defend Homeslice's actions?

@Ran -
Of course. Yet, you felt like 'opening' up to us so that people COULD see that you were someone trustworthy, when that isn't the case at all. You didn't HAVE to claim in the first place, there was no reason. You should be focusing on finding scum, not trying to appease to others.
There's always a reason for every action, and I've listed mine. I feel as if I have been intent on scumhunting, moreso than a few other players. Why target me on that point, though?

You replied to my questions with opinions, even though you said you felt like you had little to nothing. Basically, you answered with opinions because, as you said, you'd feel it would be better to give opinions in response then none at all, since it could make you look bad. If you really were genuine, you'd have not stated that you had any opinions, and you'd not feel like giving opinions to appease me. It's ok for people to be truthful if someone really doesn't have opinions. This is something you all should learn.
I wasn't worried how I'd look. If I had disregarded my thoughts at that point, that would have probably made me look even better. But, I'm not worried about that. Giving even those initial opinions was for town benefit.

Thing is, even though you had nothing, you didn't try to gain more. This is where questioning and queries come in. You can't expect scum to hand themselves over to you, you have to force them.
You can wait for a scum slip-up. You can also take a look at the questioning and queries of other players. Not everyone has a similar playstyle in regard to how they hunt scum.

I appreciate you being helpful, yet it doesn't invalidate you trying to seem town along with it. Yet, along with that, you focused too much on the filler, and not enough on looking for scum. Now, where exactly do you come from? You seem to have played IRL, right? Have you played with anyone from SWF? How do you usually play via IRL maf? (your playstyle, etc) and how do you find scum, what methods do you use?
A player who is town can also come across as town, y'know. Have played offline. At lunch at school for the last maybe two months this year, I'd organize games a few times a week, whenever people felt like playing. I've had games with Badwolf, Homeslice, Benji, Hipster, and to a lesser extent, J. Our games were never anywhere near this in-depth, mainly due to time constraints. But, I'd generally take a backseat role and let the more prominent players throw out their accusations, and most of my game was reading body language. Besides that, just paying attention to the voting record.

It's scummy if you thought someone was attacking you and you felt it was necessary to claim to get pressure off you, when in reality there was no pressure at all. You admit that my thought process is logical when it comes to that, so I'm sure you can see why that would be scummy, rite?
"If" is a funny word. I already replied that the claim was unnecessary, and that I hadn't felt pressured. I see how that would be a way to look at that scenario, though.

If someone were to accuse you, it shows that town is doing their job in making others explain their actions, town or mafia. Town should be truthful, and should explain their actions so people can understand why they did whatever they did. Preventing people from accusing you, shows that you would rather not be accused, and it prevents people from understanding why you did a particular action. That, isn't helpful to town. This also prevents them from garnering a read on you, because if they could understand how you were thinking or why you did something, they might have a better chance at reading you.
Right. I believe that I have been explaining my actions in your case, and it was my understanding that the questioning now was still on the intention of reading me.

Claiming Vanilla Townie doesn't prove your innocence. I want you to explain why you thought claiming Vanilla Townie would have gained other's trust, did you think people would believe you? Why if so?
In this game, how much does prove your innocence? I figured that some would, some wouldn't. Interpretation can go many different ways. I was indeed being earnest. However, if that's not how you'd like to look at this, then that is your interpretation.

Yeah, the thing is you only gave suspicions on the people I asked about. Also, in one post, I only asked about Benji. Why didn't you post your other opinions at that time, since you might have felt that being open about your opinions was ok at that time?
Some people hadn't even begun posting at that point. And, your questions focused me into those specific players. When asked about Benji, I looked into Benji. Likewise for Rake and Badwolf. I assumed that other players would be looked into as time progressed.

I think all accusations are serious past the RVS. It's either, RVS, or serious. That's it. If you feel there is still some line between serious and not serious that exists even now, then it's time you explain.
Even after RVS, I believe that there can still be non-serious accusations. For example, "I have a gut feeling that this player is scum." The statement has little factual basis and there is no support, giving it a low likelihood of probability. However, to me, a case, with underlining and quoting and analysis of motives would be serious, since the amount of evidence would provide a higher probability of scum.

What do you mean? Can you quote?
Could you be a tad more specific?

I understood that you were fine with him because he was being a bit more productive, and I don't remember you accusing him of not being productive enough. If you have, I'd like for you to quote and underline where you have said this.
#168, if you'd like to take a look at the conversation at that point.
I did take issue with a few of your posts on the basis that they seemed just not too effective in aiding town in any way. Like, #92, although you explained your reasoning on that question, it still doesn't make much sense to me how it would be helpful.
If you were interested in how he developed a read, I can see why you'd want to wait on him to contribute before attacking. Yet, I don't see how this would make you like him or be ok with him at that time. So, has he developed this read? What did you think of it, and are you now dead set on pushing on him (and by voting)
Yep. And, I was okay with the fact that he was being more open to contribution. His most insightful lead has been his case on Homeslice, which is playing out now. I'm not dead set, because...

I think it is about time you do vote. If you still don't, I'd like for you to be a bit more involved in the discussion at least.
'm planning to go through this thread again now that I'm a bit more rested, and I'll let you know what it comes out to. Will do, with involvement.

What is your opinion on J, Homeslice, and VitaminC? How has your read on Loli been holding up?
Homeslice mentioned in first part of this post, leaning towards scum.
I'd like to see more out of VitaminC, only five posts so far. The excuse of being "a bit overwhelmed by life," while probably true, seems like a way to go unnoticed.
Loli, I still want to just say inexperienced. Null/town.
I can't read J. I really can't.

More specifics to come, too much for one wall of text.

@J - I'll get back to that post in a little bitttt.

@Homeslice -
Towny. I know Badwolf, and sometimes he gets angry pretty quickly. When he doesn't like something, he usually makes it loud n clear.
I'd like to see the reasoning here. Especially after #254, you seem to be aware of differing offline and online personas. What evidence is there of Badwolf being "towny?"

@Clover I see you're on. So, what's going through your mind right now? What are your opinions on how this is playing out?
Current thoughts: Ack, wall of text. I feel like most of the current suspicions out there are merited. Rereading soon, and, I'll be back with specifics.

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
@Homeslice: Yeahh, I read the wall, that just stuck out to me. Glad you've gotten focused now. Your thoughts on Rake are true; he did kind of post a wall based on one or two points. I'd be more inclined to think he's scum based on all the questions that he's asking people (as I mentioned in my #310) because it seems he's trying to divert attention from himself by doing so and by posting a case against you. I just skimmed the town meta he linked to in Newbie 17 and it seems like he asked a lot less of these @everyone questions there.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Well, as much as I want to lynch Clover, I'll wait on that.
Here, hehe...ALL JOKING ASIDE, NO MORE CHANGING AFTER THIS:
UNVOTE
VOTE: Anomandaris_Rake

Sorry bro, you're more scummier to me than Clover. I'll find hard evidence later, and make my case. Don't worry.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

You'll see in my wall of responses.

Also just call me Rake, it's much easier and only one person on this site gets the reference anyway

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
@Rake
Why do I have a feeling you're going to peg what I said as me being flippy-floppy?
Also what you said about the other game, I congradulate you, but this is a different game.

@Clover
Oh, me and my persona thing. Most people don't have that problem. Dave I know doesn't because when I was reading over the Rosario Vampire game, he was acting pretty much the same as RL. I mean, he was more analytical (but isn't everyone?). Hes acting the same now too (which is funny when you put his voice to his posts- because it's so similiar). My reasoning for thinking he's towny? Well, I haven't seen any scummy activity from him (as far as I can tell). I remember playing with you in RL, and I'm not to good at reading you, but you seemed to act pretty cool even though you were a mafia. This is you now, but you did have a bit of an angry slip-up that just raised my suspisions.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

@Clover: Not even close.

In fact, It's almost the exact opposite. *I learned something from BBM lol*

What does this mean to you ? Would you be surprised if I told you it was me pressuring you?

Would it surprise you if I said I thought Ran was doing the same to Clover ?

If Ran drops his pressure off Clover, who would you tell him to turn attention to ?

*still needs to look at Ran's case for the 5th time*

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Honestly, if I wanted to keep under the radar, you wouldn't have 'so much' evidence against me. But like I've said above, you're just saying the same thing over and over again.
Yes I am, because it's the same thing that kept occurring over and over again. But It's interesting that you bring up staying under the radar as a defence. It seems like since you have gotten serious, your much more locked into your reads wrt me and looking at what I've done, and have started to actually hunt scum based on your thoughts. And don't think of it as 'so much evidence' think of it as me questioning your play-style and applying pressure points on things I disagree with or question. I have never played a mafia game with you before , nor can I trust what other people put up as a defence for you, I have to see how you defend yourself, and how you react to being put in the spotlight.

Much the same as Ran has been doing with Clover, I have been doing with you. If I were to go solely on what the people who knew you posted I would be making a grievous mistake.

I was actually going to say the innocent until proven guilty, but thought that too cliche. I agree with you on that, nad you make good cases based on what I've seen so far.
So you agree that my cases have solid reasoning. Would you agree that your play-style of openness and all the options can appear as a scum slip ? Especially to the people who agree with what I'm saying.

As you stated you are much more serious now. Does that mean that despite your current attention on me you will bring to light serious accusations against Clover , who you believed to be scum as well ?

No, I don't get pressured. I'm pretty laid back, until I have to fight.
And you are fighting now ? Correct ? Was it solely due to my large push on your slot that you got into your fighting mood or was it the switch into the second day of content being around. Also, if you do not feel pressure, who do you think should feel pressure at this time ?

so, you see me real intentions, eh? I thought it was a good way to see how people would try to defend themselves, but it ended up just adding more confusion.
So you have tried to see how people defend themselves. Has this effected your reads ? What do you think of Clovers defence on Ran's case (I cannot recall if you had an opinion on this) .

What about your own defence to me, do you think you made your points clear and concise in response to my questions ?

Well, that's what you think. Sorry bout being confusing, I do tend to bounce off the walls. It wasnt really a list, just possible suspects
See now this is a response that I can actually do something with.
You respond to my thoughts with exactly what comes to your mind, you don't flip flop.

As for the list: You can see what I meant though, correct ? If you had a list now, who would it be ?

No, and that's not really my mentality. First impressions are important, are they not? And first impressions aren't just the first thing you post- to me, it's your style in playing and wording.
Homeslice is willing to admit she went into it blank minded. And Homeslice elaborates on the first impressions point. Homeslice could have left it, and I would have called you on it, but you elaborate on it instead.

I'm kinda a slow typer. No, I wasn't planning on buddying with J. I was just legit curious because in RL he has a lot to say.
Would it be fair to say that now that J has started to create content you have a better read on J?

No it's not. I was just wondering. I think you're over-analyzing my personality a bit much, Rake.
Yes I may be guilty of over analysing your personality, but you see, this is the internet and I'm not inclined to just 'believe' that this is your personality or play-stlye, until I see you defend yourself against my points, using the same / similar style. Nor am I going to take any of the players who know you IRL at their word that this is how you are. The most efficient way was to apply suitable pressure and go from there.

No, I have not. Anything can change. Technically, I said that I don't think Badwolf is scum. I never said J was scum either. I was just pointing out an obvious possiblity.
See, like right here. You admit your willing to reconsider reads as the game progresses.
Whereas before , it looked like you were simply flipping and flopping about.

You have now stated that you believe Badwulf to be town, despite the small wagon still on him. What do you think of this wagon ?

Towny. I know Badwolf, and sometimes he gets angry pretty quickly. When he doesn't like something, he usually makes it loud n clear.
Right here. Hard stance. One you haven't moved from, plus a small tidbit of a case of why.
Would you expand on this with quotes of Badwulfs that show you his town intent ?

Would you say that a scum Badwulf then would be more subdued and try to avoid lashing out ?

What do you mean? I think I would know if I was scum or not. I was just trying to contribute to the possibilities of who's scum.
Contributions before that seemed to be you jumping. But now you have taken a solid stance on Badwulf, a ( I assume ) solid stance on me. And have stepped back from Hipster. It seems like this serious mode of yours has town intentions. If you had to peg someone as being my scum partner(assuming you hold to your case) who would that be ?

What could change it is how he acts during the game. I don't care whoever kills off scum or if he's a popular town pick. What I think is what I think.
See. Opinion based , town priority reasoning, the same reasoning I personally and accidentally used to tunnel Orbo into the ground in Breaking Bad Mafia. Even when he told me I was too focused on him and it was that focus that made town loose a valuable member, in fact my focus blinded me to J's activity.

Sticking to your guns. Town points for me

I won't exactly be focusing on him the whole game like i'm narrowed minded or something, but I am trying to watch what he does.
Town answer, sticks to his J guns, if her flipping and flopping were a scum tell, she might have tried to flip again. She just believes J is one worth watching. Scum might have tried to play it off or deflect the question, but this looks to be a open and honest answer to what her plans on J are.

Thanks for trying to help Benji. Yeah, the thing is , is that I do switch around a lot, because my mind 1- wanders frequently, and 2-my mind works really fast, and I don't always catch the reason why my opinion changed.
Draws attention to the very base of my points. Doesn't deflect attention from my ideas on her flipping nor try to play it off. She seems to answer honestly that her mind moves and she may not always have the reason.

@Clover: Would it be safe to assume that in serious mode, you will be trying to catch as many of these reasons as possible and put them out into the open ?

Final notes

Here's the basic low down on me:
I'm just a really undecisive person, and I know that's bad. It seems like scummy activity to most people, but'cha gotta hear me out when I say that that's just who I am. So stop saying that over and over again (how I change my opinions) because that's honestly not scummy. That's just someone, yes, keeping their options open. Not for a back-door, but for finding all the possibilities and trying to not miss anything. Honestly, I'm not angry or anything at Rake for thinking I'm scummy, because form what he's said, anyone would follow him. But here's the thing. He's wrong. That's all I gotta say right now. I'm not saying this so you guys won't lynch me, I'm saying this because it's the truth.

Gives town a run down on herself. Even to the point of admitting that it can come off looking scummy. The stop saying part looks like a townie lashing out against people taking her attitude more into account then her opinion and she fights back against it. She states that she will keep her options open and to try not to miss anything, something she stated out of a pressure situation as her play-style and something she uses again when under some pressure.

Also: I doubt anyone would follow this case, because despite my case, the only people to comment on it were Badwulf and Clover.

Badwulf seemed to bite at the same point I did and Clover said there were some good points in it.

So I'm going to hold those 2 to that.

@Clover: What points of my case did you agree with ? Would you be willing to comment on these points with your own thoughts?

@Badwulf: After seeing Homeselice's own defence , were are you looking in regards to her. And were are you looking closest for scum at this point

Lastly:

UNVOTE

And I may have to work, so If i do this'll be my last post till around 6 - 8 pm my time

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

@Clover: Not even close.

In fact, It's almost the exact opposite. *I learned something from BBM lol*

What does this mean to you ? Would you be surprised if I told you it was me pressuring you?

Would it surprise you if I said I thought Ran was doing the same to Clover ?

If Ran drops his pressure off Clover, who would you tell him to turn attention to ?

*still needs to look at Ran's case for the 5th time*

This @ was meant for Homeslice, my bad on that one

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

@Loli : Thank you for switching the text, I see ran found out what I meant when I said it was a challenge to quote lol

@Clover: I see you viewing the thread. What do you think of the possibility of Ran's case being purely pressure based

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Okay guys, now I know this isn't much, but do you guys see where I'm coming from when I say this?:
Rake may possibly be scum. I only say this because at first his posts seemed mellow/bro-ster like, but then he gets very analytical and cold. Now, that may be just because the game has started at a quick pace, but it almost feels like he's trying to find the littlest bit of dirt on me (like how I said he kept bringing up the same fact about me changing my opinions, even though that's just one accusation, he kept saying it), like he's Idk, nervous? That's a little bit of an extreme word. I'm still set on Clover and Rake being scum. NO FLIP-FLOPPIN' THIS TIME.
Um yeah....I missed all the pre-game and RVS shenanigans during my last games.
So I may have gone a little overboard...Just a wee bit

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Well Rake got lynched D1 in Newbie 18 because he kept messing up in his posts w.r.t. his reads and what he was saying. The reason he got lynched was contradictions getting the better of him. His inactivity didn't help but that was for a completely legitimate reason. From this game, he is more "opinionated" would be the best word to say. He is different from his Newbie game, I can say that much.

I can verify that this is accurate wrt my lynch.

WRT Inactivity : My arm is 100% now , my job still consumes the greater part of my day, but due to my schedule I will be around to answer stuff.

Also I got to personally fire the person who did it. Was pretty awesome

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

For anyone who views this thread later:

I have an opinion on the Clover V Ran matter.

But'll take more than 4 minutes to post
If i get pushed back you can expect it.
If i don't then it won't be up till late.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If someone posts another damn wall I swear I will sit here and just spam the thread with size 28 all caps nonsense poetry. I am seriously considering giving up on this thread and just riding my initial reads until endgame or my death.

Rake I asked you a question that I don't think you've answered. I'd like you to answer it, especially considering you've posted so much bleh for me to read.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

If someone posts another damn wall I swear I will sit here and just spam the thread with size 28 all caps nonsense poetry. I am seriously considering giving up on this thread and just riding my initial reads until endgame or my death.

Rake I asked you a question that I don't think you've answered. I'd like you to answer it, especially considering you've posted so much bleh for me to read.
Post it again por favour

I am slightly busy , but will answer promptly

Clover

Smash Rookie
@Homeslice - One other thing. I'd like to see the "hard evidence" against Rake, and I'm curious why you were convinced enough to change your vote.

@Rake - A few things bother me about Homeslice.

No, I don't get pressured. I'm pretty laid back, until I have to fight.
Isn't that contradictory? If someone has to fight, then I feel like there would have to be pressure to induce that scenario. Also, it does appear that her "NO MORE CHANGING" announcement in #382 is prompted by the accusations of flip-flopping.

t wasnt really a list, just possible suspects
Errr, isn't it both? But, my point is, tossing out names without strong reasoning doesn't seem as effective as questioning individuals on specific posts, etc. Individual targeting produces a direct, specific, response from one player. Five names leaves the question sort of hanging out there, and people don't feel as inclined to focus on an answer. I just don't see the logic in choosing that kind of way to test responses.

No, I have not. Anything can change. Technically, I said that I don't think Badwolf is scum. I never said J was scum either. I was just pointing out an obvious possiblity.
Well, there's always a possibility of anyone being scum, and people are aware of that. But, the goal is to find the players with the highest probability of scum, and that's why it's a necessity to play more on specifics, not vague sensations.

I want to say that her responses sound genuine, but, I'm mainly bothered by her playstyle flip to apparent sudden decisiveness.

Would it be fair to say that now that J has started to create content you have a better read on J?
@Rake - Also, after Homeslice responds, I'd like to hear your thoughts on J.

@Clover: I see you viewing the thread. What do you think of the possibility of Ran's case being purely pressure based
I believe I remember J noting that it was a bit odd that two IC players would have differing opinions on the current situation. I would say that there's a good chance of it being pressure-based, mainly just on how relentless and thorough his accusations have been.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

^ I'll respond to this as soon as smashboards stops giving me bad gateway errors, which are happening every 5 minutes -.-

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Rake you need to clear up this 'I didn't read my role PM' business (c.f. #275, #304)
At what point pre-game (ideally give me a post number) did you read your role PM by?
How is editing your confirmation post relate to this?
Found it. -.-

Aight let's clear this up

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14566425&postcount=155

Is when I actually read the pm

I wouldn`t edit it unless I actually knew what I was right , that;s why I had it previously as `Confirming`instead of confirmed.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Quotes all from Rake

"applying pressure points...I've never played mafia with you" + "The most effective way was to apply suitable pressure and go from there"
Well, you certaintly applied suitable pressure. That was a lot to say. Honestly, I didn't know you were just trying understand my playing-style. That was a good idea, since you really don't know me. I kinda forget that about the internet, and i'm just like "oh, of course they understand who i am!" NOT. :D

"Would you agree your play-style of openess and all the options can appear a scum slip?"
Yeah, if some other player would've been like that, I would've been watching them too. I see where you're coming from.

"And are you fighting now?...Was it solely due to my large push on your slot, or was it the switch to the second day of content being around?" + "Who should feel pressure at this time?"
I was, but now I'm not (i've simmered down-you know reading that many accusations in the morning, just was NOT expecting it i guess). Also, during the night i'm more goofy, but after a good night's sleep and settleing into new things I think straghter. I'm not going to say who needs to feel pressure right now. I need to gather my thoughts and opinions first.

"...have tried to see how people defend themselves, has this affected your reads?"
nah...not really. Like I said, it kinda backfired on me and made me look scummy. I geuss that's a noob mistake, eh?

"As for the list: You can see what I meant though, correct? If you had a list now, who would it be?"
I see what you ment. In retrospect, I looked all over the place, didn't I? I don't have a list at the moment. I'll post it as soon as I do though.

"Would it be fair to say that now J has started to create content you have a better read on J?"
After mulling over what J's been writing, I can't seem to find really anything scumy. Either he's town, or just really good at covering up loose ends. Idk, more posts from him are needed I guess/ more actions.

"What do you think of this wagon [Badwolf]?"
Honestly, if that's who they think is scum, I'm not going to argue with them, but I really don't think he is. I'm going to try to find some quotes from him to help after this.

"Would you say scum Badwolf then would avoid lashing out?"
Yes, I think he would. You saw him in the Rosario Vampire game, he acted like he was town- and was really good at it. As far as I remember, I don't really recall him seriously lashing out at people, just falsely accusing them of being mafia.

"Sticking to your guns. Town points for me."
Haha! That made me chuckle. :awesome:

My final notes on Rake
Okay, so after thinking it over and over in my head, I understand what you ment when you said that you become 'just-face-the-facts' analytical kind of player when you're town. That's what you were doing, and now that I know that I'm going to back down off your case. And clover too, unless something comes up (because you said that Ran may be doing this to him too, so I feel Clover was just pressured, and therefore caught off gaurd). Okay, I'm pretty sure this is coming right after your posts, but I'm not sure. I should take a class on how to type faster XD. I think that was it. If I remeber anything else, we all know imma gonna post it.

Top Bottom