• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Kary posts giant letters getting everyone's attention
Kary gets accused of hiding in the background.

2 and a half hours of reading this thread today. My life slipping away from me.

Case on Rake: he's tunneling people to seem town
Case on Clover: claimed VT, is defensive
Case on Homeslice: Is wishy/washy or not all there
Case on Badwolf: Opportunistic and defensive

^ Happy to hear people's opinions on these.

I think I need Vinyl to out reads as well, or did I ask for that?
@Vinyl: two townreads and two scumreads with a little explanation for each please :)
..................wtf.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Town read:

J: he's going on the right tracks, and he was giving out some reasonable posts during the disagreements.
Rake: Pretty much walls of text, which I don't like a lot, but since I'm still reading it, he has some good points.

Scumreads:
VitaminC: inactivity
Kary: wtf, you're overreacting.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
And answer that question orbo, the scum would probably be badwolf, but then there's clover.

I'll have to decide between the two.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
w/e i'm going for dinner.

@Orbo; just not in the mood for J's questions right now, lol.
notice how keen he was to tell everyone his read on me ;)

as to evidence, seriously, not right now. That's the jist of it, and I'm happy to discuss whether i'm right/wrong but I am not trawling through those walls again.

Meh!

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
OK I FINALLY MADE IT TO THE END!!!! AND J JUST POSTED AGAIN.
i know that this is an intense game with a lot of reads, but i got off at 11 last night and i jsut got home in time to read 9 pages of posts. can we slow up a little bit? there are 13 people in this game and its really hard for me to keep up on everything when i have to keep track of 200 posts a day. so if i say something boneheaded in my post like, has anybody thought about badwolf, ( i know i voted for him. its just an example ) its because i just got fed up and started skimming. Also, i dont quote people because its a lot of work to keep track of everybody and if i quote half way through getting caught up, i look like an idiot because there will be a ton of new evidence by the time i finish.
now with that out of the way, im going to try to update my opinions.

1. Rake - You are an interesting person in this game. you have made a lot of posts with tons of evidence. that is what leads me to believe that you are the most powerful player. i agree with a lot of what you say, but i just read 5 pages of just you so im i little frazzled. as of now, i do not suspect you.
2. Ran - you have eased in and out of suspicion some, so im not sure what to think of you. there are a lot of opinions floating around here, so im not too concerned about you at the time. i dont have a full formed opinion about you right now, so you are in the gray area.
3. J - i think that you are playing this well enough to be a townie. you haven gone with the bandwagon on a few things and started your own opinions as well. i think that you would be a lot more vicious on a consistent bases if you were mafia. i do not currently suspect you.
4. Homeslice - i still believe that you are a townie. after your response to Rake's ideas, i believe that you countered in a good way, and he would have attacked you more if there was suspicion in it. i doubt you now, but suspicion may surface later. who knows.
5. Badwolf - i still stand by my vote for you. i think that you are just mad because you are scum and you have been targeted since the pregame. anybody would be angry at that, but i think that a vanilla townie would be a lot more level headed at this point.
6. Hipstersister - i have some suspicion of you at this point. you have consistently sided with homeslice during the time you you were both attacked and since suspicion around homeslice. this makes me believe that you thought that it would eventually, and you wanted to be on the side of a known townie once all the smoke cleared. i think that you could be scum with somebody else who attacked her, but im not sure which one it could be.
7. Kary - I COMPLETELY AGREE. SLOW DOWN THE POSTING PLEASE. oh yeah and my reads. i think you are townie because you, like me, missed a lot of posting and then came in and tried to catch up. you reacted in the same way that i did, and since i am a townie, i think that you are one too. again, that could change because its hard to keep track of everything, but for now i trust you.
8. Orbok - i dont have a well developed read of you, but i found your agressive post a little suspicious. its not much to go on, but i have an eye of suspicion on you right now. this will develop more later.
9. Lolilovesrain - you could be. you dont post much so i dont have a great read on you either. it all gets fuzzy after about 150 posts so it could just be the timing. you seem to have an exuberant personality which shines through a little. if this is a front, you definently are mafia, so i will be watching to see if it is genuine.
10. Clover - i dont know what to believe anymore. honestly i dont. im trying to read the massive posts about you, and then you massive posts back, and theres a LOT of stuff flying around right now. however, you have kept a cool head so far so im inclined to think you are a townie. im not entirly sure though. it is unlikely that all of that would be said about you if you were just a normal townie, so for now, you are my best guess for cop.
11. vitamin c - idk and at this point, im tired of typing.
whoever 12 is, sorry i forgot about you. it took a while for me to catch up so i probably read stuff about you and just couldnt think of your name/opinion when this i wrote this. like i said to kary. will try harder in the future.
as for me, im sorry, i know a lot of you wanted my ready earlier and some of you wanted responses. this is the earliest i could get on so your requests on page 23 or 24 didnt really manage to stay in my head by page 30. will try to respond to anything posted tonight.
on one last note, Badwolf, whenever i make a post, i always copy it first before i send it so that if it gets eaten, i still have it. i learned that the heard way by emailing my gf
on a second last note, i know hipster, homeslice, J and badwolf in real life. do i know anybody else here?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey! I want to talk about walls. I'll get to content soon.

Alright, in my opinion walls can be anti-town, because it forces the person (most likely that is referred to in that pose) to reply to it. When it comes to walls/cases, it takes a long time to make them, and also to reply to them. Walls can be used as a tactic to de-moralize people, especially the person being attacked. Also keep in mind that people might just naturally skim walls because their attention spans may be shorter, or they were paying attention to things that happened faster than that wall. Sometimes people become lazy, and don't even read/respond to walls (or wall exchanges) at all. Everyone does it. This is something to keep in mind when you do write a wall. This is why I made a case summary because I know some people might not even read my wall due to laziness. This forces people to actually have read the main points of the content I have proposed, and not use the excuse of "TL;DR".

Yet, at the same time, you have to reply to anything and everything, especially if you want to show that you can understand a situation, and are reading thoroughly enough.

Now, walls are nice to read through, since it'll have nice and juicy content. That I can't deny. I read them. I ctrl + F Ran. :cool: Anyways, what J says is correct as well. It is also anti-town to ignore the walls, because it would be wasting the person's time (who wrote it), and it would also ignore any important info you yourself may have overlooked. But it's easy to ignore walls. Plus, if there is an abundant amount of walls, it might encourage scum and town alike, to just ignore them, and use "I didn't read it" as an excuse. (I have ignored walls as well, check out Celeb Rehab Mafia)

Now consider someone breaks out a case, and the person attack makes a rebuttal. The attacker doesn't read the rebuttal, and keeps pushing. What do you think this is? Scum Vs Town? Town Vs Town? Or Scum Vs Scum?
Anyways, another point I want to make is if you guys make too many walls, it'll drown the thread, and make it harder for people to interact with each other. It also drowns content that should be easily read. It's best to be as concise as possible. I can understand people naturally taking longer to say something, because I am one who brings out a paragraph instead of a sentence, when I never even meant for it to have gone on for longer. But I will emphasize in 'trying' to be concise. It'll make others happy. (And can help others understand what you say) :bee:

So.

In conclusion:

Kary, deal with the walls. Read them. Try to interact with others in your own way.

Everyone else that is walling, wall less. :awesome: (If possible, only wall if neccessary) If you are using walling as a playstyle, then so be it. That's up to you. Just don't expect people to read them just because it is anti-town not to. Keep your readers [insert word I cannot find here] at heart.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Town read:

Scumreads:
VitaminC: inactivity
Kary: wtf, you're overreacting.
scumreads but then
And answer that question orbo, the scum would probably be badwolf, but then there's clover.

I'll have to decide between the two.

^that's a wtf don't like face if you're wondering.
@Orbo; just not in the mood for J's questions right now, lol.
notice how keen he was to tell everyone his read on me ;)
Meh!
I believe J was asked. You can be a gorf and not answer something but to say he sghouldn't reda you till later bugs me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lolilovesrain, I saw you viewing earlier and yet you didn't say a thing, what the heck.

I want you to comment on the Clover case.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
When I see a scum read, it doesn't completely mean I would choose that person though.

When doing reads, you see what feels wrong. When picking scum, you find who's really being scummy after 2 or more reads throughout the game.

So they're not usually one and the same.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Benji, you know Clover IRL as well. ;P

Thanks for your thoughts but be careful not to edit your posts because that is against the rules even if it is for a spelling error. Just gonna have to let those go.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J: I have Kary as a null. I don't understand what he is doing. I know he is the type who would like to bring out cases and such, so I would think he would have something. I also can see him experimenting with his own playstyle, and I am willing to see the end result of that.

I'm trying to see if he has something up his sleeve, and if he really does believe in Rake being scum. I also want to know what he thinks of Clover. My read on him is still developing.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
When I see a scum read, it doesn't completely mean I would choose that person though.

When doing reads, you see what feels wrong. When picking scum, you find who's really being scummy after 2 or more reads throughout the game.

So they're not usually one and the same.
difference of philosophy then

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Benji, why do you always have to post via a 'reads list'? Is this a playstyle thing, or just because you are busy and trying to show your thoughts in a limited time frame?

I'd like it if you posted in shorter posts so it's quicker.

Also, Loli was viewing earlier yet didn't post at all. What do you think of this?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Ben-why is my aggression suspicious and rakes townie?

why does rake posting a lot make him town/the most powerful player?
(just sayin...i think J is the most "dangerous" of us

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
@Ranmaru
i have to go to bed at 11 and i just got home from work around 3. i cant check it between those timeframes, so i have to put my whole opinions out for the whole day, and it is easier for me to put it all in one post. i will try to keep them brief though. i get tired of reading too,

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh I just remembered.

Homeslice. You kept asking what A.T.E was.

A.T.E = Appeal to emotion.

It's just when someone reactions emotionally to something in game. It can show genuineness, or just a person trying to fake emotions to get pressure off them. For example, a person insulting everyone after being voted up, and replacing out. This would seem genuine, because the person may have been pressure so hard, that they would leave the game. People also can use ATE to their advantage, as mafia to fake that feeling. Town do it too, purposely. I would like J to go more into ATE. : D

Generally I wouldn't ATE because it would cloud my judgement. I'd rather think with a clear and calm head, then a angry and pouty one. I also don't like dealing with ATE, because then it's borderline game, and borderline emotions/outside feelings. For example, a person insulting me and calling me the dumbest person in the world, yet that person is scum trying to discredit me. >_> (Yes, I'm calling you out Soup)

I also have shown two examples towards rake when he asked about it. The response to Rake is here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14570413&postcount=349

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Now I want to address this again, as I feel this may have been drowned along with the walls:

@Everyone: I also want everyone's opinion on Connections and connection cases. How would you handle them? When would you carry out a lynch due to a connection?

@Everyone: What is your opinion on ATE? Do you use it? How would you apply it as a tell?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Benji, you didn't answer my question about Loli... Can you get to that?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@Everyone: I also want everyone's opinion on Connections and connection cases. How would you handle them? When would you carry out a lynch due to a connection?

@Everyone: What is your opinion on ATE? Do you use it? How would you apply it as a tell?
wrt connections- Not really that good at picking these up, but if it can be shown to me and it makes sense, then I would be down with it.

Wrt AtE-It depends on the situation. I usually ignore it with people like bardull or ryker, but most others I will try to factor it in with the context of the situation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Another thing I want to comment on.

Everyone keeps unvoting. I don't want people to keep their votes off. Keep your vote in play. Unvoting lets you sit in the background.

For everyone that unvoted and didn't transition the vote, I want them to state why they unvoted, and what they will do next.

Either:

Re-vote, or Vote someone else.

If Re-vote, I want to know why they would unvote even though they are fine with that wagon.

If voting someone else, of course I'd want them to say who that would be, and I would want them to vote.

Don't get in the habit of 'unvoting'. Only do so if you want to do a 'unvote, vote' thing. That's it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also want to see Clover put on a vote.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Aww I was looking for the vote count... I noticed it was very hard to tell if anyone else has voted or not tho. xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Loli I hope you are replying with some substance here...

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
as for connections, im not exactly sure. as u know, my 2 biggest suspicions are Badwolf and Hipster. the odd thing is, they have both been targeted but neither has mentioned the other. if i was under scrutiny, i would try to put it off on the person who had the greatest chance of being taken out instead. i think that this could be a sign of both of them being together, but this will take more looking into.
also, i forgot your question, and it would would be a pain to find. can you just post it again please?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I can repeat it.

Loli viewed earlier yet didn't post. What do you think of this? She hasn't posted anything of substance yet. You also said something about Loli's playstyle before, can you go into that, and tell us if that is indicative of her being mafia, or just 'herself'?

Also, this one:

What is your opinion on ATE? Do you use it? How would you apply it as a tell? (I explained ATE as Appeal to emotion above)

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
i noticed that loli plays a very girly, somewhat hyper game. if this is her personality, i would expect that. this is why i dont suspect homeslice. i know that she is a very happy person and i dont think that her playstyle stands out. im saying that if loli is putting on a front, and this can be proved, then she will most likely be mafia because that is one of the easiest playstyles to mimic and the least suspicious if it is done right.
as for an emotional appeal, im not entirely sure about if this would work. it is a lot harder to do over the intrernet so i dont think its a good strategy unless you can do it well.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
All right calm down xD I had a departmental final for funeral services xD i was gonna post stuff but now I'm on my phone so just give me a little to get home and ill post kk??

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha I don't understand why you would be viewing for such a long time, while taking your final. But ok, I'll await it eagerly. I also expect a vote from you too. This has gone for too long.

@Benji: Ok thank you for answering. I thought you meant that she would wait it other so others would be in the spotlight while she wasn't as mafia.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Okay then...
Ha...Badwolf's gonna hate me for this (i'll get an earful next time I see him probably~)
VOTE: BADWOLF My reasoning? Check out my previous posts against him being against me. I don't like re-itterating myself. The gist: He's lashing out at people for targeting him, probably because he IS scum (came to this conclusion with help from Benji's posts). :D

@Ran I don't really know what you mean by connection and connection cases. I know Badwolf has claimed me for ATE'ing, but honestly I thought that Star Wars reference was needed.

Top Bottom