• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie

-est
-played really only in real life
-playing because J and Hipster wanted me too, also, school's out, don't really know how else to connect n' play this with others over the summer
- Uh....I want to take over a small country, and then take over another, and soon a continent until everyone is ruled under my dictatorship. That was my dream when I was little. :psycho:

@Rake: Thank you, master.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Nematoads and Dark Matter!! Turns out I didn't choose a batman one. I'm really confused
Oh ,that must be you Katie! See you found the place...just saying, I don't think you're allowed to post on this thread cuz you're not playing. You can read it though. TO CONTACT ME: private message time!

haha...oh XLR cables and cresant wrenches. I love pictionary.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Yeah, sorry bout that. That's how we know that it's the other person. It's a joke that I started because all my science papers I wrote were on dark matter and nematoads.
By choice ?

Also so if I made reference to Baryonic and Non-Baryonic dark matter, you would understand ? Or were the papers topics less intense ?

Clover

Smash Rookie
First, yay, I think everyone's here!

Second, I thought we decided those votes didn't even count anyways since Day 1 hasn't started yet? But, okay, Unvote.

@Rake - Note that earlier I had said that it was early for "serious" accusations. While I do have my suspicions, it's too soon to be definite on anything. Lynching someone solely on actions before Day 1 even starts would be a bit much...Ran asked for my opinion, and although my insights aren't quite substantial enough right now, I felt that it would be more beneficial for certain things to be noticed so that people can develop their own opinions rather than for me to keep silent. And, you keep saying that I believe in a "BS stage," but check out the last part of #128. I think that you can start to get reads at this point in the game, but there's not yet enough definite information to effectively act on those.

I did take issue with a few of your posts on the basis that they seemed just not too effective in aiding town in any way. Like, #92, although you explained your reasoning on that question, it still doesn't make much sense to me how it would be helpful. Neither does #105, to me, but my point above was that without being able to place any of this in context with decisions after Day 1 starts, it's difficult to know just what it means. But, even small things are worth noticing.

However, I do appreciate your recent lines of questioning, they seem significantly more productive. Let's see where this takes us.

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
Sorry for not posting, I always manage to be busy right at the beginning of games. D:
School's out now so hopefully I will have more time.

Yeah Rake, why ask that question? hm?...wait, Ran, why you question his question? trying to throw around some suspicion? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?????...wait, benjamin, why you question his question about question? WHAT AM I HIDING? TELL ME.
Not sure if suspicious of just being Ben...

Oh, and Vinyl, are you town?
Realistically, wouldn't everyone say yes to this? What was the point of this question?

Nematoads and Dark Matter!! Turns out I didn't choose a batman one. I'm really confused
KTTTT, yay. :D Join in on the next game!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
1. BadWolf
2. Vinyl.
3. VitaminC
4. Orboknown
5. Rake
6. mightbebenjamin
7. Clover
8.Lolilovesrain
9. Kary
10. Hipster Sister
11. J
12. Ran
13. Homeslice

Bold = confirmed

All Players have confirmed!

Vote Count

1. BadWolf
2. Vinyl.
3. VitaminC
4. Orboknown
5. Rake
6. mightbebenjamin
7. Clover
8.Lolilovesrain
9. Kary
10. Hipster Sister
11. J (IC)
12. Ran (IC)
13. Homeslice

Not voting: BadWolf, Vinyl., VitaminC, Orboknown, Rake, mightbebenjamin, Clover, Lolilovesrain, Kary, Hipster Sister, J, Ran, Homeslice

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 starts! Deadline have been set to June 23rd, at 11:59PM EST.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Alright legit question :

If you were scum who would you kill D1 and why
I posted this as stated before for mainly an ice breaker.
It created posts , did it not ?

See , a town answer by Ran already : )
Imma so happy Ran : )
We should town bro this up and lynch scum like boss-hog town bro-ski s , you in
This was me liking Ran's answer .
Flat out.
If you read it, he seems to be on the same wavelength you are in terms of how to hunt scum.

You state as much in your 128.

I don't recall if Ran shares this sentiment or not.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
By choice ?

Also so if I made reference to Baryonic and Non-Baryonic dark matter, you would understand ? Or were the papers topics less intense ?
It was less intense, but I do recall reading something on the subject. Also, to Hipster, that's just Ben being Ben (of course Iwould know, right?:) ). No worries there. I also just think that if you ask what people are, they're going to take on the townie role, but of course there are those people who say they have a power role. Why even ask the question?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
No worries there. I also just think that if you ask what people are, they're going to take on the townie role, but of course there are those people who say they have a power role
Sorry but LOL NO. Do not ever claim a PR unless you're cop and there's just one scum left. You will get NK'ed.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Sorry but LOL NO. Do not ever claim a PR unless you're cop and there's just one scum left. You will get NK'ed.
Oh no, I wasn't saying to do that. It just that a friend of mine made the mistake of taking on a power role, and then the player with the actual role called him out on it. He was then lynched because that was apparently a scumy move. I just don't believe in role-claiming unless you are in fact a townie. Even then, some won't believe you.

Clover

Smash Rookie
@Rake - It did create posts. But, it's the content of that post and the responses that define how useful it is. And, just...There was something about the wording of the last part of that that possibly seems off. But, for now, I'll take you at your word.

Day 1, eh? Hmm. Hoping to see some activity from a few of the more idle players.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: Homeslice For writing about Dark matter nematoads

Guys, on claiming your role. The role is yours to claim whenever you think it is best to claim it. It's not suggested you claim it out right, because you'd not have gained any info since most games on SWF are day start. Meaning, you'll have to wait until the night to use your role if you have one. If you are a cop in any game, it's best you not come out unless you have a guilty. If you are a doc anywhere, it's best not to come out at all to protect any powerroles/players that you feel are town.

Also, if you are on the lynching block, then you should claim your role to save yourself from being lynched. The upside to having a power role is that it can save you if you claim it, but you shouldn't rely on your power role to save you. This isn't good play.

Now, if someone claims your role, and you know they don't have it, it means they are scum. You are forced to claim as well, this is called counter-claiming. It's just like a cop coming out with a guilty, and being out in the open. This is called a 1 for 1. (One townie for One scum) This is also why townies should never lie about having a power role, because then the 1 for 1 would be a waste.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Rake - It did create posts. But, it's the content of that post and the responses that define how useful it is. And, just...There was something about the wording of the last part of that that possibly seems off. But, for now, I'll take you at your word.

Day 1, eh? Hmm. Hoping to see some activity from a few of the more idle players.
Underlined, can you tell me why you are taking him for his word now? Can you tell me what exactly felt off about his last statement?

@Everyone: What do you think of buddying? How does it apply as a tell in your pov? (Buddying is when two people buddy up, such as "Let's be friends" or alliances etc)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh no, I wasn't saying to do that. It just that a friend of mine made the mistake of taking on a power role, and then the player with the actual role called him out on it. He was then lynched because that was apparently a scumy move. I just don't believe in role-claiming unless you are in fact a townie. Even then, some won't believe you.
I. Freaking. Died. Lmao Benjy.

Reading up now but dag on you guys are posting a lot. o_o

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
What do you think of buddying? How does it apply as a tell in your pov? (Buddying is when two people buddy up, such as "Let's be friends" or alliances etc)
In my last game Newbie 18, I was buddies with Zen & Vinyl, but it didn't really matter that much because I eventually called them scum... Buddying is only a problem when you don't have a correct read on that person. It doesn't tell me all that much unless one of the people are really happy to get into it, it says to me that they're scum and are happily being accepted.

I'm not going to do it but I don't really care all that much if others do. Like I've said "Trust no one, suspect everyone."

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Vote: Homeslice For writing about Dark matter nematoads[/i]
Wait, you're not seriously voting for me right? That would be a weird reason to lynch someone.
From now on, I guess I'll just stick striclty to the game.
How you explained buddying, I think that it sounds like it could make people suspicious. Personally, I'm guessing it's not somehting you'd want to do.
Wonder what J's doing right now? Suprised that he hasn't anything yet.
Hm. Oh well.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
I'm not going to do it but I don't really care all that much if others do. Like I've said "Trust no one, suspect everyone."
Well, as much as your saying makes sense, doesn't that seem a bit harsh? I mean, if you suspect everyone, that really doesn't give anyone a chance to say that they aren't scum.
That's just what I think. I think you can trust some people. Maybe just not right off the bat.
I say, "Give people a chance". :bee:

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Wait, you're not seriously voting for me right? That would be a weird reason to lynch someone.
It's called RVS (Random Voting Stage) it allows people to see how others react to being voted for (Confusing sentence is confusing). Don't worry about voting too much right now, we're just trying to generate posts and reads from people.

That's just what I think. I think you can trust some people. Maybe just not right off the bat.
I say, "Give people a chance".
...Ask Hipster about Newbie 18... She will probably say to never trust anyone.

@Ran: What do you think about buddying? Why are you bringing it up now?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: BadWolf28738

We really should be lynching this guy at the moment. He almost won Newbie 18. :awesome: But besides that I actually find myself getting a bad vibe from BW's posts. He seems content with trying to keep pushing fear onto people by saying "Trust no one" and also the way he seems content with fluffing up his posts without doing much of anything himself yet.

@Homeslice: Would you consider voting/lynching Benjy? ;P

@Hipster/Clover: Would you join me on BW and what is your opinion on Ran?

@Ran: I feel you have an opinion on Rake but are not letting us know the full value of it, can you explain it?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
We really should be lynching this guy at the moment. He almost won Newbie 18.
@J: Really? Do I ever play while trusting someone fully? J, you know me better.

I should say this, however, play how you see fit. I know how I play, but it's probably not the best way how to. I'm just trying to give advice to the newer players. I feel my play is the safer than most because I don't allow for emotional attachment. I allow myself to think that anyone could and very well is scum. It's kinda duchebaggy but it works for me.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
Vote: BadWolf28738

We really should be lynching this guy at the moment. He almost won Newbie 18. :awesome: But besides that I actually find myself getting a bad vibe from BW's posts. He seems content with trying to keep pushing fear onto people by saying "Trust no one" and also the way he seems content with fluffing up his posts without doing much of anything himself yet.

@Homeslice: Would you consider voting/lynching Benjy? ;P

@Hipster/Clover: Would you join me on BW and what is your opinion on Ran?

@Ran: I feel you have an opinion on Rake but are not letting us know the full value of it, can you explain it?
To J,
GO FORMALITY! Here's the dealzies...
If I suspected Benji, I guess I wouldn't mind lynching him. It would make me incredibly sad
but what needs to be done must be done.
YOU BEST NOT BE PLAYIN' ME AGAIN, J! :evil:
Also, Badwulf...well. Sometimes he sounds scumy, but I think he's honestly just being normal or something. Not entirely sure. I wouldn't put it past him though.
But I've seen your gameplay before. Trying to put the attention on someone else while you kill someone, eh? Now, I'm not sure- but I'm just being cautious about you, J.

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
im not really sure at this point who to vote for. i think that if homesclice was scum that she wouldnt be talking as much and would be trying to keep a low profile. i am a little suspicious of badwolf but im not really sure if its from his posts or from everybody else saying he is. i think that J could be because he is really analyzing everybody heavily at this point and its only day one. tbh, i dont think he has any reason to suspect me, so im a little leory of him saying so much, but im not going to accuse anybody until later on when i have a better idea of how people are playing.

Clover

Smash Rookie
Underlined, can you tell me why you are taking him for his word now?
By that, I mean that I'm not totally convinced, but I'm willing to accept his responses for now. I've been a bit too focused on Rake, and I feel that it'd be best to take a step back from that and divert my attention elsewhere. I suppose that type of posting could be within reason, his answers were plausible. But, there's nothing definitive enough about Rake for me to want to lynch at this point.

Can you tell me what exactly felt off about his last statement?
Attempting to "town bro this up" seems like an attempt at humor, which most people would probably just read by, so the subtlety of the idea that he's town just naturally works its way in because of general lack of analysis of a seemingly irrelevant statement.

What do you think of buddying?
I don't see how buddying would be a town benefit in just about any circumstance. The idea itself promotes a lack of self-reliance. If you agree with someone and you can build off of his or her ideas for a collective benefit, great! But, if you agree with someone and don't bother to analyze what or why they're saying something, not great. Having an alliance for the sake of having an alliance just doesn't seem logical.

@J - As I've mentioned earlier, I'm somewhat suspicious of Badwolf for his utilization of that randomness in the first few pages that would aid him in likability, and he doesn't seem too intent on moving the game forward. I wouldn't be quite ready to join you until I hear more from Badwolf, but it's one of my stronger considerations at this point. And, Ran seems to be playing excellently. He asks insightful questions, but I'd like to hear a bit more of his own thoughts to other players' responses.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
im not really sure at this point who to vote for. i think that if homesclice was scum that she wouldnt be talking as much and would be trying to keep a low profile. i am a little suspicious of badwolf but im not really sure if its from his posts or from everybody else saying he is. i think that J could be because he is really analyzing everybody heavily at this point and its only day one. tbh, i dont think he has any reason to suspect me, so im a little leory of him saying so much, but im not going to accuse anybody until later on when i have a better idea of how people are playing.
Benji, I don't think he was seriously accusing you. He was trolling because of you-know-what-in-real-life. I'm more leaning towards J, but that could change. What you're saying makes sense. But first impressions are important. At least that's what I think. Of course, my suspisions of J aren't from that, but from playing with him in real life- Ever since that one day when he totally played me, I'm trying not to make that mistake again.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I'm somewhat suspicious of Badwolf for his utilization of that randomness in the first few pages that would aid him in likability
Yeah.... No, That was WAAAAY pre-game and then I was just talking.... I wasn't even trying to get anything from anyone. I don't give a crap if you like me or not.

So to give you what you want anyway...

@J: Are you seriously voting me because of my close scum-win in 18? That's just stupid. I change my plays almost every game, except for my very basic stuff. You know this.

@HomeSlice: How suspicious of J are you right now? You've said several times that you don't trust him, but to what extent? Do you have a scum read on him or what?

@Orange: Why aren't you posting? I see you lurking, but no posts.

@Clover & whoever else wants to answer this: In your eyes, without even considering J's posts against me, who are your scum reads right now?

Considering J's posts right now he's playing very manipulative. He's trying to get as many people on his side as possible. Not really a scum move right now, but I'm going to keep an eye on him.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
@Clover: I'm going to look into you now, if you don't mind. Who are your other considerations at this point and why? Has anyone acted in a way that warrants suspicion?

You're looking rather deeply into the pregame insanity. Why do you put such emphasis on people's actions at that point? Do you think your accusations are well-backed by your analysis of the pregame?

@Orange: Why aren't you posting? I see you lurking, but no posts.
Vote: BadWolf for having no patience.

Homeslice2332

Smash Rookie
It's not that I have a scum read, it's just that it seems like his regular game plan. And he's using you as his main decor. It would be a likely cover-up to say that since you act well as scum, you may be one. He's using that to his advantage, and you'll see that he tries to find anything scumy on all the players. Anyone but himself is how he plays (from what I can tell).
My scum reads are (fyi: I feel vibes)
J
Hipster (I'm being serious Hipster)
Clover
maybe badwolf. But I'll look into that later.
Let's see what J has to say
@J: What's your defense in not being scum?

Top Bottom