• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 18: Rosario Vampire Mafia ~Game Over, Town Wins!~ BadWolf Foiled!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Badwolf: Alright, you're fine then.

JDietz: Null, but why did you wait for Vinyl to re-ask that question before you said that it needed to be clarified? It did seem as though you were ignoring it.
RVS is a fairly important (and short) time in a mafia game. The first time I saw it I deemed it so fail an avenue of questioning (both in grammar and purpose) I simply didn't bother using up my time and assumed Vinyl would move on when he actually had something important to talk about. Instead he brought it up again so I responded with what I found obvious.

@Ramen
Why are you just randomly voting right now? The game has clearly moved out of RVS a long time ago. Why did you change your vote to Vinyl right after proposing an alliance to which he agreed? Please respond to my earlier statements about you being scum #106, 109, & 111. I want to hear a long response addressing these, and as to why you're not scum.
(Just a heads up: This is Zen's early game playstyle. Don't expect it to stop anytime soon until he's heard from everyone in the game, nor should you waste your time assuming he's scum for it this early. Question away as a full explanation will do your mafia theory good, but don't spend the majority of your time concerned with this and this alone)

Vote: Vinyl

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm not joking.

Vinyl, why do you keep asking people for reads? You do realize that being redundant and asking different people for reads isn't town telling and makes you look suspicious, right?

@HipsterSister - What were you trying to achieve by posting that read list?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
@Vinyl
Wow you have successfully ignored me for the last half-day.... Quite an accomplishment, most people can't do it for more than a couple of minuets. If you actually decide to answer me anytime soon and try to erase the mounting scum read that I have on you, please refer to my #90, 109, 111, and 120. My vote is becoming more serious the more you avoid my question.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Bardull you're gonna stop pretending you're hot **** because you're not, this is not helping town at all acting like a condescending douchebag.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You're voting for me on the premise that I'm a douche bag? That's anti-town and silly of you, Soup. You're not hunting scum, nor are you concerned for alignment.

#HBC | ѕoup

Well you're certainly not proving my point wrong, are you? Don't expect acting like this is going to get anyone to listen to you nor expect it for people to fear you, I've tried acting like this and trying to gain superiority. It doesn't work, unless you're a player like Ryker.

You are not Ryker, and you are definitely not going to be doing this on my watch, respond to JDietz in a more formal manner or expect me to tunnel you into the ground.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I stopped caring about what you had to say when I realized that you feel inferior, so you feel a need to make a point.

The reality of the situation is that your most recent line of attack is nothing more than spurred rage at my interpersonal relationship with you outside of the game. You're not playing Mafia, you're playing something else.

And you're being an idiot while you're at it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ask yourself this: what do you hope to achieve right now with your most recent line of posts? There is no town incentive, only a desire to try to pull me down. And to what do you hope to achieve by doing that?

Start acting like an IC, or I'll take your spot.

#HBC | ѕoup

No Bardull, your attitude is scummy and your refusal to answer a simple question and expect someone to understand your line of reasoning without explaining yourself is pathetic. The fact you want to deter this into a personal argument shows your maturity.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh, well forgive me for making an assumption about your line of voting then.

However, I know that's what it really is.

Now explain why it's scummy to me, and I'll explain to you why I didn't answer it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Bardull, what are you trying to do egging on players? You expect them to crumble at your will and to gauge reads by trying to pretend you're a force to be wreckened with? No, you are not that player nor do you have the caliber to ne that player, respect others in this game and stop what you're doing.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ninja.

I told you what was scummy about it, you blatantly ignored JDietz' question and merely egged on him by calling him bad, then you obnoxiously say that you calling him bad was your answer, when you showed no effort in the first place to legitimately answer it. This is not townie, I don't expect a town to blow something off like that or find reasoning to do that.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Gah, I suck at arguments.

I have been persuaded Vote: Vinyl. Argue against it! I want to know your innermost townie... If you have one...
Personally, I do feel that me just talking about why I'm town isn't as powerful as why I'm not scum.
You're gonna have to ask me questions or at least read my answers from others if you want to know I'm town.

Hell, I ain't no pro though. So blah.

I do however find it odd that he invited Vinyl as well to the alliance given that he hasn't said anything to him in the beginning. Right now with both of them I am leaning null-scum. I would like to see how Vinyl responds to my vote and I might put some pressure on Ramen as well.
You're not alone. Zen is a really tricky player in these games. He may do things that others might find odd. And that's coming from my experience when playing with him. That Brony allience is one I will not get into at day 1, yet I did just because he voted me. I think? Idk, if he's really suspicious on me just because It didn't look like I was ignoring his invitation or whatever, does not mean I have some odd scum feel.

It's possible that they are scum-buddies.

LOL NO.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Zen, read on Soup?

Soup, explain to me how JD's line of questioning would potentially catch scum when I could EASILY backpedal out of the vote and say it was RVS?

#HBC | ѕoup

What's the point you're making, you're telling me what you coulda done? Tell me why you did it, tell me why you called JDietz stupid and why you egged him on? What did you expect from him there? What would his reaction be that would gauge a better read on him? I understand what you're saying but the clarity of your posts lacks and you're still expecting everyone to understand your PoV.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
... you worry me in general Vinyl, but just for the arguments that you presented Unvote.
This doesn't mean that you have gotten off the hook just yet. I'll be keeping my eye on you...
Me and you are gonna be good town buddies, so don't doubt on me, k?

Since there's about 9 players in this game, I assume there might be 3 or 4 scummies out there going in for the kill. So trust your instinct and keep memory of your reads.

They are the most important.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The point I'm making is that if I wanted to, I could have easily said "the vote was RVS." Which begs the question of why JD thought he could actually catch scum by asking that question.

Now, here's a quick lesson for you, Soup. If the vote really was RVS, why would I out that knowledge right away? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of what the RVS vote is meant to accomplish? That's right, it does. The proper play would have been to see how Zen reacted, and to see where I went with my vote, not to prematurely asking me what the vote was prior to Zen responding to it.

#HBC | ѕoup

The point I'm making is that if I wanted to, I could have easily said "the vote was RVS." Which begs the question of why JD thought he could actually catch scum by asking that question.

Now, here's a quick lesson for you, Soup. If the vote really was RVS, why would I out that knowledge right away? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of what the RVS vote is meant to accomplish? That's right, it does. The proper play would have been to see how Zen reacted, and to see where I went with my vote, not to prematurely asking me what the vote was prior to Zen responding to it.
And if you said that, it would JDietz opportunity to explain his reasoning to call you out on that. Did you think about this? You completely shut down all discussion.

Bardull, you did not give an inclination for that vote being RVS or not, all you said was "let's get this show on the road." JDietz called you out on this, what do you think of Dietz for calling you out on this? Why are you voting Zen?

Zen wouldn't know either, you did not make your intentions clear and your post was completely useless, whether you want to think so or not. You would have likely got the same response JDietz gave you.

#HBC | ѕoup

Me and you are gonna be good town buddies, so don't doubt on me, k?

Since there's about 9 players in this game, I assume there might be 3 or 4 scummies out there going in for the kill. So trust your instinct and keep memory of your reads.

They are the most important.
Think two, not three or four. We would be one day away from lylo/mylo if that was the case.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It was my first post of the game and we were only on page 3. How dense can you possibly be?

Unfortunately for us both, JD isn't an idiot. He would say that he wanted to see if I had legitimate reasoning for a Zen vote, and if I didn't, he would have voted for me. It would have lead to nothing. I took the alternative route and, lo and behold, we have achieved more discussion than I would have hoped from a continued conversation with JD. Fancy that.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
@BarDulL
Calm down some man... You're a good player. I've read through your games, just clear your head OK? Don't be raging it doesn't accomplish anything.

#HBC | ѕoup

It was my first post of the game and we were only on page 3. How dense can you possibly be?

Unfortunately for us both, JD isn't an idiot. He would say that he wanted to see if I had legitimate reasoning for a Zen vote, and if I didn't, he would have voted for me. It would have lead to nothing. I took the alternative route and, lo and behold, we have achieved more discussion than I would have hoped from a continued conversation with JD. Fancy that.
Now, here's a quick lesson for you, Soup. If the vote really was RVS, why would I out that knowledge right away? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of what the RVS vote is meant to accomplish?
So you're basically saying it was RVS but you weren't trying to out that it was RVS even though it was blatantly RVS as you just said. You're a moron.

#HBC | ѕoup

You didn't plan this. You had no plan, you ****ed up on a massive scale and I called you out. I think you're scum, I'm not even playing with you.

Top Bottom