• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
"Hey, that Badger guy is pretty crazy, I bet he kidnapped Walt for weed money. Let's go get him!"

"Huh, he isn't home, let's wait."

8 hours later...

Badger - "Wassssup, I didn't know there was gonna be a party tonight! I was out getting my oiled changed high and making a cosplay costume money!"

Then someone shot him and he was dead (5 star writing, amirite?)

Vitamin C (Badger, Town Vanilla) has been lynched!​

Night 2 begins! The deadline is set to 5/4 at 11:59 PM EST.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm very sorry for the extended night phase, let's get right back into the game.

Soup~ (Steven Gomez, Vanilla Townie) has died in the night!​

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline 5/16, 11:59 PM EST

Vinyl. [0]
Aleate [0]
Ori_bro [0]
o-Serin-o [0]
Shottymaster [0]
Jdietz [0]
Orboknown [0]
J [0]

Not voting: o-Serin-o, Shottymaster.,Orboknown, Aleate, Vinyl, Ori_bro, J, Jdietz

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well yay for this game finally starting back up haha. Heya everyone!

Vote: Ditzy

This is for you Soup!

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
I think we really should lynch an inactive today, maybe another one tomorrow. They haven't done anything useful and are just making it harder to lynch people that there is an actual case against.

J, JD, you on board? What about you Vinyl?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe, I'd have to forgive J for seemingly setting me up pre-flip yesterDay, but I wouldn't be totally against lynching an inactive since I've got a big null on too many of the players here due to inactivity. *cough Serin cough Aleate cough*

If we hit scum it could be a big boon not having to deal with it in a lylo scenario, but we run the standard ML risk as well.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
Ori is pretty inactive too, but not as much as Serin and Aleate. Is anyone like, actually opposed to lynching one of these two, and if so, why?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
No real opposition. If I had to choose the lynch order for the inactives I'd go Serin>Aleate>Ori

Serin before Aleate because he makes enough effort to post "Sorry guys I'm not posting" but not actually posting when he does whereas Aleate is simply silent most often but occasionally throws out a post that has something to do with the game.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
Good point.

And Aleate seemed to express an actual interest in the game but was understandably busy IRL, whereas Serin really never seemed to care.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Should somebody just replace me? I have finals soon and I need to put even more time into school. My final exam period is 4 days, and I have 8 exams so... :(

I haven't been very helpful at all so I don't mind if you lynch the excess baggage that is me :(

Orboknown

Smash Hero
anyone else puzzled by the fact that we have two mafia factions yet only one kill each night? think it's more so a doc protect than a No-K through not sending the pm in on time?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
J&JD stop fighting with each other. JD OMGUS does not suit you very well.

Fine with an inactive lynch, serin would be lowest on the list with ori at the top. serin lowest because all last newbie game he was inactiv as shiz but turned out to be town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If we are doing an inactive lynch, I moreso prefer an Ori_boat lynch.

Inactive lynch thouhg on D3 is silly considering things.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I still have a town lean on you and JD though, so the only activish person i would consider now is vinyl/shotty. moreso shotty but inactives are way too null right now.

PS ill be on and off all throughout the day due to finals

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
anyone else puzzled by the fact that we have two mafia factions yet only one kill each night? think it's more so a doc protect than a No-K through not sending the pm in on time?
The two mafia could have shot the same person last night. N1 however was a doc protect and a NK if I have these game mechanics correct.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How in the world do you have a town-read after yesterDay's events, especially after what myself and Soup brought up against him?

Ditzy needs to go.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
town lean. I'll go reread and evaluate.
im assuming n1 doc protect on an ic(my slot maybe, since zen asked for a doc) but i'm not sure about last night.
remind me what soup brought up?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FoS: JDietz
I wish I had a gun.
I claim Twilight Dayvig.

Daykill: JDietz43
Why do you keep implying "If Vitamin is town." Why did you just say "Jee I sure hope he flips scum."

What are you doing, JDietz?
What? Where are you getting this theory from???
I'm not gonna even say anything.
Soup was extremely gung-ho about lynching Ditzy yesterDay after we had lynched Orange.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
he was also hopping on your read for the guy saying "if". tbh im not sure how vitamin was town when EVERYONE IN THE THREAD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Scum can easily have scapegoated the Orange wagon by just going along with it to try and get towny points.

So if you think Soup's hop-on was bad, what makes you of Ori_boat?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Ori needs to post. when he has posted it has been to "goof" about mechanics and to say he can't post right now.

null leaning scum :/

Vote: Ori

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Woooot RVS!

Vote: Shottymaster

to answer your question Sen, this will be my 3rd Newbie game. In total I have done 4 games. I played in Higurashi Mafia as my first game a couple months ago. This will be my last Newbie and I will continue on in the higher up games.

:phone:
RVS vote, understandable/
Well in my first game I was mafia. I kinda felt nervous because I didnt wanna get exposed especially since I was nooby.
doesn't want to be exposed as mafia, so lurks like hell to avoid anything incriminating.
I have yet to make any true claims as to who the potential scums are. Like I posted originally, "Woo RVS"

its the initial post of D1, Random Voting Stage. Everyone randomly votes because there is nothing crucial known yet. I will be reading theough the past 2 pages tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm mad tired after my friends birthday so I will make proper responses and possible acusations tomorrow.

wtf@first sentence, mechanics talk @second sentence is useless.
Seeing 4 votes on Ran is interesting. Going to delve deeper into his posts.

More to come.

but then his next post was
I'll be V/LA until the early evening. Going to the Zoo for my friends birthday.

Sorry for being inactive yesterday. Friend's birthday make me have no time for internet. I will be reading over the past few pages and I will begin playing catchup

~cheers

blegh.
Yes I can finally!

To start things off UNVOTE
- we are clearly out of RVS, so I will get rid of my RVS vote.

After reading through looking at everyone people posted the most about, aka Ran, Vinyl, and Kary, these are my opinions.

Ran
I believe, was trying very hard to get this ball moving. I am against a lot of his stances that he made on people. I also believe it is way to early to try and put a place for each player in this game. I'm leaning towards null-scum on him. I'll have more to comment on his actions with another player soon enough.

Kary
I don't see why everyone was getting on Kary's case.
maybe I missed something in the past few pages, if someone wants to show me post #'s on why Kary is suspicious I'd be grateful.
Kary is definitely leaning as townie in my eyes. But all could change since this is mafia.

Vinyl
This was a tricky one for me, I had to go read through their posts a couple times. For now I'm going to say town, but the way Vinyl has distanced himself from Ran make me think they could be scummates. For now Null-scum
:secretkpop:
calls ran scum, rolling with the town on that.
Kary town huh?
rolled with town on the vinyl read
Yes you are leaning town but I can still have my suspicions thats part of Mafia. I never said either of you should be lynched. I don't toss that stuff around like rice at a wedding. I said you 2 should be the first questioned.
this bugs me.
Shotty and JD are town. Shotty just hasn't been very helpful. JD has been doing great as far as getting things to progress and making this active.

I'm curious as to why your posts/attitude have made a complete 180.

slight questioning of ran.
Holy crap a lot happened. I'll be going over everything in a bit.

I told you all Kuz is a godlike player
and thats all(well most) of his D1 posts.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
The two mafia could have shot the same person last night. N1 however was a doc protect and a NK if I have these game mechanics correct.
That's not how fire and ice mafia works, if you read the rules if the two mafia factions NK the same person they cancel each other out. That means one faction has to be inactive or a doc is doing solid work for there to be only one kill rather than zero or two. If they targeted the same person we'd have no kills at all.

@Orbo: ....... he started it 3:
(for the record I don't like how he keeps talking about the possibilities of scum setting people up right after his "if" statement fiasco, it looks like he's going for round 2 on me after hand-waving his own involvement with Vitamin's lynch)

I wouldn't mind Ori gone one bit, but how worried are you about Serin coming in and posting excuse after excuse rather than any comments at all? Actually...

@Mod: Can we get Serin and Aleate replaced?
If so that stops being a problem.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Kary was mafia and was killed during N1? Thats a very interesting move on the mafia part. Especially since we had already had hunches of Kary to begin with. Everyone we need to jump on this. 1 mafia down, 1 more to go (I believe)

stating the obvious and not participating. irks me.
Hey Hey Hey HEY not really any new posts today? Well alright then.

As for Dietz, well the way he hopped on the Kary wagon was odd. Out of no where. It was like he didn't want to be left out of it even though he made it clear that he only wanted to lynch Ran on d1. The thing is the moment he got a chance to he jumped off of Kary really quickly. It was like why did he even vote him in the first place you know?

I'm still waiting on Ori to respond because I don't but that he thought mafia targeted themselves. It seems to me like he is trying to fake ignorance. He has played 3 games before this one and should understand the basic concept of mafia's kills. They wouldn't kill themselves.
zen on JD and ori for the record.
I do however agree that Ori can die. He's been doing nothing but sitting tight and conflicting his own opinions when he does opt to give them. He clearly doesn't understand what's going on, but that doesn't seem to stop him much. For instance #268-278. He basically hadn't contributed until that point, and needs me to specifically tell him what Vinyl's position was, while making a simultaneous town and scum read on him. Then after I point this out, he says he'll re-read and soon has a case laid out for Vinyl in the span of a few posts. Ok? Sure...
It's also quite hard to ignore statements like how he didn't know there were two mafia factions (even though people have been talking about it in game even), yet was looking at the player list. Let's not forget Ori seconded a RVS vote on Shotty with Kary at the beginning of the game. I don't think they're scum together, but it's weird to me to have a second vote on someone right away, maybe that's just me. I see a connection between him and Aleate too for posts such as #295.

Ori hadn't been doing any contribution. Ori was also the very next post and addressed Aleate in a positive way. So if Ori were to be scum, Aleate would be someone I would look at.

Currently, my lynch order goes
Vitamin->Ori_bro->Aleate->Vinyl->Zen

Aleate for being a non-factor with loose Ori connections and making statements I find false, Vinyl for being plain dumb in several posts, and Zen makes the very bottom of the list to satisfy my paranoia that he might scum doing a good job leading us around.

Yet to be placed: Kuz and Serin. Get active.
like the parts about ori. JD this still your lynch order?
Why is this so dead :L

:glare:

When I have hunch that someone could be scum, why is it so bad to get someone else's opinion? After hearing what you said, I wanted to go back and take a second look at what I thought previously.
why not build your own casework?
Very nice work Zen.

Vote: Vitamin C

just jumps on to zen's reasoning.
I'm hoping we get the last two votes in today after I vote :/ Vote:Vitamin

Ori get in here and give your opinion. Serin too.
Soup get in on this lynch?
this never got answered

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@Orbo: ....... he started it 3:
(for the record I don't like how he keeps talking about the possibilities of scum setting people up right after his "if" statement fiasco, it looks like he's going for round 2 on me after hand-waving his own involvement with Vitamin's lynch)

I wouldn't mind Ori gone one bit, but how worried are you about Serin coming in and posting excuse after excuse rather than any comments at all? Actually...

@Mod: Can we get Serin and Aleate replaced?
If so that stops being a problem.

Serin was inactivity city the last newbie game and ended up being doc. I do want him talking and if he gives me BS he can die. final number three brb hourish

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well alright another town is gone and we still have 3 mafia alive, this is looking absolutely horrendous. I'm beginning to rethink my reads right now.

Soup was someone I agreed with and now that he is gone, I think his read on JD is correct.

JD: When this game first started I had you as a town read. As this game progressed, you slowly drifted from the original town read. In the back of my head I began seeing you more and more as scum. I truly believe now, that soup had a correct read on you.

J: When you joined this game I knew town's chance of success jumped a lot. You are a solid player and you are someone you want on your side. I think you have had good reads and have been a great help. Although, something just isn't settling with me about you. As much as I want you to be town, I have the slightest thought of you being scum (tbh its like 8:2 town). I'm going to be extra careful when reading your posts.

Orbo: I don't ave much to say, but here is what I got. I honestly believe you to be a town and maybe the doctor. I haven't really looked into who could have what roles yet. I have been focusing mainly on who is town and who is scum.

----

When we have come to the decision of who we want lynched and are in the night phase waiting for the mafia to select their targets. The mod has always asked for the mafia to hurry up and choose (This usually happens when a day or 2 has passed IRL) This makes me believe that one of the inactives is a Mafia member. I don't think its Aleate and I think its Serin.

I would be more than happy with a Serin or JD lynch for today.

Vote: JD

FoS: Serin

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
JD this still your lynch order?
Pretty much. Stick in J omgus somewhere in the mix and it's up to date. Forgot how obnoxious Ori could be when he did post...

@J and Ori: Let's play the game "What do you do when JD flips town"

Let's say you push through my lynch today, maybe even convince Orbo and an inactive or two I'm scum while you're at it, and I die. I flip Town. What do you do, and where are you looking.

Specifically, Ori how will you justify being on my wagon in the first place, and J how will you weasel out of being my wagon's spearhead after what you did in twilight yesterDay.

JD: When this game first started I had you as a town read. As this game progressed, you slowly drifted from the original town read. In the back of my head I began seeing you more and more as scum. I truly believe now, that soup had a correct read on you.
Substantiate, if you're wanting me dead you're going to have to back it up with more than "drifting" to give town something to work with when I'm gone.

When we have come to the decision of who we want lynched and are in the night phase waiting for the mafia to select their targets. The mod has always asked for the mafia to hurry up and choose (This usually happens when a day or 2 has passed IRL) This makes me believe that one of the inactives is a Mafia member. I don't think its Aleate and I think its Serin.
I don't recall ever seeing JTB ask for this in thread. Scumslip?

Top Bottom