• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Well alright another town is gone and we still have 3 mafia alive, this is looking absolutely horrendous. I'm beginning to rethink my reads right now.
why is this horrendous? we could have lost a two townie the past few nights so i think we are pretty lucky.
Soup was someone I agreed with and now that he is gone, I think his read on JD is correct.
why did you agree with him and why was he right about JD?
JD: When this game first started I had you as a town read. As this game progressed, you slowly drifted from the original town read. In the back of my head I began seeing you more and more as scum. I truly believe now, that soup had a correct read on you.
aye you gonna substantiate this with your own reasoning or just say "this person ahd good reads"?

Orbo: I don't ave much to say, but here is what I got. I honestly believe you to be a town and maybe the doctor. I haven't really looked into who could have what roles yet. I have been focusing mainly on who is town and who is scum.
don't be rolefishing. i will say im not the doc.

----

When we have come to the decision of who we want lynched and are in the night phase waiting for the mafia to select their targets. The mod has always asked for the mafia to hurry up and choose (This usually happens when a day or 2 has passed IRL) This makes me believe that one of the inactives is a Mafia member. I don't think its Aleate and I think its Serin.

I would be more than happy with a Serin or JD lynch for today.

Vote: JD
FoS: Serin[/QUOTE]
the mod only asked people to hurry up once iirc.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
EBWOP
ori said:
When we have come to the decision of who we want lynched and are in the night phase waiting for the mafia to select their targets. The mod has always asked for the mafia to hurry up and choose (This usually happens when a day or 2 has passed IRL) This makes me believe that one of the inactives is a Mafia member. I don't think its Aleate and I think its Serin.

I would be more than happy with a Serin or JD lynch for today.

Vote: JD
FoS: Serin

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What do you do, and where are you looking.
I'm thinking Ori_Boat>Serin personally.

J what u thinking on ori/serin?
Ori_Boat>Serin as I said above. His posts come off weird and try to cater to what town wants instead of what he wants. He lacks explanation behind his posts and his voting history isn't the best.

Though I still love this buddy-buddy nature between the two of us. <3

Orboknown

Smash Hero
town bros 4 life. i'm def leaning ori right now but serin needs to post. if he hasn't by today's end i'll consider lynching him tomorrow.

aleate thoughts?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
all of serin's post, unless i missed one.
Confirm ing.
pregame.
Goddamn, you guys post so much. BRB, reading everything.
"i need to catch up"
This has been the biggest boom of D1 that I've ever played. *sigh*

I'll quote and respond to things when I'm finished.
fluff+ill do stuff.
Okay, from the looks of everything that I've read thus far, it seems as though VitaminC is receiving the finger for:

Iffy statements
Poor reasoning on his views
???
And I guess people were just hoping on the bandwagon because of it? Am I somewhere in the ballpark here?
doesn't quote like he said he would. summarizes a wagon and does nothing about it.
And what did your slight reads tell you?
slight question.
Truth be told, I can't really point fingers at the moment. The game is going, but everyone seems a little too quick to point fingers without really letting everyone get a chance to throw in their input seriously.

I'll give my opinions on what goes on from here on and on certain things from the last few pages.
" im not scumhunting yet but ill do so soon.
I assume Vinyl voted me to encourage me to post more.

Nothing wrong with that. Truth be told, I'm just being lazy, and being a little busy with other things, so finding time to read everything and formulate an opinion on who to build a case against is slightly hard for me.

I'm still down to play the game though. It just takes a minute for me to really get into a game.
"i don't do stuff".
Okay, I'm back. Reading now.
and he gets
From what I've read, the play for toDay is going to be Ran, Vinyl, or Kary? Fair enough.

When I saw Ran give the okay on the lynch for today, I thought to myself:

Not sure if playing smart
Or just bluffing.

But regardless of that Kary has contradicted his reads toward Vinyl.

I'm about to read all of Vinyl's posts.
a summary of what we will do without commenting on it at all except to say kary has contradicted himself(stated by vinyl) and a comment on his thoughts about ran
Sorry, it was prom weekend, and I have been SOOOOO preoccupied. This was the last thing on my mind, I really apologize.
says he has been busy.
Im on my senior trip and I have been gone.

:phone:
im busy
I'll be back on Monday.

I'll be back, except im not yet.
FoS Serin

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Why FoS on serin when he's not even gonna be here?

Well, I'll at least request the mod to prod him.

@Mod: I want serin prodded.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
because he is really anti town atm and i want that to be there while he's in my head before i forget him because he doesn't post.
@mod-tripling that request for serin prod

Orboknown

Smash Hero
gonna study for final, if i haven't checked back in by 8 est then im most likely gone for the night. Don't lynch anyone over night kthx

Orboknown

Smash Hero
well that took a lot less time than i thought.
1.5 hours to go and I see ori viewing.
boy will this be fun if he actually posts

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
J, what makes you feel so strongly about lynching JD? You really seem to have your heart set on it.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but I just want to know what makes you so certain he's scum.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
EBWOP

he has asked twice.

• Asked when there was 9 hours left here

• And again he apologized for the Night taking too long here and here, my hunch was that mafia was taking way too long again.

also ori way to not defend against the case i threw up on you.
Oh, I will go respond asap.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Sorry for being late, went out for dinner and have been distracted by tv haha anywho, here are some responses for you Orbo.

[COLLAPSE="Post 1035"]
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14428839&postcount=1035
[/COLLAPSE]
Most of my D1 posts were around my finals week, I was very limited to my time.
I can see why you expressed like so when reading my posts, I really haven't posted anything crucial. A lot of my posts were responses to people. I honestly had the ****tiest reads D1 lol.
[COLLAPSE="Post 1037"]
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14429314&postcount=1037
[/COLLAPSE]
This post was mostly just people saying they could agree with eachother to lynch me. That would be the biggest waste of a day because I am just a town Vanilla. I know that I should start making my own case work and I will definitely try to do so.

Orbo do you need anything else?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Unvote
Vote: Ori_bro

After thinking a few things through, I do realize I have been tunneling Ditzy a bit but the thing is I have a really strong scum-read on him this game. However, Ori has moved up to match his level with his responses to Orbo and his reads post that didn't even establish any concrete reads on anyone (w.r.t. My slot, Orbo, and Ditzy) where he just left himself a bunch of outs if it ever came down to it. He just followed me onto Ditzy and never really substantiated his vote. I keep looking at Ori and I can't get over the fact that I do feel in my gut he is scum.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
man you switch to my man right when im contemplating flipping to lynch your scumspect. we have an odd chemistry going lol.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha well let's get Ori toDay and then we can go Ditzy. You should be happy still and then we will both be happy. =D

Odd chemistry indeed but it still works.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
indeed. im gonna leave off on ori for now though vote wise as i don't think he needs to be hovering near l2 all day

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*shruggers* Well considering he already claimed that he was a VT and it seems we only have about 6 of us playing this game (You/Me/Shotty/Vinyl/Ditzy/Ori) out of the rest of the cast plus the mod would have more time to find people to play in for Aleate's spot is he/she is replacing out.

L-2 is a fiiiiine place Paranorbo. =P

Orboknown

Smash Hero
this is all but ...two? of aleate's posts.or osmething like that.
Oh hello.

I think you are all thinking too hard... especially at this point in the stage. JDietz voting for himself shouldn't be taken seriously... there's too many possible motives for it so just ignore it imo. I don't see what's wrong with random voting right now seeing as how nobody has anything on anybody.
comments on Jdietz voting for himself as a joke in RVS(after votng the mod at first lol) but not on anything else right now.
Oh oops. <3

Bet Serin's town. He doesn't get his "rush" if he's not scum.
comment on serin meta.
Nah that's just his reason for long periods of inactivity.
explaining his comment... but how would he know to expect massive periods of inactivity from serin?

Careful, boi. You could make a mistake by making more reasons.
this is vinyl's, but i just saw it and i wanted to know what he meant at the time.

@Axel

This is the second game I've played here. First game was the previous Newbie game and I was aligned with the town.

I didn't think the game would be so fast... kinda struggling to keep up :p
answering zen's question. J you'll remember he was a VT in newb 16 and did near nothing there as well.
1Hm his posts seem natural since he is kind of at risk here. From what I gather, posting out of self-preservation can indicate scum.

2I didn't realize until now that he voted to lynch me but he eventually revoted to Ranmaru and retracted. Not sure what to think of that but I suppose he's leaning towards scum to me.
numbered for convenience.
@1 just a comment on something scum might do. since it is shotty and shotty hasn't played before I'll accept this.
1Sorry if my lack of activity makes you antsy. Try taking 8 accounting courses and working to pay tuition :)

2I don't think I can say with certainty who is guaranteed town. Ori seems town to me. He's jumping in and contributing quite a bit. He also seems to be playing cautiously by holding back his vote until things become a bit less murky.

3I'd probably choose Vinyl. after Ran. Like people are saying, he is distancing himself from Ran and hasn't really posted in his style earlier in the game. Makes me think that he feels backed into a corner and thinking/waiting for a way to get back in the game.

4I wouldn't be against lynching Ran since he's been very active and people are arguing and accusing him. If he does end up to be town, perhaps his posts and the other players' posts can be evaluated after his flip?

5Inactivity shouldn't be a huge deal. I really just come to SWF to post a little in my region's social thread, other than that I'm busy balancing a LOT of irl stuff :(
1 is activity johns.
2 I am troubled by his use of the "guaranteed". there are no guaranteed townies in this game since we don't have a cop, so the only way to know someone's definitive alignment would be to be scum( i realize the two scumteam arrangement nullifies part of this but eh.)
3 following town's wagon choices.
4 lynch ran cuz he is talking and people want to lynch him, but ill give myself a backdoor.
5inactivity won't be a problem, except i don't post here. lol wut.
Oh, I didn't realize there were two factions of Scum as well. I thought it meant two had different abilities from the other two.

Vote: Vinyl.

Vinyl voted Kary initially, but after a bunch of arguments and more of us getting suspicious of him I think he decided to tone it down and afterwards he just followed the bandwagon and voted Ran off.
@bolded :urg:
then a vinyl vote after vinyl's so called scumpartner flipped town.
Not sure what to think about Vitamin. Could go either way for me.

I don't think Ori_bro not knowing about the two mafia factions is such a huge deal.

I only decided to vote right after the night because I wasn't going to be active a few days afterwards.
no stance on vitamin, who was the play for most of yesterday vinyl wagons excluded.
defending ori.
effectively a V/la statement
Should somebody just replace me? I have finals soon and I need to put even more time into school. My final exam period is 4 days, and I have 8 exams so... :(

I haven't been very helpful at all so I don't mind if you lynch the excess baggage that is me :(
slight AtE

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Anomandaris_Rake replaces Aleate immediately! Serin replacement is still being looked for.

Votecount + updated OP to come shortly.

Top Bottom