• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I never just said "yeah that" or not explain it. I show how you did not really take a stance on Ran and Kary and divided your attention to both wagons that were beginning to form. You give Ran your vote but even then your reasoning is lack-luster. There is also your Kary reasoning which was bull. I don't find your suspicion of either slot to be real, but moreso you are sheeping popular thought which I have shown moreso a thing of your game.
No you weren't clear whatsoever, because I had no idea what you were getting at and had to ask three times for this to be explained. If you're going to pry for lackluster, I think you'll have to remember this was still within the timeframe of RVS, there wasn't a super hard reason to vote for anyone that I could see yet, but I saw Ran being hypocritical about his own playstyle and wanted to pressure that.

Ditzy, you being a non-IC had nothing to do with what I was saying nor did you really quell the suspicion thrown at you from me.
And I still don't think you get the position the game was in at that point. We were waiting days for these people to post and when they did it was usually about nothing. I point out I was active and frustrated because it's relevant, we were awash at that point.

I read everything Ran posted and I didn't see anything really scummy with his play that wasn't just normal Ran. Vinyl-Ran = obvbuddies manuever? Uuuhm what, no. Ran was bouncing over the place with reads but how is that any different from sloppy play.
Ok, then how do you explain his votes and stances, especially on Shotty who hadn't yet even contributed to the game, or the reasoning behind spewing his reads of every player so early. As far as anyone could tell he was just making stuff up. That's what was condemning him, and still was up until he was lynched.

Really bad call-out by the way, especially considering you got the wrong person. So, what is your real opinion on Soup's slot then if "GLG wasn't a saint himself" so explain.
[/quote]
GLG made an overall negative impression on me, so when I thought that it was his slot plus your stances so far my impression of the slot was scummy. Soup has been doing fine so far to counteract this and has lifted my impression of the slot to town lean.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
with your vote on J he is at L2 if i'm counting correctly. soup wants him to give a last ditch explanation fo reads and shiz. and I want ori/serin/shotty to pony up and drop some content into the ring.
I'll def be back on him in the next 36 hours regardless

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No you weren't clear whatsoever, because I had no idea what you were getting at and had to ask three times for this to be explained. If you're going to pry for lackluster, I think you'll have to remember this was still within the timeframe of RVS, there wasn't a super hard reason to vote for anyone that I could see yet, but I saw Ran being hypocritical about his own playstyle and wanted to pressure that.
This was not in the time of RVS because people were already beginning to form thoughts on people and also follow suspicions. You may have wanted to pressure Ran, sure. That wasn't my problem. My problem was how you ALSO called out the other wagon on Kary with an FoS to make it show that you supported both wagons.

Ditzy said:
And I still don't think you get the position the game was in at that point. We were waiting days for these people to post and when they did it was usually about nothing. I point out I was active and frustrated because it's relevant, we were awash at that point.
Time=/=you not being an IC.

Ditzy said:
Ok, then how do you explain his votes and stances, especially on Shotty who hadn't yet even contributed to the game, or the reasoning behind spewing his reads of every player so early. As far as anyone could tell he was just making stuff up. That's what was condemning him, and still was up until he was lynched.
I cannot explain for Ran himself. I don't know what was going through that crazy lovable mind of his. I just got town vibes off his coo-coo nature. Just because everyone else thought it was such, does not mean I should have thought exactly that way as well.

Ditzy said:
GLG made an overall negative impression on me, so when I thought that it was his slot plus your stances so far my impression of the slot was scummy. Soup has been doing fine so far to counteract this and has lifted my impression of the slot to town lean.
How?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
with your vote on J he is at L2 if i'm counting correctly. soup wants him to give a last ditch explanation fo reads and shiz. and I want ori/serin/shotty to pony up and drop some content into the ring.
I'll def be back on him in the next 36 hours regardless
TBH, I don't see the latter happening haha. However, it is fair to give Orange one last chance before the hammer is dropped.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
wanna say I would take JD's angle on this. he was saying that he was frustrated with all the non IC's(and KUZ) not doing shiz. you can constantly see him dropping and saying "where are you people"

Orboknown

Smash Hero
TBH, I don't see the latter happening haha. However, it is fair to give Orange one last chance before the hammer is dropped.
true dat. scum lies in those three in some degree. maybe remaining two(assuming VC scum), maybe just one.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Vinyl, join me?

Anyone's welcome! =D
A ride with J?! I might consider this :3

ori, shotty, vitamin, chime in. i think i left questions for each of you in the past couple pages :/
I didn't see any I just read through the past like 6 pages just to catch up since this thread just exploded with activity. I'll go back and recheck to see if I missed anything.

OriOri, I want your thoughts.

Shotty, stop firkin lurkanz.
I'll give you my thoughts...

J: In my 4 games I've played, J has been in like 2 or 3 of them. He has been a solid player. He is one to never underestimate. I like the way he is playing the game currently. He is giving great reads, and is becoming very pivotal. I have a Town read on him.

JD: When the game started, I had a town read. But in recent events JD is becoming very iffy. He is constantly changing his decisions

Orbo: I'm not sure yet, but after reading some of his posts I want to say town.

Vinyl: Townie. When I made my first read in the beginning I targeted him as scum. After reading everyone else's thoughts and taking a second look I see that he has been being "dumb-townie."

Vitamin C: I'm still convinced he is scum like almost everyone.

Sorry for this post taking like 20+ minutes (Got distracted by TV/friends on Skype).

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
This was not in the time of RVS because people were already beginning to form thoughts on people and also follow suspicions. You may have wanted to pressure Ran, sure. That wasn't my problem. My problem was how you ALSO called out the other wagon on Kary with an FoS to make it show that you supported both wagons.

I cannot explain for Ran himself. I don't know what was going through that crazy lovable mind of his. I just got town vibes off his coo-coo nature. Just because everyone else thought it was such, does not mean I should have thought exactly that way as well.
If you can't explain your town read, then you don't get to be mad that we lynched him.

Well I'm not sure which part or who you're talking about so: GLG for being inactive, and when finally deciding to post posting things like this which were somewhat unelaborated on as he vanished again and taking a strange stab at Kary:

With the Aleate post, I find it rather scummy that he made a post calling someone town on meta so early in the game. Yes, Aleate might think that He is town and that we shouldn't lynch him, but that's not the tone I got from it. I feel like he's using that to buddy someone without any reason that way someone other than Aleate would be willing to defend Aleate in the event that Aleate came into the top lynch spot. I don't like that post and It's putting Aleate on my Radar right behind Ranmaru.

You on the other hand. There's you. Oh there's you. I'm onto you lemon, I'm onto you. Watch out.

@Vitamin, Ranmaru is the scummiest so far this game, followed by Aleate. Ranmaru's questions don't seem to be helpful to me and seem to be there just so that he seems active and that he seems to be helping town when in reality the majority of his questions are yes or no questions that could be answered if he actually read the post he was addressing instead of just replying with the first thought that he has. Also, his post that put various people in different lynch pools was fishy. I think it's ridiculous to think that someone has actual reads on every player in a game so early on. Also, he has Ori and Zen as "null-scum", and yet their in different lynch groups. Kuz and I are both Null for not posting when he made that post, yet we're also in different lynch groups. Actually backtracking a little bit he said he had no intention of lynching Zen even though Zen was a null scum read. I don't know about all y'all, but if I thinkt aht someone is at least a little bit scum I'd be wanting to lynch them partially during a day, and not write them off as to be not lynched today.
Which Zen addresses here:

I'm ok with Vitamin right now. He's done some scummy things, but his defenses are logically sound to me.

wrt glg well:
Not too elaborate but lolwut @the bold. I'd recommend everyone else take a look through all of glg's posts. (You can do so be clicking the search > go advanced > and then use his name in the right search bar). There's not that many. The bolded was so out there. I mean it's not always so great to scum hunt based on connections to other players, but this stuck out to me.Also glg this was random and you never explained it.
Soup for being alive, breathing, and posting with critical thinking in mind most of which I can agree with or at least see the reasoning behind.

And you you're already aware of because I disliked the way you entered the game so chummy without elaborating.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@J: I am curious about one thing though. When you were calling me out for talking about feeling it was strange you had a different read for both me and Zen, why did you use yourself and Ori as the counterpoint? What connection were you two supposed to have?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oops, missed commenting on this one:

Then I'm sorry you don't like that I liked both wagons, but I did. The FoS was exactly what it was and served it's purpose if you were able to tell I also disliked Kary at that moment in time but less so than Ran.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
K, VitaminC has not done anything since this time, and it's been about 12 hours.

Hammer him.

#HBC | ѕoup

I guess I can hassle a claim but I'm really putting Orange on the spot for this, I saw him viewing the thread yet he never shown any effort to show input. Orange, get in here and claim at least.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: Vitamin

There isn't anything to claim in this game anyways. The only PR is doc, and claiming it means we lost it already since we can't have the real doc CC if he lies without them being NK'd.

#HBC | ѕoup

You should have waited for a claim, if that was hammer.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It isn't (at least I don't think it was)

And waiting for a claim is pointless in this game. Why do you want one?

#HBC | ѕoup

Because it's indicative of how and what he claims, it's also indicative in the way how he responds to all the accusations put, especially in a near-deadline situation like this. If it was earlier game, I wouldn't have cared as much for the claim.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suppose I can see some of that, but what it really boils down to is if he's scum he'll claim VT if he thinks he can get away with it and Doc if he wants to give us last minute strife and hope for a CC.

Is there really something he could have said, or a way he could have responded that would have reversed your decision on him? Because if not it's a waste of time since he's already been inactive as the primary lynch candidate.

#HBC | ѕoup

What do you think i'm getting at? Always give someone the benefit of the doubt until all the chips are down. I want the slot dead but if he's town he'll prove his worth at a last effort. If he's scum he'll try not to leak partner tells as much. It's one of my go-to ways of reading someone on flips. Don't worry about Doctor, either, and really CC's aren't that feasible in forum mafia AND in a setup that has two mafia factions. It doesn't make sense to counter-claim a role.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, but I recall asking him long ago when he was first at L-1 to spill his guts if he was town when we thought the deadline was 4/30 and all we really got was "I don't know, inactives?" to work with. So I'm not holding my breath or my vote.

#HBC | ѕoup

Neither am I. I just want him to give us more to work with.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
We'll see if he shows up again or not.

PS: I feel the overwhelming urge to change my avy to Dave Strider so this convo looks way more badass...

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm want to wait on him, but do what you think is best.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Deadline 5/2, 11:59 PM EST

Vinyl. [1] Aleate
Aleate [0]
Ori_bro [0]
o-Serin-o [0]
Soup~ [0]
VitaminC [5] Vinyl, Ori_bro, Soup~, J, Jdietz
Shottymaster [0]
Jdietz [0]
Orboknown [0]
J [0]

Not voting: o-Serin-o, Shottymaster., VitaminC, Orboknown

@modRequest deadline be put in thread title from now on to avoid hecticness like earlier.
Why you thought the deadline was earlier when it is clearly stated in the votecount is beyond me.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
Still don't know what you guys want me to say. I've given my piece, and all I've heard is "that's bull****, give me something better." I don't care. I really don't care. Go ahead and hammer if you wish.

Regardless of what you all say, I'm very suspicious of Orbo. Don't let him slip by without any suspicion. Him or Soup.

I'm Badger, Town Vanilla. I do hope you guys actually pull this through, because a second town lynch fills me with the idea that the leaders right now are scum.

Top Bottom