• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Zen said:
As for Dietz, well the way he hopped on the Kary wagon was odd. Out of no where. It was like he didn't want to be left out of it even though he made it clear that he only wanted to lynch Ran on d1. The thing is the moment he got a chance to he jumped off of Kary really quickly. It was like why did he even vote him in the first place you know?
Seems Zen was on the same page as me w.r.t. Ditzy when talking about his Kary vote.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'd probably look at Orange and I still am. I just feel Ditzy has been lacking in terms of getting attention for his actions which are scummy.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
alright. :/ don't go tunneling on me.
Vinyl that wasn't quite magic in your response. got any more razzle dazzle up your sleeve?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Paranoia=Orbo. xD

Orbo, in your own words, try and get me to go onto Orange instead of Ditzy. Why should I follow you instead of you following me?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That probably all of it...... I just had my thought of Kary being scum.
Ran being town...

Now, I'm looking at jdietz. See what goes on.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Alright i'm gonna sit down and read this game fully while we're trying to get things going more.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Paranoia=Orbo. xD

Orbo, in your own words, try and get me to go onto Orange instead of Ditzy. Why should I follow you instead of you following me?
Because vitamin is legit scummy to all(taking away the possibility of it being one player getting a scumread on one person and fixating on it) who has been continually scummy as opposed to blustering town which could be how someone would describe JD. Vitamin has been commented on by almost everyone, giving him more connections upon a flip and has indeed been more scummy then JD.

orbonoia?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
That probably all of it...... I just had my thought of Kary being scum.
Ran being town...

Now, I'm looking at jdietz. See what goes on.
right on both accounts. but that doesn't help us now :/
what in specific are you looking at in regards to JD? are you looking at him mainly because of J?(that's ok..I am too partially)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: Vitamin
Awwww, Zen is still way better at this than I am...

Oh well lol, at least I had the right idea even if I couldn't convey it as convincingly

Vote: Vitamin
1. Vinyl.
2. Aleate
3. Ori_bro
4. o-Serin-o
5. GLG
6. VitaminC
7. Shottymaster
8. Jdietz
9. Kary
10. Zen
11. th3kuzinator
12. Ranmaru

What the hell I completely forgot about glg.

Hm yeah

Vote: glg

Reasoning incoming.
Alright, I'll be interested to see what you've got. GLG seemed gruff and insistent on Kary, but I don't remember much else about him.

Vote: Aleate

I want to hear way way more out of you. Can we get some opinions on Vitamin and Ori?
Look at these posts please! Listen Zen decided to vote Orange and then he posted his case in which Vinyl/Ori/Ditzy all hop on because his reasoning is good. Zen then asks Ditzy to explain why he dislikes Orange and he gives reasoning. However, when Zen then turns to vote GLG, the next person to post is Ditzy who says that he is hopping off Orange to go to Aleate of all people? He basically voted the person who is acting exactly like GLG. I'm somewhat appalled at his follow the Zen game he has played this game he just has been doing whatever Zen(town's biggest collective town-read) does and its bugging me to all else. His reads come off as shallow due to the way he treats them with his votes and how often he throws it about.

@Ditzy: This is a classic Zen-trick he uses to try and catch people as scum. He has done it to me in the past and it has worked. He had suspicions on you for your Kary vote and decided to test you on whether you would do the same thing you did the last time. You did do the exact same thing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
And then he flips onto Shawty for a flippant reasoning and shows his Aleate vote was just full of air.

Goodness, I haven't had a scum-read this strong in a long time.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
looked at them. I agree he is moving down my ladder.

still want to hear his response to these before making a solid opinion.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
alright, I'll buy that as ithas me as well.
I had vitamin scumread by page six lol. he has done much better since i have been posting tbh
I'm very much interested in what my first couple posts said about my alignment. I hope this has nothing to do with Kary, as the evidence on that is minimal at best.

vitamin i see you on the sidelines. give your opinion on JD-J. does it read TvS, SvS, or TvT to you?
I'm not trying to hide, I'm just thinking lol. Also mad dinner and homework johns.
I never had a scum read on JD, so this is kinda tough. I was suspicious of his run on Ran near the end, especially with the heavy wagonning, but I was as much against Ran as he was, so I wrote it off as nothing.
As for J, Kuz left me no impression of alignment except for heavy buddying with Zen, which you and J are repeating. That makes me uncomfortable. Until I have more reason to think otherwise, though, I'm looking at Scum JD vs Null J.

This just..this bothers me to all hell, it sounds like he's trying his hardest to come up with legitimate reason but just cannot put it to myself to have it, he says he doesn't like inactives but yet he tailors his whole post around them? He even says 'gah, that paragraph said nothing', almost like he's forcing himself to type out the words he's saying.

He doesn't have a real stance in here, and he flops like a fish in all directions.
I didn't have a straight answer to give JD, so I gave him my thought process. I don't see what you mean by tailoring my post around inactives.

@J: I understand that you're already on me anyways, but is there anything specific about JD flipping town that would make me look scum?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey hey I'm back, I'll be getting to all the J questions in turn as soon as I can.

@J: I'm still waiting on you to answer some of my earlier questions however. What didn't you like about me being aggressive, and why did you quote that one post as some kind of self explanatory evidence when it wasn't at all clear what it was supposed to amount to. If I'm going to have this dance, you'll have to keep your end of the footwork too.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nothing specific about JDtown that makes you scum Orangey. My scum-reads this game seem more independent of each other like I am not yet connectiing people until things are more concrete like what I am doing with Kary+You or Kary+Ori_Boat.

People I'm not fine with lynching are: J/Orbo/Vinyl/Soup in that order
Nulls: Serin/Shawty/Aleate
Scummy: Ditzy/Orange/Ori_Boat

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey hey I'm back, I'll be getting to all the J questions in turn as soon as I can.

@J: I'm still waiting on you to answer some of my earlier questions however. What didn't you like about me being aggressive, and why did you quote that one post as some kind of self explanatory evidence when it wasn't at all clear what it was supposed to amount to. If I'm going to have this dance, you'll have to keep your end of the footwork too.
Link me. It takes two to tango. ;)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is what you initially skipped entirely over, and is why I was so upset

J, you're going to have to do way better than this:

If you're going to push a JD scum-case. How does that quote paint me as scummy to you, you did not explain it one bit, just pointed and said "yeah that". You say you didn't like my harsh stance on Aleate, yet you fail to realize I was the only non-IC townie to be truly active the entire game thus far and I had every reason to be dissatisfied with the inactive posting habits of others. You also seem surprised we lynched Ran, did you actually read the part where he claimed to have a town read on Shotty before he had actually posted? Ran was reaching for reads and bouncing all over the place, we had every reason to lynch him. Me and Zen also had every reason to suspect Vinyl on that occasion, Ran would stop with the "Town Town Town" and Vinyl was backing him up in what seemed to be an obvious scum-buddy maneuver.

Let's not forget that GLG wasn't a saint himself before you replaced into his slot, so how about less reaching, and less buddying Orbo, ok J? Let's just nip that off at the bud.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'm very much interested in what my first couple posts said about my alignment. I hope this has nothing to do with Kary, as the evidence on that is minimal at best.
Nah bro nothing about Kary. go read that one pseudo case i posted a few pages back. I'll get it if you really want me to.

I'm not trying to hide, I'm just thinking lol. Also mad dinner and homework johns.
I never had a scum read on JD, so this is kinda tough. I was suspicious of his run on Ran near the end, especially with the heavy wagonning, but I was as much against Ran as he was, so I wrote it off as nothing.
As for J, Kuz left me no impression of alignment except for heavy buddying with Zen, which you and J are repeating. That makes me uncomfortable. Until I have more reason to think otherwise, though, I'm looking at Scum JD vs Null J.
I was asking more so if you thought it was a townie and scum bickering, a townie and a townie, or two different scummies. not necessarily who was which.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ugh J can you seriously not tell me you don't want to vote vitamin today? god his #897 is grimy

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I do wanna vote Vitamin but I only have one vote. If I switch to Orange toDay, I want Ditzy's head toMorrow.

#HBC | ѕoup

I can suffice. I think Orange is the way to go today though, I'm about as confident on the scum-read as you are with Dietz.

#HBC | ѕoup

I just feel like Vitamin is trying his hardest to have town's best interest without actually having it, he seems to alter his play accordingly to what town is doing, and it's genuine at all. Him suddenly implying he's scum Ditz in a matter of this time but yet not ever show any indication of having it is just pure griminess.

The way he acted regarding the pressure, it wasn't anything spectacular but I saw a fine lining in it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How does that quote paint me as scummy to you, you did not explain it one bit, just pointed and said "yeah that".
I never just said "yeah that" or not explain it. I show how you did not really take a stance on Ran and Kary and divided your attention to both wagons that were beginning to form. You give Ran your vote but even then your reasoning is lack-luster. There is also your Kary reasoning which was bull. I don't find your suspicion of either slot to be real, but moreso you are sheeping popular thought which I have shown moreso a thing of your game.

Ditzy said:
You say you didn't like my harsh stance on Aleate, yet you fail to realize I was the only non-IC townie to be truly active the entire game thus far and I had every reason to be dissatisfied with the inactive posting habits of others.
Ditzy, you being a non-IC had nothing to do with what I was saying nor did you really quell the suspicion thrown at you from me.

Ditzy said:
You also seem surprised we lynched Ran, did you actually read the part where he claimed to have a town read on Shotty before he had actually posted? Ran was reaching for reads and bouncing all over the place, we had every reason to lynch him. Me and Zen also had every reason to suspect Vinyl on that occasion, Ran would stop with the "Town Town Town" and Vinyl was backing him up in what seemed to be an obvious scum-buddy maneuver.
I read everything Ran posted and I didn't see anything really scummy with his play that wasn't just normal Ran. Vinyl-Ran = obvbuddies manuever? Uuuhm what, no. Ran was bouncing over the place with reads but how is that any different from sloppy play.

Ditzy said:
Let's not forget that GLG wasn't a saint himself before you replaced into his slot, so how about less reaching, and less buddying Orbo, ok J? Let's just nip that off at the bud.
Really bad call-out by the way, especially considering you got the wrong person. So, what is your real opinion on Soup's slot then if "GLG wasn't a saint himself" so explain.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@Orbo: Nooooope not really. The thing about my Ditzy scum-read is that its his actions alone and not whom he really goes with. His votes have been all over the place and just grah.

However, it seems with nearly everyone posting I can't convince of Ditzy toDay and I have similar feelings for Orange so I'm fine with voting him because I've said my say.

Unvote
Vote: Orange

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I just feel like Vitamin is trying his hardest to have town's best interest without actually having it, he seems to alter his play accordingly to what town is doing, and it's genuine at all. Him suddenly implying he's scum Ditz in a matter of this time but yet not ever show any indication of having it is just pure griminess.

The way he acted regarding the pressure, it wasn't anything spectacular but I saw a fine lining in it.
alright. I dig this.
still feel VC>JD today. obviously wanna let discussion go on for a bit but i think that will be the eventual lynch

#HBC | ѕoup

Vitamin, I want you to use these last moments to tell me everything that's on your mind, don't tailor and don't tell me what you would think I would like to hear, tell me what YOU want me hear.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
These are two good points for why I find Ditzy as scummy. Ditzy in the first paragraph was moreso making it almost CONCRETE as to Ran being lynched. He tries to shut down the other avenues and make it certain that Ran is lynched regardless of others suspicions starting to lean elsewhere. He tries to discredit the fact that he is V/LA as a reason to lynch him? That doesn't fly with me. He uses FUD of having D2 be the same but it doesn't make sense at all. He also tries to use a logical fallacy of generalization of "Literally no one is against Ran's lynch sans Vinyl." The last line of "I'll be straight with all of you" like a sage of knowledge just comes across as fact and trying to be a middle man of "we have to get rid of Ran toDay or the whole game will be screwed." just ick.

Then there is Zen's quote which is something Ditzy has even showed in these last couple of pages with his OMGUS on me. He is very worried how he looks to the rest of town and how "town" he comes across to people. His image to him is very important and so far, anyone who goes against his "town" image he says he has built up, he whiplashes back at them. It feels to be like a scum-knee jerk reaction to very little pressure coming from one slot. Which makes me moreso certain on my scum-read on Ditzy.
I'm afraid Orbo has it right here, if you read closely I had flashbacks of me nearly snagging the ML in SF2 mafia and wasn't about to let Ran wriggle away just to present himself as a giant target of what-if come Day 2. It was going to be resolved that day or we (or at least I) would be sorry and distracted by the elephant in the room.

As far as my "knee-jerk" is concerned, I am concerned. Being mislabeled is the fastest one way ticket to a mislynch, something I was and still am very concerned about ever since Ran flipped town. Frankly I was surprised no one pressured me about it, so it's been building to this moment for awhile.

What the heck....? Ditzy had just said that Ran SHOULD die yesterDay and then when Vinyl starts the Kary wagon and acquires Zen/Ran's vote, Ditzy hops on saying "I was going to wait to fry this goose toMorrow"? Whaaaaaat? No. Nuh-uh. Ditzy is trying to pull a fast one by hopping onto the Kary wagon with the "Oh I had a Kary scum-read too but wanted to wait till Ran got gone" and I don't like it at all.
Yeah Zen asked that too once:

Because wanting Ran first and foremost doesn't occlude me from aiding pressure for someone else scummy. Yes: I wanted Ran's lynch above all else and got it, but I was willing to loan my vote to make Kary that much more pressured and therefore obvious if scum. It's one thing to be voted, but when that guy who's had his vote on one person nearly all game hops to your wagon: it's terrifying. (or at least I 'd hope so)
Me wanting Ran to be the ultimate lynch doesn't stop me from aiding the pressure of another scum target when it presents itself. You're mistaking intent to ultimately lynch Ran no matter what with being unable to vote in any other way for pressure. I was waiting for Ran to flip to accuse Kary, I wanted her vote and her case was touchy at best, something I was going to leave for after flips when we had more info.

Look at these posts please! Listen Zen decided to vote Orange and then he posted his case in which Vinyl/Ori/Ditzy all hop on because his reasoning is good. Zen then asks Ditzy to explain why he dislikes Orange and he gives reasoning. However, when Zen then turns to vote GLG, the next person to post is Ditzy who says that he is hopping off Orange to go to Aleate of all people? He basically voted the person who is acting exactly like GLG. I'm somewhat appalled at his follow the Zen game he has played this game he just has been doing whatever Zen(town's biggest collective town-read) does and its bugging me to all else. His reads come off as shallow due to the way he treats them with his votes and how often he throws it about.

@Ditzy: This is a classic Zen-trick he uses to try and catch people as scum. He has done it to me in the past and it has worked. He had suspicions on you for your Kary vote and decided to test you on whether you would do the same thing you did the last time. You did do the exact same thing.
I think you missed the part where I had my own separate case on Vitamin before Zen even posted.

Also, me working with Zen isn't a secret. I found him to be the most town and did what I could to help him out in whatever efforts he attempted. I didn't always know what he was doing, but as an IC I've got to assume there's a good reason for it: apparently gauging me for following him was one of them. I never blindly followed however, I always had my own point of view wrapped in with my position. As far as when he votes GLG and I vote Alleate, I thought we were letting the pressure off to grill the inactives, so I followed suit. I thought it was best, and still do. My vote on Aleate WAS full of air, it was a pressure read to get him to post; something you admired Vinyl for doing to Serin.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
Okay guys, I'd love to try and defend myself, but I'm screwed on homework right now and I can't keep coming back to this every few minutes. Give me until later tonight or maybe until tomorrow afternoon and I'll get a response out. Until then, I suggest that all the "obvtown" people are given a good look over, there's no probabilistic or logical way they're all town.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
you've got till wednesday-ish in all likelyhood. I wanna hear good content from ori serin and shotty.
get@it though soon.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Orangey should claim and then give us things because it has been like a ping-pong table for his lynch toDay.

Top Bottom