• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
I think you're scum and it's not going to change unless you make a good enough case defending yourself and/or somehow manage to change the topic of discussion to lynch someone else.

@J

The only thing of Shotty I dislike is his random hop-on to Ran which I don't get at all.
Which one was it? Was it the first one where I put him at L-2 and soon retracted my vote or the later one where he was actually lynched?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yes I can finally!

To start things off UNVOTE
- we are clearly out of RVS, so I will get rid of my RVS vote.

After reading through looking at everyone people posted the most about, aka Ran, Vinyl, and Kary, these are my opinions.

Ran
I believe, was trying very hard to get this ball moving. I am against a lot of his stances that he made on people. I also believe it is way to early to try and put a place for each player in this game. I'm leaning towards null-scum on him. I'll have more to comment on his actions with another player soon enough.

Kary
I don't see why everyone was getting on Kary's case.
maybe I missed something in the past few pages, if someone wants to show me post #'s on why Kary is suspicious I'd be grateful.
Kary is definitely leaning as townie in my eyes. But all could change since this is mafia.

Vinyl
This was a tricky one for me, I had to go read through their posts a couple times. For now I'm going to say town, but the way Vinyl has distanced himself from Ran make me think they could be scummates. For now Null-scum

Thats all I got for now, I will be on and off periodically because I have Finals starting Thursday and Final projects due.

I'll be active tonight if anything does go down.

:secretkpop:
Yikes this post by Ori, it has backdoors everywhere with his Kary/Vinyl reads and also his Ran one has one. I don't think there is really a solid read in this post. He also says that Ran/Vinyl are scum-reads but doesn't vote them when his vote is free....? Ori_boat used Confusion on J, it's super effective!

Then his weirdly placed KaryTown read. It doesn't even make sense haha.

You tell me to watch out, but you don't list me as one of the scummiest? Were you just going to have me night killed then?
Just gotta say, this post has a very big/obvious scum-slip...heh...oh well.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
J, you're going to have to do way better than this:

Oooh Kary may be watching how his scum-mate is doing. ;) Haha.

Basically with Ditzy is that I do not like his somewhat over-agressive behaviour in the first leg of the game which seems like he is putting up a facade. He hopped on the two biggest bandwagons at the time Ranmaru/Kary both at the same time but decided to vote Ran>Kary. He also hopped on the thing people were starting to say by labeling Zen as town. His reasons were not even really there and just seemed to be joining the crowd. This post highlights what I am getting at with Ditzy on D1:

So that's why Ditzy is in front of aleate for actual scummy behaviour. I don't like aleate because of (he/she? Heeeelp me haha)'s willingness to do nothing in the beginning of the game and shows no real drive to scum-hunt. They just float. And with me:
If you're going to push a JD scum-case. How does that quote paint me as scummy to you, you did not explain it one bit, just pointed and said "yeah that". You say you didn't like my harsh stance on Aleate, yet you fail to realize I was the only non-IC townie to be truly active the entire game thus far and I had every reason to be dissatisfied with the inactive posting habits of others. You also seem surprised we lynched Ran, did you actually read the part where he claimed to have a town read on Shotty before he had actually posted? Ran was reaching for reads and bouncing all over the place, we had every reason to lynch him. Me and Zen also had every reason to suspect Vinyl on that occasion, Ran would stop with the "Town Town Town" and Vinyl was backing him up in what seemed to be an obvious scum-buddy maneuver.

Let's not forget that GLG wasn't a saint himself before you replaced into his slot, so how about less reaching, and less buddying Orbo, ok J? Let's just nip that off at the bud.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
And I won't take you seriously until you give me some reasons for your suspicion, because you haven't had a scum read on me all game. It looks to me like you're jumping on what J and Orbo are saying instead of thinking for yourself.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
we town bro's this time round then J?
I'm definitely seeing more town actions from vinyl and following his thought process.
his belief in ran town though I think is in his favor. as opposed to being on his wagon, which i think scum would do(unless you're brilliant scum getting protown points for opposing a town lynch, which i don't think is the case here)he didn't wavor in his read and only voted ran to help get a flip for town.
Oh don't you know it Orbo. Can we invite Vinyl in to the brotherhood?

So you two think I'm scum, and that's not going to change. Fantastic. Who else?
Orangey, don't give up. Fight my logic back and try and show me your side of things if you truly are town. Show me where I should be focusing my eyes onto. Even when the goings get tough in mafia games, there is almost always a way to convince people otherwise, but you gotta work for it. :)

@J
Which one was it? Was it the first one where I put him at L-2 and soon retracted my vote or the later one where he was actually lynched?
It was the one where you retracted your vote but I changed my mind on you later in my flurry of posts due to the unvote.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh right, that was Soup who replaced GLG. Well Kuz was a 100% null, but you're going to have to answer to that post especially with how you're sidling up to Orbo right now. It's doesn't feel town, and I don't like it.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@that 623. you say you didn't vote him to get him lynched, but you don't throw a vote on someone without saying to some degree "i'm fine with you dying". you say slight reasoning in that 109 you quoted but then that 209 is just painting ran scummy with others reasoning that didn't defend you at all. it just put explanations for your ran read there. i'm not buying that as a defense of yourself more so as a defense of your reads

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How does it not feel like town if Orbo is also the one doing it as well? We are both semi-buddying due to us having town-reads on each other.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because you're discrediting my contribution while getting in good with Zen's slot replacement. It's a give and take that doesn't go both ways. I fail to see how you have a town read on Zen's slot without a town read on mine.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
J i thank you for posting a catch-up because i cba to read most of this game, I have my own thoughts and I've read bits and pieces though.

What do you think about the Serin slot?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Discrediting your contribution? Its coming up as scummy to me haha sorry? Because I have a town-read on Orbo/Zen and not have one for you is why you have a problem with me? Naaah that ain't gonna fly. If you have been reading, there is a reason why I dislike your contribution>Zen's. It feels to me more like you are trying to follow whatever Zen's slot did at the time and there is also the point of your aggression this game is coming off extremely fake considering things. I've pointed out where as well.

@Soup: Serin is null, I really don't have anything else on him at the moment. Opinion on Ditzy?

#HBC | ѕoup

Because you're discrediting my contribution while getting in good with Zen's slot replacement. It's a give and take that doesn't go both ways. I fail to see how you have a town read on Zen's slot without a town read on mine.
Explain to me how this makes any logical sense and how you should be attributed to a read of someone else?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Discrediting your contribution? Its coming up as scummy to me haha sorry? Because I have a town-read on Orbo/Zen and not have one for you is why you have a problem with me? Naaah that ain't gonna fly. If you have been reading, there is a reason why I dislike your contribution>Zen's. It feels to me more like you are trying to follow whatever Zen's slot did at the time and there is also the point of your aggression this game is coming off extremely fake considering things. I've pointed out where as well.

@Soup: Serin is null, I really don't have anything else on him at the moment. Opinion on Ditzy?
No you didn't, you brought up some vague points and handwaved my request for a thorough explanation. You've done no explaining whatsoever yet.

My aggression is fake? Then what the hell was I trying to accomplish, especially now.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Explain to me how this makes any logical sense and how you should be attributed to a read of someone else?
We worked together on most of the reads and work this game. From Ran, to toDay with Vitamin. We were buddies in our scum-hunting efforts and it wasn't a secret, at least in my mind.

#HBC | ѕoup

I thought Ditzy had a hard justification on Vitamin for small reasoning and merely was sheeping the case Zen already pushed. I didn't understand the hard defense at all and it took me a mini-wall to get him to change his mind.

I don't get the flop, and really I don't understand how Dietz had Vinyl as dumb town, where, and I think you should agree with me, Vinyl. has had lack of anything worth benefit or merit. I dunno how you saw Vinyl. town in one of his posts because I just feel like there is a huge lack of consistency on his part and lack of following up on things.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We worked together on most of the reads and work this game. From Ran, to toDay with Vitamin. We were buddies in our scum-hunting efforts and it wasn't a secret, at least in my mind.
Hypocrite aleeeeeert. What's different between you two and me/orbo? =P

#HBC | ѕoup

Scum can buddy town? town can buddy scum?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@Orbo/Orangey: Was I being vague w.r.t. my Ditzy read thus far in your mind?
not so far in my mind. you've been pretty honest with it since coming in.
Hypocrite aleeeeeert. What's different between you two and me/orbo? =P
oh hellz yes mind synch. In my post to dietz i was literally gonna say "but then wait, you would be a hypocrite."
i don't know if this is exciting or scary :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Soup, I'm not looking at consistency with Vinyl because he is a tad scatterbrained it seems. However, I am looking at his intent and the way he would use his vote for pressure (i.e. his Serin vote) and the way he was not afraid to oppose the Ran wagon when it was booming does strike me as independent town. Definitely over scum.

Vote: Ditzy

I'm leaning here for my vote and I believe this slot deffo deserves some pressure since we have time.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fair enough everyone, but J's reads and stances are coming off as fake to me so far. I still remember how you operated in SF2 when we were scum together.

I'll expect you to fix it shortly.

#HBC | ѕoup

J, you've played with Dietz before, in SFII. In fact, he was your partner. I know meta isn't the greatest thing to go off of, but is there any indicating factor that would decide how you would read Dietz?

nice ninja Dietz, please share?

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, I'm not looking at consistency with Vinyl because he is a tad scatterbrained it seems. However, I am looking at his intent and the way he would use his vote for pressure (i.e. his Serin vote) and the way he was not afraid to oppose the Ran wagon when it was booming does strike me as independent town. Definitely over scum.

Vote: Ditzy

I'm leaning here for my vote and I believe this slot deffo deserves some pressure since we have time.
I thought of it a different way, I thought he was just grasping on anything he could, It didn't seem like it had much purpose and I feel like he just lacks any intention to scumhunt or do anything. I could go out on a limb and say he reminds me from [redacted].

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
See it doesn't even seem like you have an honest scum-read on me with that "I await for you to fix this". Plus the way you try and sugarcoat your statement with a nice little dose of FUD with the SF2 allusion shows that you are grasping at reason to call me scum instead of focusing purely on my actions.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
IIRC J was nonexistant for a chunk of SF and it was mostly gorf :/
dietz left invisible mode? huh.
Soup which way you think we should turn

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
J is a sidler when it comes to being scum. He buddies, and buddies hard, and he's good at it.

Right now I don't think his reads are legitimate, he's not analyzing play: he's giving the opinions that fit his ability to transplant himself into the trusted group of the game fastest. He's posturing for position, not hunting scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

I would think that's fair, give me the effort and show me in detail.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I thought of it a different way, I thought he was just grasping on anything he could, It didn't seem like it had much purpose and I feel like he just lacks any intention to scumhunt or do anything. I could go out on a limb and say he reminds me from [redacted].
I don't see the "lack of intention" it seems we are looking at the same leaf but seeing different colors.

Who would you rather lynch toDay Soup? Orange, Ditzy or Ori_boat?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: J

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
J is a sidler when it comes to being scum. He buddies, and buddies hard, and he's good at it.

Right now I don't think his reads are legitimate, he's not analyzing play: he's giving the opinions that fit his ability to transplant himself into the trusted group of the game fastest. He's posturing for position, not hunting scum.
see what I've heard of J is that he busses hardcore as scum. J wanna confirm (or deny)these statements?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
IIRC J was nonexistant for a chunk of SF and it was mostly gorf :/
dietz left invisible mode? huh.
Soup which way you think we should turn
This is true at the beginning. Gorf did pretty much 89% of the posting. I posted very little and when I did, I was pretending to be Gorf which was the fake agressive stuffs.

I buddy regardless of alignment soooo if you plan to use meta, this isn't it.

I'm not analyzing play? What? I have to with my reads on Vinyl/Orange/You/etc. You are just saying this because I haven't analyzed your play in a way that you like. I am posturing myself and not hunting for scum? No, if I was doing that I would just vote Orange and ride that out. I'd rather focus on my scum-reads.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I do bus>buddy my scum-mates that is a truer statement. I'm pretty sure Soup can back that one up.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not analyzing play? What? I have to with my reads on Vinyl/Orange/You/etc. You are just saying this because I haven't analyzed your play in a way that you like. I am posturing myself and not hunting for scum? No, if I was doing that I would just vote Orange and ride that out. I'd rather focus on my scum-reads.
Alright, I know how to resolve this. You go back and answer the critical questions and elaborate on the reasoning for your read so I don't feel like it's un-based maneuvering. I'm going to take some some deep breaths and try not to continue being furious that I feel like I did the most work in the game so far and am getting a scum read for my trouble.

Top Bottom