• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh sweet, he must have given us a deadline extension for J joining. It was 4/30 for the deadline in the post count before.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Vitamin: The second member of the Fire Mafia hopefully. Beyond that it'd just be giving out information that could help mafia make NK decisions.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
VC who should we look at if you flip town?
As for who to vote, I'd look over at Vinyl or an inactive, or maybe even someone who's really been directing the town, i.e. JD or Zen/Orbo.
This.

ai VC these are all people I'm looking at. you just seem the most scumtastic at the moment. I will look at everyone outside of my slot
I hate this. So much. And most of you are doing it. I'd like you to tell me why you think I'm scummy. You're just echoing the rest of the town. You haven't given any kind of read on me, or anyone else for that matter.

JD - how would saying who might be scum help scum? If they kill each other, that benefits town.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
JD - how would saying who might be scum help scum? If they kill each other, that benefits town.
It's not about who's scum, it's about who's not scum and who it would be in mafia's interest to kill as town or leave alive as suspicious for us to squabble over.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
It's not about who's scum, it's about who's not scum and who it would be in mafia's interest to kill as town or leave alive as suspicious for us to squabble over.
scum already know's who isn't in their faction and withholding your info like this(unless it's a cop result or something[which we don't have here])just doesn't help town. keepinjg your reads to yourself just doesn't help us if you end up NK'd

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
scum already know's who isn't in their faction and withholding your info like this(unless it's a cop result or something[which we don't have here])just doesn't help town. keepinjg your reads to yourself just doesn't help us if you end up NK'd
What part of two scum factions is confusing to you?

And once again: it's not about who is scum, it's about who isn't and would make a good target for a night kill. Dying is a risk I'm willing to take for the hopes of a more misguided nightkill.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
aight J.
@JD-scum knows who is on their faction. they know who not to kill, so they merely have to decide who the best remaining option left is. they don't need the other scum alive, because they aren't aligned with them. I don't get why that isn't occuring to you. that said, there's a possibility of two kills occuring tonight and you have a chance to be one of them. Unless you're tryin to be scummy enough to dodge the kill I don't getwhy you won't answer a simple " who to look at in X scenario" question.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's ok Orbo, I know what you're concerned with and why it makes sense to you in normal circumstances, you're just not grasping what I'm hoping will happen from not saying anything.

However me telling you what I will look for upon flips right now versus tomorrow does nothing for town, but gives scum extra information they can use during this night phase. I'm willing to let my opinions be silent should I be killed rather than give them opportunities.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I think I get what you're concerned with( ie a NK on someone you find scummy to incriminate you or something of that ilk) and I'll let it sit for now.
Doc if you're reading this get JD through the night or WIFOM to a target of your choice.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
ay vitamin C you wanna make a case on why we shouldn't lynch you with the extra time we have?

@modRequest deadline be put in thread title from now on to avoid hecticness like earlier.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
I've made a mini-case already, I don't have much else to say. I think there are much better alternatives, and frankly, I don't think there's enough evidence to say I'm scum. Zen gave some reasons, I responded, and he got off me and moved to someone else. If you're going get on my back, give me some proof of your own. I don't want to hear "later" or "soon", and I want you to stop implying I'm scum without giving one iota of evidence. You may be putting everyone against me, but in the end, it'll only hurt yourself when you look the most suspicious of anyone.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'm literally doing the casework as we speak. You can refer me to the post number of the defense right? I remember you responding to questions of others earlier today but I didn't consider that a defense, mainly chainsawing me and others who were attackign you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sooo far here are my thoughts as I'm reading:

I don't like Orange and I don't care for Aleate.
Zen's slot is town like even just from reading basic things in the beginning, however, hopefully it will develop more. Liking Vinyl a bit. Not caring for Ditzy either, more of a scum-lean than Aleate atm.

Random note: I freaking love playing with Ori_bro he is by far one of my fav new people in DGames. Idk, whenever he is in I just wanna have him as town so he can play more but no read thus far on him/Soup's slot/Shotty atm.

Still trying to figure out how in the world a Ran lynch went through when he was obv-town. I mean really obv-town. *no hind-sight bias haha, this is from my notes when I was actually paying attention to this game when I was put on deck for replacing Kuzi*

Orboknown

Smash Hero
thanks for the tabs J(i'm kind of disappointed we didn't get a wall). that said, if we don't go vitamin(for hypotheticals sake) where would we go? aleate or an inactive?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ooooh those are just my reads as I'm reading, not my actual catch-up post. xD

For me it goes: Orange>Ditzy>Aleate

Orboknown

Smash Hero
aight. what puts JD in front of aleate?( in so far as lynch order atm.) I'm picking your brains since we both seem to be here . ori chime in with some reads as I see you viewing?
I know you want Vitamin gone but who else do you look at?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oooh Kary may be watching how his scum-mate is doing. ;) Haha.

Basically with Ditzy is that I do not like his somewhat over-agressive behaviour in the first leg of the game which seems like he is putting up a facade. He hopped on the two biggest bandwagons at the time Ranmaru/Kary both at the same time but decided to vote Ran>Kary. He also hopped on the thing people were starting to say by labeling Zen as town. His reasons were not even really there and just seemed to be joining the crowd. This post highlights what I am getting at with Ditzy on D1:

Ditzy said:
That's an awfully funny first thought considering your MO is random questioning.

Vote: Ranmaru

FoS: Kary Lemonparty

You're far too eager to get people to join your Shotty wagon for it to be RVS

@Ran: Voting for myself seemed like the funny thing to do after claiming first and being ninja'd.
So that's why Ditzy is in front of aleate for actual scummy behaviour. I don't like aleate because of (he/she? Heeeelp me haha)'s willingness to do nothing in the beginning of the game and shows no real drive to scum-hunt. They just float. And with me:

*looks at Soup to see if he will get this reference unless it was Gorf*

Floaters, grab a life-vest.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
alright. I can def. see that. I've seen points of him being scummy(above wrt the info thing) but just saw overall town moreso than scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Found the right gif haha.

And Ew, bring Ori/Serin/Shotty down a bit but I gotta figure this out because I dislike them but if I had to choose I'd probably choose Serin for being more towny then the other two. Ori seems content to just be like a pretend IC with his past knowledge and isn't contributing to discussion but moreso just correcting mechanics. It looks like he is trying to have content when he has none. The only thing of Shotty I dislike is his random hop-on to Ran which I don't get at all. Serin just seems non-chalant but I don't like his consistency of just not really caring/asking others for if he has things right or not.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Changing some things really quick:

Orangey>Ori_boat/Ditzy>Shotty/Aleate

Kay, I'm content with that for now.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
J - I'm not the first to say I don't want to get lynched. Of course not. But really, L-2 and a frenzied town doesn't leave me much room to maneuver. Personally, I don't think I should be voted for because I'm active (minus V/LA). I bring content to the table. If we're not sure who is scum and who isn't, should we risk someone who plays, or someone who sits and watches?
For reference, this is what I said earlier to the same question J asked.
Do you mean my response to Zen? That's #623.

I'm literally doing the casework as we speak. You can refer me to the post number of the defense right? I remember you responding to questions of others earlier today but I didn't consider that a defense, mainly chainsawing me and others who were attackign you.
Ah, I see. Asking others why they're on my wagon when they've given me no clear reasoning is the same as attacking them.
No. Just no. Once again, all you're doing is insinuating that I'm scum without any clear thought involved. Just give me your case and be done with it.

@J: Why don't you like me? That hurts my feelings. );

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The only reason I have for Kary leaning scum is his attempt to start a wagon so early. It seems as though he's already trying to move attention to someone other than him and get the town on his side. Although as I write this post, I realise it's not really any kind of scumtell. But meh. My suspicion remains.
"he's scum for building pressure on someone". that's just a lovely nonacceptable thing. even though kary flipped scum, this in no way makes your answer more legit.
I was under the impression you were scum.
yet you never provided mroe reasoning than this? you slipped onto the wagon zen built and lynched a townie.
Oh hello.

I think you are all thinking too hard... especially at this point in the stage. JDietz voting for himself shouldn't be taken seriously... there's too many possible motives for it so just ignore it imo. I don't see what's wrong with random voting right now seeing as how nobody has anything on anybody.
just wanted to say JD voted himself to be a funny guy after voting the MOD in RVS. i laughed btw.
Oh oops. <3

Bet Serin's town. He doesn't get his "rush" if he's not scum.
I can etstify serin has said this. it was in the newbie queue.
I may not have given you said reason, but I had it. Whether or not it took me more posts from you to flesh out my read does not affect my alignment.
this is GROSS. "I have 'reasoning' but you don't get to know what it is. ." that gives ran no opportunity to defend himself from your "accusations".
I voted for you because I thought you were scum.
scumread that was never explained.
That was my reasoning, which was expanded upon later.
say what? I never saw reasoning other than "woot he is scum lynchlynchlynch".
It started out as a gut reaction to your posts, and moved on to having evidence and clear points associated with it.
-there was evidence i never gave.
-associated points never explained by me
I have yet to make any true claims as to who the potential scums are. Like I posted originally, "Woo RVS"
:phone:
just wanna say you were well past RVS when you posted this. you would have had plenty of time to make a read of some sort but hadn't. step it up aight?

For the lurking, he's being more of a judge than an attorney.

lul whut?

Fingers too quick? Did he actually read everything?

There are enough reasons on who scum and why and he's saying you and rest are pointing fingers too quick?
We don't want opinions for on each page, we want reasons and proof.

Going, "Oh, this dude is clearly scum" does not cut it.
...I have to agree here. dark red is me btw.
thats through page six, 40 ppp

Orboknown

Smash Hero
For reference, this is what I said earlier to the same question J asked.
Do you mean my response to Zen? That's #623.

Ah, I see. Asking others why they're on my wagon when they've given me no clear reasoning is the same as attacking them.
No. Just no. Once again, all you're doing is insinuating that I'm scum without any clear thought involved. Just give me your case and be done with it.

I will read that as we speak.

actually, you listed me and JD at the least as people to look into. that's pretty OMGUS of you.
oi get that AtE shiz out of here.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sorry Orange! D= It's just that I have you as my biggest scum-read right now. Lemme explain though. I am finding it much more likely that you were Kary's partner. I find that whenever I saw Kary post in the thread and also have an opinion on something, you were pretty much just backing up whatever he said. Case in point would be the Ran suspicion that Kary had started, you followed him with a little bit of info but it was just tacked on. You didn't try and delve into the read much on your own grounds unless someone called you on it, in which you would just attack them till they left you alone. (i.e. You vs. Ranmaru)

You also had a somewhat random FoS on Shotty *which I keep saying as Shawty* before anything could be substantiated to have one. I don't get the point of you doing as such because you seem to have been reaching for a reason to call Shawty scum.

Your posts don't ring with town-intent>scum-intent because you seem more curious about reaching a lynch and not actually about lynching scum whereas it seems you are just looking for a wagon that isn't yourself until recently (it seems with the posts on these last two pages) you have somewhat given up.

Speaking of which, kept reading, Shawty can be towny>scummy so its just Aleate in that one category. Also just got to the part of Aleate posting that Sailor moon post. Seems Aleate may be more useless>scummy however, need more concrete things and it makes me dislike Ditzy more for somewhat gauging Aleate in a negative way/scummy connotation for that post

Vinyl has also reached Zen/Orbo level of town in my book so yay for him. His reads are lining up with mine so far and I don't see anything scummy with him really.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Orbo quoted the post that made me believe Vinyl leans town>scum almost to a huge degree. *The one about Serin being judge instead of attorney*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I assume Vinyl voted me to encourage me to post more.

Nothing wrong with that. Truth be told, I'm just being lazy, and being a little busy with other things, so finding time to read everything and formulate an opinion on who to build a case against is slightly hard for me.

I'm still down to play the game though. It just takes a minute for me to really get into a game.
There we go.

Unvote

And be sure who you find most scum-worthy. Do not pay attention to anyone but the person you think as scum.
Vinyl is sooooooooooooooooooooooo uber town like goodness get dem shades out. He is actually doing things this game and he just shines. 8)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I just wanna say vinyl is playing way different here than the previous newbie where he was scummates with me. he's much more town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: Vynl.

There is no way you should have this assumption of Ran being town. Why are you so certain of this?
HoS: Vinyl

(if Ran wasn't the lynch, you would be in a heartbeat)

You're not really waiting for him to respond right now... There's been plenty you can comment on to either generate a town or scum read without waiting for his next attempt.
Look at this chain of events, these happened side by side and definitely was not a ninja of any-sort. Terrible vote from Zen's slot because he is purely basing it off his own read of Ran and what Vinyl said was so true whereas people were thinking way too hard into RanScum. Ditzy decided to give Vinyl a HoS based on that statement which is just a piggyback of Zen's vote. He doesn't give much reasoning as to why and I dislike a lot the "you would be dead in a hearbeat if we weren't lynching Ran." because its such a hollow statement and also shows to have gusto because Zen is voting Vinyl right now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I just wanna say vinyl is playing way different here than the previous newbie where he was scummates with me. he's much more town.
Maaaaan, you getting in on my thought process and stealing what I'm about to say. Considering I was the main reason we decided to lynch Vinyl in Newbie 16, his attitude is like a polar opposite from how he acts in this game.

IC Note:

However remember guys, meta should only be the sprinkles on top of the icing/cupcake. Try to use more substantial things for why you suspect people and also what you try and base your case on. Meta is also a flexible thing. Haha, use meta too much and you will become burned by it.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
we town bro's this time round then J?
I'm definitely seeing more town actions from vinyl and following his thought process.
his belief in ran town though I think is in his favor. as opposed to being on his wagon, which i think scum would do(unless you're brilliant scum getting protown points for opposing a town lynch, which i don't think is the case here)he didn't wavor in his read and only voted ran to help get a flip for town.

Top Bottom