• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I don't see the "lack of intention" it seems we are looking at the same leaf but seeing different colors.

Who would you rather lynch toDay Soup? Orange, Ditzy or Ori_boat?
Vitamin is the most solid I've got, I don't know if it's just the way he posts but all of them feel like they are trying too hard to be towny if you get what I mean. They almost seem forced, could provide examples if you want.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
JD while he is doing that(which he already sort of has tbh imo) would you give a bulletpoint of why you feel jscum and give some references of it?
soup a couple examples would be great and i def feel ya

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vitamin is the most solid I've got, I don't know if it's just the way he posts but all of them feel like they are trying too hard to be towny if you get what I mean. They almost seem forced, could provide examples if you want.
Noooo you are more than fine Soup because I get exactly what you mean with his posts. Its probably the vibe I am getting from him and I cannot help but connect him to Kary this game. It is something that I feel he is more likely Fire>Ice but the fact of him being Ice is still in there with his own actions.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, you've played with Dietz before, in SFII. In fact, he was your partner. I know meta isn't the greatest thing to go off of, but is there any indicating factor that would decide how you would read Dietz?

nice ninja Dietz, please share?
Orbo said:
what makes you give the Fire>ice statement J?
I said I feel he is more connected with Kary and Kary iirc flipped Fire mafia. I'm cited some examples of where I feel Vitamin was just doing whatever Kary did at the time and also didn't really comment on the Kary suspicion too too much and moreso focused on Ran.

Another person I can see with Kary is Ori_bro for his weird town-read on Kary combined with his hesitant/trying to being helpful>scum-hunting makes Ori a good place-holder for a scum-read.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
JD while he is doing that(which he already sort of has tbh imo) would you give a bulletpoint of why you feel jscum and give some references of it?
soup a couple examples would be great and i def feel ya
It's mostly vibe right now, I don't feel like he's coming into this sincerely until he explains himself way more than simply listing his feelings and making a quote on me that I feel is a good example for how I'm town, not how I'm scum. Especially with regards to his read on me and his read on Vinyl since he has him as town before Ran even flips iirc. I'm afraid he's wresting thread control for the forces of evil attempting to hard buddy you as well.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EBWOP: Craaaap, forgot to post to Soup.

I'm sorry to say I don't have much meta on Ditzy because I didn't really play that game but basically all I recall is that he is good at faking new-town though since he has a few games under his belt, it could all have changed.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Gah, I don't know how to feel about inactives. I'm more for replacing them than killing them off. I hate the idea of killing someone we know nothing about over someone people have discussed for pages, but in circumstances like this game, where two people have already dropped out, replacing even more people would just escalate the confusion and inactivity.

[b\Alright, that paragraph said nothing. My problem is that I don't have a scum read on Vinyl (I'll go over that again when I have the chance, though), and I don't want a mislynch again. But in the objective comparison of whose lynch would give us more to work with, I'd say Vinyl wins, and should be the play today over Serin. I'm not trying to say I'm specifically looking a Vinyl lynch, though, but my choices seem limited.
This just..this bothers me to all hell, it sounds like he's trying his hardest to come up with legitimate reason but just cannot put it to myself to have it, he says he doesn't like inactives but yet he tailors his whole post around them? He even says 'gah, that paragraph said nothing', almost like he's forcing himself to type out the words he's saying.

He doesn't have a real stance in here, and he flops like a fish in all directions.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I said I feel he is more connected with Kary and Kary iirc flipped Fire mafia. I'm cited some examples of where I feel Vitamin was just doing whatever Kary did at the time and also didn't really comment on the Kary suspicion too too much and moreso focused on Ran.

Another person I can see with Kary is Ori_bro for his weird town-read on Kary combined with his hesitant/trying to being helpful>scum-hunting makes Ori a good place-holder for a scum-read.
kary confirmed himself fire maf yea.
Kary and VC did have some back and forth with questioning in early game stuff like "do you think it is ok to wagon now" etc etc.

@JD-thread control? eh i'm not feeling your lynch thus far. Jhas some decent points but i just see it slightly different.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
thanks for the example soup. that's good for now.

Vinyl you've been viewing for a while. where's your head at bro?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol... oh that game was fun. Sadly I haven't gotten scum again to test out how I would do now that I have a little bit of experience. I think I've done ok as town so far though (but I really want you to tell me why you feel my aggression is misplaced/"faked" since I'm legitimately trying to find a scum-hunting route here)

@J: I'm going to go get dinner since no doubt my blood sugar is way down, I'm willing to look past this as me being hungry and paranoid about the way you came in, but for that to happen I'm going to need you to back up most of your reads and flesh out the explanation of your feelings towards me. I'll be back to sort it out later.

Unvote

Orboknown

Smash Hero
opinion on JD-J. who you want to lynch? iirc you were leaidng a VC wagon day one before latching to ran to get a lynch through.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright people: I want to make this perfectly clear:

We will be lynching Ran. Not now, but when we're satisfied that D1 has ended. Suddenly going on V/LA for the entire rest of the day phase while not answering any of the immediate questions as to his actions when he does is not an excuse to leave him alive, or even something we should consider as a valid response. It only leaves us with questions and frustration D2. We won't have learned as much from anyone else's lynch, period. We'd just have to play the "Ran for today maybe?" game all over again Day 2. Literally no one but Vinyl is against a Ran lynch based on his play alone rather than V/LA johns. I'll be straight with all of you: Keeping Ran alive would be what scum would most want right now to leave town debating his issue for another day rather than finding the rest of scum.
Zen said:
Not sure why you're concerned with this. Your image that is.
These are two good points for why I find Ditzy as scummy. Ditzy in the first paragraph was moreso making it almost CONCRETE as to Ran being lynched. He tries to shut down the other avenues and make it certain that Ran is lynched regardless of others suspicions starting to lean elsewhere. He tries to discredit the fact that he is V/LA as a reason to lynch him? That doesn't fly with me. He uses FUD of having D2 be the same but it doesn't make sense at all. He also tries to use a logical fallacy of generalization of "Literally no one is against Ran's lynch sans Vinyl." The last line of "I'll be straight with all of you" like a sage of knowledge just comes across as fact and trying to be a middle man of "we have to get rid of Ran toDay or the whole game will be screwed." just ick.

Then there is Zen's quote which is something Ditzy has even showed in these last couple of pages with his OMGUS on me. He is very worried how he looks to the rest of town and how "town" he comes across to people. His image to him is very important and so far, anyone who goes against his "town" image he says he has built up, he whiplashes back at them. It feels to be like a scum-knee jerk reaction to very little pressure coming from one slot. Which makes me moreso certain on my scum-read on Ditzy.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
second one is pretty damning and something i don't think JD ever answered to be honest.
first quote, idk. swiss and ryker did the same thing in SF to keep people on JD where they might have left other avenues to persue other people(likeRR) after JD started to look nmore newb town.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
all i'm saying is he saw it used there to good effect and thought to use it there.
vinyl get at those questions of mine plz n thank you

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Couldn't he use that play to mold it into his scum-play? Hypotheticals Orbo get ya in trouble sometimes.

IC Note:

FUD = Fear-Uncertainty-Doubt. If you would like me to, I can go into this term a bit more but it is really self-explanatory.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I have a strong interest on lynching VC. Most of his reasons are just not even.

And I wasn't exactly leading a wagon, I was planning on a wagon.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I have a strong interest on lynching VC. Most of his reasons are just not even.

And I wasn't exactly leading a wagon, I was planning on a wagon.
bolded say wut? what is this strong interest?
you got the VC wagon running is what i meant to say iirc

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Wait, a wagon running on day one?

And that strong interest is came up when I read zen's reason on why he voted vitamin.
I had to ask because he randomly votes one to another.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: Kary
I was going to wait and fry this goose toMorrow, but since everyone's finally game to discuss now works too :p
What the heck....? Ditzy had just said that Ran SHOULD die yesterDay and then when Vinyl starts the Kary wagon and acquires Zen/Ran's vote, Ditzy hops on saying "I was going to wait to fry this goose toMorrow"? Whaaaaaat? No. Nuh-uh. Ditzy is trying to pull a fast one by hopping onto the Kary wagon with the "Oh I had a Kary scum-read too but wanted to wait till Ran got gone" and I don't like it at all.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
yes. a wagon is any train of votes that grows on a person.

why is zen's reason on vitamin that interesting to you.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
J i got that since they were backing off of ran for the moment he was pursuing a secondary read.. either i just interpret him differently than you or you just have better reads. idk which.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The childish part of me wants to say because I am better. :bee:

The logical part says we may see things differently.

*ninja*

Well thanks Vinyl. o_o

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Better reads.
aye get answering me vinyl.-.
J i'll see where you go and if we manage tio get JD to a lynchable position where VC isn't i'll seal it for you.
then VC tomorrow and I told soup i would look into vinyl specifically.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well to get JD to a viable lynch option, I need votes and I see you have one there in your hand. ;)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I still don't agree with his lynch atm.

vinyl you make me question me town lean on you when you post fluff like that instead of answering my questions

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So yeah, why it interests me?

Take a look at @ bold.

He stuck to his early "reasoning" on Ranmaru the entire day. I didn't say much about it at the time because I wanted to keep the pressure on Ranmaru, but his logic didn't make any sense at all.

Post#1: Yes he did. As shown above. Ran questions him on this and Vitamin cannot come up with new reasoning as shown in post#3. He simply states he thought he was scum, but he doesn't give a reason at all and he never actually answer this. This third post is probably the scummiest response I have seen all game.
These reasons made me think the same thing in the first place, before he stated this. His other evaluations gained more interest for me to vote him and keep it like that.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
alright, I'll buy that as ithas me as well.
I had vitamin scumread by page six lol. he has done much better since i have been posting tbh

Top Bottom