• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Each of you on the Vitamin wagon I'd like for you to explain which parts of the case you agree with/why it makes him scummy in your own words.
To be quite honest, I am joining the wagon right now. The way you presented your case on him was simply phenomenal and it was what made me change my mind from a Vinyl lynch to Vitamin.
I still give you major props for your invested time on Vitamin good stuff

I'm still going to be re reading more since my time is now truly available.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Where is OS's Armageddon button when you need it...

Vote: Shotty

I saw you here for awhile after Zen asked you for reads... but you clearly had no intention of coming back. (plus the only thing you could comment on is my Ice mafia inactivity joke? C'mon man... we had a whole Vitamin debate to discuss)

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
mmkay, sorry about the inactivity, I'll get that reads list up in a bit. I've had approximately zero free time the last 4-5 days, hence the inactivity.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
EBWOP: 2 pressure votes? wut.

Anywho, here y'all go.

Null: Kuz, GLG, Serin - Haven't heard much of anything from these guys.

Jdietz - Undecided. He does seem shifty but so did Ran, and Ran was a hell of a lot more suspicious than Jdietz is, but you can never be too sure. I'll see if I can formulate a better opinion on him when I read through the thread again later.

Zen - Leaning towards town; his reasoning all seems legitimate and I really have nothing to back up a scum read. Only thing I don't like is the "Vote: X, reasoning comes later" as if you're trying to get away with not posting reasons unless someone specifically asks. On the other hand, you always do follow through with posting reasoning, so it could be tossed either way.

Vitamin - Is there anyone who doesn't think he's scum? The whole debate against him was rather incriminating.

Ori, Aleate - Smells like vanilla to me. I have no reason to suspect these guise of being scum.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
Damn it, missed Vinyl.

I feel that he's scummy because his arguments aren't that well-backed-up, but my read against Vitamin is stronger.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vitamin - Is there anyone who doesn't think he's scum? The whole debate against him was rather incriminating.
Damn it, missed Vinyl.

I feel that he's scummy because his arguments aren't that well-backed-up, but my read against Vitamin is stronger.
No, there are some who think he might not be scum. Elaborate on your read and reasoning, just speculating it's popular opinion won't cut it.

Why is you read on Vitamin stronger, and what is that read.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Seeking replacements for Kuz/GLG.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Deadline 4/30, 11:59 PM EST

Vinyl. [1] Aleate
Aleate [0]
Ori_bro [0]
o-Serin-o [0]
GLG [0]
VitaminC [2] Vinyl, Ori_bro
Shottymaster [2] Jdietz, Zen
Jdietz [0]
Zen [0]
th3kuzinator [0]

Not voting: o-Serin-o, GLG, Shottymaster., th3kuzinator, VitaminC

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Seeking replacements for Kuz/GLG.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Deadline 4/30, 11:59 PM EST

Vinyl. [1] Aleate
Aleate [0]
Ori_bro [0]
o-Serin-o [0]
GLG [0]
VitaminC [2] Vinyl, Ori_bro
Shottymaster [2] Jdietz, Zen
Jdietz [0]
Zen [0]
th3kuzinator [0]

Not voting: o-Serin-o, GLG, Shottymaster., th3kuzinator, VitaminC
Hrmmery

Aleate, why are you voting Vinyl.?

#HBC | ѕoup

Zen I didn't even read your case but #601 from Vitamin is grimy as ****

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh, I didn't realize there were two factions of Scum as well. I thought it meant two had different abilities from the other two.

Vote: Vinyl.

Vinyl voted Kary initially, but after a bunch of arguments and more of us getting suspicious of him I think he decided to tone it down and afterwards he just followed the bandwagon and voted Ran off.
I'll give you one thing, and that's Vinyl's. posting habits are a bit of a curious case for me.

You know what, I looked at Vinyl and I'm gonna join you

#HBC | ѕoup

Vinyl. could you tell me how early game you posted a hard stance on VitaminC yet completely dodged the thought immediately? I don't even think (from my quick ISO skim) I saw anything productive regarding it. Did it drop? Did you have a change of mind? Why are you clinging to Zen's reasoning now and how does it suffice with your initial ones?

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: I skimmed a bit more and i saw [url="http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14330472&postcount=132]this post[/url] but it's not concsusive to anything, adn your FoS on Vitamin was initially early, surely you had a reason to back down from your statement.

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay Zen pretend I'm an IC (I didn't get the slot because someone else is replacing into it :urg:) and talk to me about Vinyl. a bit more, I need someone to bounce ideas off of

#HBC | ѕoup

Zen what do you think about the relationship between Serin and Vinyl.?

#HBC | ѕoup

Yeah that's about all I want right now Zen get back to me peace

Axel

J|Zεη
You just said my name about 6 times @__@

-Ran played scummychummy all day one so most of the focus was on him.
-Your slot was weird. glg made random town reads/suspicions and never backed them up. One interaction that was odd was his interaction with Kary. Scumbudtastic.
-Vinyl. is scummy. But Vinyl. is also Vinyl. I don't know how to read him really because I assume that he is just a scummy person. Though based on meta I'd say he is playing differently than I have seen him as town. I'd be good with his lynch today.
-His interaction with Serin is strange. He called him out for no reason ans then jumped to ask me why I had voted him once before. But he's done this with other people too.
-Serin & Kuz have been non-existent. Sailormoon and Shotty haven't posted much either.
-Willing to lynch Vinyl or an inactive. Serin that is.

#HBC | ѕoup

-His interaction with Serin is strange. He called him out for no reason ans then jumped to ask me why I had voted him once before. But he's done this with other people too.
I've noticed a suspicious pattern of it, it really caught my eye and I feel like he isn't being consistent with anything, as I skimmed everything he's done feels like it doesn't have sort of meaning to it, almost like he's just coasting idly without a clue of what he is doing. I agree with you, it's hard to read Vinyl. on just either him being Vinyl. or him being scum, I think some pressure on this slot is well over-due and I'm surprised you've let him play like this.

I admit his meta is partially different, but I'm pretty sure Vinyl. would pick up on some slack comparative to his last scum he was scum, even then the effort is small.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't see much else being done until Vinyl. explains things, and I'm probably not going to do anything until he does.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ah yes, here I am, in the flesh. Do you have any questions for me? What do you think about Vinyl.

actually yeah new topic let's talk about Vinyl.

everyone give me your read on vinyl. plz thx

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
You could tell us why
It just seemed too dumb to try and wagon people against someone in RVS, especially the way he did it. He seemed to have a handful of people picked out prior to even saying anything. Probably just a really dumb noob mistake.

#HBC | ѕoup

No I meant why Kary flipping scum was interesting, give something with more meat.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Shotty: Don't ignore my questions. You're here so let's hear it.

@Soup: Vinyl extremely dumb town, you're probably wasting your time on him. The only reason I could see him as scum was his Ran connection and Ran flipped town. Why do you see him as scum, give specifics.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
No I meant why Kary flipping scum was interesting, give something with more meat.
I was simply musing aloud. His posts towards the beginning of the game were rather suspicious, which is what I found interesting, especially knowing in hindsight that he's scum. If you go and read the first few pages of the game, after he starts the wagon against me, he consistently tries to make sure he doesn't seem suspicious for starting a wagon in RVS:

@VitaminC: Sorry about the flurry of questions, but:
Do you think it's too early to be starting a waggon?
How serious do you think I am about the Shotty waggon?
How do you feel about me joining you in voting for Ranmaru?

Cheers
And in hindsight this is such strong proof of being blatant scum it's almost funny.

Hey all,

Kind of gutted that I'm not in the fire mafia; oh well.
Fortunately for him it got passed off as small talk and nobody pressured him over it.

I just found it interesting that he dropped some obvious evidence early on and we just ignored it as small talk and noob questions. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but if it was then props to him.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
Why not. What have they done to prove themselves to you?
What have they done to arouse suspicion? Sure, their activity is less than optimal, but what they have posted seems legit to me. There's no reason yet for me to believe that they're scum. If you disagree with me, prove to me that they're scum.

Here's part of it. Rest coming in a few minutes.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
No, there are some who think he might not be scum. Elaborate on your read and reasoning, just speculating it's popular opinion won't cut it.

Why is you read on Vitamin stronger, and what is that read.
I had bad feelings about the way Kary was posting towards me from the beginning, but I wrote it off as how he acted. Looking back at those posts, it feels like he was trying to buddy with me. I reacted normally, and I don't see how this immediately incriminates me. The thing is, you haven't called out anything about me; you've only talked about Kary. This doesn't imply we're scumbuddies, I feel that it says he was trying to align himself with me to stay on my good side (and possibly take me down with him if he were to be killed).

Bolded: I'll stick this out here right now - I was on Ranmaru before Zen stated any reasoning, or even voted for him, and quite a bit before your attack on him. I didn't jump on anyone's wagon.
I'll admit my posts were unclear at that point in the game. I did my best to clarify my reasons as time went on.
He tries to slip out of the blame right here by pushing everything off onto his possible dea scum buddy.

1. "I had bad feeling about him", but he didn't do much about it.

2. " I was on Ranmaru before Zen stated any reasoning" - Implies that he's either trying to use his RVS vote to bolster his argument or says that he had a read on Ran before there was enough evidence to say anything. Either one is suspicious, especially at this point in the game.

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
EBWOP: dead*

He also admits that his arguments were backed up poorly. I'm not sure whether to see this as more of the same thing or as him trying to make amends for his bad arguments earlier, but with the context of his post everything he says without clear pertinence to the specific argument at hand seems suspicious.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, good. You hadn't contributed for awhile and it was making me wary.

So far I'm willing to lose Vitamin but torn on whether he's actually scum, an inactive, or maybe even Soup since GLG was doing weird things and I can't get a handle on Soup's current activity just yet. I'd begrudgingly accept Vinyl, but I have the opinion he's just awful town.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
That last paragraph wasn't very clear lol...

What I meant was, I'm open to the possibilities right now. I'm torn whether Vitamin is scum, but wouldn't mind him being the play today. I'd also be ok with an inactive being lynched (Serin or Aleate). I'm not sure what Soup is on right now but he's bouncing off the walls, so yet to be seen. Vinyl will do as a last resort, but I think he's town despite being useless.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
J replaces th3kuzinator immediately! Deadline has been extended by 48 hours to May 2nd at 11:59 PM EST.

#HBC | ѕoup

[quote@Soup: Vinyl extremely dumb town, you're probably wasting your time on him. The only reason I could see him as scum was his Ran connection and Ran flipped town. Why do you see him as scum, give specifics.[/quote]

Excuse me? What has he even done to be townie?

It's not about what he's done, it's about what he hasn't done, he's inconsistent and he has so many holes in his play that it doesn't a make a bit of sense. I'm going to give him a last effort to explain his actions otherwise I don't really see my vote changing.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I'm honoring the dead Ran's read of... and I quote: "Town Town Town" a little.

Don't get me wrong: he's dumb and hasn't helped one iota, but he's just facepalm worthy rather than lynch worthy in my book. He tried in his own way, which is more than I can say about the inactives.

Top Bottom