• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 15 - Betty Crocker Mafia - Game Over!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Terywj (1) MM
2. Sokr ()
3. Serin (2) Ori, Sokr,
4. John2k4 ()
5. asianaussie (1) John
6. Ori_Bro ()
7. Matathonmann ()
8. Gheb ()
9. Sold2 ()

Not voting - Gheb, AA, Tery, S2, Serin

With 9 playing, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is November 17th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Spoilers? So does this mean you expect Serin to be lynched? Awfully weird wordin', partner.
So I'm guessing you're looking for me to lynched later on in the game?

Watch your wordings.

:phone:

The way Terry worded his sentence, I was under the impression he wanted me to list of who I have suspicions of. Hence why I said "no spoilers."

I don't expect Serin to get lynched, even though I'd like to see it happen. Serin happens to be someone I have under my FoS, and is the one I decided I would vote for during this RVS.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Alrighty.

So John, you're still voting Asianaussie and have done minimal (if any) communication. Why is that?

asianaussie's just a random vote for early D1. :p

Also, what's wrong with your eyes? I've been making good conversation...at the moment, I'm here, and have just been making a spreadsheet for the past 45 minutes. ;)

[collapse=Post Counts]
Terywj 33
John2k4 18
asianaussie 17
ORI_bro 12
o-Serin-o 11
Sokr 9
Sold2 9
Gova 6
MARaTHonman 4
Gheb_01 4
Asdioh 1
felipe_9595 1[/collapse]

Hardly a "where in the world have you been you silent guy" kinda situation. :laugh:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
The way Terry worded his sentence, I was under the impression he wanted me to list of who I have suspicions of. Hence why I said "no spoilers."
oh. Well then. It really did sound like you were expecting or wanting a Serin lynch or something. Moving along then~
I don't expect Serin to get lynched, even though I'd like to see it happen.

Woah. You know what. You go do that. This is me saying "I'd like to see you push it." Maybe later on or something, but I'll be looking for a follow up to this. John, letting you know that this is exactly the kind of post you need to mark down on your spreadsheet.

Also let's get it out of the way that post count =/= contribution. There's plenty of reasons to post that contributes nothing to progressing the game, and some people just plain post a lot (lookin at you Tery). Anyways, I'll agree with Tery here John, comment on something. Comment on the Serin wagon, or on where Ori is going, or even on Tery calling you out or something.

Things are getting interesting :colorful:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Is that Keanu Reeves pic from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? If so, I approve lol.

As for me advocating the Serin push, I don't see anyone else pushing for anything, so why not :p

John2k4

The End of an Era
So Ori, are you comfortable with leaving your vote on Serin?

Tery's posting on everything is interesting, taking note of it...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I guess, unless people have a better random vote and someone is much closer to being lynched.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
:glare:

Its Day 1 and its RVS...

Everyone right now is throwing votes randomly. I'm voting for someone who I have under my FoS. If it comes down to someone that is L-1 I will gladly unvote/vote to get the game going forward.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Here's what I don't get, though: D1 is the Day of collecting information on everyone. test the waters, build up profiles on people, etc. Why would you want to end D1 as fast as you could? What would you then proceed to do in D2?

FoS: Ori

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
John, as Sold mentioned, post amount has nothing to do with contribution in both Mafia and forums, what I was referring to was aside from your vote on Asianaussie, you have not communicated much with Asianaussie in any sort of dialogue or conversation. If you vote someone in RVS and then don't do anything about it, what's the point of it? This also applies to Marathonman, who has voted me and has done little to nothing about it.

Ori_bro, FoS' aren't for throwing around. You should have justification for why you are suspicious of them. FoS'ing someone during RVS is rather insignificant, and pushing for a lynch based on such a FoS is also insignificant.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yes I realize that, Tery. I was hoping for a casual "Why the vote" or something from aussie, to get the discussion rolling, but nothing. :/

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Here's what I don't get, though: D1 is the Day of collecting information on everyone. test the waters, build up profiles on people, etc. Why would you want to end D1 as fast as you could? What would you then proceed to do in D2?

FoS: Ori
I probably came off as wanting D1 to be done with.

For me, I don't want to speak for others, I WANT D1 to be long, its a great way to see how people play this game and its the best thing to look back to when you want to confirm suspicions.

Its basically D2+ I like to see go fast.

I know what you do during D1 :p The Hugurashi mafia D1 lasted 5+ days so I was able to learn a lot.

Ori_bro, FoS' aren't for throwing around. You should have justification for why you are suspicious of them. FoS'ing someone during RVS is rather insignificant, and pushing for a lynch based on such a FoS is also insignificant.
I guess :p

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I could have swore we had more people playing.

I'm sure Gheb is prolly just getting up or so. Or just coming home.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yes I realize that, Tery. I was hoping for a casual "Why the vote" or something from aussie, to get the discussion rolling, but nothing. :/
You're the one who wants to get information on someone. It's your job to start talking, not theirs. Otherwise, RVS would be entirely silly, wouldn't it.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Fair enough, Tery. I was looking back at the first few posts in Housepets when I stated that.

Serin, I see you down there, what's your thoughts on Ori?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Okay, as far as Ori is considered, he is 25% scum 75% townie to me until further evidence proves otherwise.

The 25% comes from his earlier posts from today. Voting me, then sticking to the vote with little or no evidence of how I could be scum comes off as a weird vibe to me. Plus his wording in the "No spoilers" post was iffy too. No much of a read, but it's what I see in my eyes while eating some graham crackers.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Ah yes, I forgot about that one...

Why are you saying "No Spoilers" if you're town, Ori? If you are a townie, you should have nothing to hide...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ah yes, I forgot about that one...

Why are you saying "No Spoilers" if you're town, Ori? If you are a townie, you should have nothing to hide...
If my "spoilers" of who I suspect actually are mafia, I don't want to end up dead lol.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im in a ******** timezone and wake up late so don't expect me on heaps

im going shopping for part of today so i won't be back to post properly for a few hours at least

john, i have no qualms with people voting anybody in RVS, me asking you why you voted me would reveal very little, and probably would have something to do with the pre-game shenanigans

post count means almost nothing, i have the 3rd most lol

FoS is a really weak statement imo, i don't take them seriously and treat them as signposts to the (hopefully) reasoning just above or below them

again, will post properly soon

vote: Terywj

John2k4

The End of an Era
If my "spoilers" of who I suspect actually are mafia, I don't want to end up dead lol.
That's not the smart thing to do...you want to share your reads and cases so others can give you opinions and do their own checking on them. Mafia can only kill during the night in this game (and in most other games), but even if they do Nkill you, you don't want your reads and cases to die with you.
Everyone will eventually post their good share of reads/suspicions/cases as the game goes on, so don't be worried to make a case on someone this early.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ori_bro are you really gonna be focused on actual pushing or are you just chatting.
Him saying he is an awkward time zone prompted me to ask lol.

That's not the smart thing to do...you want to share your reads and cases so others can give you opinions and do their own checking on them. Mafia can only kill during the night in this game (and in most other games), but even if they do Nkill you, you don't want your reads and cases to die with you.
Everyone will eventually post their good share of reads/suspicions/cases as the game goes on, so don't be worried to make a case on someone this early.

I can't argue with that.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'll be signing off for the night. I need to finish up 2 art projects for tomorrow. I'll be back tomorrow morning or later on tonight.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Even if you do end up dead, this will just reinforce your reads in the eyes of the town. Either way it's a good contribution to the town cause.

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
So looking through the posts so far, I think Ori is the most interesting player so far. He seems to be taking stands, but going along with the crowd. This probably is just being a newb though.

Tery, I voted you because we played in a game with each other.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So looking through the posts so far, I think Ori is the most interesting player so far. He seems to be taking stands, but going along with the crowd. This probably is just being a newb though.
What do you think of John's RVS vote but then not following through with anything?

Marathonman said:
Tery, I voted you because we played in a game with each other.
Fair enough. How do you like Serin?

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
What do you think of John's RVS vote but then not following through with anything?

Fair enough. How do you like Serin?
Doesn't really bother me that much. It's RVS, so I don't think you're obliged to follow through. I don't think it's a tell either way.

Serin is a cool guy... Oh wait, you mean in the game? He seems to be making sense to me.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Sokr, thoughts thus far?
I have a fos on ori and that's about it.

Ori because of the whole keeping his thoughts hidden thing.

For what it is (or isn't) worth:

FOS: Ori

Top Bottom