• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 15 - Betty Crocker Mafia - Game Over!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Random D1 vote go!

Why ya voting Serin so early, Tery?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
vote: Serin

Random D1 vote until something happens!

FoS: Everyone that isn't me
:yeahboi:

Can't wait to see people play this out.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
vote: Sokr

idk who this is

just curious, but sold, are you the guy i infuriated by repeatedly knocking nichijou? i forget these things

asianaussie

Smash Hero
oh lol, the two parts of the post were distinct, i was talking to another player

introduction, history, no. of games played, preference scum/town

feel free not to answer any questions if you so feel, but tell me why

and tery is aizen, don't listen to him (her?) ever

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Vote: ORI_bro. FoS everyone but yourself? Acting pretty independent over there! Just kidding, and it is true that the only person you know for sure is town is yourself (assuming you're town).

But the vote stays!

Anyways I'm going to talk a little about the set-up here. Since this is an open game, it's best to get the discussion out of the way as early as possible, that way we can't be sidetracked by set-up discussion later in the game. If this was a closed game, we would be talking about the set-up later, to keep the scum from knowing which players have important roles, and so we'd have more information to work with.

It's a really basic set-up and neither of the town's power roles(the watcher and the tracker) can get any very reliable information until one of the mafia dies.

In the watcher's case, if the person targeted didn't die, he's obviously found the tracker, not mafia. The watcher here shouldn't say anything unless there are two people claiming to be tracker, which would out one of them as scum. By not revealing that you found the tracker, you keep both your roles hidden from scum, which are looking for the power roles. If the watcher's target DID die and he got a result, it is very likely, but not confirmed, that who he saw was the scum. It could be the tracker, but odds are it's not. You should probably claim your information if you see this, though if you feel very strongly that who you saw is the tracker, do not. Use your best judgement here.

The tracker's case is very similar. If he saw the person targeting a player who did not die, it's the watcher and you do not need to claim unless two people are claiming to be watcher. And if he saw the person targeting a dead body, it's likely to be scum, but use your judgement.

One important thing. If you are the watcher or tracker and are going to claim a result on somebody you believe to be scum, do not tell them which you are, this way you are more likely to catch them in a lie, which would confirm your suspicions.

I'm sorry that was a bit longwinded and I had trouble explaining it, but I hope you all understood what I'm getting at. It'll change a bit when one of the mafia or one of the town power roles dies, but that's unimportant now. Any questions?

John2k4

The End of an Era

Well, just John here. :)
I've played three games now (MM, Housepets [DR], and now this).
I can't say as to the preference, since in each game I have been town. Scum sounds interesting, but I have no experience with it. :/

Tery's internet will disappear soon enough. It seems to dislike him. :p

--

Thanks for that, Solid. ;)

John2k4

The End of an Era
Tery's trying to find something to cause a fuss over early on. :laugh:

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
oh lol, the two parts of the post were distinct, i was talking to another player

No history, no games played, no experience to prefer.

:phone:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@asianaussie, sorry I didn't see you there lol. You're thinking of me, though I wasn't "infuriated." I think you're dumb because of it, but I'm not mad.

@John, solid... I feel like I've been replaced already :c.

@Sokr, it is entirely possible to use thoughts like "Tery is coming on strong at the start of the game." You can use it to look for patterns or compare it to Tery in other parts of the game. I really suggest you keep some sort of notes, this way when you look over specific players you remember things like that. I personally make a spreadsheet in excel for mafia games.

Anyways, when I see someone asking strong questions like Tery is right now, I prefer to wait and see the answer. They may be onto something, they may be just looking for a discussion starter, or they may be doing something scummy like looking for a distraction. But unless the question is intentionally stupid, barbed, or will lead into a bad discussion, it's really good to see how they get answered and how people follow up on their questions. You can always tell them your problem with the question after the answer has been told, but you shouldn't make someone feel like a question isn't significant and doesn't have to be answered (again, there's some obvious exceptions).

Oh my god I type too much on little subjects.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Also I'm going to shower and go to bed and stuff. Sorry y'all. I should be back tomorrow.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Terywj ()
2. Sokr (1) AA
3. Serin (2) Tery, Ori
4. John2k4 ()
5. asianaussie (1) John
6. Ori_Bro (1) S2
7. Matathonmann ()
8. Gheb ()
9. Sold2 ()

Not voting - Sokr, Serin, MM, Gheb

With 9 playing, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is November 17th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Vote: ORI_bro. FoS everyone but yourself? Acting pretty independent over there! Just kidding, and it is true that the only person you know for sure is town is yourself (assuming you're town).

But the vote stays!

But yeah I was just being fun XD.

AA this is a newbie game so chances are you won't be getting the info you want out of most people.

but i still have a FoS at Tery even though I think its just an early game misread.

John2k4

The End of an Era
RL mafia games are short, but a ton of fun. :)

AA - I see you didn't want to stick with Sokr... ;)

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
Vote Tery
Well I have finished three games, though just one on this site. I haven't played enough to know what I prefer yet.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
@asianaussie

why did you unvote me? any particular reason?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Unvote

What's wrong with unvoting?

Vote: Sokr

Let alone voting again. It's still RVS. **** can still be thrown around.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Nothing's wrong. It just seemed to me he didn't wait long enough for something to come from that vote.

Vote: Serin

So, any experience playing with any of these peeps?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
nope.avi

I'm not an IC. Sold can explain that for you. :troll:

I don't see why you would ask this question, BTW. What do you hope to gain from my answer? I think most of us have played before and understand the function and concept of FoS, so what did you hope to achieve?

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
I hope to achieve the knowledge of what it means. i do not know. what does it stand for?

:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
fos is finger of suspicion, basically saying 'im onto you' without a vote

i don't take them seriously, dunno bout you

if i told you why i unvoted it would ruin the point of it

tery, this is a newbie game, don't make issues out of him legitimately asking questions about mafia itself - same with reading ICs based on their explanations

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't believe that one bit, especially not with your play in Britches and Hoes, but for the sake of this being a newbie game.

FoS: Finger of suspicion. Indicating, well, suspicion.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im not aizen, you're aizen

im tsukishima

but aizen is tsukishima

FFFFFFFFFFFF

@ marathonman, do you think tery's suspicion of sokr concerning this FoS thing is warranted?

also tery please don't reference ongoing games if possible, this applies to everyone

Top Bottom