• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wiki created: SSBB Custom Content!

Nintens

Smash Rookie
I'd like to get started on the stage section, but I can't figure out how to create new templates.

PS: Please don't bring hate into this topic. >_>

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Nintens is right, I'd rather stick back on topic about the Wiki rather than continue the drama. What's done is done.

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
YEAH LINKS UP FRONT *random*

Looks good, I'm excited.

I might go around cleaning up character pages. I looked at Link's page and his description is a mess.

mofo_

Smash Ace
OMG for some reason my whole article on 75m got deleted!!! look at the edit history and you can see it! how do i change it back??

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
OMG for some reason my whole article on 75m got deleted!!! look at the edit history and you can see it! how do i change it back??
I got the source from the previous edit before it was wiped out and put it into the new revision. Most of the formatting is there, but I'm not sure if I missed something. Hopefully you can go from there.

I have no idea how you replaced the content like that, and I edit wikis all the time...

mofo_

Smash Ace
i tried to put a navigation box for Donkey Kong universe, but i dont how to so i just copied the template from another wiki hoping it would work but i guess it just got messed,

thanks for fixing it! :D

Nintens

Smash Rookie
I organized the 75m section. I think it looks much better this way. I'd start the other sections, but I probably won't get a chance to since I'm pretty busy at the moment.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Again I say, thumbnails in the character/stage page, content pages subpages of the creator to avoid name conflicts.
And it appears you're adding whatever the hell you want and not just your own content. That's a big no-no. >_>

mofo_

Smash Ace
whats wrong with adding whatever? We're collecting screenshots of textures, download links, and information about pretty much everything we can, so why not?

can you please do another diagram for what you mean for the stages?

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
First, it's just plain rude. Second, it's hard to deal with updating files that need it if the creator isn't the one watching their pages. Third, it's actually illegal due to wiki licensing issues.

And it would be basically the same as the character diagram I posted, but with the stage names rather than character names.
Should SSE stages get their own pages, a catch-all "custom stage" page, or just use the page of the stage they replace?

mofo_

Smash Ace
well we dont really need that much info on the characters...and i will just add w/e content anyways i dont think theyre copyrighted

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Is there anything that just needs writing done?

Stages?

Games?

ANYTHING?!

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Feel free to hit me up for any wiki wizardy you need, I'm fairly well versed in it.
Noticed a pretty silly link on the front page. xd

mofo_

Smash Ace
can you make nav boxes for the game universes.
and yeah SSE stages would get their own section.
also, do we want each individual texture to have its own page?

mofo_

Smash Ace
oh hey nintens i s aw the changes you made to the 75m article i wrote, how do u change the infobox? it says replaces characters and its not a character :o

btw kewl texture

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
also, do we want each individual texture to have its own page?
That's what I was aiming for.
With each having its own page, you can use all the preview space you want, keep track of updates, keep a changelist for movesets, categorise them for easy searching by user, character, stage, content type, etc.

Nintens

Smash Rookie
oh hey nintens i s aw the changes you made to the 75m article i wrote, how do u change the infobox? it says replaces characters and its not a character :o

btw kewl texture
I know it says it replaces a character, but I don't know how to create new templates. I really just borrowed the character templates just so stage pages could be created until a proper template was made.

And thanks.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
I do take offence, sir, I do. My attempt at a template for such things is plainly visible on my Pleinair page. ;-;
Works for stages, movesets, textures of all sorts, and can easily be adapted for more if need be.

It allows up to ten images, an embedded video, automatic categorisation for the file replaced, type of hack, and creator, links back to your own User namespace page, has room for changelists and general comments and notes, more if you need it, less if you don't want it, yadda yadda yadda.

mofo_

Smash Ace
okay i seen your pleinair and maybe you should include a pic of the character its based on?
anywayz i think i will use your template, but for stages w/ a lot of pics i think i will put a gallery instead, so its not a long scrolling down thingy

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
If you want an image gallery instead of a longass sidebar you can just leave the image slots in the template blank and add a gallery under the template code. I tried to make sure it works nicely with stuff like that.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Good idea, poor logo. Find someone who can actually draw or use photoshop to make a logo for you. The flowthrough lines in that logo all lead people right out of the picture, and not in the good way.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
No idea, really. At least not as to why the BlazBlue universe page is inside its own category instead of some overall "universe page" category.

Anyhoo, made a template for the music page; giving it a test run on my user page.
http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/User:Daakun#My_Music

Anything you fellows see that needs fixing/adding/whatever before I go and magic up the current BRSTM page with it?

Top Bottom