• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wiki created: SSBB Custom Content!

mofo_

Smash Ace
k, ill guess ill take care of stages
but gotta figure out how to make a nice template, else i just steal the format from meowmix wiki lol

Xyless

Smash Master
The characters' pages have all been set up. Tomorrow's job for me: start listing textures and finish organizing the music.

Nintens

Smash Rookie
Good work. Hope you didn't mind me editing in all the icons in whatnot. There's still more I want to add, so I'll work on it more tomorrow if I get a chance.

Xyless

Smash Master
Haha, I was entertaining myself with you replacing the icons. I was going to throw them in after making all of the profiles, but once I saw you starting with the icons, I just started purposely leaving them out so I could get another email popup saying that yet another icon has been added.

And the more input the better, in my opinion!

Nintens

Smash Rookie
Heh. It was pretty amusing. xD I wasn't purposely trying to make popups, I just wanted it to look nice. Anyways, I think I might start the Pokemon section next time. That'll be even more popups!

Zephron

Smash Ace
KittyCorp doesn't do music, and the MeowMix wiki doesn't have much music at all. Like I said, originally it was just for music, but I figured I'd open it up to the other hackers as well.

Eh, people keep saying those things will have sooo much potential, just like how they said with the wiki, but people let it die.

Frankly, since ours already has a large texture database, I don't know why you guys are making another one instead of just reviving the first one.

Overall though I don't have much hope.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It seems like this one has basically imported all the music already, which is pretty awesome.

Also, PSA characters and whatnot.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Added a bit to the Sonic page.

Don't go nuts, this is my first time ever doing anything on wiki.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I'll start adding things as soon as it looks like the organization has settled down, since I don't want to repost it in the proper place later. It'll give me time to refine some stuff and get better pics, anyway.

Xyless

Smash Master
Wow my addition stayed.

Should I do more of that kind of thing?
Yeah, I'd love it. Yours works, though I might reformat it a little later on. I've been a little distracted (working on an Agrias Zelda texture at the moment), but I'll be back on later tonight with a few updates.

Thanks for helping it out, guys! Looking better and better!

Nintens

Smash Rookie
I Haven't been able to do much today because I've been busy. I'll try to add some more later.

Also, I like the character profiles smashbro29. I think you should keep doing them.

Nintens

Smash Rookie
I would, but I don't know how to create templates. Sorry. I just started messing with wikia a few days ago. But I'll try and see if I can do something about it.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
The Touhou page is... getting there.

can someone fix this
http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/Stages
its all weird looking
I think it has something to do with the fancy formatting interface they have. It screws up and displays messed up HTML code. Just stick to wiki code or switch between the 2 formats and strictly preview with wiki code only. Press the Source button to switch between the two...

-

The front page looks pretty plain... what happened to the nice giant poster? Someone needs to work on the navigation on the site.

-

I propose that we start making articles of game universes to put up custom music. I think we have to arrange each section of the Custom Music Hub wikia into different articles...

-

And what is this Mirror Database that's on the Wikia?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I Haven't been able to do much today because I've been busy. I'll try to add some more later.

Also, I like the character profiles smashbro29. I think you should keep doing them.
Sweet, I'm gonna do some more when I get the chance.

I did Mario and Sonic, think I'm gonna go for Link next.

EDIT:Did Link, adding Final Smashes to Mario and Sonic.

EDIT EDIT: I forgot to log in how do I get it so that it says my name?
or should that even matter?

Nintens

Smash Rookie
Please preview your edits before you post them guys. This is like the third time I've had to add the character's profile box back to the page because someone deleted it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Sweet, I'm gonna do some more when I get the chance.

I did Mario and Sonic, think I'm gonna go for Link next.

EDIT:Did Link, adding Final Smashes to Mario and Sonic.
Before you do any more, read this: http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Mario

We were deciding that we probably don't need all that generalized information. The aim is to just have a blurb about the character in general but have the main focus be information regarding their hacking files and data about their moves (for PSA editors).

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Bummer, it's the only thing I really know how to do.

Oh well, I'll try to find some other way I could help.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Disable the fancy editor.
**** sucks.

Also, my opinion on how you fellows seem to be set to organise this stuff. It's not very good.

The pages for custom content should be categorised as, for example, "Pit Textures".
The category itself would simply be an autogenerated text list; on the page would be a link to the Main:pit_Textures page where there would be a manually updated list with thumbnail previews where available.
The content pages themselves not being subpages of the creator is bad. Two people make the same texture, you're gonna have some name confliction.
Pages need categorised better. Should be "Character Movesets" or "Stage Textures", NOT just "Character" or "Stage".

Blue: Manually update for new entries under it.
Green: Automatically updates; only needs a link back to the Main version of the page.
Yellow: Individually created.
Purple: Has a link to where the arrow points.
Red: Is a member of the category it points to.

Also also, the music page should be a sortable table with source, author, name, etc. listed all in one page.

mofo_

Smash Ace
question: do we want textures to have their own articles? or just have ex: Mario Textures
then theres a box that shows a pic of it and who its by then underneath another texture

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Well we might as well try and keep this alive.

Ill try to attract some interest by having all my Cloud info there (since bionic douche wont let me post it here).

Top Bottom