• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wiki created: SSBB Custom Content!

Xyless

Smash Master
http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/

I initially created this wiki for the sake of the Custom Music Hub, since we wanted a way to organize music and make it easier for anyone to update the list of music, but while making it, I decided to make it a possible future hub for music, textures, PSA work, and Codesets. However, I am not the best at actually creating Wiki pages, and obviously it should be a community effort, so here it is!

Anyway, please help out the wiki. We're collecting screenshots of textures, download links, and information about pretty much everything we can.

Xyless

Smash Master
KittyCorp doesn't do music, and the MeowMix wiki doesn't have much music at all. Like I said, originally it was just for music, but I figured I'd open it up to the other hackers as well.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
With the old MM Wiki essentially shutting down, this could be really good for a universal resource. Assuming the bigger teams jump on and word gets out, it could be incredible. I'd join, because I'm not good enough to get on a team and I don't want my work getting buried in a massive thread.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I really hope this works out. It will be way easier to find everything. This hasso much potential...

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Why did the MM Wiki have to die? Oh well, I suppose we learned our lesson, I hope this one becomes what the MM Wiki was originally meant to be: a resource for all Brawl hacks of all kinds.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I did. Well, the picture itself was made by Nintendo, I believe, and I made the text.
..Nintendo mixed in a non-Brawl Sonic art with the rest of the Brawl cast portraits? And used Pit's old design? That's pretty funny.

As for this, it's a cool idea. I hope it works.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
..Nintendo mixed in a non-Brawl Sonic art with the rest of the Brawl cast portraits? And used Pit's old design? That's pretty funny.

As for this, it's a cool idea. I hope it works.
Snake looks sorta different, too, and I think Samus has brighter colors.

mofo_

Smash Ace
okay cool, i dont see the different sections though..
and if you guys wanna host files maybe you should use The Mirror
hopefully this will be better than MM which sadly died

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Should have added more stuff before announcing it. It just seems to blank for people to be interested.
It's a wiki, it's not gonna have any content until people contribute to it.

And I think this is a good idea. People can just make their own page for a new character (or something else) that they make, add it to the right categories*, and they'll have an easy page for showing off their hack to other people as well as keeping an easily updatable changelog.

*There should be categories made for stuff like move hacks (PSA), animation hacks, full custom characters, partially edited characters, model swaps/hacks, etc. That way there can be a database of all the different types of hacks.

Edit: Never mind what I just said, I just noticed how the Chrono Trigger page integrated all the different types of hacks into the page at once.

mofo_

Smash Ace
okay these are my proposed organization sections ">" means it branches out to different category

Textures>
Character>each character
Items>each item
Stages> each stage(also Bosses)
Final Smashes>each final smash
Articles/Props>each one
Effects>each effect
CSP/BP>each one
Menu( for stuff like CSS buffer/brawl+ title/legality SSS)
Strap Loader(also 4 ways to play)
Etc> Coin Launcher, trophies, SSE enemies, stickers

Music>
Video Games> game of origin, state if its looped or if its victory theme
Other Music> music from radio/movies/tv etc looped/victory theme

Models>
Animation switches
Model replacements

Movesets>
Custom Movesets

Codesets>
Codes organized by what they are ex:
Item Codes
Stage Codes
Super Codes
Extreme Codes
Brawl+ codes
Partial Size Mods etc

Custom Stages too?

this is just basic idea, it can be organized better

Xyless

Smash Master
okay these are my proposed organization sections ">" means it branches out to different category

Textures>
Character>each character
Items>each item
Stages> each stage(also Bosses)
Final Smashes>each final smash
Articles/Props>each one
Effects>each effect
CSP/BP>each one
Menu( for stuff like CSS buffer/brawl+ title/legality SSS)
Strap Loader(also 4 ways to play)
Etc> Coin Launcher, trophies, SSE enemies, stickers

Music>
Video Games> game of origin, state if its looped or if its victory theme
Other Music> music from radio/movies/tv etc looped/victory theme

Models>
Animation switches
Model replacements

Movesets>
Custom Movesets

Codesets>
Codes organized by what they are ex:
Item Codes
Stage Codes
Super Codes
Extreme Codes
Brawl+ codes
Partial Size Mods etc

Custom Stages too?

this is just basic idea, it can be organized better
That is great. I'll set that up after I get done with my Brawl session.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
If this Wiki becomes widely used and active, I'll sticky this, this is an excellent way to organize hacks as well as PSAs, Textures, Music and such in a convenient way

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Alright, there's not a lot to work with yet, but I reworked the Chrono Trigger page a bit. I guess I/we can start making pages for some major things. Also, two more ideas for categories: Websites and Programs

Xyless

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm currently on the verge of making the categories. I don't see a way to do subcategories and such quickly, so it's somewhat tedious. I'm glad you did that Gallery edit, though. I completely forgot about that, and it makes the pictures more organized.

EDIT: Though I want to keep going, I think I'll save a little energy and get some sleep so I can get to work on this in the morning.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
I hope the music section will be more organized than "Video Game" and "Other". Is there a way to arrange music into different categories according to their games and be able to expand and collapse them all on the same page? Otherwise... a giant list of music just seems clunky. The Custom Music Hub is getting huge.

----

EDIT: I see how the Chrono Trigger page is made so I guess we'll arrange music and textures that way... I'll be sure to contribute very soon.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be fantastic to have the guides for brawlbox and psa in there, with the permission of the creators of course

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Expect to see me on it a lot. As a Jr. Sysop of FFXIclopedia (another Wikia wiki) I know a fair bit about the mechanics of editing.

Xyless

Smash Master
I hope the music section will be more organized than "Video Game" and "Other". Is there a way to arrange music into different categories according to their games and be able to expand and collapse them all on the same page? Otherwise... a giant list of music just seems clunky. The Custom Music Hub is getting huge.

----

EDIT: I see how the Chrono Trigger page is made so I guess we'll arrange music and textures that way... I'll be sure to contribute very soon.
I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do for music. Since it's a lot more vague. I might have them separated by game, artist, and then "unsorted". The difficult part is marking what is correctly looped, what loops, and so on.

Also, thanks a lot to those who have contributed while I slept away!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do for music. Since it's a lot more vague. I might have them separated by game, artist, and then "unsorted". The difficult part is marking what is correctly looped, what loops, and so on.

Also, thanks a lot to those who have contributed while I slept away!
Yeah, we need to only allow music that loops seamlessly to be posted on the wiki

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm in.
I'll post my music.
My name on there will be Seggy T
EDIT: Is there a music section yet? I would like to post in it.

Xyless

Smash Master
Hold on, I'm making a temporary music section right now, while I figure out a proper way to categorize it all. I'll post it in a minute.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
this wikia is a good idea

maybe add some navigation links to the front page?

And as for categories, what mofo posted sounds good

Code:
Textures
	Character
		PAC/PCS
		Articles
		Effects
		Portraits
		Final Smashes

Items
		Pokemon
		Assist Trophies
	Stages
		Boss Stages
	Etc

Music
	Video Game Music
		Victory Themes
	Other
		Victory Themes
	Sound Effects (when we get those :p)

Models
	Character (including alloys)
		Model Swaps (if both a model and animation swap, it goes here)
		Animation Swaps
	Custom Models (when we get there)
	SSE Stages
	Other (Pokemon, ATs, Items, etc.)

Movesets
	Character (the one being replaced)

Codes
	Non-customizing codes (like file patch)
	Customizable codes (like css with related codes)
	Customized codes (like the Partial Size Modifier for Doc)

Tools
	Direct (ex PW's CSS Organizer)
	Indirect (ex My CSS Visuals image)
Does that look good?
(and im not sure if splitting to direct and indirect tools is really worth it...)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I want to contribute and I wanna write something.

I just can't seem to find something to just write about without uploading.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Hold on, I'm making a temporary music section right now, while I figure out a proper way to categorize it all. I'll post it in a minute.
I think each Game should show up on the assorted music page but not individual songs. It should link to a page that's dedicated to that game (like the Chrono Trigger page).

So the Mario Universe, Zelda Universe, Banjo Kazooie, Ragnarok, etc should get its own wiki page that has all customs related to it on their own pages.

If a user wanted custom music for Metroid for example... they could go to the Metroid wiki page and there will be Metroid custom music, victory themes, and textures on the page.

The custom music wiki page would have the purpose of linking all the wiki pages to it so you can browse through different games.

Right now... having a second Custom Music Hub on the Wikia is just producing clutter. If wikia people were to update their music on the wikia and CyberGlitch updates the Hub... then we'd get two different lists. I suggest leaving the list format to the Hub while the Wikia focuses on dedicated pages.

Xyless

Smash Master
Don't worry Geno, like it says on the page, it's only temporarily like this, so I can get all of the songs put on the Hub organized and put into Wiki Format. Transferring BBCode to MediaWiki format is not as simple as I originally expected (learned last night), so I figured I'd just do bulk transfers to make it run smoother.

I should have it set up by the end of the night.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I added some of my music :)
EDIT: Gah, I'm new to this Wikia stuff. Can someone fix up my stuff?:ohwell:

Top Bottom