• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New vs. Old Falcon Mains' Opinion Clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I can definitely help with some healthy discussion and debates when good threads arise, but my days of attending tournaments and playing this game competitively are coming towards the end. Most of my competitive juices these days are geared towards Magic: The Gathering and, since playing for about 8 hours yesterday, Halo Reach.

I actually used to be a very high level Halo CE player, and Reach brings me back to the good ole Halo 1 days. I feel like playing at the MLG level once again and that's intriguing.
lol, my roommate is all up on the Halo Reach thing.
He's a "Gamestop employee".

>__>'

I haven't stopped by Falcon boards for a while. Just ran into 34's u-air>footstool shenanigans.

What exactly is with the 'new vs old Falcons' thing?

I was under the thought that there were Brawl and Melee Falcon players, and at some point, the Melee players realized that the play style wasn't around getting kills with the Knee and Falcon's playstyle was like, grab, jab, u-air and all that.

And things like the Fhanfus loop / B-air > Falcon Punch combo (! lol) were things to keep under your belt on the occasion that it happens lol.
:dizzy:

:093:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I suppose I "left" the forums around the same time Ayaz and Champ did. Not to say Champ hasn't been around here every so often (he does check up on the forums, as do I, as does Ayaz), but I think a lot of us got turned off with a lot of the "combo" threads put out by a certain group of people/maybe it wasn't a group/maybe it was just a single person and I don't want to name names/maybe It WAS a group of people/Mindgameslul
I'll do it for you:

TOKNEEORNOTTOKNEE.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I suppose I "left" the forums around the same time Ayaz and Champ did. Not to say Champ hasn't been around here every so often (he does check up on the forums, as do I, as does Ayaz), but I think a lot of us got turned off with a lot of the "combo" threads put out by a certain group of people/maybe it wasn't a group/maybe it was just a single person and I don't want to name names/maybe It WAS a group of people/Mindgameslu

Knee is the pioneer of Falcon's combo metagame. You're obviously calling him out. His contributions are a great help, and should be what keep a creative spark in every Falcon main's mind.

Knee for prosident.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Everyone's discovering new **** on all the boards daily.

2Knee has definantly been one of, if not, the most beneficial member on the Falcon Boards since the beginning though. Without many of the combos and ideas he's thrown out, we wouldn't be as revolutionized and in-depth with Falcon's metagame as we are now. Almost all of the things that have been discovered up to date with Falcon can be lead back to 2Knee's discoveries.

Even if he trolls a lot now, 2Knee knows his ****.

Tenki

Smash Hero
but I think a lot of us got turned off with a lot of the "combo" threads put out by a certain group of people/maybe it wasn't a group/maybe it was just a single person and I don't want to name names/maybe It WAS a group of people/Mindgameslul
lol, you gotta admit though, some of the combo/weak-hit exploits were cool though.
I forgot the setup, but remember B-air > Falcon Punch? ;P

tenki :D

waba closed moved and merged with some other USA gaming arena place or something , may 15th ****s going down

roswell now instead of duluth

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246312

Oh. I was wondering about that.

So I was trolling around the freshman dorms at Tech and found out that they were gonna have a Brawl tourney. Now I hadn't played reg Brawl (nor was in a mindset for it) since like, last summer, but I thought "ezpz mode :laugh:, I want the prize" (which I later found out was... gamestop brand controllers, not gamestop giftcards :urg: ).
And I got sent to losers' bracket first round by a D3. I was like wat, someone who knows what he's doing-

it was 4GOD. iono if you've seen him (i mean, you went to WABA more often), but it was a fun shock. i fought for my life back up to grand finals, won the first set, and suicifailed the second. it was awesome.

anyway, he told me about the whole WABA --> ??? thing.

:; i shud unrust and play again some time lol.

Player-3

Smash Hero
hell yeah 4god is a beast

i would have beaten him in brackets last time i went but i had to leave in the middle of our set >:

i broke his shield and missed two fully charged smashes LOL

did artdude show up? he's a pretty ballin DK/(i think he still plays MK or ICs not sure)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Artdude does go here.
I ran into him in a gaming club tourney in the fall and had a ... terrible failure LOL

cp'd his DK to rainbow cruise, but then i lost my lead because I got D-tilt wall infinited > death.

soo bad. I haven't run into him since, but it's nice to find people who know how to play again lol.

and related to this thread,
b-air > falcon punch combo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZfpG-fKGb8

Zeallyx

Artdude does go here.
I ran into him in a gaming club tourney in the fall and had a ... terrible failure LOL

cp'd his DK to rainbow cruise, but then i lost my lead because I got D-tilt wall infinited > death.

soo bad. I haven't run into him since, but it's nice to find people who know how to play again lol.

and related to this thread,
b-air > falcon punch combo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZfpG-fKGb8

Credit to yours truly for the combo: ME!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Credit to yours truly for the combo: ME!
i just realized that this literally means:
Credit to me for the combo: ME!

what is all this **** about new falcons? what happened? I havent played brawl in like a year. I be a melee falcon so I think ur all wrong
if I understand this correctly, 'old Falcons' (Brawl) are the ones who tried to revive or find Falcon's combo game, 'new Falcons' are... more focused on the jab/grab/read game..?

but IMO there really isn't any difference between the two other than the time period they participated.

It's not like the 'combo' approach was ever exclusive from the 'reading' approach lol.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
if I understand this correctly, 'old Falcons' (Brawl) are the ones who tried to revive or find Falcon's combo game, 'new Falcons' are... more focused on the jab/grab/read game..?
No, it's more like the old Falcons troll a lot because everything posted these days has (for 99% of the time) already been discussed,
and new Falcons are really into "advancing Falcon's metagame and ****" and get offended easily.

At least it was, everything seems all better now because old and new Falcon are all trolling side by side.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Random person: "Who you main?"

Random person(2): "Falcon."

Random person: "Nah man, you trollin'."

Random person(2): ": \"

That's basically how that goes. It's weird because Falcon's higher on the tier list than about 7 characters, yet Falcon mains troll the hardest.

Zeallyx

Random person: "Who you main?"

Random person(2): "Falcon."

Random person: "Nah man, you trollin'."

Random person(2): ": \"

That's basically how that goes. It's weird because Falcon's higher on the tier list than about 7 characters, yet Falcon mains troll the hardest.
Did you say seven characters?

Did he say SEVEN chacters?

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah knee

ganon, zelda, samus, jiggz,

well he should be above 4 unless i'm forgetting someone below him now that isn't link

Player-3

Smash Hero
link is better

lemme look at tier list brb

k

so
falcon should be above (no order)

zelda, ganon, samus, jiggz, yoshi, ike

and link i guess but imo they're even

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
If a pro falcon player at least get place high in tournys and beat a army of top tiers, then he will get more rep.

I have a feeling a pro falcon player won't last too long in MLG Columbus lol. Though Falcon should do well against med tier chars.....

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
If a pro falcon player at least get place high in tournys and beat a army of top tiers, then he will get more rep.

I have a feeling a pro falcon player won't last too long in MLG Columbus lol. Though Falcon should do well against med tier chars.....
hahaha wtf are you talking about

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Tons of people use Falcon, but they just want money and Falcon doesn't really guarantee that. If someone can manage to place high with Falcon though, that would be amazing. Highly doubt it'll happen any time soon though. There's only a handful of skilled players that even consider using Falcon competitively at a professional level. Most of them just use other characters as their mains and Falcon as a 'lol' character.

Sorta like me, but I still use Falcon competitively. lolz.

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
troo men use falcon, the rest just can't live on manliness alone and kneed things like money

CF 4 life baby :falcon:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My Falcon is on and off, between him and Sonic.
When my Falcon is rusted, i use Sonic to make up for it.
But where my Sonic is failing, more than likely, my Falcon will excel.
But i'm still learning Falcon though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom