• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Is Nasamiro Samurai completely void of any creativity? This man says yes. But it's up to you to decide for your own.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Maybe this was all part of Sakurai's plan. Pass a fake leak around, see how people react, and surprise them with something else...

Or not...

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
"Let's add seven Mario characters, and cut other franchises just 'cuz."

Welp. This roster is ****. But hey, at least ganon is still a clone, right. Sucks for his supporters.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Wow... Ridley really isn't playable? But hes been teased since almost the beggining...
He never teased him being a character you people just didn't put the pieces together that he was talking about a stage boss/Hazard. Like seriously he said "there will be other stage bosses" and he shows a shadow of Ridly moving in a scripted way.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I didn't believe it, but unless someone is incredibly dedicated, this is legit.

I just really hope that it hadn't been the full roster we'd seen on the CSS.

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
I don't know... Shulk's recovery is very similar to Marth's and Ganondorf's attack effects stand out A LOT more than others.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Wait, okay. Bowser jr. may not have his paintbrush, but he looks so cool! I have never really been a huge "Ah, I want Bowser jr." But whoa I may play as him a lot! And Shulk?! Like c'mon that's awesome! Can't wait to see Duck Hunt Dog in footage video! Wow. Im totally convinced now.

For all the people who don't care for Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, don't worry. Think of these two as a couple of extra characters who Sakurai gave us! They may be really cool!

Also if this is true, goodbye Ice Climbers. I never played as you two, but it will be a lil sad not seeing two top tier characters not return to this game. Once again if this is true. . . Which it really does :D

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Does shulk seem to resemble the fire emblem movements to anyone else?

If this is real I'm a bit disappointed but DUCK HUNT DOG

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I'm hella salty rn lol :cry: I'm in love with bowser jr though and he was one of my most wanted. I just cant fathom how Ice Climbers and Mewtwo don't make it but Dr. Mario does. Its just weird

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
While I am very happy to see bowser junior possible gameplay (I believe he's in, but I'll only feel at rest when Nintendo confirms it). Also, I look forward to possibly playing as shulk (once again, only Nintendo can fully confirm it). However, simply because they probably will be in doesn't confirm the roster leak. This could still just mean that someone made a lucky guess with bowser junior.

Although the leak does appear to have a higher likelyhood of being real, I just don't like the idea of dark pit, doctor mario, and duck hunt dog (who's real name is me.peppers) in the game. Everyone complains about how Lucina is a clone, yet when two clones (dr.mario and dark pit) are supposedly leaked no one seems to care. Even ganandorf is once again a capt falcon clone and no one seems to care! (P.S from this video leak Lucina looks awesome and fast). I would probably be fine if dark pit had different uprising weaponry that pit (dark pit staff, ogre club, silver bow, etc) yet still had similar movement I would be fine, yet doctor mario has no other moves he can fall back on and seems to be a clone. Don't even get me started on duck hunt dog. I can't think of anything he could do, and honestly I think smash bros has enough retro character. We need space for new characters that need representation for their games.

I personally don't like the leaked roster. Some characters I accept, but most just seem far fetched to me. Of course, this is just me, but can anyone really think of a moveset for duck hunt? I also don't like how characters from the same universe aren't together in the leak. It just seems wrong, and just because they're clones is no excuse.

Sakurai has stated that they have no plans for dlc (they might have it later, but as for now there are no plans) so don't go thinking that these are dlc characters. The only thing that makes me feel better about the supposed leak being real is that it was stated that not all of the characters were unlocked yet, so that brings hope for several characters not yet leaked .(let's go wolf!)

casto

Smash Rookie
Almost exactly 10 seconds into leak 1, you can see a figure in the bottom right hand corner.

This looks to be a person jumping in front of a projection screen.

In other words, I'm not entirely convinced that we're even looking at a physical 3DS screen.
that's because we're not. it's an ESRB viewing. they're not going to have a panel of people crowd around a 3DS to watch a video to justify the rating it will receive.

Imber

Smash Cadet
So duck hunt dog doesn't even have a name? He's just "duck hunt dog"? Maybe this is weird but I would like him more if he had an actual name.

Poogy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Poogasaurus
Looks pretty real. I mean, it could actually all be a super elaborate hoax mod, especially since the leak originally just did screenshots, but not videos he had? I mean, these screenshots were taken -from- the videos. But Bowser Jr is really unique, got star KO'd with the new Sm4sh animation for it. Ganondorf has the new graphic effect that all Smashes get (I only noticed it on him, I wasnt paying specific attention to that kinda stuff, just happened to notice it,) it generally looks fairly convincing. Could it be real? Absolutely, and I'm about 90% sure it is now. It seems like the kind of roster they'd have.

As for Dr Mario coming back, I really dont like it much. But I really shouldnt talk, since I'm hyped over Lucina. Dark Pit I wanna feel the same way, but I'm not experienced with Kid Icarus so he could be super different for all I know. Feels weird not having ICs back in though. Granted they could have been turned into unlockables, as odd as it is. Same with Lucas, Wolf, and Snake.

As for clones, not a big surprise. Sakurai gets horribly ill in the process of making Smash because of how much time and stress he pours into the series. On top of this, Smash always has a bunch of clones. It shouldn't be surprising or disappointing anyone at this point.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
lol@ the people saying 'good roster' sorry, no good roster without Ridley.

ecoh5

Smash Rookie
Wow the leak is real!
I am now just wondering what will be dr mario, dark pit, and browser jr final smash will be. It already for certain that the duck hunt dog would do something with the ducks and him being a dog so it's...
LANDMASTER XD

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
You're all being a bunch of babies. Sakurai gives you 48 characters, Miis, and DLC, and you whine because Dr. Mario is there? Even if we removed EVERY CLONE, we'd still get more characters and a faster game than in brawl. Not to mention portable gaming, new items, and fun non clone characters. He gets up every morning to try to make you brats happy and this is what you give him? I want you to live in his shoes and see what he has to go through because "OMG DARK PIT IS IN CLONE!!!" Stop jumping at him because he didn't add your dumb Golden Sun character or Ridley. I don't even know what golden sun is.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
So far we have an oversaturated roster with mario characters and more clones added to the game with the falcondorf still being a thing wow Sakurai completely lied to us and added more clones and left old clones alone.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ok what? Shulk's moveset is a clear mesh of other attacks... He used Marth's Dolphin Slash, Link's up tilt, Link's Down Air, Captain Falcon's Up Special, and Sheik's Bouncing Fish thing. Srsly, it's not even subtle...

MMSK786

Smash Rookie
NNID
MMSK786
3DS FC
1504-5801-6001
IMO, the results screen doesn't seem to convince me since, similar to the E3 Demo, the gold is supposed to be at the top left of the top screen along with the stage name. Plus why is there immediately a small clip of Yoshi at the Home Run Contest?
To me the whole leak seems to be recorded on another device playing the supposed 3DS footage.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Looks like it's real now, was hoping Dr Mario and Dark Pit to be an alternate costume, not another slot by their own though, could have gave the slots to Mewtwo, etc.

IMO don't get the hate for Bowser Jr, looks like a cool character to use.
The hate could be from a lot of people hating Mario sunshine and the amount of Mario reps they have, people think Rosalina is enough. I didn't like the idea of Rosalina or jr when I read so many people requesting them but they sure are unique and look fun to play.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
I promised myself that I wouldn't whine about whatever Sakurai did.
But this world is not one for promises....

I try to understand what he does. Whenever a supported character isn't there, I try to tell myself he had good reasons....
But I want to whine sometimes. I just can't hold it in anymore.

I seriously don't like this roster.
I really don't. I know I shouldn't be mad at it, but what I'm looking at here, it really doesn't look like the game I was so hyped for every month, every day since E3 2014. It.... Just doesn't feel like it. I like the additions of DHD, Dark Pit but seeing as the unrevealed newcomers are clone, Bowser Jr. and Shulk? I honestly don't enjoy it.

But it'll be a good game.
At least I got Little Mac/Rosalina/Palutena.

EDIT: If the characters from the Smashboards leak are truly real and ESRB leak and Smashboards leak are both true, I will be a little less angry. I just don't feel a lot of hype anymore.

Last edited:

Toony McSkizzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarknessMaster
3DS FC
0361-7887-2519
I'm still going to follow the general rule of thumb of "take all leaks with a grain of salt", but I'm really impressed by how real this leak seems. If its real, awesome. If not, I'm cool with that too.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Bowser Jr's movements are so unatural, if this is really leak, I'm actually upset. This is pretty lazy of the character roster group, who pre-plans the roster. I mean, if they brought back every character from Smash, then I'd be happy and lot more understanding, but this is kinda disappointing...

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
Seriously,

It looks like we're getting 50+ characters. Even if there's characters I go "what?" at or ones I wanted that didn't get in, there's not a single thing I feel I need to complain about.

50+ fricking characters. Holy bejeebes. 3 Clones (I think) makes less than 10 percent of the roster and no time to make. No problems here. Rejoice people! Smash 4 shall be upon us soon!

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
Almost exactly 10 seconds into leak 1, you can see a figure in the bottom right hand corner.

This looks to be a person jumping in front of a projection screen.

In other words, I'm not entirely convinced that we're even looking at a physical 3DS screen.
Great eye! I was completely distracted by everything else :p

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
So if these leaks really are true, then here are my thoughts:

THE GOOD:
- Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, and Shulk are playable characters.
- The SNES F-Zero stage is real and looks awesome (as long as it's not as unfair as Port Town from Brawl).
- At least the Ice Climbers and Lucas will be on the roster at some point, since I enjoyed their presence despite never playing as either.
- Reduced landing lag could mean faster and more offensive gameplay (I think that's how it works, I'm not a competitive player)

THE WTF:
- My fears of returning stages acting as filler for franchises came true.
- Something about Dark Pit being playable just doesn't sit well with me. At least Dr. Mario and Lucina are in different outfits, not glorified color swaps.
- WHY IS GANONDORF STILL A FALCON CLONE?! IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!
- HOW DID DR. MARIO GET TO COME BACK FROM MELEE AND FREAKING MEWTWO DIDN'T! I CAN LIVE WITHOUT RIDLEY, BUT NO MEWTWO?!

If I misinterpreted something in these gut reaction opinions, please clarify in a polite manner :D

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty disappointed. I'm happy with shulk and Duck Hunt Dog but honestly? dr. Mario and Dark Pit? If they are different I'll be happy but it's not likely. and I really don't like how Bowser Jr. plays. It's ok if the Koppa Clown Kart was used for some attacks, not all. (and plus i'd much rather have toad.) And really? Ganon is still a clone!!!!! I'm honestly hoping it's fake.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

The leaker got Bowser Jr. moveset right, from the cannon ball and boxing gloves bit (check the footage)

mewtwo and ridley is real

also dixie kong and chorus kids

I KNOW WHO I WILL WANT FOR SMASH 5!!!

Return or might Wolf and Ice Climberss. people will be ass annoying as Roy/Mewtwo fans and I will be part of that lol.

Top Bottom