• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
Can anyone remind me if DLC were part of the leak? Since the roster is more than likely confirmed, I would like to know if IC, Snake, etc are DLC.
The DLC leak has been confirmed false by the leaker, but we do not know all characters. My guess the rest are Ninka leak characters are the remaining ones (Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and Chourus Men)

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
The roster is real, fine. I actually have hope for Dark Pit, but Doctor Mario needs to be less cloney . A different down would be a good start.

jigglover

Smash Lord
When was the last time bowser used the clown car though? I could be wrong but Mario world?
Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Bowser also used it in Brawl and has a Melee trophy of it, lol. Bowser also used it in Mario Party 8 and New Super Mario Bros. 2. And of course Super Mario World!

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards I wish you would stop posting new's stories about leaks.

As the "premium" smash forum provider I feel this is a bit low brow, and beside's that I am willing to bet a dollar all the leaks are fake anyway. Screencap me I ain't scared.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Whoa. It's very hard NOT to believe this anymore. Duck Hunt Dog confirmed then? That should be good, I really like this roster but there are more cuts than I though there would be since it is true. I hope we get Mewtwo, didn't the leak have a question mark next to his name? Well, we can only hope.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
For all those people who were saying it didn't matter that Shulk is a sword-user because he could have a unique and interesting moveset based on the unique and interesting Monado---his moveset and sword are not unique nor interesting, they're basically just like Marth, Lucina, and Ike would be if they had beam swords instead of metal ones.

Character implementation fail.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards I wish you would stop posting new's stories about leaks.

As the "premium" smash forum provider I feel this is a bit low brow, and beside's that I am willing to bet a dollar all the leaks are fake anyway. Screencap me I ain't scared.
Can you send that dollar to my paypal I use it towards getting smash 4?

Last edited:

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
Wow. I stand corrected about this leak. My skepticism has turned to hype!

Also, is it just me or does Shulk look kinda Marth-y?

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
The DLC list was fake, at least that's what the mods said.

RIP IceClimbers, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake :sadeyes:

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
LOL, Just realized that these are from the US/European versions of the game.

So why exactly are their release dates so far apart? If all the versions are apparently finished?

I wonder how last minute the ZSS costume was?

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Bowser also used it in Brawl and has a Melee trophy of it, lol. Bowser also used it in Mario Party 8 and New Super Mario Bros. 2. And of course Super Mario World!
Ah that's right in brawl wow I forgot! Sticker star I just picked up so that's a surprise right there ahah. So many games though! I kind of wish bowser didn't have giga bowser as a final smash. Something he would use from the Mario games would have made more sense

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
LOL, Just realized that these are from the US/European versions of the game.

So why exactly are their release dates so far apart? If all the versions are apparently finished?

I wonder how last minute the ZSS costume was?
I guess they think the games will sell better in different regions with the release dates they have now. I wish it were being released in September worldwide

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I can't ****ing believe it. I mean, I'm fine with the two newcomers shown, but that means Dark Pit is in as a clone, Dr. Mario is back as a clone, no sign of Mewtwo, and no clarity as if the leaks showed the final roster.

Sakurai, you're going to have to do some very convincing explaining. Because you put some serious wonk into SSB4's roster!

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Smash is a gathering of nintendo icons, not lolmario and others. Your kind couldn't possibly comprehend reason in choosing a roster.
How many people know GS exists? And don't call me a "kind", don't lump me with your petty steriotypes. What interesting moves does Isaac have? At least people like Ness, although not being the most known series, has a good move set.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Why can't we have nice things, I just pray that, that wasn't the full roster and it looks like it won't be, 7 mario and 5 pokemon and zelda is a little unbalanced

Also if there isn't a DK newcomer I'm gonna be pissed

Last edited:

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
NO GUYS ITS STILL FAKE BECAUSE UM GANONS TOO DARK AND NESS HAS HIS SHIRT TUCKED IN.

FAKE.

WHO CARES IF HE SHOWED US A PART OF A LEVEL THAT JUST GOT REVEALED FOR THE FIRST TIME A FEW DAYS AGO. ITS STILL FAKE GUYS. FAKE AND GAY.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I can't ****ing believe it. I mean, I'm fine with the two newcomers shown, but that means Dark Pit is in as a clone, Dr. Mario is back as a clone, no sign of Mewtwo, and no clarity as if the leaks showed the final roster.

Sakurai, you're going to have to do some very convincing explaining. Because you put some serious wonk into SSB4's roster!
That doesn't mean dark pit is in as a clone. You didn't even see the moveset.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
I still so badly want this to be fake, but there's so much going for this.

The attack animations for Bowser Jr. look so detailed, that faking it would be incredibly difficult.

Some might say that this was made in response to the same "leakers" fake roster post, but if so, the leaker would've posted these along with the original leak.

In other words, this is almost certainly real. I'm at 80/20 now.

This roster would've been perfect if we'd gotten Ridley and Mewtwo.

I'll just have to pray that those characters get added to DLC, or whatever...
The leaker said that the characters he found are not all the characters in the game.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm curious.. What device is this being played on? It's obviously not a typical 3ds since there's no space between the top and bottom screens.. Anyone know?

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
People do realize that when developing the game they probably don't think "Yes, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are clones... no room for other characters like Ridley and Skull Kid now." Clones more than likely happen because there is a short development time and offer the chance to add three additional characters to the roster with less work than building a character from scratch.

It's not Sakurai and company being lazy, it's Sakurai and company finding ways to give us the larger roster we're thirsty for while maximizing their development time.
You've got a great attitude and I like it.

The game is coming out really soon, and I have ZERO complaints about it. The roster is super complete, and if the leak was correct in saying that Ice Climbers, Snake etc. are DLC... I will just be overwhelmed with gratefulness.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious.. What device is this being played on? It's obviously not a typical 3ds since there's no space between the top and bottom screens.. Anyone know?
Its a video for the ESRB to view and discuss what the games rating should be.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
I guess they think the games will sell better in different regions with the release dates they have now. I wish it were being released in September worldwide
I think X & Y had it perfect. and now they're the best selling 3DS games.

I don't see how releasing them at different times helps any. I would like to understand though, and I don't know much about marketing, so if you can explain a bit then I would much appreciate it.

Anyway, I think it's impossible to completely avoid the leaks now. I got spoiled by videos on youtube, with a thumbnail of Bowser Jr's screen KO and later when I came to smashboards and saw the title of this news post, I was like.... Damn it. :(

After that, I've just been drinking up the info lol.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Well, this sucks. Dark Pit and Dr. Mario... and apparently the Chorus Boys too. What a waste.

Last edited:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Yes b
I must admit video evidence makes the argument that much more compelling and definitely in favor of it being real.

Bowser Jr. and the clown car I like, and Shulk at least looks interesting to say the least. We don't see Duck Hunt in action so I suppose if you want to argue the leak is fake or parts of it are Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit remain.

Now to whine like a baby.

Why Dr. Mario? It makes literally no sense and I despised his inclusion in melee. unlike Lucina or even Ganondorf, he is literally MARIO WITH A DOCTOR'S COAT. He is the EXACT SAME CHARACTER. Why does Dr. Mario get a spot when other fans of character that have advocated much harder like Ridley (Not a fan myself but these fans deserve respect) get nothing (Only possibly since leak did not confirm full roster apparently)

Why Dark Pit? Look I liked KI:U fine but Dark Pit's personality is the only thing different about him, aside from the fact he can fly on his own while Pit cannot, a fact that is not going to factor heavily into smash brothers. If we're really going Based Sakurai, why not Hades? Or Medusa? Or even Viridi? All of them are shown in game and have some moves that can be used or created to make a moveset just like he did for Palutena. And before you say time or effort or whatever yes, I know making movesets take time, but it takes time to include clone character's too, just quite as much. One clone equals about half a character.

So why those two instead of one more unique character? I will whine about this because I'm a baby. Same way I whine that if Both Ganondorf and Toon Link are clones (And they are, don't even bother with the different hitbox argument that's the essence of clones. Same moves, slightly different power, speed, and hitboxes.) they should be slapped into the little clone row where they belong. If this clone row is actually a thing.

Alright, I think I'm done whining. In the end, the roster still looks amazing, I think I'm just feeling salty because the last few inclusions on the roster apart from Shulk and Bowser Jr. Really rub me the wrong way.
Yes because Falcon has ganons fair utilt side b and up smash. Toon Link clearly has the same usmash bair and dash attack as Link ..... O WAI they're diferent moves.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
How many people know GS exists? And don't call me a "kind", don't lump me with your petty steriotypes. What interesting moves does Isaac have? At least people like Ness, although not being the most known series, has a good move set.
anyone who played brawl knows golden sun exists, but apparently you didn't.
Golden Sun revoles around PSYNERGY, which, like Ness's abilities, would make for a damn good moveset. But you wouldn't know this because your ignorance is baffling.

You're still a lump in the mass of people who share your mindset.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Somebody pointed out that in one of the videos there's a figure moving in the image much like someone moving in front of a projector. Probably being displayed on a projector screen for a viewing.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
sakurai you have failed! this is the worst roster i've ever seen!! i'm starting to lose faith in the new games now...

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
The Bowser Jr. Video part of this video is convincing:

However, the Shulk pat of the video does not look that convincing to me for these reasons:

1. Here is the results screen from said video:
    *Notice how static and still Lucina is standing at the results screen, plus there are two victory ribbons (forgot the actual name), where there is regularly only one.
  2. There are no items from SSB4. It would have been more convincing if they had an item from the game.

The main things that convinced me on Bowser Jr. was how he slammed into the screen and that Bowser was using his new moves from SSB4, plus the SSB4 Battle Field stage.
man this denial is so real. 'This doesnt convince me because....no actual reasoning behind the emotion, just because.'

So dumb.

Top Bottom